PDA

View Full Version : Completely Ridiculous

Imatexanfan
10-04-2006, 01:27 PM
I seen a picture in the media before the Miami game....Texan fans wearing paper brown bags on their heads? Already??? That's not cool. There are many more games to play this season...the Texans 1st 3 games were vs. strong teams. Last week we beat the Dolphins so I would imagine those paper bags are gone, right?! Well this week will be another win for us because I mean we're playing the Cowboys, we shall remember 19-10 for us thats like the "9-11" thing to me. :twocents:

Texan Asylum
10-04-2006, 01:40 PM
I seen a picture in the media before the Miami game....Texan fans wearing paper brown bags on their heads? Already??? That's not cool. There are many more games to play this season...the Texans 1st 3 games were vs. strong teams. Last week we beat the Dolphins so I would imagine those paper bags are gone, right?! Well this week will be another win for us because I mean we're playing the Cowboys, we shall remember 19-10 for us thats like the "9-11" thing to me. :twocents:
Perhaps the bag is not to hide their identity...:tease:

profan
10-04-2006, 01:44 PM
in a way, i feel sorry for these people. insecure and looking for attention. at least the bags will muffle the boos. These are the same types that start booing and can't handle adversity very well.

TexanFanInCC
10-04-2006, 01:51 PM
if ur wearing paper bags already, then u are a prima donna football fan.

jaayteetx
10-04-2006, 01:52 PM
for what its worth, its next week we play the cowboys. too bad we couldn't keep playing after collecting a W, oh well, maybe its better this way.

TheOgre
10-04-2006, 01:54 PM

I can understand people being upset. Prior to that game we were 2-18 over the previous 20 games. That means we lost 90% of our games. That is just not acceptable.

Texanfan4ever
10-04-2006, 01:55 PM
in a way, i feel sorry for these people. insecure and looking for attention. at least the bags will muffle the boos. These are the same types that start booing and can't handle adversity very well.

They are the same ones that boo, they see the glass and probably their world as half empty or they wouldn't be so negative and ignorant. No class, that's the bottom line. Seriously, why would you pay large sums of money if you think our team stinks so bad.

Word to the "half empty glasses" STAY HOME! :hides:

Texas_Heat
10-04-2006, 02:08 PM
I think their wearing paper bags already because they see this as a bad franchise and have seen no sign of it getting any better :twocents:

Texanfan4ever
10-04-2006, 02:12 PM
I think their wearing paper bags already because they see this as a bad franchise and have seen no sign of it getting any better :twocents:

Exactly my point! Anyone with two eyes can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

We all wanted to believe it would happen over night, but things take time. That kind of thinking is ignorant. So they should take their toys and go home and beat someone else up. Again I ask, Why waste your money and your time. If you don't like it, you can leave, and leave the rest of us to enjoy our team! :deadhorse

edo783
10-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Aww they ain't all that bad. They was just coming from holding up a liquor store and just didn't have time ta change. Give em a break.

Double Barrel
10-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Why does it bother you? My point-of-view is that it takes all kinds. Some of us wear gear and hardhats and capes and wigs and facepaint and stay until 0:00 at the end of a blowout game...others need a way to vent their frustration at a really bad product.

Light or no light, the fact remains that we are still an NFL bottom dweller in our fifth season, and we have yet to have a non-losing record (much less a winning record). I can understand the frustration and animosity, even though I do not subscribe to it. I like positive thoughts, so I leave my initial disgust at Reliant and bring the residual to the forums.

Last year, during the rather abysmal 2-14 season, I honestly thought about covering my Texans hardhat with brown paper as a display of my utter contempt for such a pathetic display of football. But I decided not to waste my time.

Good and bad emotions are two sides of the same coin, and just part of being a sports fan.

geofb
10-04-2006, 03:24 PM
To me they are similar to the people who wear #10 Tennesse Titans jerseys to the games.

Double Barrel
10-04-2006, 03:36 PM
To me they are similar to the people who wear #10 Tennesse Titans jerseys to the games.

That's where I disagree. Bag wearing is not traitorous (classless maybe, but they wear them because they care). :howdy:

Nbkan
10-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Anyone have our stats, albeit young, after a bye week??

Sorry to hijack the thread...

DBCooper
10-04-2006, 03:45 PM
I seen a picture in the media before the Miami game....Texan fans wearing paper brown bags on their heads? Already??? That's not cool.

You should ask them to identify themselves, I am sure some of them are on this board.

Texanfan4ever
10-04-2006, 03:48 PM
I know, it's always been part of sports, it just seems so silly to me. What does it accomplish? Take last year for example, do you think any of our players were happy about anything that happened last year. THey weren't playing like that on purpose. And McNair wasn't happy and he did something about it. That coaching was horrendous. They probably ruined several of our players careers along the way. Not too long ago, we thought they might have ruined David's.

My point is that booing doesn't help them figure out there is a problem. Everyone knows when there is a problem, especially of that magnitude.

At least this year we can trust the driver of this train......I'm just glad I don't have any bag wearers around my seats. I have a VY jersey wearer, that is enough. That's actually worse.

DocBar
10-04-2006, 03:53 PM
The "bagheads" are probably N.O. Katrina refugee's and got all confused about which team they were watching.

Double Barrel
10-04-2006, 04:21 PM
The "bagheads" are probably N.O. Katrina refugee's and got all confused about which team they were watching.

The sad part is that someone could actually mistake the Texans for the Saints of yesteryear. We have never lived up to expectations, and I can only hope that we'll get our first playoff win MUCH sooner than New Orleans' first post-season win. But that's not guaranteed, either.

DBCooper
10-04-2006, 04:24 PM
I can only hope that we'll get our first playoff win MUCH sooner than New Orleans' first post-season win.

Lets hope.

geofb
10-04-2006, 04:34 PM
The sad part is that someone could actually mistake the Texans for the Saints of yesteryear. We have never lived up to expectations, and I can only hope that we'll get our first playoff win MUCH sooner than New Orleans' first post-season win. But that's not guaranteed, either.

This is off topic but back in 1983, I was at the last game of the season in the Superdome. The Saints were 8-7 at the time so if they win the game, they have their first winning season. On the last play of the game the Saints were down by 2 points and attempted a field goal to win the game. They missed the field goal and ended the season at 8-8. They had to wait 4 more years before finally getting over the hump and getting their first winning season.

Whatever difficulties the Texans have encountered pale in comparison to the misery of the Saints for so many years.

geofb
10-04-2006, 04:37 PM
That's where I disagree. Bag wearing is not traitorous (classless maybe, but they wear them because they care). :howdy:

To me they are still similar...I dislike both groups equally (albeit for different reasons).

texan_fan_in_tampa_bay
10-04-2006, 08:22 PM
I have a VY jersey wearer, that is enough. That's actually worse.

Yeah, that is worse!!

Cgold
10-04-2006, 08:55 PM
You couldnt pay me to wear that jersey.. VY is soooo not going to be what everyone thinks he will be... IMO!!!! He cant run better than vick and I honestly dont think he can even pass better than him, and vick still cant pass.. if vick wasnt the fastest man on the field 99% of the time and could just run for 100 yards + the game he wouldnt be a NFL starter..

:fireball: #10

Texanfan4ever
10-04-2006, 10:49 PM
I hope he does okay, but we didn't need him. We have a quarterback. Regardless of how the stats don't mean anything, our QB has the best rating. Now that is funny! Go David!!! And they said you couldn't do it.....

And yes, I am a :homer:

mexican_texan
10-04-2006, 10:55 PM
You couldnt pay me to wear that jersey.. VY is soooo not going to be what everyone thinks he will be... IMO!!!! He cant run better than vick and I honestly dont think he can even pass better than him, and vick still cant pass.. if vick wasnt the fastest man on the field 99% of the time and could just run for 100 yards + the game he wouldnt be a NFL starter..

:fireball: #10
Mike Vick is six feet tall on a good day. VY is around 6'4. That makes a huge difference. When he busts, his height won't be the cause, like Vick....oops, did I say that out loud?

tex
10-05-2006, 06:01 AM

Care about what getting attention?

Double Barrel
10-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Whatever difficulties the Texans have encountered pale in comparison to the misery of the Saints for so many years.

There is no doubt about that. You'd have to have a will as strong as titanium to persevere as a Saints fan.

To me they are still similar...I dislike both groups equally (albeit for different reasons).

I can certainly understand this pov. I was feeling nice yesterday, but don't take my posts as a defense of bag wearers. They are pretty useless as far as fanatics go, IMHO. I'd probably stop short of calling them 'traitors' per say....maybe turncoats or something similar. ;)

Care about what getting attention?

Probably. It does seem that way.

Ok, now you meam they married ugly.. :cool:

So maybe they're doing us a favor, 'eh? :howdy:

jlam
10-05-2006, 02:12 PM

Hey, hey. Easy there pal, I get very emotional.

*Breaks down in tears following painful Walker-Texas-Ranger-esque flashback* :crying:

There is no doubt about that. You'd have to have a will as strong as titanium to persevere as a Saints fan.

You know, to a degree, I think that every fan should have to endure their team sucking royally at some point. I almost pity fans who only claim to be there for their teams during high points in their existence. Who do you think had a greater feeling of satisfaction as a fan: a bandwaggon Lakers fan after their team's 3rd straight championship, or a lifelong, diehard Clippers fan after the team had a winning season and made the playoffs last year?

I am fully aware that "bandwaggon" and "fairweather" fans are what make an organization successful by getting the orgainization national exposure and attention. However, those fans could never possibly feel the same absolute euphoria that I would feel should the Saints win the Super Bowl, or a KC Royals fan after a World Series win.

To completely vest part of yourself in a sports team as many of us do, is just asking to be let down, to be tortured, and frustrated in the times that it struggles. But when you know what it's like to watch everyone else succeed, I can only imagine that the top of the mountain will feel that much higher.

All that being said, there's a thick black line separating "paying your dues" from "cruel and unusual punishment", and my team crossed that line many moons ago. Geaux Saints!