PDA

View Full Version : Who went down on the sideline in 1st quarter?

HomeBred_Texan
10-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Couldn't see from where I was. But in the 1st quarter, with 4 minutes left, something happened on the Texan's sideline and they brought a stretcher out and carted him off the field. Anyone know who it was or what happened?

Just guessing, I thought it was a trainer having major chest pains...

Scooter
10-01-2006, 05:14 PM
i'm pretty sure it was mike brisiel, a offensive guard on our practice squad.

jerek
10-01-2006, 05:19 PM
I don't remember the name but it was an inactive O-lineman. Not sure what happened; didn't see any contact.

HomeBred_Texan
10-01-2006, 05:22 PM
I don't remember the name but it was an inactive O-lineman. Not sure what happened; didn't see any contact.

He just went down. And the way the paramedics were acting, it was serious. I sure didn't know it was a player though...

Did they show or talk about it on TV? Or was this just something that we only saw live?

jerek
10-01-2006, 05:24 PM
He just went down. And the way the paramedics were acting, it was serious. I sure didn't know it was a player though...

Did they show or talk about it on TV? Or was this just something that we only saw live?

They talked about it but never mentioned the condition. Looked like chest pains, seizure or something maybe. He looked okay on the stretcher when they were carting him off, when the camera zoomed in on him.

He was a practice squad lineman, don't remember his name.

texflex513
10-01-2006, 05:24 PM
I think he had a epileptic seizure They said he was ok though and he has had a history of it.

TD
10-01-2006, 05:28 PM
From ESPN LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2609515)

HOUSTON -- Mike Brisiel, a rookie offensive guard on the Houston Texans' practice squad, collapsed on the sideline during the first quarter of Sunday's game against Miami.

Team officials said Brisiel was ill, but his condition was not serious. He was not playing in the game.

Paramedics attended to the 6-foot-5, 300-pound Brisiel with 3:53 left in the quarter, and Texans coach Gary Kubiak immediately called his team to the sideline. As the medical staff worked on Brisiel, reserve guard Brad Bedell and linebacker Troy Evans stood nearby with their helmets off.

After about five minutes, Brisiel got onto a stretcher under his own power and was taken to the locker room.

TexanSam
10-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Hopefully the guy will be ok. That was scary just seeing him lay there for minutes.

Goldeagle
10-01-2006, 10:20 PM
I thought maybe they hit him on the sidelines and he bumped his head because no one caught anything. Glad to know he is doing better.

Marcus
10-01-2006, 10:34 PM
I think he had a epileptic seizure They said he was ok though and he has had a history of it.
That makes perfect sense. Before they put him on the stretcher, he had this dazed look about him, as if he didn't know where he was, and then later, as he was being carted off the field, he mouthed the words, "I can't believe that happened!"

Runner
10-01-2006, 10:36 PM
I thought Bennie had turned to say something to the guy next to him and pulled a groin.

infantrycak
10-01-2006, 10:39 PM
I thought Bennie had turned to say something to the guy next to him and pulled a groin.

Not funny.

Well OK, maybe a little bit.

nunusguy
10-01-2006, 10:43 PM
I think he had a epileptic seizure
Are you serious ? I wouldn't think anyone with epilepsy would be playing football, especially in the NFL.

TEXANS84
10-01-2006, 11:05 PM
He was lying on the ground and I remember his legs shaking violently. The medical staff flipped him to his left side when that started happening.

Marcus
10-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Are you serious ? I wouldn't think anyone with epilepsy would be playing football, especially in the NFL.
Epilepsy is one of many medical conditions that is easily controlled with medication.