PDA

View Full Version : The Truth for the 0-3 start...............

Hulk75
09-30-2006, 11:57 PM
Thought this hit the nail right on the head about our season so far.

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/preview/2006/week04.html

Thanks to the defense allowing opposing teams to march up and down the field, the Texans offense is 31st in time of possession and last with only 51 plays per game. When the offense is on the field, they rank a respectable 14th in the league in yards per play. The Texansí defense is putting a tremendous amount of pressure on the offense to keep games close. In fact, they have forced opponents to punt the ball only six times in three games. If the defense canít get the other teamís offense off the field, the Texans have virtually no chance to win.

texflex513
10-01-2006, 12:27 AM

I agree... if we cant improve on the horrible 68% of 3rd down conversions we are allowing there is no way we can win no matter how good the O plays.

Reddevil63
10-01-2006, 12:30 AM
Its not really news. The defense needs to alot play better, that is painfully obvious, but the offense also needs to do something after the first drive and keep thier own drives going rather than racking up alot of yards in the 4th quarter.

utahmark
10-01-2006, 12:38 AM

nice quote there are a few guys who need to see this.

Tulip
10-01-2006, 12:42 AM
And here I was thinking that it was the offense who had the duty to keep the defense off the field.

utahmark
10-01-2006, 12:47 AM
And here I was thinking that it was the offense who had the duty to keep the defense off the field.

if you read the quote it says the offense is doing a respectable job of doing just that. the problem is they cant keep them off the field the whole game. and we all know what happens once our defense gets on the field.

Reddevil63
10-01-2006, 12:49 AM
Neither side is good enough right now to lay blame on the other so it's pretty much a mute point to argue either way until one starts playing better.

Tulip
10-01-2006, 12:52 AM
Neither side is good enough right now to lay blame on the other so it's pretty much a mute point to argue either way until one starts playing better.

That's quite true. I'm just a little tired of the offense being over-credited because the defense is so terrible.

utahmark
10-01-2006, 12:54 AM
we have been a bad team for 5 years. most years you can pretty much tell which side of the ball we are the least bad at. this year the offense is better than the defense.

hollywood_texan
10-01-2006, 01:01 AM
Stats are only meaningful if a game is in play.

I really don't see either side of the ball doing either side any favors.

I have posted this several times, I skeptical of the offense and mortified by the defense.

I hope the Dolphins only score 14 or 17 points for whatever reasons, and we can see what the offense does with that opportunity. This offense hasn't played all four quarters yet in game.

Tulip
10-01-2006, 01:03 AM
I have posted this several times, I skeptical of the offense and mortified by the defense.

I like that - that's exactly how I feel about the Texans right now.

hollywood_texan
10-01-2006, 02:24 AM
we have been a bad team for 5 years. most years you can pretty much tell which side of the ball we are the least bad at. this year the offense is better than the defense.

Very well said.

Runner
10-01-2006, 08:57 AM

The art of damning with faint praise is not dead.

TK_Gamer
10-01-2006, 09:04 AM
That's quite true. I'm just a little tired of the offense being over-credited because the defense is so terrible.

The truth is our offense is not over-credited, its just the other teams offense is doing so much better because of our putrid defense that it makes a 14th ranked offense look alot worse. just wait and see, if we get one decent defensive effort our offense is gonna pay big dividends. If we hold miama to under 300 yds offense we will win handily. and then our offense can be judged fairly. the one thing we need to do better on offense is the penalties and turnovers, other than that I think we have looked quite promising.

Doug
10-01-2006, 10:18 AM
6 forced punts in 3 games, 2 punts a game! That's something that can't be ignored.