PDA

View Full Version : stomping video

hot pickle
10-01-2006, 10:04 PM
does anyone have the video of Albert Haynesworth stomping on the guys head?

TexanSam
10-01-2006, 10:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2609563

The video on the side shows the stomping about halfway through.

gtexan02
10-01-2006, 10:34 PM
What the heck happened...Its like some animalistic rage just built up and had to be released. I'm all for competitivenes,s but thats going too far. Even Haynesworth knew it "disgusting" he called it.
Wow.

Texans_Chick
10-01-2006, 10:47 PM
The thing I wonder about is whether charges could be filed against him for assault. Didn't that happen to a hockey player and baseball player who did assaults outside the perimeters of the game?

Don't think it would happen in this situation as the game was held in Tennessee. You would much more likely have a political prosecutor file charges if the game was an away game for the Titans.

Just thinking out loud. That's a lot of cuts and stitches. On a face. Ouch.

Reddevil63
10-01-2006, 10:51 PM
That sort of thing is inexcusable. He needs to be arrested, football game or not, that is assault.

nunusguy
10-01-2006, 10:57 PM
I played ball with a guy in college, a Dlineman from PA who, in tackling
drills, if the coachs yelled at him, ya know encouraged him, on several occasions he grabbed the ball carrier and started choking him.
You run across some crazy types out there, and they can get real wild
on occasions.
The coaches loved this guy though. Control, obviously, was an issue for
them.

Scooter
10-01-2006, 11:03 PM
The thing I wonder about is whether charges could be filed against him for assault. Didn't that happen to a hockey player and baseball player who did assaults outside the perimeters of the game?

Don't think it would happen in this situation as the game was held in Tennessee. You would much more likely have a political prosecutor file charges if the game was an away game for the Titans.

Just thinking out loud. That's a lot of cuts and stitches. On a face. Ouch.

i'm not sure about baseball (unless you mean the weiner beating), but 2 years ago a hockey player was removed from the league and hit with assault charges for a violent shot in the back which did significant damage to another player. i'm a bit on the fence on that issue though because unless a player brings a weapon onto the field, i think the league should do the punishing, not the law. "disgusting" is the word i'd use for what he did, but i'd rather see him suspended for 10 years from football than do a week in jail.

that being said, the reverse doesnt hold the same for me. off the field incidents like half of the bengals roster should automatically come with reprocussions on the field.

dantem
10-02-2006, 12:29 AM
All pro sports should have rules that blatant assault should be penalized with immediate dismissal from the league permanently. Being suspended for a few games is a joke.

dantem
10-02-2006, 12:31 AM
I played ball with a guy in college, a Dlineman from PA who, in tackling
drills, if the coachs yelled at him, ya know encouraged him, on several occasions he grabbed the ball carrier and started choking him.
You run across some crazy types out there, and they can get real wild
on occasions.
The coaches loved this guy though. Control, obviously, was an issue for
them.

Guys like this should never be allowed to play pro ball. he belongs in the WWF

YoungTexanFan
10-02-2006, 12:39 AM
does anyone have the full video clip of the actual incident? not just a few quick clips of it.

10-02-2006, 01:08 AM
All pro sports should have rules that blatant assault should be penalized with immediate dismissal from the league permanently. Being suspended for a few games is a joke.

to me,that's a little harsh. i've gotten pretty heated sometimes... it can work like a drug almost, you'll be so caught up in the moment, you simply stop thinking and start reacting. i would never do something of that magnitude and i am no way defending his actions, but getting kicked out of the league? come on. i say suspend him for the rest of the season with no pay along with some kind of compensation to the other player.

wags
10-02-2006, 01:39 AM
Apparently Jeff Fisher went up to Parcells after the game and told Parcells that Haynesworth would be punished severely by the team if the NFL doesn't have the ****s.

Heywood
10-02-2006, 05:49 AM
it's steroidal rage, not animalistic rage. stop the borderline racist BS.

infantrycak
10-02-2006, 09:34 AM
What happened that was racist?
Wasn't it a black guy that did it? I know that the guy that was the "victim" was black. What did I miss Heywood? Serious question...not trying to pick a fight. What was the "borderline racist" aspect of it?

Ignore Heywood--he will make a racial issue out of two white geese fighting in a pond--did you see whitie keeping the non-white geese out of the fight?

texan279
10-02-2006, 10:50 AM
Fat Albert should be charged with assault IMO. He could probably be charged with aggravated assault instead of simple assault.

nunusguy
10-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Some of you guys need to get a grip and get real: the NFL is not full of PC
gentlemen who were Ivy League grads. There are some really rough customers playing football for a living in this country these days. But probably no worse than in the past decades of the NFL.
Does that in any way excuse what the stomper did to the stompee ? Of course not, and he got caught so he's gonna get busted and it will probably
hit where it hurts the most. In his wallet.
I have no doubt that stuff like this happens on a regular basis, very often in
those piles of players fighting for possession of a fumble.

texan279
10-02-2006, 12:22 PM
Some of you guys need to get a grip and get real: the NFL is not full of PC
gentlemen who were Ivy League grads. There are some really rough customers playing football for a living in this country these days. But probably no worse than in the past decades of the NFL.
Does that in any way excuse what the stomper did to the stompee ? Of course not, and he got caught so he's gonna get busted and it will probably
hit where it hurts the most. In his wallet.
I have no doubt that stuff like this happens on a regular basis, very often in
those piles of players fighting for possession of a fumble.

What Albert did was intentional aggravated assault. It had nothing to do with football. He did it intentionally after the play was over, and he did it twice. There are a couple of guys on some of the sports shows this morning that have said they have never seen anything of this magnitude happen in the NFL. He cut the guy bad enough to where he had to get stitches. I guess next time I am shooting hoops with my buddies and one of them goes up for a layup I'll pull out my knife and shank him and call it part of the game.

Texans_Chick
10-02-2006, 12:33 PM
If someone stomps on my face, requiring a bunch of stitches in seven different places on my face, nearly missing my eye and resulting in temporary blurred vision, I am suing their ***.

Stitches in your face in the shape of cleat marks, well, plastic surgeons usually can't fix that.

Normal thuggery is part of the game, abnormal thuggery is going to have consequences. At least Haynesworth was instantly remorseful and didn't have to be told to apologize.

Mr. White
10-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Didn't Haynesworth take Gurode's helmet off of his head before he stomped on his head twice?

Never saw the footage of how the helmet actually came off.

IMO, they should bring the hammer down on him...cops should arrest him, the NFL should suspend him the rest of the season, his team should cut him, and Gurode should sue him.

nunusguy
10-02-2006, 01:04 PM
What Albert did was intentional aggravated assault. It had nothing to do with football. He did it intentionally after the play was over, and he did it twice. There are a couple of guys on some of the sports shows this morning that have said they have never seen anything of this magnitude happen in the NFL. He cut the guy bad enough to where he had to get stitches. I guess next time I am shooting hoops with my buddies and one of them goes up for a layup I'll pull out my knife and shank him and call it part of the game.
This was very blatant, very extreme. I admit that. But anyone who thinks that physical abuse (that may or may not be illegal behavior) doesn't occur every Sunday in most NFL football games is out of touch.
On your comment about shooting hoops, I suspect thats about as far as it goes with you so you don't have a clue about what goes on in NFL games.
I don't know from personal experience, but as I pointed in an earlier post in this thread, I experienced some pretty rough stuff in college ball. And
I assure, my background in college ball is very modest. The NFL is a whole
different universe.
I don't know anything about this Titans player, know nothing about his personal history on or off the field (before yesterday). But I know that there exists, to an extent, a criminal element in the NFL. And no, you won't
find those types in your pickup game in your backyard.

DoCRoN
10-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Here's a link from YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay5BE-xVd_w

Sick.

Porky
10-02-2006, 01:28 PM
Didn't Haynesworth take Gurode's helmet off of his head before he stomped on his head twice?

Never saw the footage of how the helmet actually came off.

IMO, they should bring the hammer down on him...cops should arrest him, the NFL should suspend him the rest of the season, his team should cut him, and Gurode should sue him.

They said on 610 this morning that he did yank his helmet off. I haven't seen it, but if that is the case, I am with Battle Red Bull. I think it's time for the NFL to draw a line in the sand, and say if you cross it, you are out. Let Fat Albert go drive a truck like the rest of us working stiffs.

texan279
10-02-2006, 01:28 PM
This was very blatant, very extreme. I admit that. But anyone who thinks that physical abuse (that may or may not be illegal behavior) doesn't occur every Sunday in most NFL football games is out of touch.
On your comment about shooting hoops, I suspect thats about as far as it goes with you so you don't have a clue about what goes on in NFL games.
I don't know from personal experience, but as I pointed in an earlier post in this thread, I experienced some pretty rough stuff in college ball. And
I assure, my background in college ball is very modest. The NFL is a whole
different universe.
I don't know anything about this Titans player, know nothing about his personal history on or off the field (before yesterday). But I know that there exists, to an extent, a criminal element in the NFL. And no, you won't
find those types in your pickup game in your backyard.

Actually I do have a clue as to what goes on in NFL games. You may have experienced "rough stuff" in college, but were you ever stomped twice in the face? That goes beyond "rough stuff". And as far as you "knowing that criminal element exists to an extent" in the NFL, I'd love for you to point out or enlighten us as to what else goes on like this that we don't know about. Players get fined and suspended all of the time for "criminal" activities that occur off the field, so I am sure if the NFL was aware of something "criminal" happening on the field it would be handled and the media would be all over it. Sure late hits, unecessary roughness, fights, etc. occur all the time, but nothing of the magnitude of what happened yesterday. And as far as I can remember I do not recall anything like this happening on an NFL field.

WWJD
10-02-2006, 03:16 PM
He did take his helmet off before he stomped him on the face.

He did it not once, but twice.

I thought Coach Fisher handled it very well, he said if the league doesn't punish him severely enough the team will take care of it.

Gurode said it took him completely by surprise because they had not been mouthing at each other and up to that point had played each other cleanly with no problem.

The Dream
10-02-2006, 03:53 PM
he just be kicked outta the league...that was totally uncalled for.

nunusguy
10-02-2006, 04:40 PM
ESPN Cable now reporting 5 game suspension, without pay.

texan279
10-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Jeff Fisher on NFL Network said the Titans will be looking to replace Haynesworth on the roster as soon as possible.

texan279
10-04-2006, 09:06 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6026938

Haynesworth's agent gave the tackle's phone number to Gurode's agent and the Cowboys, hoping to connect the players. That finally happened, but Speck wouldn't detail the conversation and said he is leaving that to either Gurode or Haynesworth - if they choose.

Gurode's agent, Kennard McGuire, did not immediately return messages left by The Associated Press on Tuesday.

The Dallas center plans to talk with his family about whether or not to press charges, his agent told Nashville police Monday.

Haynesworth's suspension was more than twice as long as the previous punishment for a player's misbehavior on the field. Green Bay lineman Charles Martin got two games for throwing Chicago quarterback Jim McMahon onto his shoulder in 1986.