PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Poll: Outcome vs. Miami

TexansAllTheWayBaby
09-29-2006, 09:59 PM
Please vote honestly. You may post written replies as well.

texanskan
09-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Texans by 10 then two good weeks of practice and another big win in little d.

That puts us 2-3 and the j-ville game back here will a long shot imho.

gtexan02
09-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Texans lose in a stunner. Culpepper returns to form, and their OL gives up only 1 sack.

The dolphins team is very talented. On offense they have a top 5 receiver in chambers, a stud with R. Brown, and a QB who has lost his way (Culpepper).
Their defense is pretty stout, with a great DE in taylor and one of the best MLBs in the league in Thomas.

They are just like the Redskins - a predicted contender who has suffered a terrible start and has lost their way.

I really, really hope I'm wrong and will be cheering louder than ever (we have the best shot at winning this as compared with the previous 3).

Go Texans prove me wrong!!

(PS I have predicted a win every other week and we've lost, so maybe this anti-jinx jinx will help!)

Speedy
09-29-2006, 10:24 PM
If this defense doesn't come up with something different than it's done the 1st 3 weeks, like maybe blitz, or even stop somebody on 3rd down, or be closer than 5 yards to the guy catching the ball, or something crazy like that, I don't see them winning against anyone.

Texans 24-17.:tease:

Scooter
09-29-2006, 11:33 PM
i'm really not sure, but i went texans by 7+. 3 things are going to happen this season, and i hope they happen this week but might not be there yet.

we get aggressive on defense (purely coaching ... rushing 4, admitting it, and failing to adjust is simply pathetic)
mario stops thinking and starts playing
our offensive gameplan becomes more stable and the coaching staff gets more comfortable on that side.

all of those feel like they're about to happen, but havent yet. hopefully they come together this sunday. if they do, i think we're going to win big. if they dont ... well, which quarterback record would culpepper like?

tburdette
09-30-2006, 12:37 AM
Texans lose 24-13.........Carr looks impressive again but our defense just cant stop Ronnie Brown........Mario has 5 tackles and 1 sack

Corrosion
09-30-2006, 08:20 AM
They will lose again , That defense is just abyssmal :brickwall

whiskeyrbl
09-30-2006, 08:46 AM
I'm taking the Texans by 7+. I expect our D to be aggressive this week after Kubes called them out.

TexanBorn51
09-30-2006, 09:28 AM
So if I"m to be wrong someone gonna take my birthday away. Texans beat Dolphins in NFL upset of the day +7 and will take more if they want to give it.

kastofsna
09-30-2006, 11:10 AM
20-17 texans.

edo783
09-30-2006, 11:46 AM
20-17 texans.

about right.

Napa Auto Parts
09-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Dolphins By 17 dont see us stoping Ronnie Brown:yawn:

sleepwalker
09-30-2006, 12:23 PM
This defense is terrible...I seriously doubt they can fix it in one week.

Hervoyel
09-30-2006, 12:24 PM
I'm a little crazy this weekend. I'm predicting that the Texans beat the Dolphins AND the Cougars beat the Hurricanes.

I base this entirely on a prediction made by the world famous rabbit with a pancake on it's head. Here he is now.

http://www-scf.usc.edu/~mrubenst/mikerubenstein.jpg

I think that if these things happen then Miami newspapers are going to be real fun to read come Monday.

ledzeppelin229
09-30-2006, 12:27 PM
Is that like a cheaper substitute for Miss Cleo? I don't know how to read pancake but I'm sure that rabbit eats a lot less and can reside in smaller living quarters than a personal Miss Cleo. If it turns out accurate I might need to research such a thing.

TK_Gamer
09-30-2006, 12:32 PM
demeco , seth, TJ, and Dunta are gonna stuff the run, and mario, weaver and babin are gonna force the passing game out of rythym. I see a 28-10 Texans win, maybe better. 28 might seem like a lot against their D but I see us gettin a couple easy scores off our defense, and Carr is Money for 2 TD drives of his own. call me a homer, I'm sticking with it.

Double Barrel
09-30-2006, 12:49 PM
They will lose again , That defense is just abyssmal :brickwall

Indeed. This team has given us nothing to base any confidence on, so I predict a career day in Culpepper's near future.

:fortune: I see a great 4th quarter in David Carr's future, too

Dolphins - 37
Texans - 28

Goldeagle
09-30-2006, 01:04 PM
24 to 10 Dolphins

I see them like any other team playing us. they get on their feet against us!

texasguy346
09-30-2006, 01:27 PM
I'm a little crazy this weekend. I'm predicting that the Texans beat the Dolphins AND the Cougars beat the Hurricanes.

If I had to pick between which Houston team is more likely to beat their respective Miami counterpart then I'd have to go with the Cougars beating the Hurricanes.

As for the poll I'm feeling pretty optimistic so I went with the Dolphins beating us by less than 7. I hope I'm wrong & I hope this defense has a bad taste in their mouths from these first three games and are prepared to step up to the plate this Sunday. However, I've got no reason to believe they'll perform any better than they have so far.

gtexan02
09-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Let me please put this in perspective:
Houston:
29th in total offense
32nd in total defense

Miami:
26th in total offense
7th in total defense

A bad offense (Miami) going against a terrible defense (Houston) = lots of points
A very bad offense (Houston) going against a great defense (Miami) = few points

The stats say this will be a bad Sunday

dolfantbone
09-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Heres my reply dolphins are gonna smoke the texans!!!

gtexan02
09-30-2006, 02:39 PM
Heres my reply dolphins are gonna smoke the texans!!!

After running out of drugs, the Cowboys already tried that. Didn't really work out too well. Good luck though...

cbnjwill
09-30-2006, 02:47 PM
lets pray the astros pull off a miracle so we have them to cheer for during another miserable nfl season. anyway miami has been underachieving so far and every team seams to overachieve against the texans. ill say miami 31 to 17. two more meaningless touchdowns by the texans in the fourth quarter. after game kubiak puts marios' picture on the back of all milk cartons in houston and a amber alert is issued across the city because this guy is missing

Aztequila
09-30-2006, 03:22 PM
Mario gets his first sack. If he doesnt, then he has a lot of explaining to do given that Culepeper, not Carr, is the leading in the sacked race.

Texas
09-30-2006, 04:51 PM
24-21 Texans

gtexan02
09-30-2006, 07:24 PM
I love how the vote is split: Either Miami wins big or Houston does.

Gfunk
09-30-2006, 08:35 PM
I got a feeling ya'll are gonna be motivated to pull out a win at home this weekend against hurting Miami

Culpepper is a bum behind that Miami offensive line

TexanBorn51
09-30-2006, 09:43 PM

I base this entirely on a prediction made by the world famous rabbit with a pancake on it's head. Here he is now.

I think that if these things happen then Miami newspapers are going to be real fun to read come Monday.
Quazy wabbitt I hope the wabbitt is wite. Great pic and if right I'm going to have sweet syrup with my pancakes tomorrow morning. You see over here in Phoenix I have to watch all my Texan games on my NFL package but ready for this, the games start here at 10 am. That's right ain't used to this being brought up in Texas with noon and 3pm games. I'm just starting to get going around here by then. I still predict on previous posts all year 10-6 and a upset tomorrow with a Texans win.

Hervoyel
09-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Well ok the rabbit was wrong about UH (but just barely). That's ok though because he's batting .500 this year. Tomorrow will still be just fine.

mike moffat
10-01-2006, 10:10 AM

Just curious. What's the rabbit's name?......Buckwheat? I like the idea of using a higher power to predict games. I asked my dog and he told me to check with the rabbit.:hunter:

Hervoyel
10-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Well ok the rabbit was wrong about UH (but just barely). That's ok though because he's batting .500 this year. Tomorrow will still be just fine.

See, the rabbit was right

Actually the rabbit's name was Oolong and he died sometime ago. He belonged to a Japanese guy who used to take pictures of him in all kinds of strange places and with various objects on his head. The rabbit could balance things on his head for some reason or another. Anyway the picture with the pancake proved very popular and became something of an internet meme.

There's more about it here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oolong_%28rabbit%29