09-26-2006, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the reminder.

Hulk75
09-26-2006, 07:54 PM
And he said?

dat_boy_yec
09-26-2006, 07:59 PM
And he said?

What you would expect him to say. I didn't catch all of it, but what I heard was things like. "As a receiver of course you want to see more passes, but the coaching staff believes in getting the running game going and we do gotta do a better job at that." "I wasn't involved in any personnel decisions, but they're based on what the coach thinks will help the team the most all we can do is try to help the guys that are coming in." He then answered a question about why he chose to come to Houston. I guess someone else can elaborate, but those are just some of the things that I picked up.

Texans_Chick
09-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Kubiak was very emotional after the game. "Almost crying" Talking about how much our community deserves to win.

Told guys to go home to be with their families and to come back fresh on Monday.

powerfuldragon
09-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Kubiak was very emotional after the game. "Almost crying" Talking about how much our community deserves to win.
Kubiak Cares.

Capers?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/TheKingOfBums/g_capers_275.jpg

Hulk75
09-26-2006, 08:33 PM
Kubiak Cares.

Capers?

That look,^^^^ to the one I have for my Avatar..................

edo783
09-26-2006, 08:50 PM
That look,^^^^ to the one I have for my Avatar..................

Gee, I don't see any difference.:yikes:

Grid
09-26-2006, 08:53 PM
DEJAVU!

:francis:Dom Capers bad spirit is trapped in kubiak's body and is now still obsessed with the running game......(j/k)!!!

:rolleyes:

Well it is a true statement.. it was true when Capers said it too.. he just couldnt do it.

Honestly id be disappointed if we hired the offensive coordinator that was in charge of the most prolific running game in the last decade..and he WASNT focused on creating that same success here.

Grid
09-26-2006, 09:06 PM
If we wanted to be like the colts then we should have hired Martz or the colts OC as our HC.

Rightnow
09-26-2006, 09:15 PM

Told guys to go home to be with their families and to come back fresh on Monday.

Moulds said Kubiak was on the verge of tears?

I agree that the community deserves a win, but I am a bit concerned the guy is tearing up. This could work out, but then again it might go badly. When a man in a leadership position cries before his subordinates it only goes one of two ways, either he gains respect because the subordinates see the passion, or he loses respect because the men see him as weak.

Now I really hope we beat Miami this Sunday or Gary may lose the team for the year.

Grid
09-26-2006, 09:18 PM
It works for Vermeil :D

blockhead83
09-26-2006, 09:25 PM
It works for Vermeil :D

My thoughts exactly. People read way too much into Kubiak's maneurisms, much as they did with Capers. Because he sounds depressed in his press conference he isn't confident anymore. Because he got emotional after a bad loss and poor showing in front of a home crowd he isn't displaying the signs of a great leader. That kinda stuff irks me because I think people try to imply that these little ticky tack things are part of the reason why we're losing. It all hinges on success on the field folks, what expression Kubiak wears on the sidelines has no bearing on how we'll do in the game. Success or failure does not teeter on Kubiak's demeanor.

Johnny Utah
09-26-2006, 09:26 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/video/sports/2001/01/12/vermeil_presser.jpg

Kubiak, you gotta learn to handle it.

The Pencil Neck
09-26-2006, 09:26 PM
If we wanted to be like the colts then we should have hired Martz or the colts OC as our HC.

We could have hired Satan Manning as our HC?

wrestler4life
09-26-2006, 10:26 PM
To me, crying is not showing weakness. He was showing how much he cares for his team.
Now, if he asks for a group hug......????????

gtexan02
09-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Maybe he's crying because he knows this is his shot at being a HC, and he thinks he's blowing it

Nbkan
09-26-2006, 10:43 PM
There's no crying in Football!

I had too, it doesn't bother me one bit, but if it becomes a habit it may...will check in after next week to see what happens, but this week is a must win. We need some damn fire, keep rolling no matter what setbacks we have. Never quit, never give up and dammit lets make some adjustments...be pro-active not re-active.

Ibar_Harry
09-26-2006, 11:41 PM
I wish us well, but its stubborness that seems to be the problem again. We are not a RUNNING TEAM. We do not have the personnel to be a RUNNING TEAM. We have great receivers. USE THEM! So what if its not what everyone else does. USE THEM! I keep saying that's what the 49ers with Walsh and Montana did. Then when they ran the ball they were effective. The passing game set up the running game. Of course that's opposite the norm, but does it really matter.

You see the same thing on the defensive side of the ball. You have to challenge with the blitz and hope they make a mistake because of it. Again, stubborness we need to have the front 4 develop a pass rush. Well, that is BS because we aren't getting it done and we are being eaten alive by long drives we can't stop. 3rd downs have been a nightmare for us.

When Kubiak came here he said all the right things. He said he would do what his players do best. I believed him. His real problem is he simply won't gamble with the truth. The truth is this team does not have the personnel to do it the way he wants to do it. Capers had the very same problem. They wanted to go out and RUN RUN RUN the ball, but they never went out and got solid running backs. They go out and get passing QB's, new excellent TE's and WR's. Now why you do that if you want to run the ball is beyond me.

However, you have some of the best receivers in the NFL so why try to be what you are not. USE THEM! USE THEM! Make the other team sweat. I don't know of any other way to put it.

I still think Kubiak has an excellent mind but he is letting the pressure get to him rather than relaxing and saying you know I do have a lot of talent on this team, but I have to be a flexible coach. A smart coach who should some day be in the hall of fame. All the great coaches adapt to their players rather than having the players adapt to them. That is one of the hall marks of the great coaches. Winning transends their EGO's.

Nbkan
09-26-2006, 11:49 PM
I wish us well, but its stubborness that seems to be the problem again. We are not a RUNNING TEAM. We do not have the personnel to be a RUNNING TEAM. We have great receivers. USE THEM! So what if its not what everyone else does. USE THEM! I keep saying that's what the 49ers with Walsh and Montana did. Then when they ran the ball they were effective. The passing game set up the running game. Of course that's opposite the norm, but does it really matter.

You see the same thing on the defensive side of the ball. You have to challenge with the blitz and hope they make a mistake because of it. Again, stubborness we need to have the front 4 develop a pass rush. Well, that is BS because we aren't getting it done and we are being eaten alive by long drives we can't stop. 3rd downs have been a nightmare for us.

When Kubiak came here he said all the right things. He said he would do what his players do best. I believed him. His real problem is he simply won't gamble with the truth. The truth is this team does not have the personnel to do it the way he wants to do it. Capers had the very same problem. They wanted to go out and RUN RUN RUN the ball, but they never went out and got solid running backs. They go out and get passing QB's, new excellent TE's and WR's. Now why you do that if you want to run the ball is beyond me.

However, you have some of the best receivers in the NFL so why try to be what you are not. USE THEM! USE THEM! Make the other team sweat. I don't know of any other way to put it.

I still think Kubiak has an excellent mind but he is letting the pressure get to him rather than relaxing and saying you know I do have a lot of talent on this team, but I have to be a flexible coach. A smart coach who should some day be in the hall of fame. All the great coaches adapt to their players rather than having the players adapt to them. That is one of the hall marks of the great coaches. Winning transends their EGO's.

I couldn't have said it better...as a former salesperson basically same motto SWAT (sell whats available today)...to put this in football terms use what you have around you to the best of your ability. Don't try to fit a square peg in a round hole...flow with what you got. Great great post, mucho kudos.

Cruuuuuuuz
09-26-2006, 11:49 PM
Man...i miss Sam's Boat! St. Patrick's Night RULES there!
Well i have a remedy for the hangover we call our defense...
Keep them off the field.
Our offense needs to step up...not by waiting for some non-exsistent running game to develop...but by passing the ball.
We dont have Bush, we dont have Davis..let's utilize our STRENGTHS
and that will help the whole team get better.
ERIC MOULDS, AJ, & Daniels can catch and run...lets get them the ball.
Right now Tom Brady is the "King of the 6yd pass"...but David Carr easily could be. Let's face it...it's his destiny!

I had to edit...cuz those guys snuck in there posts while i was typing mine out...the last 2 posts i agree with 126%!!!!

SemperFiTexans
09-27-2006, 12:20 AM
Who knows by utilizing the short passes it would open up a deep ball here and there. :mario:

TreWardTxn
09-27-2006, 12:22 AM
I couldn't have said it better...as a former salesperson basically same motto SWAT (sell whats available today)...to put this in football terms use what you have around you to the best of your ability. Don't try to fit a square peg in a round hole...flow with what you got. Great great post, mucho kudos.

Since when did the Texans [I]ever[I] come close to anything resembling a passing team? The offense line can't stand Carr up long enough to throw the ball. Kubiak knows that if his team can't run the ball, eventually teams will tee off on the QB, he's got to get the running game going in order to play off of that. All those yards Carr throws for after the Texans are down three touches are empty yards; defenses will gladly give that up to not get hit over the topl they don't indicate that the team has an effective passing game like some of us hope it does...

infantrycak
09-27-2006, 12:29 AM
Since when did the Texans [I]ever[I] come close to anything resembling a passing team?

1st half of 2004 when they were on pace for 4400 passing yards and the rushing game was sucking. Sorry was that rhetorical?

All those yards Carr throws for after the Texans are down three touches are empty yards;.

Try looking up the splits and telling us when Carr has the highest completion %, ypa, 1st downs, throws over 20 yds and QB rating this year. Pssst--hint, it isn't the 4th.

Nbkan
09-27-2006, 12:30 AM
Since when did the Texans [i]ever[i] come close to anything resembling a passing team? The offense line can't stand Carr up long enough to throw the ball. Kubiak knows that if his team can't run the ball, eventually teams will tee off on the QB, he's got to get the running game going in order to play off of that. All those yards Carr throws for after the Texans are down three touches are empty yards; defenses will gladly give that up to not get hit over the topl they don't indicate that the team has an effective passing game like some of us hope it does...

Tre I agree with you but they never directed to go in that direction. Mind when we aren't fumbling snaps or committing penalties, I believe this team could pass in this league. Yeah I know our OL is patchwork at best, but each week they are looking a bit better. I ain't going to make any excuses as far as injuries are concerned but what could it hurt to try something new. Just my :twocents: .

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-27-2006, 02:46 AM
Kubiak Cares.

Capers?

Great pick of Capers, truely the best, my wife and I cried we were laughing so hard, Good ol Dom always looked like some frog trying to catch some flies passing by...........:tease:

TK_Gamer
09-27-2006, 03:26 AM
Originally Posted by TreWardTxn
Since when did the Texans [i]ever[i] come close to anything resembling a passing team? The offense line can't stand Carr up long enough to throw the ball. Kubiak knows that if his team can't run the ball, eventually teams will tee off on the QB, he's got to get the running game going in order to play off of that. All those yards Carr throws for after the Texans are down three touches are empty yards; defenses will gladly give that up to not get hit over the topl they don't indicate that the team has an effective passing game like some of us hope it does...

what games are you watching? Carr has shown he can beat the cover 2 zone or man, something very tough to do, our recievers have run excellent routes, the best ive seen for the texans. owen daniels has been open on the edge of a zone coverage repeatedly and AJ has beat his man beautifully time and time again. I could care less about the deep ball, its tied to the run and man coverage, wich you only get when you successfully run the ball off tackle. I havent seen a game this year that was lost because of the offense directly, they were all lost by penalties and the inability of the defense to stop a team on 3rd down. we fix that and we will win football games, period.

SESupergenius
09-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Our offense is deceptive, we rank at the lower end of the league in yards per game, yet our QB has the best QB rating. Carr has been great in the interception department, but when you factor in fumbles and equate that turnovers, we are middle of the pack in the turnover department in the league. If they can stop with the fumbles on the center exchange and possibley get a couple more turnovers on defense, we have a chance on winning some games.

NEROtheZERO
09-27-2006, 10:26 AM
I thought something notable that Moulds said was that Kubiak wasn't able to get all of the personell he wanted this season due to salary cap restraints and contracts from the previous regime. This is something I have said before and something we should consider when analyzing the team. Moulds said next season we should see a team much more aligned with Kubiak's scheme.

HOU-TEX
09-27-2006, 10:46 AM
Our offense is deceptive, we rank at the lower end of the league in yards per game, yet our QB has the best QB rating.

I think this has a lot to do with the lack of running game. I'm not going to say it's a bad running game because it's not. If the D would get off the field and keep opponents off the scoreboard, I'm willing to bet those total yard per game stats would go up a decent amount.:twocents:

aj.
09-27-2006, 11:50 AM
I thought something notable that Moulds said was that Kubiak wasn't able to get all of the personell he wanted this season due to salary cap restraints and contracts from the previous regime. This is something I have said before and something we should consider when analyzing the team. Moulds said next season we should see a team much more aligned with Kubiak's scheme.

We will be feeling the effects of Walker, Wade and Smith through '07.

NEROtheZERO
09-27-2006, 12:00 PM
We will be feeling the effects of Walker, Wade and Smith through '07.

Right, but better sooner than later right?

You have to weigh your options. I would assume that these players' contracts, based on their performance, would be more detrimental to the team than paying the hit and letting them go. Obviously that has been decided by the FO. Anyone have the numbers handy that would show what these players would cost throughtout the duration of their contracts versus letting them go this season and paying the hit?

Like I've said before, sometimes it is better to take one step backward in order to take two steps forward.

Hulk75
09-27-2006, 12:42 PM

I was thinking the samething the other day, you know Carr was NOT a running QB in college, he throw the ball 40 times a game, he was pretty much like Carson Palmer style accept he could run, so Palmer thought to make him effective untill they got lineman was to run him out of the pockett more. And what I see is that I think Kubiak wants to throw the ball 30 or maybe even 40 times a game but we cant get our Defense to put us back on the field, Carr is 25 in the NFL in attempts????????