PDA

View Full Version : Looking at other defenses around the league...

phan1
09-27-2006, 04:20 AM
We have 3 first round picks on that Dline and our Dline sucks. But let's take a look at other dissappointments/surprises around the league:

Dissappointments:

NY Giants: They're supposed to have 2 probowlers on that line? You could have fooled me, cause that Dline isn't doing much. I've caught a couple games, and their Dline is not playing up to par.

Carolina: Aren't they supposed to have the best Dline in football? Well Atlanta gashed them on the run, and they gave up 21 pts to the Simm's Bucs.

Surprises:

Minnesotta: i can't name a single damn player on that defense. All I know is that they're pretty good, finally shutting down Grossman's mean streak.

St Louis: Again, I can hardly name anyone that hasn't moved on since their super-bowl run, but they're good for some reason.

So after seeing this, I'm really at a loss on what the Texans need to do to fix their defense. Any clue what the heck we're doing here?

Maddict5
09-27-2006, 06:46 AM
We have 3 first round picks on that Dline and our Dline sucks. But let's take a look at other dissappointments/surprises around the league:

Dissappointments:

NY Giants: They're supposed to have 2 probowlers on that line? You could have fooled me, cause that Dline isn't doing much. I've caught a couple games, and their Dline is not playing up to par.

Carolina: Aren't they supposed to have the best Dline in football? Well Atlanta gashed them on the run, and they gave up 21 pts to the Simm's Bucs.

Surprises:

Minnesotta: i can't name a single damn player on that defense. All I know is that they're pretty good, finally shutting down Grossman's mean streak.

St Louis: Again, I can hardly name anyone that hasn't moved on since their super-bowl run, but they're good for some reason.

So after seeing this, I'm really at a loss on what the Texans need to do to fix their defense. Any clue what the heck we're doing here?

dont know st louis' line except for leonard little.....

but minnesota has 1st rounders..kenechi udeze, erasmus james, kevin williams on the line as well as pat williams- i expected their d-line to be dominant- like ours (sob)....agreed about the giants and carolina though....throw the bucs in there also

thunderkyss
09-27-2006, 08:44 AM
did anyone notice that Minnesota also did not record a sack against Washington??

kastofsna
09-27-2006, 08:47 AM
it was carolina's d-line that destroyed chris simms' spleen.

Maddict5
09-27-2006, 09:14 AM
behind a non-stellar o-line.... i saw their game v the falcs and there was 0 pass rush

kastofsna
09-27-2006, 09:52 AM
they're better now than then. kris jenkins is much healthier, which is all that matters. best DT in the game, he changes the game when he's healthy.

hobie
09-27-2006, 10:28 AM
Well the Giants have a new D-Co so thats a start. He's taking the blame for thier bad playing, saying that he isn't calling the right plays. Well that does play a part in it, as we can attest to bad D play calling in the past here. Still , the 2 ends they have should be able to compansate for that bad play calling...
I thnk alot has to do with the fact that those 2 teams were listed as NFC championship teams, and it might have gotten to thier heads some thinking they would walk over thier foes...nothing worse that listening to the critics and writers and believing half of what they say.. Still too early to tell on those 2 teams, but I believe they both will still make it to the playoffs.

As for the Texans probs....that is one for the ages..too many holes to pinpoint the problem, 1 besets the other. They are our team for better or worse, lets just hope the better comes soon..