PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or we just don't...

Los
10-02-2006, 03:14 AM
Is it just me or we just don't have defensive backs that can cover some of these wide outs we face ?

It seems we get burnt on some deep pass plays...

texflex513
10-02-2006, 07:05 AM
Is it just me or we just don't have defensive backs that can cover some of these wide outs we face ?

It seems we get burnt on some deep pass plays... What i want to know is...is P BUCH really that horrible of a corner this year i remember when sanders went out of the game with an injury kub put in a guy named johnson Why hasnt p buch been givin a chance i thought he was having a decent camp?

TheOgre
10-02-2006, 07:11 AM
What i want to know is...is P BUCH really that horrible of a corner this year i remember when sanders went out of the game with an injury kub put in a guy named johnson Why hasnt p buch been givin a chance i thought he was having a decent camp?

I think P BUCH has been injured most of the year.

TFL
10-02-2006, 07:12 AM
Maybe the ankle is still giving him a limited role right know. Ankles are very important to a CB. and you do not want to stick a sore ankle CB out there.

thunderkyss
10-02-2006, 07:21 AM
What i want to know is...is P BUCH really that horrible of a corner this year i remember when sanders went out of the game with an injury kub put in a guy named johnson Why hasnt p buch been givin a chance i thought he was having a decent camp?

for that game, I think PBuch just came back from injury suffered in our first game against Philly. I was hoping to see him get some playing time yesterday, when Dunta was taking a breather. But because of the injury(??) on the sideline, he got his wind back, came back into the game, and told PBuch to get off the field.

He played very well in the Preseason, with the exception of the one PI. I was hoping to see him play some, but as Sanders has been better than our other corner, I can't see them sitting him down for Buch.

But then they keep putting McCleon in on the nickel, & that #25 (Derrick Johnson) in when Sanders gets hurt. So either they don't think much of Buch, or they want him exclusively for specialTeams... I don't know.

NederlandTexan
10-02-2006, 08:42 AM
When you bring blitzers, you expose your secondary. It's a trade off I'll take every day of the week. It was wonderful seeing guys coming from different directions all day. Coach Smith had a helluva game plan.

UTVinceYoung
10-31-2006, 09:19 PM
:whip:

TEXANS84
10-31-2006, 09:21 PM
:whip:

And where did you burn us? What deep play are you celebrating?

wenskek
10-31-2006, 09:55 PM
cc is a joke, earl is a joke, sanders would be a dime while faggins a nickle, and my respect for dunta is growing small!

real
11-01-2006, 10:40 AM
cc is a joke, earl is a joke, sanders would be a dime while faggins a nickle, and my respect for dunta is growing small!

oxymoron

V Man
11-01-2006, 11:13 AM

It seems we get burnt on some deep pass plays...

This is one of the major reasons I think we play so well against Jacksonville.

We can't cover the smaller, faster recievers (Stallworth, Moss, Harrison, Wayne,). But Jacksonville's are all bigger and not as fast, so they play into our DB's strength (hitting people which cause their recievers to drop some passes).:twocents:

real
11-01-2006, 11:27 AM
This is one of the major reasons I think we play so well against Jacksonville.

We can't cover the smaller, faster recievers (Stallworth, Moss, Harrison, Wayne,). But Jacksonville's are all bigger and not as fast, so they play into our DB's strength (hitting people which cause their recievers to drop some passes).:twocents:

You mean quick right ?

V Man
11-01-2006, 11:33 AM
You mean quick right ?

I guess Quicker would probably better a better word, but some of the recievers I named (Stallworth) are just flat out faster than anyone we have back there.