PDA

View Full Version : I know the texans have to regret............

jayjordan
09-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like every houston organization over the past 10 years or so make stupid decisions? The rockets with trading almost a whole championship team for charles "2 old" barkley and the texans keeping Carr and not getting Bush or Cutler. Mario Williams is beyond disappointing and Carr was not worth bringing back he would be a better back up.

WildBlackBear32
09-29-2006, 09:12 PM
I hate having the highest rated passer in the league as our QB too.

gtexan02
09-29-2006, 09:21 PM
First off, while I don't think mario is a bust (yet), I'm definitely in the "he sucks at the moment" camp and "we spent way too much on our terrible DL" camp.

That being said, this thread makes me sad. Carr is playing as well as he could be expected to, Bush isn't doing anything that exciting (although he is 'inspring' NO) and Cutler isnt even starting.

texflex513
09-29-2006, 09:55 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like every houston organization over the past 10 years or so make stupid decisions? The rockets with trading almost a whole championship team for charles "2 old" barkley and the texans keeping Carr and not getting Bush or Cutler. Mario Williams is beyond disappointing and Carr was not worth bringing back he would be a better back up.
The only thing is carr is in the 1st year of his extension and mario is in his first year period... repost this in about 2-3 seasons when carr/mario have played a little longer... I truly think the word REGRET wont be in your repost.

TexanSam
09-29-2006, 09:56 PM

Bush or Cutler? No one had Cutler rated as the #1 QB and certainly not as one of the top 5 picks. Heck, he wasn't even in the top 10 (I think he went 11th). I wanted Bush. I didn't blast the Texans for not taking him (and I won't even if Williams becomes a bust) but Williams was the #2 rated player on most teams draft board and the #1 on a few teams (according to radio reports I listened to on and leading up to draft day). So to say Williams was a stupid decision isn't that credible. Yet.

ThaShark316
09-30-2006, 12:21 AM
Only thing the Rockets did remotely wrong, was trade Cassell...and even then I still applaud the Barkley deal. We weren't getting past round 2 with that team we had in 96...wasn't going to happen...period.

Mario won't be considered a bust for a while...so chill with that...and Carr is just fine right now...he'll get better and better as games go.

Maddict5
09-30-2006, 05:13 AM
(although he is 'inspring' NO:rolleyes:)

there you go

Malloy
09-30-2006, 06:27 AM
Wow, one post and trolling already :)

CanadianTexansFan
09-30-2006, 08:12 AM
I don't see the Texans too much, so I cannot say for sure on Mario. But I do think Carr is a half decent QB. He has never had a good 'O' line,never ! and the offensive plays they call for him are terrible., way too predictable.
Get Carr a good 'O' line and he will succeed.

texan_fan_in_tampa_bay
09-30-2006, 08:17 AM
Through three games, David Carr's numbers look like this:

Compl - 59
Att - 82
Pct - 72
Yds - 635
TD - 6
Int - 1
Rate - 113.6
(And he's still one of the Top 5 sacked QBs)

Too many people are forgetting about his talent because he's spent four years trying to get passes off in 0.6 seconds.

Hulk75
09-30-2006, 09:47 AM

Sage tell your cousins to stop.:)

Hulk75
09-30-2006, 09:48 AM

Compl - 59
Att - 82
Pct - 72
Yds - 635
TD - 6
Int - 1
Rate - 113.6

Too many people are forgetting about his talent because he's spent four years trying to get passes off in 0.6 seconds.

Be even better if they were on the field more

LBC_Justin
09-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Is it just me or does it seem like every houston organization over the past 10 years or so make stupid decisions? The rockets with trading almost a whole championship team for charles "2 old" barkley and the texans keeping Carr and not getting Bush or Cutler. Mario Williams is beyond disappointing and Carr was not worth bringing back he would be a better back up.It's just you.

Txn_in_Oki
09-30-2006, 10:12 AM
I regret wasting my time and opening this thread. :shoot:

MrMeToo
09-30-2006, 10:27 AM
I hate having the highest rated passer in the league as our QB too.

Yeah, the one who only shows up in the fourth quarter when we are getting blown out.

Tale Gator
09-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Mods why don't you lock these moronic threads!?

Runner
09-30-2006, 12:04 PM
Mods why don't you lock these moronic threads!?

Personally I don't lock crap threads because the board would be half empty if I did. Maybe I just need to get a more finely tuned crapometer. One that differentiates between entertaining crap, harmless crap, crap, dumb crap, and offensive crap.

Double Barrel
09-30-2006, 12:44 PM
Hindsight is always 20/20.

If you have foresight that is half as good, then you'll make great money working for a professional sports team.

Good luck with all that. :ok:

Tale Gator
09-30-2006, 01:24 PM
Personally I don't lock crap threads because the board would be half empty if I did. Maybe I just need to get a more finely tuned crapometer. One that differentiates between entertaining crap, harmless crap, crap, dumb crap, and offensive crap.

I think you guys need to have a serious discussion on tightening the reigns around here.

:twocents:

Marcus
09-30-2006, 02:26 PM
I think you guys need to have a serious discussion on tightening the reigns around here.:twocents:

Actually, some of you need to discuss how easily you can be baited by some hit & run first-poster. He's got to be laughing his ass off.

OzzO
09-30-2006, 02:30 PM

Welcome to the board ESPN.... great first post. :tease: Agree with LBC, it's just you. Oh, and I think the microwave just went off.

Tulip
09-30-2006, 03:27 PM
Every year, there is one guy who gets overhyped at the combine - and some team inevitably bites. This year it was Cutler. If the Texans didn't already have David Carr, then perhaps they would have bit on the hype. Fortunately, they didn't.

I wonder if, after hyping Cutler to the extreme, ESPN would have laughed at the Texans for choosing Cutler #1 like they did with Mario Williams. Hmmmm...

Tale Gator
09-30-2006, 04:22 PM
Its called freedom of speech. It may have been stupid, but he is entiled to his opinion.

Message boards do not necessarily have freedom of speech - in fact most don't and have specific rules to keep out the knuckleheads.

Ibar_Harry
09-30-2006, 04:32 PM

Compl - 59
Att - 82
Pct - 72
Yds - 635
TD - 6
Int - 1
Rate - 113.6

Add too that two of his top receivers (Gaffney and Bradford) are no longer playing because they couldn't play for other teams. Yes, you begin to understand how bad it was. In reality he had to throw to a back out of the backfield(DD) and to AJ who really doesn't thave the best hands. His numbers are up this year, as much as anything, because we now have a very good receiver core and that has made AJ a better player. Add in the fact that the O-line was the pitts and you might even wonder why his stats were as good as they were. He's a better QB than a lot of you think, but its going to take a while for him to get his confidence back. If that happens you might wonder where was all of this talent before. I just hope it happens for the Texans and David.

NEROtheZERO
09-30-2006, 04:38 PM
Yeah, the one who only shows up in the fourth quarter when we are getting blown out.

1stQ - 154.5
2ndQ - 81.1
3rdQ - 78.0
4thQ - 122.7

FILO_girl
09-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Keep holding on, when my brain is ticking like a bomb....

Sing along, mocking bird....you don't affect me....

Thats right...Deliver it to my board....please strike....

Wait! I'm starting to sufficate...

I'm trying to hold it together...not getting better....not getting better...

Wait! The boards' Coming Undone....

I love that song, but y'all sure mimic it. I wonder how I get it on the Reliant playlist...

Thats right....:jam:

Mellow out and leave the mods alone. They do a hellaoutstanding job here.

dantem
09-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Wow this is a new thought, you should call in to 610 and get the word out.

jayjordan
10-16-2006, 04:39 AM
Everyone keeps talking about carr's stats. Stats mean nothing without wins. Stats are only good for fantasy football. We need a run game. I wouldnt mind carr if he would just run when he sees opportunity and quit holding the ball, he still plays a little to timid.

xfive4x
10-16-2006, 07:39 AM
Coming from a Jags fan, be patient. When the Jaguars drafted Marcus Stroud we had fans saying all the same things that many of you guys are saying about Mario. Mario also plays at a premium position, in a tough conference. He is going up against some pretty doggon good pass blockers. His athletic ability is off the charts, and once he gets a year or two under his belt he could be a nightmare. Spending money on the line, DLine or Oline, generally comes with great rewards. Be patient, because I fear many of you will have eat your words about Mario.

Vinny
10-16-2006, 07:59 AM
Mods why don't you lock these moronic threads!?Personally I don't lock crap threads because the board would be half empty if I did. Maybe I just need to get a more finely tuned crapometer. One that differentiates between entertaining crap, harmless crap, crap, dumb crap, and offensive crap.I think you guys need to have a serious discussion on tightening the reigns around here.

:twocents:
we don't tell you guys what to post so if you don't like a thread stay out of it. Tighten it up yourself.

phantom17
10-16-2006, 08:05 AM
:cryingIs it just me or does it seem like every houston organization over the past 10 years or so make stupid decisions? The rockets with trading almost a whole championship team for charles "2 old" barkley and the texans keeping Carr and not getting Bush or Cutler. Mario Williams is beyond disappointing and Carr was not worth bringing back he would be a better back up.

My biggest regret is that I wasted my friggin time reading this crap! This post is BEYOND disappointing! :yawn: :rolleyes:

texan279
10-16-2006, 08:09 AM

Why do some people come around 5 games in the season to share their dislike with the Mario pick instead of doing it before the season starts or even during preseason? Was you crystal ball somewhow broken between the draft and now? Some of you guys are funny with jumping off and on bandwagons and coming around to let everyone know you agree with the flavor of the day...

thunderkyss
10-16-2006, 08:12 AM
First off, while I don't think mario is a bust (yet), I'm definitely in the "he sucks at the moment" camp and "we spent way too much on our terrible DL" camp.

If Mario Williams was getting outplayed by Babin, Weaver, or ND Kalu, then I'd think you have a point. But he's the best thing on our line, as a 5 game rookie. maybe that says more about our DLine than Mario, but it even that would be a reason to be thankful that Mario is here.

I like Babin, I like TJ, but you can't blame Kubiak for the money they are getting. If they weren't recent draft picks, Kubiak would probably got rid of them already too....... they're only here, because they are young, and Kubiak thinks they might be able to salvage them.

If Babin & TJ don't pick it up, and start making some noise, expect us to spend even more money on our DL, there is no other way around it, the DLine is just that important....

& if you don't want Babin & TJ to succeed, then you have to start rooting for guys like N.D.Kalu, Thomas Johnson, Malone, and Cochran. I think Kalu's starter days are behind him, and ThomasJohnson, Malone, & Cochran are lucky that teams like ours need backups.

mexican_texan
10-16-2006, 08:18 AM
I know the Texans have to regret Aramark

thunderkyss
10-16-2006, 08:40 AM
Why do some people come around 5 games in the season to share their dislike with the Mario pick instead of doing it before the season starts or even during preseason? Was you crystal ball somewhow broken between the draft and now? Some of you guys are funny with jumping off and on bandwagons and coming around to let everyone know you agree with the flavor of the day...

Bad thing is that Mario had a great game today.

Dallas' first play from scrimmage was a 10 yard run away from Mario. Babin grabs JJs belt, and goes for a ride.

Dallas' second snap of their first possession. Mario is tripple teamed by Crayton, Witten, and Flozelle Adams. At the snap, JJ takes the ball to run off tackle, towards Mario. But Mario is already moving all three offensive players into JJs lane, so JJ stretches it to the sideline. Sanders is playing contain on the sideline, and CC is behind him, waiting for JJ to come around the corner. Mario splits what is left of the double team, and is free, when JJ makes a great cut behind Flozelle, and Mario is out of the play because JJ went behind Flo. CC gets behind Flo as well, and drops JJ for no gain.

That was one of those awesome plays, showing Mario's speed, power, and influence on a play, that doesn't get mentioned.

thunderkyss
10-16-2006, 08:52 AM
Bad thing is that Mario had a great game today.

Dallas' first play from scrimmage was a 10 yard run away from Mario. Babin grabs JJs belt, and goes for a ride.

Dallas' second snap of their first possession. Mario is tripple teamed by Crayton, Witten, and Flozelle Adams. At the snap, JJ takes the ball to run off tackle, towards Mario. But Mario is already moving all three offensive players into JJs lane, so JJ stretches it to the sideline. Sanders is playing contain on the sideline, and CC is behind him, waiting for JJ to come around the corner. Mario splits what is left of the double team, and is free, when JJ makes a great cut behind Flozelle, and Mario is out of the play because JJ went behind Flo. CC gets behind Flo as well, and drops JJ for no gain.

That was one of those awesome plays, showing Mario's speed, power, and influence on a play, that doesn't get mentioned.

To anyone thinking I don't know a good running back when I see one, this is really a good play by JJ, and I believe Morency could've made such a cut. This added dimension to the running back would help greatly when your Oline is struggling like ours.

I understand that our running backs (Dayne & Gado) are nowhere near as athletic as JJ or even Morency... But in this system, that is not what we need. The extra speed would be great, & JJ would probably do pretty good in this system........ like Clinton Portis.

But until our guys can stretch the line, or maintain a block for half a second, even JJ would not do very well. I would rather the team learn to do the right thing, than to rely on the running back to make a great play.

If there is somebody like JJ, MichaelTurner, Portis, Larry Johnson, or Ladanian Tomlinson on the FA list, or the Waiver list, I'm all for it. Let's get them. But I think these two guys are gifts from former organizations, and were the best things available at the time.

It's a philosophical issue, whether you trade Morency for Gado, two rookies and one vet, or two vets and a rookie..... but I bet the guys in Greenbay would love to have Gado back. The fans anyway.

Heywood
10-16-2006, 09:21 AM
Bush or Cutler? No one had Cutler rated as the #1 QB and certainly not as one of the top 5 picks. Heck, he wasn't even in the top 10 (I think he went 11th).

i strongly supported the MW pick at the time and i'm not a revisionist.

but, your statements about cutler are incorrect. there were professional scouts (as opposed to internet monkeyspanks) who had him the #1 QB in the draft and a top-5 talent.

if there were a re-draft, he'd go in the top 5, as would leinart by the way.

bush would go #5 at best, by the way, in such a scenario. and, to have some fun, demeco might go ahead of bush. demeco is the next zach thomas.

Vinny
10-16-2006, 09:22 AM
if there were a re-draft, he'd go in the top 5, as would leinart by the way.

indeed

jayjordan
10-16-2006, 10:07 PM
:stooges: Why do some people come around 5 games in the season to share their dislike with the Mario pick instead of doing it before the season starts or even during preseason? Was you crystal ball somewhow broken between the draft and now? Some of you guys are funny with jumping off and on bandwagons and coming around to let everyone know you agree with the flavor of the day...

First and foremost I didnt agree with drafting mario from the beginning it didnt make sense. But again who didnt share their dislike with the decision to get mario in the beginning.

My biggest regret is that I wasted my friggin time reading this crap! This post is BEYOND disappointing! :yawn: :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

So why did you post something *****. Normal people would have exited out of the thread but you kept reading and posted a comment.

Its funny how people hide behind a computer and say all types of things and think they know football and never played a down in their life.:deadhorse :

texan_fan_8
10-16-2006, 10:56 PM

That being said, this thread makes me sad. Carr is playing as well as he could be expected to, Bush isn't doing anything that exciting (although he is 'inspring' NO) and Cutler isnt even starting.

We forgot vince young. He did something david carr didn't. He beat Washington.

ThaShark316
10-17-2006, 12:16 AM
Disclaimer: the smilie " :twocents: " does not make ur point smart, nor valid.

jhowie007
10-17-2006, 01:01 AM
Horry was drafted over ten years ago.

Mario was a wasted draft pick either way you look at it. Feel luck the Texans at least got DeMeco Ryans who will be one ofg the best players out of the '06 draft. Based on Casserly's draft record... I would call that an accident.

I also hate to say it, but I have a feeling Andre Johnson is not going to want to be a future part of this franchise if they do not start making better decisions. We can't afford to come up short on draft oppurtunities. When you have the #1 pick, you take the #1 player. The Texans lost 15 touchdowns this year by not drafting R Bush. They have absolutely NO running game.

As a 3rd year season ticket holder, I am very frustrated. I am praying that we do not have a franchise that will will have a losing tradition like the Lions or Saints prior to this year. Based on the decisions I have seen thus far, it worries me that we are in for at least a couple of more long seasons.

dirty steve
10-17-2006, 01:16 AM
We forgot vince young. He did something david carr didn't. He beat Washington.

so non-conference wins are the barometer now? end this debate. GET OVER IT. minus yesterday's game, carr has been solid. if the coaching staff decides a change is necessary, then so be it. i personally think more attention needs to go to the guys giving the QB time (or lack thereof). this 5-year OL problem is got old a long time ago.

kingh99
10-17-2006, 08:35 AM

Asking Gary Kubiak to be objective about drafting a longhorn with the first pick. To be honest Mario, Reggie and Vince have all looked like they are going to be good in the NFL. It's just that Vince already has em jacked up in Tenn and we have this unimaginative, risk averse lump of Carr.

texan279
10-17-2006, 08:46 AM
:stooges:

First and foremost I didnt agree with drafting mario from the beginning it didnt make sense. But again who didnt share their dislike with the decision to get mario in the beginning.

My biggest regret is that I wasted my friggin time reading this crap! This post is BEYOND disappointing! :yawn: :rolleyes:

So why did you post something *****. Normal people would have exited out of the thread but you kept reading and posted a comment.

Its funny how people hide behind a computer and say all types of things and think they know football and never played a down in their life.:deadhorse :[/QUOTE]

Is there really a reason to call me names? And I don't hide behind anything, and FYI I played 8 years of football up to the college level and spent a little time playing past the college level, so if you don't have a clue what you are talking about maybe you shouldn't open your mouth. Have a great day.