PDA

View Full Version : From out of the past!!

Ibar_Harry
10-05-2006, 01:16 AM
Rex Grossman-to-Bernard Berrian may be the most electrifying QB-WR combo in the league. All those two do is convert 60-yard touchdowns. Watching Grossman and Berrian connect is reminiscent of those old Jeff Blake-Darnay Scott bomb plays in the early '90s. Yes, that was just a Darnay Scott reference in 2006. Chicago’s D is unbreakable, and four weeks into the season, the Bears are far and away the class of the NFC. This is from ESPN power ratings.

I just couldn't resist posting this as some of you gave me a lot of heat on this subject. I just thought some of you might be scratching your head. I have told many of you that Carr and Berrian where a big one-two punch. It took Berrian a while to heal and get into the drift of the NFL, but you now have perhapes an understanding why those of us who followed those two wanted to see the Texans draft Berrian.

Berrian made Carr and Carr made Berrian. Now Berrian has a new sole mate. They were a special combo and only if we would have had a defense that year. Sounds familiar doesn't it?

TexansSeminole
10-05-2006, 01:32 AM
Didn't know these two were college mates. Interesting.

Scooter
10-05-2006, 03:52 AM
i wanted berrian than and i'd want him now. between his small price tag and being a perfect play-action deep threat, i doubt chicago's going to let him get away though.

YoungTexanFan
10-05-2006, 07:04 AM
i wanted berrian than and i'd want him now. between his small price tag and being a perfect play-action deep threat, i doubt chicago's going to let him get away though.

I'd trade him for TJ. :)

Kaiser Toro
10-05-2006, 07:11 AM
Note to fantasy team, do not draft any Fresno players until their fifth year.

tsip
10-05-2006, 07:19 AM
Rex Grossman-to-Bernard Berrian may be the most electrifying QB-WR combo in the league. All those two do is convert 60-yard touchdowns. Watching Grossman and Berrian connect is reminiscent of those old Jeff Blake-Darnay Scott bomb plays in the early '90s. Yes, that was just a Darnay Scott reference in 2006. Chicago’s D is unbreakable, and four weeks into the season, the Bears are far and away the class of the NFC. This is from ESPN power ratings.

I just couldn't resist posting this as some of you gave me a lot of heat on this subject. I just thought some of you might be scratching your head. I have told many of you that Carr and Berrian where a big one-two punch. It took Berrian a while to heal and get into the drift of the NFL, but you now have perhapes an understanding why those of us who followed those two wanted to see the Texans draft Berrian.

Berrian made Carr and Carr made Berrian. Now Berrian has a new sole mate. They were a special combo and only if we would have had a defense that year. Sounds familiar doesn't it?

Who was that other WR at FS that Carr also used? What happened to him?

michaelm
10-05-2006, 10:10 AM

I liked Blake to Pickens more myself. Back then, Blake had a beautiful deep ball. I remember how he almost out too much air under it, but seemed to always drop it in Picken's bread basket.

Cgold
10-05-2006, 05:35 PM
the other reciever was Rodney Wright. He was drafted in the 7th round by the bills and was trying to make a spot on the team, but got into a car accident... in which i believe he caused, the other car started on fire, Wright freaks out and runs... and others have to save the lady from the car.. that my friends was the end of the "other" reciever from fresno state.. too bad.
he was good but berrian was better

Grid
10-05-2006, 08:45 PM
alot of people wanted us to pick up Berrian in the draft that year..myself included. Unfortunately that is the year we went after Babin and lost our middle round picks.

We have Moulds and AJ now.. so im not gonna complain.

TexanFanInCC
10-05-2006, 08:56 PM
];461809']Yes they were, I wanted Berrian too. That would have mattered though. Carr is just maturing as a QB. Berrian and Carr in Capers system. I would not have worked anyways.

anything that made sense to the fans didnt make sense to the previous staff.