PDA

View Full Version : if the titans release haynesworth....

IshouldbeGM
10-05-2006, 08:46 PM
should the texans claim him? i say yes, he deserves a 2nd chance, and we can use a young stud dt next to mario.

DominickDavisFan76
10-05-2006, 08:49 PM
WoW, someone is hoping for a miracle, but they arent gonna relase him just because of his head stomping, he will learn his lesson and he will return in 5 games and everything will be fine, except that he might get sued....HAHA

TexanFanInCC
10-05-2006, 08:54 PM
not worth it. were better off taking our chances with what we have currently. this franchise has a good history of keeping guys like him out of our locker room. no offense to him, but he is not the right fit.

Doug
10-05-2006, 09:58 PM
I would not be surprised if he isn't with the Titans next year. Our people would never allow a player to come to this team after he purposely tried to injure a defenseless player in such a way that his professional and private life could've been shattered. Everyone can say what they would like about my opinion but this will be my only post in this thread. The thought of the whole ordeal literally sickens me.

HomeBred_Texan
10-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Why would this question even be brought up???

We don't want someone who has issues like this. He is trying to apologize to save his butt right now. This guy needs help in a big way. We just don't need nor want that type of character on OUR team...

a few inches one way or the other and he could have stone cold killed that guy. Bad enough to kick a defenseless man once, but twice???

No more posts to this thread from me either. I made my point...

Grid
10-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Haynesworth, for all his sincerity when he apologizes on camera, has been doing "stuff" like this since he was drafted. This is just the first time anything major happened in a game.

The guy is a loose cannon. No thanks.

Runner
10-05-2006, 10:11 PM
No thanks. Character counts with me.

infantrycak
10-05-2006, 10:24 PM
In a long line of the grass must be greener threads--this is the winner.

South Texan
10-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Maybe we could pick up Charles Manson on a work release program too....

IshouldbeGM
10-05-2006, 10:42 PM
this teams needs some attitude, im sorry. look at the bengals, the old steel curtain teams, the old bears, the old giants teams, the 90's cowboys....the texans are a soft team, im a texans fan and ill stick to what i said earlier, id like for them to pick him up if he's released since jeff fisher said he's unsure if he wants haynesworth on the titans anymore. that defense needs a mean streak, no more nice guys!

19-10
10-05-2006, 10:48 PM
this teams needs some attitude, im sorry. look at the bengals, the old steel curtain teams, the old bears, the old giants teams, the 90's cowboys....the texans are a soft team, im a texans fan and ill stick to what i said earlier, id like for them to pick him up if he's released since jeff fisher said he's unsure if he wants haynesworth on the titans anymore. that defense needs a mean streak, no more nice guys!

Dude this is not gladiator, it's professional football. He should have been cuffed and processed before entering the tunnell. You could go to reliant and cheer that guy? WOW

dat_boy_yec
10-05-2006, 10:49 PM

Having a mean streak and attitude is one thing, doing the things Haynesworth's done are another thing. The Pat's defense has won them multiple championships, name me their criminal influence. The Bengals lost Thurman for the season, tell me again how that helps the team. Those teams you mentioned did have an attitude, but they also had class and respect for the game. Haynesworth doesn't and he should not now or ever be associated with the Texans.

blockhead83
10-05-2006, 11:00 PM
You know what, I think we could use someone to stomp our opponents faces.

Hulk75
10-05-2006, 11:30 PM
YES! If that ever happens, which I doubt. Yea one of the best DLineman in the league.

AustinJB
10-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Regardless of whether we would take a look at him or not (which I doubt we would), he is NOT going to be released by the Titans.

A great young DT, even w/ issues, is too valued to just release and not get anything in return. No...they may be looking to TRADE him, but they won't release him. Then the question would be do we trade for him and IMO the answer is DEFINITELY not.

Double Barrel
10-05-2006, 11:41 PM
While character should not the no. 1 issue, I think it should still be a high priority. I could overlook some things, but this guy is borderline criminal. He's lucky charges weren't filed against him, because things could have turned out much worse as a result of that incident. And this isn't the first time he's lost control.

I thought he should have been suspended for the season.

TexanSam
10-05-2006, 11:41 PM
I don't want this guy. I don't care if the guy is one of the best players at his position or not (I think he's good not one of the best by the way), what he did is utterly disgusting and I can't see how any team would welcome him. Not just the organization but the players as well. Stomping on the head of an opponent isn't football. This guy could have ended Gurode's career. I'll be disappointed in the team that does sign him if he gets cut by the Titans.

phan1
10-06-2006, 12:00 AM
At first I thought the whole situation was overblown. He deserves the suspension, but everyone's been trashing him really bad for a week straight... But than I realized how much he actually hurt the other guy. His gashes must have looked awful.

But our organization has always had class players, which is something McNair really values IMO. We won't touch him.

texan279
10-06-2006, 12:07 AM
should the texans claim him? i say yes, he deserves a 2nd chance, and we can use a young stud dt next to mario.

No, actually it would be his third chance. Two years ago Haynesworth got in trouble for kicking a teamate durng a practice.

WiiBrawler
10-06-2006, 08:35 AM
No Need For Hayneworth we're ok, just need to develop

Hulk75
10-06-2006, 08:42 AM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/TEN/9707887

Seven games will remain on the Titans' schedule once Haynesworth's five-game suspension ends. The five-year veteran has one more season on his contract, but the winless Titans will have enough salary-cap room in 2007 to easily absorb the hit if they release him.

Lets remeber who the Broncos went after a couple years ago.................Lang, Warren and Brown. I think Kubiak would look into it really hard and should.

Cheroqui
10-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Oh nooooo. A grown ***** man stomping someone in the face!? Emotions running high or not, we can't have that. Not saying he doesn't deserve a second chance because emotions can run high but I don't like what I saw. Crazy as it sounds had he stepped over his tail I may feel different about it.
No sir not for me...

jmlockett
10-07-2006, 06:55 PM
I am not a defense minded person. I like to think myself more of an offensive minded person. However, there is a strong possibilty that a player with the anger issues we are looking for on the market. This is a guy that we may have to bring in a cage. I heard on the radio today that he has had past issues for his temper. In our situation I think this would be a plus. I also heard that he gets so fired up on the field. The only thing is can we as a team control him. Is this guy a loose cannon that could hurt us more then he could help us. I know he plays DT this could only help. what do you guys and gals think. Do we need this big nasty on our team?

texflex513
10-07-2006, 07:08 PM
I would say no... we are a very classy org and the titan exile would only be a media distraction to a team that is trying to start fresh and has a enough problems to address already. Im not saying his talent is in question just that his character is not texan like IMO.

Buffi2
10-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Oh, goodness no - we don't need Haynesworth. Let me rephrase that - we may need him but we don't want him. He doesn't just have anger issues - he has serious violence issues. Fired up on the field is good - bashing someone's face into the turf is not good. From what I've read, once Haynesworth's temper flares, no one can control him. :tiptoe: We may have our problems, but adding some out of control behemoth to the mix will only make more problems, imo. That guy is scary - and not in a good defensive player way.:twocents:

texan279
10-07-2006, 07:17 PM
The guy kicked off an opponent's helmet and stomped him in the face causing him to get 30 stitches. A few years ago the guy kicked one of his ownteammates. No thanks.

Low Life
10-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Stats Please. How good is this dude??? My apologies if I'm not in the know but really... How good is he? If he's that good then I'll take a kick to the chest and 30 stitches in the grill just to get him signed but really... How good is he?

awtysst
10-07-2006, 08:02 PM
I think yall mean ALBERT Haynesworth but here they are:
http://shsdemo.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=5901&team=10

2002: 16 games, 21 tackles, 9 assited Tackles, 1.0 sacks, 3 PD
2003: 12 games, 21 tackles, 11 assisted tackles, 2.5 sacks, 4 PD
2004: 10 games, 26 tackles, 11 assisted tackles, 1.0 sacks, 3 PD
2005:14 games, 36 tackles, 16 assisted tackles, 3.0 sacks, 1 PD
2006:4 games, 8 tackles, 2 assisted tackles, 1.0 sacks, 1 PD

Low Life
10-07-2006, 08:04 PM
alright... I'll take a kick or a stomp. Not both.

HomeBred_Texan
10-07-2006, 08:09 PM
We have already had this discussion. No one wants him here...

PapaL
10-07-2006, 08:13 PM
We have already had this discussion. No one wants him here...

We're now talking about a new guy, Fisher Haynesworth. He's Albert's good side. See Albert kicked off the helmet and stepped on the guys, Fischer is the guy who apologized.

Blake
10-07-2006, 09:25 PM
If he can help me win a superbowl, I will take him.

Teams that take chances on great troubled player have a good chance of making a damn good team. Take the bengals for once. They have players acting out all over the place. But they still have a badass team this year.

Thats just what I see.

Texans_Chick
10-07-2006, 10:26 PM

Teams that take chances on great troubled player have a good chance of making a damn good team. Take the bengals for once. They have players acting out all over the place. But they still have a badass team this year.

Thats just what I see.

Is Carson Palmer a thug?

If bad guys guaranteed a SB, well then open the jails. Fraid it doesn't always work that way.

From my Fanhouse post of yesterday: Do the Texans Need Some Thugs (http://texans.aolsportsblog.com/2006/10/06/do-the-texans-need-some-thugs/)

TexanSam
10-07-2006, 10:31 PM

Thats just what I see.

I'm pretty sure the Steelers didn't have any "thugs" on their team last season. Neither did the Patriots. The Ravens had Ray Lewis, but he didn't injure players purposely on the field.

Mr. White
10-07-2006, 10:40 PM
It seems like McNair is big on "character" guys. I remember he got asked about taking Terrell Owens last year after he got suspended by the Eagles and left no room for doubt.

He wasn't interested. Jerry Jones on the other hand...

gtexan02
10-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Haynesworth won't be released. He did EVERYTHINng right after the injury. Public apology, private apology, no appeal, etc etc. He's not going anywhere.