PDA

View Full Version : Now whats your record prediction?

gtexan02
10-02-2006, 12:56 AM
Heres the remainder of our schedule with a little blurb by it to help sway your decision :stirpot:

@Dallas - Destroyed Tennesse today. Offense is very potent combining two stellar receivers, a top tier TE, and a combo of two explosive running backs. The defense is equally potent. We have a history of playing them very well. Will they have some more TO problems before the game?

Jacksonville - So far their offense has shown a lot mroe life, and their defense has been stout---Up until Washington. They shut out the Steelers and then gave up 480 yards to the Redskins. Which team will show up? They have a history of playing streaky football, and we have a history of playing our like hell on wheels against them.

@Tennessee - Young will still be learning his role, but both teams will have something to prove this week. Tennessee could still be looking for their first win. This is a terrible team, and while Young will help, they have more holes than we do.

@N.Y. Giants - A seemingly great team, loaded with talent, but somethings not working. They have a superior offense, and a seemingly tough defense, but are giving up almost as many yards per game as we are. NYG is a tough place to play, however.

@Jacksonville - At Jacksonsville in Jacksonville. See above post.

Buffalo - Buffalo in my opinion is one of the up and coming teams this year. They have a fantastic defense, and their offense has a lot of potential. They got ridiculued for their draft, but its working out nicely for them.

@N.Y. Jets - My other up and coming team, they are completely different with Pennington. They have 0 run game, but Pennington gives them a chance to win. They took the Colts to the final seconds. If Pennington should hasn't given out, this could be a tough one in NY.

@Oakland - Probably the worst team in the NFl right now. Even if Brooks is back, I think they look pretty hapless. Putting up big numbers against Cleveland doesn't impress me much.

Tennessee - See above. home game. Who will the crowd cheer for? Both VY and MW will have something to prove

@New England - At New England in the winter. Ouch. And they will be looking to solidify their playoff spot.

Indianapolis - Could be a blowout, unless Indy's already clinched. Maybe Sorgi will get the start?

Cleveland - Maybe even worse than the Raiders. Lets hope we don't have a 2004 repeat though.

gtexan02
10-02-2006, 12:57 AM
@Dallas - L
Jacksonville - W
@Tennessee - W
@N.Y. Giants - L
@Jacksonville - L
Buffalo - W
@N.Y. Jets - L
@Oakland - W
Tennessee - W
@New England - L
Indianapolis - L
Cleveland - W

10-02-2006, 01:01 AM
i'm sticking to my guns with 6-10. i said that right before the season.

Scooter
10-02-2006, 01:15 AM
i said 8-8 and i'm going to stick with it. this game today is the reason why. last year we would've lost this game on the final drive or in overtime. this year we hit some playoff bound teams but kept fighting and bounced back. as our schedule gets somewhat easier, i think we're going to keep winning these types of games that we couldnt finish last year. we might not actually go 8-8, but i'm positive that at the end of the year, us fans will be very proud of this team.

wags
10-02-2006, 01:21 AM
I think we're a 5-11 team. Our OL is still very suspect and our defense is a major work in progress.

TexanSam
10-02-2006, 01:24 AM
@Dallas - Loss. I'd love to beat the Cowboys, but they're way more talented than we are.

Jacksonville - Win. Throw out the records in this game. We always play them close no matter how could one team or the other is.

@Tennessee - Win. Worst team in the league. Vince Young will have a monster of a game...in a bad way :redtowel:

@N.Y. Giants - Loss. They may be struggling right now, but I think they have enough talent to put it all together. I think we make it close though.

@Jacksonville - Loss. We play them close like always but they beat us on their home turf.

Buffalo - Win. They are a surprise team right now but I think David Carr outplays J.P. Losman.

@N.Y. Jets - Loss. They've improved a lot in one year under Mangini. They aren't a good team, but I think they win because of homefield advantage.

@Oakland - Win. If the Titans are the worst team in the league, the Raiders are a close second. Good news for us. Who knows who the starting QB will be for them at this point in the season.

Tennessee - Win. We kick the Titans butt at home and sweep them for the season. All the fans wearing Vince Young jersey's go home early.

@New England - Loss. They are in the middle of the playoff race and beat us easily. They aren't as good as they once were but they're still much better than us.

Indianapolis - Win. Indy has the division and home-field advantage wrapped up and play their bench players for most of the game. This lets us beat Indy for the first time ever.

Cleveland - Win. David Carr > Charlie Frye. Gary Kubiak > Romeo Crennel. We beat the Browns for the 2nd time in 3 years and oddly, all 3 games have been at home.

8-8

We end the season winning 4 out of our last 5 games. Or 5 out of our last 7 games which gives us momentum going into next season! :gotexans1 :fans: :redtowel:

NEROtheZERO
10-02-2006, 01:45 PM
i'm sticking to my guns with 6-10. i said that right before the season.

Same here, all I felt we needed was 1 win in our first seven games and I knew it would be between Washington, Miami, or Dallas.

I think we rip off 4 straight wins against Buffalo, NYJ, Oakland, and Tenn and then get a win between Tenn, NYG, or Cleveland.

6-10.

Brandon420tx
10-02-2006, 01:52 PM
16-0

oh yea .... 13-3, thats more realistic

Meloy
10-02-2006, 01:53 PM
5-11. Don't see us beating Jacksonville or Dallas let alone Colts.

Wharton
10-02-2006, 01:59 PM
5-11

Same as before.

Its great that we got a win, but this team still has a long way to go. I still think Kubes and GM Rick Smith are the right men for the job. In two years, there will be very few people left from the 2-14 season.

texan279
10-02-2006, 02:00 PM
I am sticking to my prediction after preseason, 4-6 wins.

Double Barrel
10-02-2006, 02:02 PM
4 or 5 wins is probably where I see us. And I think some of our losses will be close during the second half of the season.

I agree with Wharton's take about Kubiak and Smith. They are building from a foundation up, and we will see lots of new faces in the next couple of years.

NEROtheZERO
10-02-2006, 02:13 PM
4 or 5 wins is probably where I see us. And I think some of our losses will be close during the second half of the season.

I agree with Wharton's take about Kubiak and Smith. They are building from a foundation up, and we will see lots of new faces in the next couple of years.

I agree and Moulds has confirmed this. Last Monday on his show he said that Kubiak was not able to bring in all the players he would like due to salary cap restraints and bad contracts from the previous regime. He said next season we should see personell much more adept to Kubiak's system.

jerek
10-02-2006, 02:29 PM
7-9, possibly 8-8 or even 9-7 ... same as it was to start the year.

We opened against a brutal schedule that in retrospect appears to be performing even better than I figured. I had us losing to the Eagles and the Colts, beating the Skins and Phins, and heading into bye at 2-2. For all the knock on Mario he was opening against 3 of the best OLs in the league and I hope that Smith's playcalling last game was a correction and not a fluke. We'll continue to improve under the new coaches and schemes and we hit a pretty butter soft stretch late in the year with Buffalo, Tennessee, the Jets, and Oakland, that will put us in a position to finish out the year at or just under .500. And possibly above, for that matter.

HOU-TEX
10-02-2006, 02:35 PM
I think we could end up somewhere between 1 to 13 wins this season.

Seriously though, I still refuse to make prediction due to the fact the D hasn't shown any consistancy at all. The O's still making mental mistakes to go along with a poor running game.

thunderkyss
10-02-2006, 02:39 PM
@Dallas - W
Jacksonville - W
@Tennessee - W
@N.Y. Giants - W
@Jacksonville - W
Buffalo - W
@N.Y. Jets - W
@Oakland - W
Tennessee - W
@New England - W
Indianapolis - W
Cleveland - W

Dallas...... we need to put Dunta on TO in the slot, get PBuch on the field to shut down the other recievers.

Jacksonville, I still see the sweep.

The only games I'm worried about, are NewEngalnd at NewEngland, and Indy at home.......

other than that, everything is going according to plan. 13-3

The Pencil Neck
10-02-2006, 03:22 PM
My initial feel was 5-11 and I'm not going to go away from that. I feel that we COULD end up with a better record but it's going to be hard. I don't think we're good enough to win the games we SHOULD win, yet.

@Dallas - L (but we NEED to win this one.)
Jacksonville - L (we could win this one)
@Tennessee - W
@N.Y. Giants - L (I'm not sure about this one, now)
@Jacksonville - L
Buffalo - L (winnable)
@N.Y. Jets - L (winnable)
@Oakland - W
Tennessee - W
@New England - L
Indianapolis - L
Cleveland - W

So, worst case is my original estimate: 5-11. Best case, 8-8.

powerfuldragon
10-02-2006, 03:36 PM
sticking with my 6-10 prediction.

Mr. White
10-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Indianapolis - Could be a blowout, unless Indy's already clinched. Maybe Sorgi will get the start?

No way Manning passes up a chance to put up easy numbers.

I went with 5-11.

TheOgre
10-02-2006, 04:19 PM
I said 6-7 wins before the season. I'm changing that to 5-7 wins.

rmartin65
10-02-2006, 04:23 PM
I will stick with 8-8. We play some weak teams.

HOU-TEX
10-02-2006, 04:31 PM
I will stick with 8-8. We play some weak teams.

What are we? I don't mean to come off disrespectful, but I haven't really seen enough to exclude us from this catagory, yet.:crying:

Texas_Heat
10-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Texans :fortune:
@Dallas - L
Jacksonville - L
@Tennessee - W
@N.Y. Giants - L
@Jacksonville - L
Buffalo - W
@N.Y. Jets - W
@Oakland - W
Tennessee - W
@New England - L
Indianapolis - L
Cleveland - W
4 wins in a row, and they'll finish 7-9 :yahoo:

In Reality they will
@Dallas - L
Jacksonville - L
@Tennessee - W
@N.Y. Giants - L
@Jacksonville - L
Buffalo - L
@N.Y. Jets - L
@Oakland - W
Tennessee - W
@New England - L
Indianapolis - L
Cleveland - L

4-12 :(

MrMeToo
10-02-2006, 05:44 PM
4-12.I haven't changed my mind because we beat the dolphins.I expected we could get a win against them.

The Pencil Neck
10-02-2006, 06:47 PM
4-12.I haven't changed my mind because we beat the dolphins.I expected we could get a win against them.

Prior to the season, I didn't think we were going to win this game. I expected us to start off 0-5, at least. But the Dolphins aren't as good as I expected. However, the Bills and Jets are better than I expected.

thunderkyss
10-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Is there any reason to believe we won't be playing better at the end of the season we are now??

Indy & NewEngland are really the only potent offenses that we'll be playing from here out. Everybody else is pretty streaky(who would've thought Jacksonville would score 30 on Washington??)....

I understand to think we'll run the table is out there....... but only winning 4 or 5 of our next 12??

even the most pessimistic fan should see us getting 6 of the next 6. None of the games are gimme, I understand.

hollywood_texan
10-02-2006, 07:16 PM
We are looking at 3 to 4 more wins this season with what I have seen thus far.

My prediction at the beginning of the season was 5-11. I had them going 1-5 on the first six and they would win either the Washington or Miami game.

If the Texans are going to hit .500 or better, the offense is going to have to score more than 17 points a game and play consistently in all 4 quarters. The offense is only good for about 200 yards passing and 90 yards rushing per game on a regular basis. With Kubiak not putting in the 2 minute drill against the Dolphins, and the offense not being able to run out the clock or get a fieldgoal late against the Dolphins really concerns me how they are coming along as a unit. The offense is coming along very slow and Kubiak is taking very little chances.

So, if the offense continues to play the same, the defense still has it's problems even with consideration of the good game they played against the Dolphins, means the Texans are going to have a tough time winning games. They are probably going to lose a lot of close games.

I am downgrading the Texans to ending up at 4-12.

Cowboys - Loss
Jaguars - Loss
Titans - Loss, big test for this Franchise and the direction!
Giants - Loss
Jaguars - Loss
Bills - Win
Jets - Loss
Radiers - Win
Titans - I am going to say a loss here, this game just scares me!
Patriots - Loss
Colts - Loss
Browns - Win

As you can see, I really don't have a lot of faith in the Texans right now.

We have an offense that doens't want to take risks and a defense that can easily be exposed. It's tough to win football games with that formula!

Kaiser Toro
10-02-2006, 07:22 PM
I have faith in this team still winning 6 games, which would be terrific growth for a team that had lost 15 of its previous 17 pre Kubiak.

Texans86
10-02-2006, 07:37 PM
I've still got this team going five to six games. That's respectable for the amount of talent on the team.

FanFromCali
10-02-2006, 07:54 PM
I say four to five wins.

The team should be able to beat the Titans twice, Browns, and Raiders. But except for the Raiders anything could happen. (They should destroy the Raiders.)

I also think the Bills and Jets could be wins if things go right for the team.

Brandon420tx
10-02-2006, 09:14 PM
If the Texans are going to hit .500 or better, the offense is going to have to score more than 17 points a game

I have to disagree with you on that one

If the Texans are going to hit .500 or better then they are going to have to score more points then the team they happen to be playing that week. :ok:

edo783
10-02-2006, 10:03 PM
It's been 6-10 for me and still is 6-10. Nothing has changed. We are right about were I expected we would be.

Ibar_Harry
10-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Hmm, actually the win we had yesterday still makes my 13-3 possible. Probably remotely so, but still possible. The defense played better and the offense played better. The defense is still a surprise to me and so is the running game. I simply thought our blocking for the running game would be a lot better than it has been. DD being hurt of course is a big loss.

The Dallas game is a big one as far as I'm concerned. Parcells is an excellent defensive coach and it will be interesting to see how he plays us. He will pick our defense apart. I think this game is going to be a big challenge. The 1st time we played them with Campo I figured we had an excellent shot because of the kind of coach Campo was. This time around it will be very different.

I expect Parcells to pass and pass and pass against us with Bledsole. If he gets the lead he will go to the running game to run out the clock. Jerry Jones will have implanted in Parcells that he does not want to loose this game no matter what. Defensively the Cowboys will put a lot of pressure on us. We have to shore up the LT spot somehow. I still wonder whether they will give Wand a call.

We only suited up 7 O-linemen for this last game because of weaknesses elsewhere on the ball club. I'm not certain we can get away with that against Dallas, but we do have the bye week to try to heal up. We were very close to having a major melt down last weekend as far as the O-line was concerned. We escaped with our lives and a win. The good Lord was watching over us in that game.

sk8termom
10-02-2006, 10:52 PM
I'm predicting 4 more wins - 5-11 season, though I'd love to see the Texans knock off Jax at least once!

@Dallas - L
Jacksonville - L
@Tennessee - W
@N.Y. Giants - L
@Jacksonville - L
Buffalo - L
@N.Y. Jets - L
@Oakland - W
Tennessee - W
@New England - L
Indianapolis - L
Cleveland - W (please beat Cleveland since I live there!)

Dubya
10-02-2006, 11:21 PM
I'm going with 7-9. Of course, that's including splitting the series against Jax and winning the Dallas game. I can't imagine losing to the Cowgirls.

Stros5Texans80
10-03-2006, 05:57 AM
Saw us going 5-11 or 4-12. Depending on how we play @ Dallas, I'll make my descision then.

TexansTailg8r
10-03-2006, 06:16 AM
@Dallas -W 2 weeks to prepare and get healthy
Jacksonville - W correct me if i'm wrong, this would be first 3 game winning streak
@Tennessee - W we just over match them
@N.Y. Giants - L lose in a tough place
@Jacksonville - L wont get the sweep
Buffalo - w close but this is where we start getting props.
@N.Y. Jets - w berman says "how bout them texans"
Okland - W we just over match them
Tennessee - W grudge match
newengland-L not what they were, but still better than us
Indianapolis - L too many weapons
Cleveland - W Revenge

Maddict5
10-03-2006, 08:58 AM
im staying at around 8 wins...

i think we'll win-or should win: titans x2, raiders, browns

miami type games- we're underdogs but possibility of winning- jets, bills, giants(im more confident than most for this game-horrible o-line, d isnt doing much), jags at home-i think they're really good and will win but we play them close always, dallas- our only chances- after a bye, o-line not great and bledsoe

any other victory would be a big surprise imo