PDA

View Full Version : ROY predictions

AtheGreat
10-02-2006, 04:46 PM
So, the season is 1/4 over and I think its been somewhat enough time to see how the '06 class has done so far. Just wondering who yall think deserves the rookie of the year. I got:

OFFENSE:

Laurence Moroney

dude has been decent for the first 3 weeks, and this 4th week against the bengels sealed it for me. not just the fact he ate up yards, its how he ran. looked like the dude was on meth, super fast, super aggressive.

DEFENCE:

DeMeco Ryans

ok ok, you can check my upper lip, no kool-aide stains, i promise. honestly, the guys is 4th in the leauge in tackles behind some stellar vetrans. even when he doesn't get the tackle, dude seems to always be right there. he's slowly putting a face to a defence and will walk away from this season with 100+ tackles, a INT or 2 ,and a few FF/FR. good enough numbers for this years defensive ROY.

in a close second is Manny Lawson. that other guy from NC state is racking up the sacks over in SF. wouldn't be suprised to see him get the ROY either.

kastofsna
10-02-2006, 05:40 PM
it's a shame all the star rookie RB's are sharing the load with pro bowlers.

JDizzle
10-02-2006, 05:59 PM
I would wait and see if Deshaun Foster gets hurt anytime soon. If he does then expect DeAngelo Williams to get alot of carries and possibly emerge as one of the top rookie RB's in the league.

TexanFanInCC
10-02-2006, 06:03 PM
demeco is in the top of the NFL in tackles because he is out there alot. the d-line doesnt stop the run well enough to get the defense off the field, and all the runs go into the 2nd level (the linebackers level). having said that, i still think that without a doubt he will get serious consideration and he is definitely legitimate. i just hope he doesnt get shafted by another defensive rookie playing on a playoff bound team like what happened to dunta robinson (getting shafted over vilma)

TheOgre
10-02-2006, 06:10 PM
I would wait and see if Deshaun Foster gets hurt anytime soon. If he does then expect DeAngelo Williams to get alot of carries and possibly emerge as one of the top rookie RB's in the league.

Maroney is doing it with sharing carries.

Texans86
10-02-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm definately thinking that Deangelo Williams will seal it up for the offense. He looks amazing. Demeco must seriously be considered for it, but he will probably need a few more sacks in there. If Mario can put up a decent sack line, I wouldn't count him out of it simply because he is better known.

tulexan
10-03-2006, 12:11 AM
I think Jerious Norwood looks the best out of all of the rookie running backs. He just isn't getting the touches.

TexanSam
10-03-2006, 12:26 AM
There's a lot of good choices out there for Offensive Rookie of the Year so far. Defensive guys don't get as much of the spotlight in the national media though so I'm not sure how anyone else is doing besides Demeco.

mexican_texan
10-03-2006, 12:31 AM
I've been pimping DeAngelo Williams for OROY for a while now, but I also picked AJ Hawk...stepping away from the kool-aid, I pick Ernie Sims, though DeMeco is the definite frontrunner for DROY.

kastofsna
10-03-2006, 08:48 AM
I think Jerious Norwood looks the best out of all of the rookie running backs. He just isn't getting the touches.
he's been great. but i think when it's all said and done, deangelo williams gets OROY. and tye hill gets DROY.

V Man
10-03-2006, 09:15 AM
OROY

Marques Colston- Saints

20 rec. 336 yards 3 TDs (makes a big play every week it seems)

DROY

DeMeco Ryans- Texans

Because I am a Texans :homer: and oh yeah one of the league leaders in tackles.

real
10-03-2006, 09:44 AM
demeco is in the top of the NFL in tackles because he is out there alot. the d-line doesnt stop the run well enough to get the defense off the field, and all the runs go into the 2nd level (the linebackers level)....

I don't understand how you can make this argument without having had watched everyone elses games...How do you know Manny Lawson isn't on the field a lot???

kastofsna
10-03-2006, 09:55 AM
I don't understand how you can make this argument without having had watched everyone elses games...How do you know Manny Lawson isn't on the field a lot???
they're completely different positions, so i don't see the comparison.

real
10-03-2006, 09:59 AM
they're completely different positions, so i don't see the comparison.

The discussion was ROY....

Blu
10-03-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm with V-Man on this one... you guys need to look all over the draft not just the first round.
Colston has picked up where Stallworth left off, not to mention outshine
Mr Fools Gold . Bress has a legit target.
DeMeco is going to win the DROY.

kastofsna
10-03-2006, 10:32 AM
The discussion was ROY....
field time is irrevelant with the two positions. see: merriman vs. tatupu last year.

real
10-03-2006, 10:44 AM
field time is irrevelant with the two positions. see: merriman vs. tatupu last year.

Field time is irrevelant regardless....

Mr teX
10-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Defense: Demeco.......sorry Mario.

Offense: Colston, Maroney or D. Williams & after watching GB last night it could be that kid Jennings that plays WR. The way all of these guys are playing, it could be either one.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
10-03-2006, 11:04 AM
If it ended today.......still undecided on OROY but DROY is without a doubt Demeco Ryans hands down..........

JDizzle
10-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Maroney is doing it with sharing carries.

He still has alot more carries than Williams thus far. I am not trying to downplay Maroney's success but I think Williams will shine once he gets the chance.

Blake
10-04-2006, 12:15 AM
I know who it won't be.

VINTS Young :whip:

Nice.

JDizzle
10-04-2006, 08:47 AM
Zing!

mexican_texan
10-04-2006, 10:51 PM
Just so everyone knows, TexansLucky13 coined the phrase VINTs Young. I want to give credit where credit is due.
Don't surprise me. I would do that too if A&M had a player worth remembering.

TexansSeminole
10-05-2006, 02:38 AM
I bet it will be Reggie Bush as OROTY and either AJ Hawk or Manny Lawson for DROTY.

Who I would probably pick would be Norwood as OROTY and DeMeco Ryans as DROTY.

Mysteryhunt
10-05-2006, 06:35 AM
i agree on colston, he is looking VERY sharp, and for that production at that point in the draft, just WOW. someone did their homework or found a 4 leaf clover.

also dont discount matty down in AZ. he has 3/4 of a season with that offense, it wouldnt be that absurd to see him get something going there.

mexican_texan
10-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Do you remember Aaron Glenn?
Glarin' Feign?