PDA

View Full Version : Can we beat Dallas?

Barkley
10-05-2006, 10:49 PM
I think we have a chance. Classic trap game. We are in between in Eagles and Giants. Let's hope the Cowboys beat the Eagles and get VERY beat up in the process. Hopefully, they will be looking towards the Giants and overlook us.

NRowl
10-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Let's hope the Cowboys beat the Eagles and get VERY beat up in the process.

I am hoping the Cowboys get beat by the Eagles and get VERY beat up in the process.

mexican_texan
10-05-2006, 10:59 PM
The key is getting pressure on Bledsoe. I think the Cowboys will win, though, seeing as how our LT won't be able to stop DeMarcus Ware AND the DE.

Texizgreat
10-05-2006, 11:18 PM
I am going to the game the Texans better at least put up one heluva fight. I really don't what to walk out getting crud from the cowgirl fans.

hot pickle
10-05-2006, 11:21 PM
good thing is that we got 2 weeks to watch film and prepare, and the texans will be watchin the eagles vs cowboys very closely on sunday

infantrycak
10-05-2006, 11:22 PM
No offense, but this is a question which never needs to be asked. There are definite and well reasoned favorites in almost every game and yet every weekend, much less every year there are surprises. The Texans already have a few in the books--Cowboys 1st game, Steelers with the fewest offensive yds ever, beating the SB losing Panthers, taking the SB winning Pats to overtime, denying the Jags a playoff berth--there is a reason the play the game--on any given sunday.

HoustonFan
10-05-2006, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I think we can much like I think we can beat any other team in this league - the :homer: in me talking here. But it could happen, again. Hope they'll be watching Sundays game against the Eagles and taking notes.

mexican_texan
10-05-2006, 11:39 PM
No offense, but this is a question which never needs to be asked. There are definite and well reasoned favorites in almost every game and yet every weekend, much less every year there are surprises. The Texans already have a few in the books--Cowboys 1st game, Steelers with the fewest offensive yds ever, beating the SB losing Panthers, taking the SB winning Pats to overtime, denying the Jags a playoff berth--there is a reason the play the game--on any given sunday.
Didn't we do that with an experienced corner? And an experienced linebacker corps?

South Texan
10-05-2006, 11:41 PM
Can we? Sure

Will we... Well, if Philly beats the Cowgirls up, if TO starts talking trash if he doesn't get his way, if the pointy little ball takes some unexpected Houston bounces, etc. Translation, I don't think we are quite there yet. <sigh>

I will be happy if we just play them tough. it's not a blow out and most importantly, continue to show improvement.

Double Barrel
10-06-2006, 12:52 AM

As much as I'd like to believe that - and I'm usually a subcriber to the 'any given Sunday' philosophy - I'm still not convinced that our defense can stop anyone. We barely squeaked a win out of Miami, and that's as much due to their incompetence as anything.

Dallas is another matter altogether, and they've got some serious offensive weapons. This is definitely not the 19-10 Cowboys. This is a Parcells team, and they've got an attitude now that will not be matched in intensity by our young team. And let's not even talk about their defense. I don't think we're ready for a shoot out game right now...not if we're too fragile to run a two minute drill.

phan1
10-06-2006, 01:02 AM
Dude, if we win this game, we could go 2-14 again and I'd still consider this a success! :) There is almost nothing that I wouldn't give to see us win next week Sun.

profan
10-06-2006, 01:13 AM
Yes, we could beat them. in order to do so, our defense must have it's best game of the year by farrrrrrr, same for the offense, or we hope dallas has a very bad game in between thier two division games. It could happen.

wicked_wayz
10-06-2006, 01:19 AM
to be honest our db's are gonna have a long night trying to contain T.O and glenn....

Cruuuuuuuz
10-06-2006, 02:15 AM
Well its RIVALRY....anything can happen....
Even A&M came close against the Longhorns last year....and UT was one of the best college teams IN ALL-TIME HISTORY...
So, it's gonna be close...but we're playin' in Dallas....
Texans will need ALOT of fan support...but a WIN is possible!

thunderkyss
10-06-2006, 08:12 AM
I think we have a chance. Classic trap game. We are in between in Eagles and Giants. Let's hope the Cowboys beat the Eagles and get VERY beat up in the process. Hopefully, they will be looking towards the Giants and overlook us.

I think we are a better team than the Giants. If they've got a chance to win, we've got a chance to win.

tsip
10-06-2006, 09:39 AM

...exactly

HomeBred_Texan
10-06-2006, 09:43 AM
I think we are a better team than the Giants. If they've got a chance to win, we've got a chance to win.

LOL, someone needs there coffee this morning, the toast is burnt...

No way we beat the Cowboys. We are not ready yet. A few drafts away from making the transition to being a high caliber NFL team... :hides:

But Go Texans...

WiiBrawler
10-06-2006, 09:44 AM
whatever, the media is gonna be on TO

HOU-TEX
10-06-2006, 09:56 AM

It's definetly going to take one of these type games to win this one. Realistically though, we're outmatched in every position except for maybe WR and QB(??). Our secondary is presently the weakest part of the team IMO. I hate to say it, but this game could very well end up like our first three games.

Stranger things have happened though. Who knows?:redtowel:

Hervoyel
10-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Of course we can beat Dallas. That's not what you want to know. What you want to know is will we beat Dallas.

Sadly I can't answer that. I think that the outcome is either we get beaten very badly or we manage a very close win. I don't think we're nearly as good as they are right now. I wish this game was taking place in week 15 and not week 6.

I just don't think we're ready for them. I could be wrong though. I need to check with the pancake rabbit and see what he says.

Hervoyel
10-06-2006, 10:08 AM
Dude, if we win this game, we could go 2-14 again and I'd still consider this a success! :) There is almost nothing that I wouldn't give to see us win next week Sun.

See I'm just the opposite. I'd trade this Dallas win plus the next two for a 10-6 record and clear signs that the Kubiak "regime" is on the right track and making progress. Hell I'd trade the outcome of this game for clear evidence that Mario was going to be the player that the Texans told us he could be.

Seriously man, these are just the Cowboys. It's not like what they're doing or anything means more to me than what the Vikings, Seahawks, or Falcons are doing. All this obsession over beating them just makes most of you guys look like that obsessed little brother who live his whole life thinking about beating his older brother at something. Let it go guys. It makes you look small.

tsip
10-06-2006, 10:09 AM
IMO, coaching will be the key to this game and-certainly-Parcells has a major 'heads-up' here. Saying that, though, Kubiak has already 'set' himself up with his rhetoric about giving the players so much time off during the bye week. According to Gary, the extra time was to be spent on the coaches-where the team is at/where the team needs to go/what's working or not working/what players are producing/what changes need to be made,etc.

Ok, the 'table' has been set. The fans are being set-up for 'new' -or at least-different 'things' on the field, all 'geared' toward giving us the best chance to beat Dallas. Right? If not, Kubiak IMO will take a 'major' hit in the credibility department. What player changes will be made? What 'fixes' will be made to the running game? What about pass protection and rushing the passer?

Without question, I want us to beat the Cowboys! However-if we lose-IMO, 'how' we lose will be the key. If we 'roll' out a team with a game plan that 'attacks' the Cowboys and plays to our players strength and results in minimum mistakes and maximum player effort but still get beat...I can 'live' with that. On the other hand-after all the 'round table' discussions-our play does the:brickwall same-o/same-o, I won't be a 'happy' camper.

JMO, but Kubiak needs to give us 'positive' signs that he sees our problems and-at the very least-tries to correct them. I don't expect him to be perfect and make the right decision every time but-after 4 years of making virtually no changes under Capers-it IMO would be a step in the right direction to at least try something else...:twocents:

Jerry Jones
10-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Why not? We did it before under longer odds.

yeah we had such a great team....
and the greatest cowboys coach of alltime
dave campo...:sarcasm:

you guys have no chance.
our defense is just too good...
i do wish you texans well for the rest of the season.....

Texans Horror
10-06-2006, 10:22 AM
The Texans should beat Dallas and have the tools to do it. Houston has a great blitzing package, when used properly, so they have the ability to stay in Bledsoe's face and keep the ball out of Glenn's/TO's hands. Demeco is a stout player, and Mario is improving.

On Offense, the Texans should be able to take out the trash with more great passing. The running team should start clicking, and the week of rest should shore up the o-line, anchored by an ex-Bronco. The Texans have better running back and TE blocking this year, which should also continue to support the team.

And yes, Dallas is going to have a hard time battling Houston and not thinking towards NY.

Basically, for me it continues to be a matter of expectations. With new coaching, new schemes, and better players, I fully expect the Texans to win. Will they rise up to their potential? That's a different question. I am seeing it in Carr, AJ, Moulds, and Demeco, but not in many other players.

TEXANRED
10-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Can we beat Dallas?

Lets just say I wouldn't buy any furniture.

Stat wise, this is how we match up.

Dallas O ranks 6th with 362 ypg/Texans D ranks 32nd giving up 435.0 ypg

Texans O ranks 29th 269.2 ypg/Dallas D ranks 5th giving up 260.3 ypg

Dallas passing O ranks 15th with 214.0 yards per game/Texans passing D 32nd giving up 295.0 ypg

Texans passing O ranks 21st with 193.2 ypg/Dallas passing D ranks 8th with 177.3 ypg

Dallas rushing O ranks 5th with 147.7 ypg/Texans rushing D ranks 24th giving up 139.8 ypg

Texans rushing O ranks 27th with 76 ypg/ Dallas rushing D ranks 9th giving up 83.0 ypg
Dallas scoring O ranks 2nd/Texans scoring D 27th

Houston scoring O ranks 24th/Dallas scoring D 8th

Any given Sunday right?

Texanfan4ever
10-06-2006, 12:26 PM
yeah we had such a great team....
and the greatest cowboys coach of alltime
dave campo...:sarcasm:

you guys have no chance.
our defense is just too good...
i do wish you texans well for the rest of the season.....

I'm not sure you have heard, but our passing game has been exceptional against 3 great defenses. So preach on and you will be sad come next Sunday afternoon about 3:00, but we'll all be there to cheer you out of your stadium. :yahoo: :texan:

Double Barrel
10-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Well its RIVALRY....anything can happen....
Even A&M came close against the Longhorns last year....and UT was one of the best college teams IN ALL-TIME HISTORY...
So, it's gonna be close...but we're playin' in Dallas....
Texans will need ALOT of fan support...but a WIN is possible!

Dallas does not look at the Texans as a rivalry (not when they've got the Redskins, Eagles, and Giants twice a year each).

Houston fans look at it as a rivalry, but these teams only play each other every five seasons. It's hard to develop a rivalry when you rarely see each other.

While anything is possible, I have to measure it with probability. And it is highly probable that Dallas will stomp us. But you never know....

WWJD
10-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Dallas does not look at the Texans as a rivalry (not when they've got the Redskins, Eagles, and Giants twice a year each).

Houston fans look at it as a rivalry, but these teams only play each other every five seasons. It's hard to develop a rivalry when you rarely see each other.

While anything is possible, I have to measure it with probability. And it is highly probable that Dallas will stomp us. But you never know....

Yep!

aj.
10-06-2006, 01:13 PM
I'd like to see the Cowboys take an emotional hard-fought victory from a real rival, Philly, on the road on Sunday. Spend themselves. Feel good about themselves in the afterglow. Overlook us a bit. If they lose at Philly, Parcells will accept nothing less than a complete and total thrashing of their next opponent.

Dallas has allowed the second fewest sacks in the league (3). Bledsoe is a statue but he's a well protected statue.

thunderkyss
10-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Can we beat Dallas?

Lets just say I wouldn't buy any furniture.

Stat wise, this is how we match up.

Dallas O ranks 6th with 362 ypg/Texans D ranks 32nd giving up 435.0 ypg

Texans O ranks 29th 269.2 ypg/Dallas D ranks 5th giving up 260.3 ypg

Dallas passing O ranks 15th with 214.0 yards per game/Texans passing D 32nd giving up 295.0 ypg

Texans passing O ranks 21st with 193.2 ypg/Dallas passing D ranks 8th with 177.3 ypg

Dallas rushing O ranks 5th with 147.7 ypg/Texans rushing D ranks 24th giving up 139.8 ypg

Texans rushing O ranks 27th with 76 ypg/ Dallas rushing D ranks 9th giving up 83.0 ypg
Dallas scoring O ranks 2nd/Texans scoring D 27th

Houston scoring O ranks 24th/Dallas scoring D 8th

Any given Sunday right?

Trust me, all that will change after the game.

ArlingtonTexan
10-06-2006, 01:23 PM

From someone living in the area:

This take is very accurate. The Cowboy fans barely acknowledge that the Texans exist. Pretty much think of the Texans as no more than Browns or some other generic bad, boring football organization. That 19-10 victory is seen as a joke because in Cowboy fan mind it is the high point of the Texans years in existence.

bad
10-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Certainly the Texans can pull off a road upset of the Crackboys. I have the recipe right here:

Ingredients
4 quarters of firmly sacked Bledsoe, finely minced*
4 quarters of effective zone blocking, roughly chopped*
3 freshly picked passes, returned to taste*
4 quarters of run stuffing, firmly packed*
1 Texans quarterback, standing tall*Mix all ingredients with a large spork and pour through the hole in the roof of that gawdawful eyesore of a stadium. Stir the pot well.

Garnish with catcalls. Serve cold.

* Ingredient may be difficult to locate locally. Recommended substitute: Pie In The Sky or Rubbertree Plant.

:play:

Double Barrel
10-06-2006, 04:57 PM

This take is very accurate. The Cowboy fans barely acknowledge that the Texans exist. Pretty much think of the Texans as no more than Browns or some other generic bad, boring football organization. That 19-10 victory is seen as a joke because in Cowboy fan mind it is the high point of the Texans years in existence.

I've been told the only reason Cowboys fans remember that 19-10 game is because we keep bringing it up. :superman:

Many folks from Dallas have said that they see the Texans as a kid brother, and have no ill-will towards our team. Matter-of-fact, I've been told that some Cowboys fans root for us because 1) we're from Texas, and 2) we're an AFC team. It's kinda' hard to hate on them when they give you that kind of love, 'eh?

This so-called 'rivalry' seems to be a one-way street, and only Texans fans are driving on that particular street.

infantrycak
10-06-2006, 05:01 PM
I've been told the only reason Cowboys fans remember that 19-10 game is because we keep bringing it up. :superman:

Many folks from Dallas have said that they see the Texans as a kid brother, and have no ill-will towards our team. Matter-of-fact, I've been told that some Cowboys fans root for us because 1) we're from Texas, and 2) we're an AFC team. It's kinda' hard to hate on them when they give you that kind of love, 'eh?

This so-called 'rivalry' seems to be a one-way street, and only Texans fans are driving on that particular street.

All correct IMO. Grew up in Dallas and the attitude to the Oilers was predominately ignore them or root for them as another Texas team. I always liked the idea of an all Texas Super Bowl. I'd say it is more of a game with obvious curb appeal for hyping than a rivalry from the Dallas standpoint.

StarStruck
10-06-2006, 05:08 PM

You're up there, so I give you full credit for your assessment. I must add though, as being one of THEM, and having been in Texas Stadium I have witnessed the following:
-The Texans beating the Steelers was received with a loud cheer (this was the same year as the 19-10 loss)
-The confused look on the faces of Boys fans when the Texans came to town for their first pre-season game, and Texan fans shamelessly booed Jerry Jones in his own stadium. OMG, the fans behavior must have embarrassed Bob McNair tremendously. Since then I believe both decided to forego the introductions and hand out in the suites.
-In reading various message boards, the response to the Texans has been favorable unless a troll shows up.
-The Cowboys fans did have a hard time understanding why the Texans threw so many games only to draft Mario Williams.

Given what A-T said among others, we have a very hard time giving the Texans rivalry status. It is pointless. Bragging rights should the Texans win, ok, but to brew and stew for the next four years over who will win in year 2011, nope, that energy has to be reserved for those other three in our division who have the greatest impact on any playoff hopes.

I can truthfully say that I don't know any Cowboy fans with any grudge wishes against the Texans. Of course there are some out there, but not in the numbers that some might believe.

ArlingtonTexan
10-06-2006, 05:36 PM
I can truthfully say that I don't know any Cowboy fans with any grudge wishes against the Texans. Of course there are some out there, but not in the numbers that some might believe.

I think this a good summation of the situation as a variety of us have described.

SheTexan
10-06-2006, 05:43 PM
good thing is that we got 2 weeks to watch film and prepare, and the texans will be watchin the eagles vs cowboys very closely on sunday

Incorrect! Our boys were given a mini vacation as a reward for beating Miami! Kinda hard to watch film and prepare when they are scattered around all over the country.

The outcome of this game will boil down to the decisions made on the sideline. The smartest coach with the most GUTS will experience the win!! JMO!! BUT, it wouldn't hurt if our fine feathered friends from Philly took a lot of zip out of the "girls!" Maybe their fans will be so loud they will leave TO with a ringing in his ears that will last the rest of the season!!:wild:

wicked_wayz
10-06-2006, 07:23 PM

hell no are we better than the giants

srstex
10-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Of course.
If a rivalry gets our players up to play then let's use it, if just winning is enough let's use that, we can be 2 & 3 next Sunday, and that is the target. The Texans have the coaching staff that SHOULD be able to adjust, and after four games they can look at effort & result and see what actually worked in the first four games, and use it to put the right players in the right places at the right time.

Now for Homers perdiction:homer:" Last weeks win was the beginning our first 7 game win streak."

Thank you Homer

GuerillaBlack
10-06-2006, 08:45 PM

I do that for the Cowboys, too. They are in the NFC, and if the Texans lose, I want at leaston one Texas team to win. Seems fair to me.

HJam72
10-06-2006, 08:51 PM

I really think that's true. The Cowboys fans I know all treat the Texans as their second favorite NFL team and wish us the best when they're not playin' us. BUT, the sad part is they laugh at us too, but who can blame them after last year? I hear things like, "Don't worry. It'll get better," and there's that little hint of, "Ha! Ha!" there, but I doubt they can help it.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
10-06-2006, 09:05 PM
While many will consider this game a "trap" for the Cowboys, you can sure as heck bet to you the man up front-- Jerry Jones, will not let that happen. It was Jerry who suffered the most on the fateful 2002 evening, Jerry who was screamed at as he walked off the field (by Walker I believe?).

He will not let the Cowboys lose focus on the task at hand, despite whatever the result of the Eagle's game may be.

But if you want to look at it from a football standpoint.. I druel at the thought of Terrell Owens, Terry Glenn, Jason Witten, against the likes of Sanders and Dunta Robinson. It intoxicates me thinking of the Cowboy's Doomsday III beating up on whoever may the Texan RB may be this Sunday. Our offensive line has over-achieved by enormous amounts, and are just hitting their strides. The cylinders are hitting all over the place in Big D.

This isn't the same Cowboys, coming off of ESPN camera traning camp, filming their every move as Dave Campo tried to attempt Nucke Rockney speeches to the un-inspired, pathetic scrubs of Cowboys. This is Bill Parcells we're talking.

Texanfan4ever
10-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Of course.
If a rivalry gets our players up to play then let's use it, if just winning is enough let's use that, we can be 2 & 3 next Sunday, and that is the target. The Texans have the coaching staff that SHOULD be able to adjust, and after four games they can look at effort & result and see what actually worked in the first four games, and use it to put the right players in the right places at the right time.

Now for Homers perdiction:homer:" Last weeks win was the beginning our first 7 game win streak."

Thank you Homer

Hahahaha! I LOVE IT!

Texanfan4ever
10-06-2006, 10:00 PM
I do that for the Cowboys, too. They are in the NFC, and if the Texans lose, I want at leaston one Texas team to win. Seems fair to me.

WHAT????? Are you serious???:brickwall

Texanfan4ever
10-06-2006, 10:04 PM
While many will consider this game a "trap" for the Cowboys, you can sure as heck bet to you the man up front-- Jerry Jones, will not let that happen. It was Jerry who suffered the most on the fateful 2002 evening, Jerry who was screamed at as he walked off the field (by Walker I believe?).

He will not let the Cowboys lose focus on the task at hand, despite whatever the result of the Eagle's game may be.

But if you want to look at it from a football standpoint.. I druel at the thought of Terrell Owens, Terry Glenn, Jason Witten, against the likes of Sanders and Dunta Robinson. It intoxicates me thinking of the Cowboy's Doomsday III beating up on whoever may the Texan RB may be this Sunday. Our offensive line has over-achieved by enormous amounts, and are just hitting their strides. The cylinders are hitting all over the place in Big D.

This isn't the same Cowboys, coming off of ESPN camera traning camp, filming their every move as Dave Campo tried to attempt Nucke Rockney speeches to the un-inspired, pathetic scrubs of Cowboys. This is Bill Parcells we're talking.

None of that really matters. Our guys want it worse than your guys....That's the Homer talking. I say that while believing that we are seriously outmatched at this stage, but I've seen us be out matched before, and pull it off. So, I BELIEVE!!!!

nunusguy
10-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Who needs to beat the Cowboys ? All you Cowboy haters who lay around for 4 years waiting to play them, my suggestion to you is "get a life".
The team I want to knock off is the Colts. Who knows, come the end of the
year when they get to town, we might have a chance. What a way to finish
up the year and look to the '07 season !

thunderkyss
10-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Many folks from Dallas have said that they see the Texans as a kid brother, and have no ill-will towards our team.

& what self-respecting lil brother don't want to kick Bubba's ass???

The thing about the Cowboys though, is that everybody hates them. 'skins, Packers, Eagles, 'niners, bears, Titans, every body. I visit forums of other teams, I like players...... & I see hate for the Cowboys from Bucs, Colts, Saints, Falcons, Bills(wonder why), everybody.

I think because we are so close, it just gets talked about a little more here.

I do think it's kinda embarrassing, that we've been talking about the game since the end of last season, and they haven't given it much of a thought.

Texans_Chick
10-07-2006, 12:09 AM
Just something to ponder and less of a prediction.

The Texans, as a team getting used to a new system and playing together have faced, according to Football Outsiders, the 4th hardest schedule in the league.

The Cowboys have faced the 25th hardest schedule in the league, and got fat stats destroying a Titans team that is in absolute chaos.

League ranks at this time of year can be misleading--do the Texans opponents look so strong because they destroyed the Texans so badly? Are the Cowboys top rankings due to facing some crapatola opponents?

We will know more about this Cowboy team after the Eagles game. Even then, they are not facing the same Eagle team the Texans faced--the Eagles are way more dinged up now.

The questions are:

whether the Texans have learned up their new systems, players and working together enough to compete.

whether they can game plan better coming out of the bye. Coaches are spending the bye figuring out stuff to improve--maybe they figure some key stuff out.

whether the Cowboys get spent with the Eagles or over confident against the Texans

what Texans defense shows up. It wasn't that long ago that panicky Cowboy fans were wanting Romo to replace the statue Bledsoe. If the defense can be just reasonable, and not awful, the Texans offense has a chance to break stuff open with any given play.

can the Texans establish the run at all and get their line healthy and up to speed. They need to be good enough so that Carr doesn't have to cough it up.

Beast_from_East
10-07-2006, 06:59 PM

You guys could watch a freakin library worth of film and it still wont help. My crystal ball is fortelling "Something Wicked Comes This Way"

:fortune:

Wolf
10-07-2006, 07:07 PM
You guys could watch a freakin library worth of film and it still wont help. My crystal ball is fortelling "Something Wicked Comes This Way"

so If I watch "cops" that would be telling me about the cowboys?
:heh:

HowBoutThemCowboys!
10-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Just something to ponder and less of a prediction.

The Texans, as a team getting used to a new system and playing together have faced, according to Football Outsiders, the 4th hardest schedule in the league.

The Cowboys have faced the 25th hardest schedule in the league, and got fat stats destroying a Titans team that is in absolute chaos.

League ranks at this time of year can be misleading--do the Texans opponents look so strong because they destroyed the Texans so badly? Are the Cowboys top rankings due to facing some crapatola opponents?

We will know more about this Cowboy team after the Eagles game. Even then, they are not facing the same Eagle team the Texans faced--the Eagles are way more dinged up now.

The questions are:

whether the Texans have learned up their new systems, players and working together enough to compete.

whether they can game plan better coming out of the bye. Coaches are spending the bye figuring out stuff to improve--maybe they figure some key stuff out.

whether the Cowboys get spent with the Eagles or over confident against the Texans

what Texans defense shows up. It wasn't that long ago that panicky Cowboy fans were wanting Romo to replace the statue Bledsoe. If the defense can be just reasonable, and not awful, the Texans offense has a chance to break stuff open with any given play.

can the Texans establish the run at all and get their line healthy and up to speed. They need to be good enough so that Carr doesn't have to cough it up.

I wouldn't be so quick to rule out last year's NFC East champions blow-offs after three weeks of play quite yet, especially considering they're coming off a victory against Jacksonville. Also, don't you see it as somewhat of an insult to your team, seeing the kind of game Brunell and the rest of that "crapola" team had against the Texans?

If I remember correctly, Dallas's defensive rank was 6th before the Tennesse Titan game, as can be seen in an early thread in anticipation for that game. The Titan game did nothing but inflate those already impressive stats a bit.

thunderkyss
10-07-2006, 08:02 PM

I remember a lot of crystal ball rubbing, when you guys thought you'd go to the playoffs for the second time, under Parcells in '05. 6-10 didn't get it done, so you might want to lay of the crystal meth....... I mean crystal ball.

TEXANS84
10-07-2006, 09:18 PM

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/images/texans90802c.gif

jerek
10-07-2006, 10:55 PM
http://www.houstonprofootball.com/images/texans90802c.gif

That's funny. I never liked Gary Walker ... until I just saw this picture. That is absolutely priceless.

I think I'll send him a postcard tomorrow and offer to buy him lunch.

Texans_Chick
10-07-2006, 11:43 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to rule out last year's NFC East champions blow-offs after three weeks of play quite yet, especially considering they're coming off a victory against Jacksonville. Also, don't you see it as somewhat of an insult to your team, seeing the kind of game Brunell and the rest of that "crapola" team had against the Texans?

If I remember correctly, Dallas's defensive rank was 6th before the Tennesse Titan game, as can be seen in an early thread in anticipation for that game. The Titan game did nothing but inflate those already impressive stats a bit.

The Redskins facing the Cowboys weren't the same team. Getting used to the new offense, not having Portis.

Each week is a new week. Teams evolve. They learn. They get hurt. They game plan. You just never know.

thunderkyss
10-08-2006, 12:49 AM
The Redskins facing the Cowboys weren't the same team. Getting used to the new offense, not having Portis.

Each week is a new week. Teams evolve. They learn. They get hurt. They game plan. You just never know.

Let him go TC.... don't fight him.

A little overconfidence will work well in our favor. I doubt the coach will be overconfident a week from Tomorrow, but hopefully more than a few of their players will be.

:cowboy1: & that won't hurt my feelings one bit.:shoot:

:spy:

Stampede
10-08-2006, 08:53 AM
Let him go TC.... don't fight him.

A little overconfidence will work well in our favor. I doubt the coach will be overconfident a week from Tomorrow, but hopefully more than a few of their players will be.

:cowboy1: & that won't hurt my feelings one bit.:shoot:

:spy:

One thing is for certain..TC loves them cowboys. :hides:

Ryan
10-08-2006, 01:46 PM
I am hoping the Cowboys get beat by the Eagles and get VERY beat up in the process.

i hope the cowboys win but get beatne up in the process

RTP2110
10-08-2006, 08:54 PM
But if you want to look at it from a football standpoint.. I druel at the thought of Terrell Owens, Terry Glenn, Jason Witten, against the likes of Sanders and Dunta Robinson.Bill Parcells we're talking.

Yea, that's my main concern in this game. I don't think the Texans have enough talent in the secondary to keep up with Dallas' recieving threats.

After watching the Dallas/Philly game today, I am even more concerned. I don't like playing a team at thier home when they're coming off of a tough road loss. Look at Jacksonville. They lost a tough road game at Washington last week, and they came back home this week and destroyed the Jets.

My realistic thought is that Dallas should win the game. I'm a Texans' fan, and I'll be at the game. I'm taking the ''any given Sunday'' theory into this week's game. That along with the extra week the Texans have to prepare, gives me hope we can beat Dallas.

BlueThunder
10-08-2006, 10:30 PM
I don't know if winning this game will help or hurt the Texans more.I know if we don't win it, the Cowboys fans will beat us with it for 4 years but even if we win they still look at us as the Toxans.I really think we need a beating to remind us who we are.We are not there yet and have a long way to go before we get tired of losing top to bottom.I really see no way this team can beat Dallas and we wiull be punished a long time for it..I hate to lose..:brickwall

kenneth24
10-08-2006, 10:41 PM
I don't know if winning this game will help or hurt the Texans more.I know if we don't win it, the Cowboys fans will beat us with it for 4 years but even if we win they still look at us as the Toxans.I really think we need a beating to remind us who we are.We are not there yet and have a long way to go before we get tired of losing top to bottom.I really see no way this team can beat Dallas and we wiull be punished a long time for it..I hate to lose..:brickwall

we haven't been beat enough yet?:yikes: :ouch:

BlueThunder
10-08-2006, 10:48 PM
If we lose the beatings will continue,,,but we have an Owner and coach that have us headed in the right direction.We have started trimming fat off the cap and should be in really good shape next year.Were tired of losing and there ain't a job on this team safe!:brickwall

Accountability is whats coming,,,,,,:cowboy1:

kfranco_utexas
10-08-2006, 10:50 PM
Being here at UT, boy there are a LOT of cowboy fans. Please Texans, BEAT THE COWGIRLS!!:fireball: :bowser:

TexansLucky13
10-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Being here at UT, boy there are a LOT of cowboy fans. Please Texans, BEAT THE COWGIRLS!!:fireball: :bowser:

There are a **** load of Cowboy fans here at A&M as well. I am tired of it.

Bledsoe will not survive next weekend.

TEXANRED
10-08-2006, 10:59 PM
I am just hoping we don't get shut out.

BlueThunder
10-08-2006, 11:03 PM
I could see Dallas coming in here destroying us with a major blowout and imbarrassment to all of us.They will have there glory at our exspense and show no remorse..They will love beating the team as much as beating down our fans..:crutch:

StarStruck
10-08-2006, 11:22 PM
I could see Dallas coming in here destroying us with a major blowout and imbarrassment to all of us.They will have there glory at our exspense and show no remorse..They will love beating the team as much as beating down our fans..:crutch:

Not necessarily. Sure it will be great to win next Sunday, but trust me that will be old news by Tuesday and a distant memory by the following weekend. More wins equal a better chance for the playoffs, not bragging rights for the next year or four.

BlueThunder
10-08-2006, 11:32 PM
THAT'S OUR RESPECT,THEY DON'T EVEN CONCIDER US A RACK ON THERE MANTEL.You may forget it but I never will.I hate losing and 4 years is a long time for me to be tearing this team up :brickwall

They haven't even beaten the Texans in a regular
season game and they give us no respect!

:logo: :trophy:

Dawkins
10-08-2006, 11:37 PM
Hope your coaches were watching the game today.

Blitz up the middle, rattle Bledsoe a few times and he becomes a worthless turnover and sack machine.

edo783
10-08-2006, 11:42 PM

Blitz up the middle, rattle Bledsoe a few times and he becomes a worthless turnover and sack machine.

Yup, that's Deadslow. Rattle him and he implodes.

BlueThunder
10-08-2006, 11:45 PM
I really don't think theres a team out there that can't be beat if 52 hearts are in it..I know the spirit of Texas and I know a Superbowl is coming to this city and its great fans..

:logo: :trophy:

thunderkyss
10-09-2006, 01:20 AM
Do you think they'd look at us as an opportunity to start Romo??

Aztequila
10-09-2006, 05:56 AM

Prophetic

CoachJim
10-09-2006, 08:22 AM

The games played on grass not paper ...
Reps to ya Infantrycak

TheOgre
10-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Week 1 - Philadelphia - a team we had never beaten -> loss
Week 2 - Indianapolis - a team we had never beaten -> loss
Week 3 - Washington - a team we had never beaten -> loss
Week 4 - Miami - a team that had never beaten us -> win
Week 5 - BYE
Week 6 - Dallas - a team that had never beaten us -> win?

TheOgre
10-09-2006, 10:23 AM

Reminds me of Jim Kelly. The Cowboys and Redskins illustrated that Kelly struggled whenever he was pass rushed, but for some reason the Dolphins never employeed this tactic and continued to lose to the Bills.

Texans Horror
10-09-2006, 10:35 AM

If the Texans can keep blitzing, they might have a chance. I understand that was one of the key changes in the Miami game was the decision to blitz more. I hope that during the bye-week, one of the things the coaches looked at was blitzing more with the defense. The Texans have some good blitzers.

HOU-TEX
10-09-2006, 10:40 AM
IMO, the only way we would win would be by pure emotion. They just lost a heartbreaker in Philly and I would expect to see thier best this coming weekend. Will our emotion overcome thiers? Who knows? We'll see!:)

TK_Gamer
10-09-2006, 01:30 PM
dallas lost to philly on some really poor offensive play, way too many turnovers. so I think we need to pressure bledsoe from the start, he doesnt scramble all that well and is prone to interceptions. I'd like to see buchannon back in at the nickle and maybe sanders at the FS spot. I guess that would put mcleon at the no. 2 spot (ouch) but I dont think phillip is strong enough to take that spot just yet, let him play the nickle. cc brown is killing us at FS though, terrible coverage. maybe put buchannon at FS?

Buffi2
10-09-2006, 01:35 PM
IF TO continues his little tantrums he began on the field yesterday and IF this disrupts the team (it will sooner or later, I just hope it is sooner), and possibly IF Parcells succumbs to the pressure and starts Romo-then I'd say we had a pretty good shot. Otherwise, I agree with Hou-Tex - whomever has the more positive emotions out there will win.

With any luck and some help from the football gods, Dallas will be exhausted from yesterday's game, think of us as some sort of pesky, incompetent team, thereby allowing us to go up 14 points quickly before they know what hit them:spy: ....and then hold the lead, naturally.

I'll be there yelling for our guys - but I don't think this is a walk in the park by any stretch of the imagination.:gotexans1

thunderkyss
10-09-2006, 02:00 PM
If the Texans can keep blitzing, they might have a chance. I understand that was one of the key changes in the Miami game was the decision to blitz more. I hope that during the bye-week, one of the things the coaches looked at was blitzing more with the defense. The Texans have some good blitzers.

A big difference, is that Philly's LBs take away the short quick routes. Ours don't.

thunderkyss
10-09-2006, 02:01 PM
dallas lost to philly on some really poor offensive play, way too many turnovers. so I think we need to pressure bledsoe from the start, he doesnt scramble all that well and is prone to interceptions.

& they still scored 24 points...... more than enough to beat us on most Sundays.

spurstexanstros
10-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Remember 19- 10, who gave the texans a chance then?

nunusguy
10-09-2006, 02:33 PM
If your feeling good about the Texans, you can get 13 in Vegas.
Course, you can get maybe even more than that in N.Texas ?
Oct. 15 Houston
10 a.m. at Dallas
Favorite DAL DAL
Point spread -13
Total
Total money line -110
http://www.vegas.com/gaming/index.html

Texans Horror
10-09-2006, 03:18 PM
A big difference, is that Philly's LBs take away the short quick routes. Ours don't.

A big difference is that Houston isn't Philadelphia...

In no relation to TK's post, I want to say again: the Texans have the players, and they have the coaching. I'd take Carr-AJ-Kubiak over Bledsoe-TO-Parcells any day. All the Texans lack is a chip on the shoulders.

thunderkyss
10-09-2006, 04:18 PM

In no relation to TK's post, I want to say again: the Texans have the players, and they have the coaching. I'd take Carr-AJ-Kubiak over Bledsoe-TO-Parcells any day. All the Texans lack is a chip on the shoulders.

yeah, I can see Carr-AJ-Kubiak being a wash at worst to Bledsoe-TO-Parcells.... I bet it's kinda like looking in the Mirror, with each guy seeing a younger/older version of themself.

RTP2110
10-09-2006, 06:37 PM
The games played on grass not paper ...

No doubt. If the Titans can come within 1 point of beating the Colts in Indy, why shouldn't the Texans have a fair shot to beat Dallas? Anything can happen in the NFL.

Dawkins
10-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Also, a less-talked about aspect of TO's game is that he doesn't respond to players getting physical with him at the line. If your guys can consistently bump him off at the line he starts to hear footsteps and gets alligator arms. That was also on display Sunday.

I honestly think Dallas' major weakness has been exposed. We didn't do much differently than what Jacksonville did to them. Rattle Bledsoe, he's worthless. He short-arms passes even when his receivers are wide open. He can't handle pressure, ask any Patriots or Bills fan.

I believe you guys have a shot at the big upset. Dallas has a solid D, but they are also vulnerable to the big plays downfield. Roy Williams is atrocious in coverage, he practically gave Reggie Brown a TD he had no business getting.

I kinda pull for the Texans, guess I always like the underdog. :P At least the one of the NFL teams in Texas runs a respectable and classy organization.

kcwilson
10-09-2006, 07:20 PM
I like performance of Carr and the offense in the passing game this year so far, but I think that there is the potential to expose this aspect of the team.

(1) The running game is pitiful, will have a tough time moving the ball efficiently on the ground.
(2) Unless we can be creative in the passing game and utilize more TE in the passing game underneath, I don't belive that we will be able to efficiently move the ball through the air. We have the potential to be one dimensional in offense in this game.
(3) Blitzing will test the OL again, and it will be hit and miss, literally. Thus TE needs to be more involved in short routes. If Carr has time, he could find openings in the defense.
(4) Bye week layoff... my money is that we lack the intensity in the early going.
(5) Defense, we can't hang with their WR, blitzing better be effective or we are hanging out the secondary to dry.
(6) I think we will be reluctant to run from a 3 WR set, which could create a little more space for the running game.

Just my thoughts, but I wish we would try and spread the field a little in order to open up some running space. Without the run, my fear is the offense is one dimensional and Carr has a so-so game... 2 tds, 2ints. 230 yards passing.

thunderkyss
10-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Also, a less-talked about aspect of TO's game is that he doesn't respond to players getting physical with him at the line. If your guys can consistently bump him off at the line he starts to hear footsteps and gets alligator arms. That was also on display Sunday.

Not exactly the way I see it.

T.O. feeds on success. Dallas not going to him early(I'm blaming Bledsoe's refusal to challenge the safety/corner tandem(with justifiable cause))....... one or two bad balls, bad catches, in an entire half gets him boiling.

All he's got to go on for a complete half, 4 passes thrown his was...... & the success of those passess, is all he's got to stew over for over an hour & a half.....

You can bump him all day, if he gets a good catches early...... fugitaboudit...

Dawkins
10-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Not exactly the way I see it.

T.O. feeds on success. Dallas not going to him early(I'm blaming Bledsoe's refusal to challenge the safety/corner tandem(with justifiable cause))....... one or two bad balls, bad catches, in an entire half gets him boiling.

All he's got to go on for a complete half, 4 passes thrown his was...... & the success of those passess, is all he's got to stew over for over an hour & a half.....

You can bump him all day, if he gets a good catches early...... fugitaboudit...

I harped on this when he was playing for the Eagles as well. He doesn't respond well to people getting physical with him. He prefers to intimidate whoever is covering him, when you don't let him have that security is when he makes mental errors and does exactly what I said he does earlier in this thread...

It showed when he alligator armed a very catchable pass because Michael Lewis was about to tattoo him.

tsip
10-09-2006, 07:33 PM

We have the players? Coaching? If this is true why are we 'unsettled' at

-OL
-RB/FB
-DL
-LB
-Secondary

We're solid at WR/have potential at TE/better play at QB-that's it. We are still giving up too many sacks and not pressuring their QB (except a slowed Culpepper). We are ranked at or near the bottom in both offense and defense...

First, you can bet Jerry Jones has not forgotten '02 and Parcells has not forgotten the Eagles game. IMO, we're going to need a lot more than a 'chip' on our shoulder to win this game. Second, we don't score very many points and never have and-like another poster mentioned-the Cowboys scored 8 more pts in defeat than we average...Third, it's going to be 'real' interesting to see what kind of game plan our coaches come up with for this game after all that 'extra' time...:hmmm:

thunderkyss
10-09-2006, 08:01 PM
We have the players? Coaching? If this is true why are we 'unsettled' at

-OL
-RB/FB
-DL
-LB
-Secondary

We're solid at WR/have potential at TE/better play at QB-that's it. We are still giving up too many sacks and not pressuring their QB (except a slowed Culpepper). We are ranked at or near the bottom in both offense and defense...

there are only soo many teams that have pro-bowlers at every position. Philly has them on Defense, but guys you couldn't pick out of a lineup on offense at skilled positions.

I know some of you "real fans" know who the Colts starting safety is, I don't.

Who are the LBs in Washington?? after Lavar left, I couldn't care less.

We've got a crap load of players on our team, we are more talented than many.... on paper.

Now we just have to let them go our there and play.

Don't expect miracles in September, but come December(that sounds like a song), we're going to see how bad off we are.

The Cowboys have shown Weaknesses, we've uncovered a few of our strengths, and we're still working things out.

The Cowboys are in trouble,

believe that.

Marcus
10-09-2006, 09:04 PM
there are only soo many teams that have pro-bowlers at every position. Philly has them on Defense, but guys you couldn't pick out of a lineup on offense at skilled positions.

I know some of you "real fans" know who the Colts starting safety is, I don't.

Who are the LBs in Washington?? after Lavar left, I couldn't care less.

We've got a crap load of players on our team, we are more talented than many.... on paper.

Now we just have to let them go our there and play.

Don't expect miracles in September, but come December(that sounds like a song), we're going to see how bad off we are.

The Cowboys have shown Weaknesses, we've uncovered a few of our strengths, and we're still working things out.

The Cowboys are in trouble,

believe that.

Yeah kyss.:rolleyes: Just like you want us to believe we're going 13-3. :pigfly:

rockabilly
10-09-2006, 09:41 PM
http://www.orlandorios.com/mass.gif

Go Mario!

TexansTrueFan
10-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Can we beat them, well on paper NO, but i've seen us do it before, of course that was before To and Bledsoe and Parcells. BUT beign the TRUE BLOODED texans fan that i am i say YES WE WILL WIN 27-24.

powerfuldragon
10-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Possible. Not Probable.

Charter PSL Fan
10-09-2006, 10:07 PM
The Cowgirls are 2-2. They won games vs. Tennessee and Washington (without Portis). They are as overhyped as Reggie Bush is. Yes we can beat the Cowgirls, if we play good football, they will fall. Texans 19 Cowgirls 10.

Carr Bombed
10-09-2006, 10:07 PM
http://www.orlandorios.com/mass.gif

Go Mario!

I'm sorry I'm stealing your avatar for this week, but you will get some props....awesome!!!

Goldeagle
10-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Why not? We did it before under longer odds.

VERY TRUE

Im thinking we are going to be 1-1 against them, but that first win should be embarassing for their franchise!

rockabilly
10-10-2006, 02:17 AM
I'm sorry I'm stealing your avatar for this week, but you will get some props....awesome!!!

No problem. I anyone that dislikes the Cowboys is a friend of mine.

4th&inches
10-10-2006, 02:25 AM
This will be a good game to watch. Wish I could be there but as its been said on paper the Cowboys (Cowgirls) look like the for sure win. With that said you never know week to week in the NFL.

MightyTExan
10-10-2006, 10:13 AM
We might see Marcus Coleman in action:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/10/09/cowboys.bledsoe.ap/index.html
Parcells wasn't at all defensive about rookie safety Pat Watkins, who was burned on a 60-yard pass to L.J. Smith, failed to tackle Hank Baskett on an 87-yard touchdown pass, and was caught out of position on a 40-yard flea-flicker touchdown for Reggie Brown.

Parcells said he expects rookies to make mistakes, but with Watkins "it was more than I expected."

Parcells didn't say whether Watkins will start Sunday against Houston. The position could get interesting as veteran Marcus Coleman is eligible to return this week from a suspension.

powerfuldragon
10-10-2006, 10:49 AM
We might see Marcus Coleman in action:

Well, at least we can be sure we'll have one open reciever. Gimme five.

Charter PSL Fan
10-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Does anyone know why Marcus Coleman was suspended? I either forgot or dont remember.

V Man
10-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Well, at least we can be sure we'll have one open reciever. Gimme five.

Or if we luckly get a RB into the secondary on a running play, it could go all the way to the house. Especailly if Marcus gives us some of the Ole tackling he showed against KC last year.

TheOgre
10-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Do we have a chance? (15-20%?) Sure.

Are we going to win? Not likely.

afcman
10-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Can we beat Dallas?

Yes. And wouldn't that flip everbody out. I can hear the radio guys now.... :redtowel:

OrangeCountyTexansFan
10-10-2006, 12:47 PM

With Dallas' recent quarterback woes, it could shape up to be a pretty even game if the D can step up just a bit.:texan:

Dcowboys#1
10-10-2006, 04:11 PM
No, Dallas will win this ball game....

cuppacoffee
10-10-2006, 04:29 PM
No, Dallas will win this ball game....

And what did you say.. :blah:..about your game with the eggles before it was played.

Let me guess..... you said the eggles would win. :rolleyes:

cowplops = :thud:

Thanks for stopping by.

:coffee:

Double Barrel
10-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Do we have a chance? (15-20%?) Sure.

Are we going to win? Not likely.

This is where I'm at. I hope to no end that we beat the Cowboys (how sweet that would be!), but if we lose, life goes on and we'll continue our 'road to wherever...errr...rebuilding'.

E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles
10-10-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm calling for a shootout again. Dallas' defense is overrated, especially against the pass. They haven't really gotten pressure on the QB and play mediocre pass defense. Letting David Carr have time (best pass rating in the NFL and very careful QB with the football) he will be able to rip the Cowgirls D apart. Andre Johnson has much more speed than any of the Cowboys CBs. I look for a lot of deep balls to Johnson and a big game for him. Carr will throw for 250 yds and 2 TDs en route to a 27-24 victory.

Dcowboys#1
10-10-2006, 05:58 PM
And what did you say.. :blah:..about your game with the eggles before it was played.

Let me guess..... you said the eggles would win. :rolleyes:

cowplops = :thud:

Thanks for stopping by.

:coffee:

Score Prediction

DAL-42
HOU-17

1) We are coming off a devestating loss, and you can tell that these Boys are out for blood...

2) Dallas Rush Defense vs. Houston Rush Offense
Dallas's defense has two defensive touchdowns this season, not to mention it is 9th in the league overall. Dallas allows 291 ypg overall. We have the 5th best rush defense in the league(allowing a mere 75.2 ypg, and 0 RUNS OF 20 or more!!!) versus a Houston rush offense that is basically non-existant. Houston is 29th in the league in rush yards per game, averaging only 76 yards per game!!! Houstons #1 RB in Ron Dayne is averaging 3.3 ypc and has 153 yards on 47 att, and 0 TD's. Wali Lundy averages only 3.4 ypc with 17 att for 57 yards, and 0 TD.
Dallas should easily take care of Houstons running attack, thus turning this game 1 dimensional for Houstons offense, by using only the passing attack.
EDGE= DALLAS BY FAR

3) Dallas Rush Offense vs. Houstons Rush Defense
Dallas is 4th in the league in rushing offense averaging a whooping 147.2 ypg and they have a total of 7 TD's on the season. Julius Jones has produced 70+ypg this season(currently 86 att 388 yards 2 TD) averaging 4.5 ypc, and has two 100+ yd games in the 4 games we have played(100 vs. PHI, 122 vs. TEN) Julius Jones is the league leading rusher in YARDS PER GAME, at 97 YPG!!!! Not to mention our 2nd back in Marion Barber who has produced nicely this season(27 att 129 yards 3 TD). He is averaging 4.8 ypc.
The Houston Rush defense ranks 25th in the league, allowing an average of 139.8 ypg. This aint gonnna do well against a team commited to rushing the football in the Dallas Cowboys.
EDGE= DALLAS BY FAR

4) Dallas Pass Offense vs. Houston Pass Defense
Dallas has prolific receivers that can make plays. The key overall is giving Bledsoe time. Excluding the Philadelphia game in which Jim Johnson blitzed his defense over 20 times, the Dallas Offensive line has been able to hold up long enough to allow Bledsoe to make key passes. Now on to the pass offense. Terry Glenn is one of the most explosive receivers in the national football league, and he has big play ability written all over him. Same goes for Terrell Owens who is still one of the best WR in the game. Glenn has 20 rec. for 290 yards and 3 TD, averaging 14.5 ypc, Owens has 17 rec. for 232 yards and 1 TD, averaging 13.6 ypc, and our stud TE Witten has 13 rec. for 148 yards, with an averge of 11.4 ypc. These are Bledsoe's go-to-guys, and he tries to get the ball in their hands alot, and when he does, they make plays...
Houstons Pass Defense is ranked last in the league allowing an astonishing 295 yards per game!!! This is very poor pass defense, which might have alot of trouble stopping the Dallas receivers.
EDGE= DALLAS BY FAR

5) Dallas Pass Defense vs. Houston Pass Offense
Dallas's pass defense is ranked 20th in the league in the middle of the pack, allowing 215.8 ypc and has 4 INT's, and 2 DTD. Terence Newman has gone 23 straight games without allowing a touchdown!!! That is what i call a lockdown corner. Qb's rarely look his way, and when they do try to throw it, it is either a bad pass, or it is swatted down. Newman is quietly becoming one of the best lockdown CB's in the league. On the other side we have Anthony Henry who gets more balls thrown his way than any other CB. He makes plays, but he allows some as well. Glenn is our third CB, and he knows the game well. He is still very good even at 33.
Houstons pass offense ranks 21st in the league averaging 193.2 ypc. But Carr is playing extremely well.
EDGE= TOSS UP(CARR IS PLAYING WELL, AND DAL HAS A TALENTED SECONDARY)

6) Dallas DL vs. Houston OL
Dallas's DL is playing extremely well and is a main reason that we are so good in rush defense. They are getting up front pressure and making plays in the backfield. Houstons OL has allowed 15 sacks already this season, and the Dallas defense has 12 sacks this season. I cant wait to see this matchup. Also keep an eye out for ROLB Demarcus Ware. He is getting consistent pressure on the QB, and is always in the backfield stopping RB's in their tracks.
EDGE= DAL

Overall, i think that Dallas wins this ball game and wins it big.

Buffi2
10-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Does anyone know why Marcus Coleman was suspended? I either forgot or dont remember.

substance abuse.

BEERnBBQ
10-10-2006, 06:33 PM
if the defense can put pressure on bledsoe the Texans have a shot at this one. if not i think it will be a lopsided win for dallas. i was hoping that t.o. would have had a blowup earlier in the year causing a rift in the team that would basically end any cohesion the cowboys had for the year. he's getting there. shutting him down, causing him to complain more and more during the game can only help the chances of the Texans. i got a lot of beer riding on this game i hope to drink it not buy it