PDA

View Full Version : chris taylor

TexanFanInCC
10-02-2006, 11:19 AM
i think we need to give him a few looks in game action. dayne hasnt been baad, but were missing a guy who can carry 20+ times a game and maintain endurance to stay consistent with more carries.

painekiller
10-02-2006, 12:06 PM
What? Dude until the line gets the blocking down, Earl Campbell would have trouble running behind them. It's not the back, it's the line still coming to together.

Wait.

Sportsfan
10-02-2006, 01:58 PM
This morning on 610, McClain said that the coaches told him they really like Taylor's speed and his ability to hit the hole hard, however he has been struggling w/picking up the blitz, one of the main reasons Morcency was traded. They also told him that we'll see Taylor for sure this year, it'll just take a little more time before they're comfortable w/putting him out there.

mexican_texan
10-02-2006, 01:59 PM
With the injuries to 3 linemen already, it may be a while until we see Taylor unless he can play ST.

Texans86
10-02-2006, 02:02 PM
This morning on 610, McClain said that the coaches told him they really like Taylor's speed and his ability to hit the hole hard, however he has been struggling w/picking up the blitz, one of the main reasons Morcency was traded. They also told him that we'll see Taylor for sure this year, it'll just take a little more time before they're comfortable w/putting him out there.

That's great news. Not the blocking part, but the fact that we will see him eventually. Hopefully he'll just need a little more time over the break to get it down. Dayne isn't bad, but there might be a reason he's been on three teams, and Denver wasn't too big on keeping him there. He keeps trying to be a tip toe high knee shifty kind of guy when he should be the bruiser down the middle guy. If he hasn't fixed that in seven years in the NFL, I don't think he ever will.

HOU-TEX
10-02-2006, 02:07 PM
What? Dude until the line gets the blocking down, Earl Campbell would have trouble running behind them. It's not the back, it's the line still coming to together.

Wait.

LOL! Earl Campbell is just the back we need for this kind of porous line. Shoulder down, putting some slobber knockers on people. Man! I loved watching that guy run the ball!:bananasplit:

nunusguy
10-02-2006, 03:31 PM
he has been struggling w/picking up the blitz, one of the main reasons Morcency was traded.
I dunno, but I think that Morency was picking up the blitz very well in preseason games. Obviously, I wasn't in on Morency's performances elsewhere, like practice on a day to day basis.

TexanFanInCC
10-02-2006, 04:59 PM
thats pretty much what i observed. whatever happened to lundy? i know he had problems with blitz pickup in preseason. does that have anything to do with why he isnt out there? is he hurt perhaps?

texan279
10-02-2006, 05:01 PM

Wait.

There were several lanes/holes our backs missed yesterday...Our backs are average at best....

Sportsfan
10-02-2006, 07:58 PM
. whatever happened to lundy? i know he had problems with blitz pickup in preseason. does that have anything to do with why he isnt out there? is he hurt perhaps?

I noticed him on the sideline in shorts and a t-shirt congratulating Mario on his sack. Something is up.