PDA

View Full Version : that Jacksonville Defense ain't all that.....

thunderkyss
10-01-2006, 08:39 PM
....... they gave up 481 yards to the 'skins...

they must not have been getting pressure on the QB. 0 sacks, 329 yards passing, 3 TDs, 1 INT..... makes you wonder if the defense even showed up.

They had the ball for 38:21.... wait a minute, that was against Houston. Against Jacksonville....... a play off caliber Defense, they had the ball for 35:21 & scored 36 points. 30 in regulation.

Those guys will be lucky to win 3 games this year.

Don'tHate
10-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Wow, you are going to judge the D on one game?

You obviously didn't notice us shutting out Pitt or holding the Colts to 21 points.

Our D played worse than I've seen them play in years! They will NOT play that bad again, I can guaranty that.

jagsfanincanada
10-03-2006, 11:24 AM
....... they gave up 481 yards to the 'skins...

they must not have been getting pressure on the QB. 0 sacks, 329 yards passing, 3 TDs, 1 INT..... makes you wonder if the defense even showed up.

They had the ball for 38:21.... wait a minute, that was against Houston. Against Jacksonville....... a play off caliber Defense, they had the ball for 35:21 & scored 36 points. 30 in regulation.

Those guys will be lucky to win 3 games this year.

Hahaha 1 bad game and suddenly we aren't good? I admit our defense played like trash last week, but hey, it happens. I bet most fans here would take our defense over yours in a heartbeat.

As for the 3 wins, all I can say is lol.

thunderkyss
10-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Both of you need to relax.... this ain't about yall. It's about the guys giving our team a hard time because we gave up 500 yards to Washington.

We all know your defense carries your team.

My Point, was that Washington with a healthy Clinton Portis could run up 500 yards on the best defense, you guys were the proof in the pudding.

I'm not really calling you guys out....

Brandon420tx
10-03-2006, 11:48 AM
This board teaches you to spot sarcasm without the smiley, you guys should stay on it more often.

Those guys will be lucky to win 3 games this year. :sarcasm:

Mr teX
10-03-2006, 11:54 AM
LOL, I don't know how those guys didn't see the sarcasm in that post.

real
10-03-2006, 11:57 AM
LOL, I don't know how those guys didn't see the sarcasm in that post.

I can...I saw it...cuz I know how kyss post....they are jag fans, and don't know what we've been discussing....:mario:

Bamaborn-Texasbred
10-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Old man Brunell ripped that J'ville D? Wow, J'ville must have the worst D in the NFL.:stirpot:

kastofsna
10-04-2006, 09:19 AM
actually it's very good.

thunderkyss
10-04-2006, 09:30 AM
you can't tell with TK since he is totally off the wall a good bit of time with some...er, unusual takes....me? Im a full time smart@#!

hmmm..mmm..mm......(biting tongue)......

hold on, I gotta go get a band-aid....

TEXANS84
10-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Old man Brunell ripped that J'ville D?

I have a feeling that Brunell had it out for his old team.

Double Barrel
10-04-2006, 11:26 AM
I admit our defense played like trash last week, but hey, it happens. I bet most fans here would take our defense over yours in a heartbeat.

I, for one, do not look forward to facing your D twice this season.

And I'd take your defense in a micro-second. I think we could put together a few more wins if our D could make consistent stops. It was by the grace of Miami's suckiness that we pulled out a victory last week. But against good teams, I don't have much confidence in our ability to protect a lead, much less put up a good fight right now.

edo783
10-04-2006, 11:33 AM
With J-vills defense we would very likely be 2-2 and possibly 3-1.

DBCooper
10-04-2006, 03:16 PM
With J-vills defense we would very likely be 2-2 and possibly 3-1.

While we're wishing, I wish we had Chicago's D.

Titan "Tack" Fan
10-04-2006, 05:20 PM
I would say they're overrated, but everyone knows how good they really are. They're a pretty good team with a mediocre quarterback.

jagsfanincanada
10-05-2006, 10:22 AM
I have a feeling that Brunell had it out for his old team.

Meh he really didn't play all that well, sure his stats look good but more than 100 of his yards were two pretty short passes than Santana Moss did the rest. He also threw a pick right to Mathis and could have had several other passes picked as well. He played good, but not as good as his stats say.

TEXANRED
10-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Jags D is over-rated. I just looked it up.

14th Total D

23rd passing giving up 225 yards a game

8th rushing giving up 82.2 yards a game

15th in scoring D. 3 run and 6 pass

Yea I know 31 other teams are better than the Texans D but the Jag fans walk around like its a top 5 D when really they are middle of the road average.

Good thing the Texans are a passing O and not a running team.

kastofsna
10-05-2006, 12:24 PM
best d-line in the league, a top 3 shutdown corner in mathis, ya got darius, great linebackers.....great defense.

run-david-run
10-05-2006, 12:40 PM
top 3 corner in mathis? what?? Champ Bailey, DeAngelo Hall, Chris McCallister, Samari Rolle, Nate Clemens, Shawn Springs..all those guys are better then Mathis, he's good, but he's not top 3

real
10-05-2006, 12:54 PM
best d-line in the league, a top 3 shutdown corner in mathis, ya got darius, great linebackers.....great defense.

Just because you have a bunch of individual talents doesn't make them a great defense...they have to play well as a unit...thats the key...You can have a bunch of mediocre players that play better together than a bunch of superstars...

kastofsna
10-05-2006, 01:22 PM
top 3 corner in mathis? what?? Champ Bailey, DeAngelo Hall, Chris McCallister, Samari Rolle, Nate Clemens, Shawn Springs..all those guys are better then Mathis, he's good, but he's not top 3
1: champ bailey
2: terrence newman
3: rashean mathis

i'll hear ya on mccallister, clements and rolle.

i laugh everytime someone mentions deangelo hall.

kastofsna
10-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Just because you have a bunch of individual talents doesn't make them a great defense...they have to play well as a unit...thats the key...You can have a bunch of mediocre players that play better together than a bunch of superstars...
they do play well together.

TEXANRED
10-05-2006, 01:42 PM
they do play well together.

Your right, they do play well. Not great. Playing well ranks you 14th in the league.

They also rank...

22nd on third down % allowing 40%

26th in sacks with 6, behind Houston's D that has 8.

They're average.

Hype does wonders for lots of stuff.

kastofsna
10-05-2006, 02:37 PM
"hype" and "jaguars" don't exist together.