PDA

View Full Version : Dan Wilkinson on Mario Williams

TexanExile
09-30-2006, 09:25 PM
The South Florida Sun-Sentinel ran this article (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-spdolnotes30sep30,0,458071.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front) today, which features an interview with Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson, another 1st-pick DL who underachieved.

In that story, Wilkinson comments that he was never really comfortable during his rookie season and adds: "Hopefully, [Williams] is surrounded by the proper nucleus -- coaching, players and veteran leadership...Surely right now, things are going 100 miles an hour for him. He just needs to have the ability to slow things down. He may not have that ability himself. He needs to have the right nucleus around him to say, `Hey, forget all that other stuff. Let's focus on the introductory fundamentals of the NFL -- techniques, tendencies, and how you evaluate [an opposing] team and player."

Side note: this newspaper picked the Texans to win, saying (paraphrased) Houston's better than 0-3 and that the Dolphins are worse than 1-2.

utahmark
09-30-2006, 10:10 PM
i think we look exactly like an 0 and 3 team.

Texas
09-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Yes but have talent to be alot better if we can get it together

Johnny Utah
09-30-2006, 11:07 PM
Houston's better than 0-3 and that the Dolphins are worse than 1-2.

I guess they haven't watched our first three games.

Txn_in_FL
10-01-2006, 12:25 AM
I guess they haven't watched our first three games.

By no means have we looked good, but for crying out loud, we've played the Eagles, Colts and Redskins. While I was hopefull for a win, in reality, at best we would give them a game. I think today we will start to be a bit more satisfied by performance. This team is just not ready to compete against upper tier competition. We will soon, just not yet.

HJam72
10-01-2006, 06:10 AM
My theory is compicated . . . . we suck.

bigTEXan8
10-01-2006, 12:07 PM
just saw this and i though i would throw it out there...dwight freeney has yet to get a sack this year either.