PDA

View Full Version : What About the Fans?

Careener
09-26-2006, 02:41 PM
I think one of the Texans’ biggest problems is that they don’t show much concern for the wishes of their fans. They seem to think we’re there for the privilege of watching what they’re doing (struggling to win games) whereas they should instead be focusing on giving us what we want to see (good football and entertainment and, hopefully, wins). That way, we can still be reasonably entertained and share in the responsibility even if their performance isn’t the greatest.

My guess is that a majority of fans were not enthused about Carr returning this year. Anyone watching last season would have known that the roof would have blown off the stadium with cheers if they had taken Carr out for a while to see if a back-up quarterback could do better. That situation may return soon.

There’s no doubt that fans were alienated big-time by the Mario-over-Bush decision and there was a sizeable element (though not a majority) that would have preferred Vince Young. The Mario decision seems just as insane now as it did when it happened, even though he may yet do great things.

There are other things, as well, such as traffic, parking, concession stand lines, club seats that are so overpriced that that section is sparsely attended, etc., that diminish the game experience. I have shelled out big bucks for PSLs and season tickets for my whole family and I’m worried that this season will be another big downer like it was last year. I want wins but I’d settle for a good show, valiant efforts, positive team spirit, visible goodwill toward the fans and smart-appearing decisions that make the fans feel like the team is on the right track.

Hulk75
09-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Yea maybe if his rating drops a little maybe 20 pts, O Waite that still puts him in the 90's.

Big J
09-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Bob McNair is focused on one thing and that is bringing a superbowl victory to Houston. While I feel that every fan wants to realize that goal, the issue has become what sacrifices we (the fans) must make in order to achieve it.

As a Business man, Mr. McNair should understand that the bottom line is making a product that satisfy's his customers. His decision to pick Mario Williams over Reggie Bush was a long term decision based on the coaching staff's/Casserly's opinion.

The short-term implications are we will suffer loses for another 2-3 years and have to deal with watching a team that looks like it would lose to Ohio State. (Joke)

Do I wish currently we had Reggie Bush. Of course. But if we can win the Super Bowl within the next 6 years, it will have been worth the wait.

At least most of you are in Houston...I have to deal with Indy/Bears/Bengals fans at my school. People laugh at me when I wear my AJ jersey. Hopefully we can have the last laugh.

DBCooper
09-26-2006, 02:57 PM
1. The Texans and the fans want the same thing: To win football games.

2. I think David Carr is still a fan favorite.

3. Most people may have wanted Bush or Young, but I don't think "alienate"
is the right word.

We may be entertained by football, but it is about winning. We all want to win. Give me a shutdown D and a bland offense that does enough to win (Ravens Super Bowl team). We don't need the flash and dash. Just play with fundamentals. Everyone will be happy.

Wordem
09-26-2006, 03:57 PM

This might be one of the funniest things I've ever read.

HOU-TEX
09-26-2006, 04:01 PM

3. Most people may have wanted Bush or Young, but I don't think "alienate"
is the right word.

We may be entertained by football, but it is about winning. We all want to win. Give me a shutdown D and a bland offense that does enough to win (Ravens Super Bowl team). We don't need the flash and dash. Just play with fundamentals. Everyone will be happy.

To the women

caspian
09-26-2006, 04:05 PM

Not so...people will pay to watch certain players play whether they won or not. Barry Sanders, John Elway (early years), Michael Vick, Reggie Bush,...

Winning gets fans, sure...but, if you can't win, a freak superstar will get butts in the seats also.

Wordem
09-26-2006, 04:11 PM
Not so...people will pay to watch certain players play whether they won or not. Barry Sanders, John Elway (early years), Michael Vick, Reggie Bush,...

. . . native Houstonian Vince Young.

chuckm
09-26-2006, 04:13 PM
. . . native Houstonian Vince Young.

Heyyyyyyy you're back ....... haven't heard from you since a few days before the draft ....... How was your Summer?

Meisterman
09-26-2006, 04:18 PM
I'd prefer seeing Reggie Bush with the potential of breaking a big one :drool: ...over a DE getting manhandled by a TE and pushed 5 yards off the line of scrimage most of whole game.

In the words of Maximus "Are you not entertained?"....errr...not really.

Wordem
09-26-2006, 04:25 PM
How was your Summer?

Excellent, thank you.

DBCooper
09-26-2006, 04:25 PM

Winning gets fans, sure...but, if you can't win, a freak superstar will get butts in the seats also.

I'd rather win. You should ask the Texans what they would rather have.

To Wordem:

And just because a few people around here want Carr shipped off, doesn't mean he's not a fan favorite.

Wordem
09-26-2006, 04:27 PM
And just because a few people around here want Carr shipped off, doesn't mean he's not a fan favorite.

A few???? That's funny.

The Houston Texans are the new New Orleans Saints.

real
09-26-2006, 04:28 PM

Few People around here....Lots of people out there

Carr is not a fan favorite....period

AggieTexanFan
09-26-2006, 04:50 PM
He is the QB of this team and I support him. We have many more glaring needs of this team, other than to bash Carr, who is one of 3 players on this team playing well.

Does he f*ck up, sure, but with a 0-3 record just about everyone is ******** up somewhere.

The team must improve, there is not one player in this league right now that you put in our starting line up on either side of the ball that makes this team a winner.

1) We all just wanted to see improvement, and in some areas we have. Carr is finally treating AJ like a #1 receiver and getting him the ball.

2) The team finally got us a weapon at #2 WR

3) We finally have a suitable ball hawk at MLB in Ryans to replace Sharper

4) TJ is finally playing with a mean streak and looking like a 1st round pick

5) We are finally getting the ball to the TE end position, something not seen since Billy Miller's exciting 02 season.

So there are some positives, but as everyone on this board knows we could all list 100 pages of bad things as well. But as the season goes, and as we hopefully and slowly add more positives to this list, the team will be making improvement

No one realisticly saw us making the SB this year, and we were the worst team in the NFL last year. So we have to slowly pull ourselves out of this funk, and we all know it is a long road to glory, but those days are coming. Just look at the growing pains Cinny went through all those years, laoding up on high 1st round picks and now look at the caliper team they have. Everyone wants to win now I know, but this is the point that this franchise is at right now. A new era is here, but we still have to take our knocks and go on.

just my .02

Aztequila
09-26-2006, 08:32 PM
I don't think David Carr is the problem with this team. In fact I think he is paying the best football I have seen him play. Our problem is that we can't come up with the big plays on D like sacks and interceptions. Until we can create turn overs that help the offense that is still trying to find its way, we might have a chance to be competitive. Also, we need a runner.

dat_boy_yec
09-26-2006, 08:42 PM
A few???? That's funny.

The Houston Texans are the new New Orleans Saints.

WRONG!!! The new NO Saints are 3-0 we're the complete opposite of that. :crutch:

Mr. B
09-26-2006, 11:36 PM
With Regard to McNair and the team.

I am freinds with someone who does work for Mr. McNair (won't toss his name out here to get trashed). I cannot tell you if this is the truth or if he is bull****ting as it could go either way. But he said that McNair is not that interested so to speak about the Texans; yes as a business option but that's it.. He pretty much has the attitude that they will not do much this year.

He is more interested and happy with his Race horse and breeding operations.

Like I said can't confirm or deny but there it is.

sleepwalker
09-26-2006, 11:42 PM
I don't think David Carr is the problem with this team. In fact I think he is paying the best football I have seen him play. Our problem is that we can't come up with the big plays on D like sacks and interceptions. Until we can create turn overs that help the offense that is still trying to find its way, we might have a chance to be competitive. Also, we need a runner.

I totally agree, Carr is the #1 rated passer in the NFL after 3 games.

Grid
09-27-2006, 12:36 AM
sigh... I dont know why im going to bother replying in this thread.

Just want to point out that anyone dogging Carr at this point needs to go find a new team to troll. Your ignorant, blind, petty, and disloyal.

Criticism is fine. He hasnt been perfect after all. But anyone too foolish, or too stubborn, or just too immature to admit that he has looked VERY MUCH improved.. needs to just finish thier glass of haterade and go become a Colts fan with all the other fairweather lamers.

The Carr bashing has reached levels beyond annoying and ventured into the realm of the unbearably stupid.

Grid
09-27-2006, 12:40 AM
With Regard to McNair and the team.

I am freinds with someone who does work for Mr. McNair (won't toss his name out here to get trashed). I cannot tell you if this is the truth or if he is bull****ting as it could go either way. But he said that McNair is not that interested so to speak about the Texans; yes as a business option but that's it.. He pretty much has the attitude that they will not do much this year.

He is more interested and happy with his Race horse and breeding operations.

Like I said can't confirm or deny but there it is.

If ya cant confirm it or deny it, or name names, then why fan those flames?

Really..spreading things like that is just irresponsible. Many "fans" on here will take that as gospel truth and we will hear about it for the next year. Yet we dont know if this is legit information, or just a feeling that Mr. McNair's gardener got.

kfranco_utexas
09-27-2006, 01:16 AM
"2. I think David Carr is still a fan favorite."

I needed a good laugh.:yahoo:

tsip
09-27-2006, 02:56 AM
sigh... I dont know why im going to bother replying in this thread.

Just want to point out that anyone dogging Carr at this point needs to go find a new team to troll. Your ignorant, blind, petty, and disloyal.

Criticism is fine. He hasnt been perfect after all. But anyone too foolish, or too stubborn, or just too immature to admit that he has looked VERY MUCH improved.. needs to just finish thier glass of haterade and go become a Colts fan with all the other fairweather lamers.

The Carr bashing has reached levels beyond annoying and ventured into the realm of the unbearably stupid.

7 posts for Carr/5 posts against Carr/5 posts for Bush-Young

The posts in this thread are pretty 'uniform' and are just opinions by other fans who have a 'right' to their own opinions. Where is 'all' this bashing and dogging? The only negative and 'questionable' comments are from you and almost always are...

TK_Gamer
09-27-2006, 04:42 AM
I dont see how anyone at this point can be talking about QB's in a time when we cant even stop mark brunell on 3rd and 21. if I was on the offense of the texans and had to watch the defense play as poorly as they have, and I dont neccesarrily mean the players, I would lose heart also. we dont correct matchup problems on defense, we dont adjust pressure on the QB. we don't run blitz to keep the teams honest, we dont send the house even occassionally to show we can do it. this is the most vanilla defense ive ever had to watch in an NFL game. even capers sent the safety on a blitz once in a while or dunta robinson on a blitz on 3rd down. we have blitzed like 2 times when it mattered out of 3 complete games. that is obsurd. you wanna vent? you wanna blame someone? blame richard smith for having no guts and and kubiak for not taking control of a defense that richard smith cant or wont.

chuckm
09-27-2006, 09:15 AM

Really..spreading things like that is just irresponsible. Many "fans" on here will take that as gospel truth and we will hear about it for the next year. Yet we dont know if this is legit information, or just a feeling that Mr. McNair's gardener got.

I can only give you rep once ....

J-Storm
09-27-2006, 10:47 AM
He is the QB of this team and I support him. We have many more glaring needs of this team, other than to bash Carr, who is one of 3 players on this team playing well.

Does he f*ck up, sure, but with a 0-3 record just about everyone is ******** up somewhere.

The team must improve, there is not one player in this league right now that you put in our starting line up on either side of the ball that makes this team a winner.

1) We all just wanted to see improvement, and in some areas we have. Carr is finally treating AJ like a #1 receiver and getting him the ball.

5) We are finally getting the ball to the TE end position, something not seen since Billy Miller's exciting 02 season.

So there are some positives, but as everyone on this board knows we could all list 100 pages of bad things as well. But as the season goes, and as we hopefully and slowly add more positives to this list, the team will be making improvement

No one realisticly saw us making the SB this year, and we were the worst team in the NFL last year. So we have to slowly pull ourselves out of this funk, and we all know it is a long road to glory, but those days are coming. Just look at the growing pains Cinny went through all those years, laoding up on high 1st round picks and now look at the caliper team they have. Everyone wants to win now I know, but this is the point that this franchise is at right now. A new era is here, but we still have to take our knocks and go on.
just my .02

As the Rachel Hunter shampoo ad goes "It won't happen overnight... but it will happen!"

Good post Aggie :redtowel:

LBC_Justin
09-27-2006, 01:22 PM

Reggie Bush has done nothing on the field to justify being put into any category with the guys you mentioned. He has a TON of ESPN hype around him, his performance has been AVERAGE at best.

Reggie Bush, Vince Young, and Mario Williams all look like nothing but ROOKIES to me. Inexperienced, stupid, know-nothing rookies.

Kaiser Toro
09-27-2006, 02:03 PM

Carr is not the problem. You cannot deny the numbers as statistics never lie. Unfortunately we are still in the same malaise as last year and still without wins under his "leadership" given the fact that he maybe playing his best football ever in the NFL.

If you want a QB to lead the NFL in passer rating we got your guy. You want a QB that will actually contribute on and off the field to help his team win games you may need to look elsewhere as statistics can be skinned many ways.

The official theme song for the Houston Texans is brought to you by Quincy Jones/James Ingram:

Just Once
James Ingram

I did my best
But I guess my best wasn't good enough
'Cause here we are back where we were before
Seems nothing ever changes
We're back to being strangers
Wondering if we oughta stay
Or head on out the door

Just once can't we figure out what we keep doing wrong
Why we never last for very long
What are we doing wrong
Just once can't we find a way to finally make it right
Make the magic last for more than just one night
If we could just get to it
I know we could break through it

I gave my all
But I think my all may have been too much
'Cause Lord knows we're not getting anywhere
Seems we're always blowing whatever we got going
And seems at times with all we've got
We haven't got a prayer
Just once can't we figure out what we keep doing wrong
Why the goodtimes never last for very long
Seems we're always blowing
Whatever we got going

I know we could break through it

Just once I want to understand
Why it always come back to good-bye
Why can't we get ourselves in hand
And admit to one another
That we're no good with out the other
Take the best and make it better
Find a way to stay together

I know we can break through it

Just once
If we could get to it

Just Once...

http://www.lyricstrax.com/quincy-jones-featuring-james-ingram/just-once.html

texan_fan_in_tampa_bay
09-27-2006, 02:54 PM
What's the obsession with Reggie Bush? Would watching Reggie dance around the field make the wallopings any more enjoyable? Doubt it. Defense wins championships....period. Glad to see that the Texans management team has finally figured this out. I know it's hard to be patient, and it sucks to see these beatings week after week, but the long-term payoff will be worth the wait.

David Carr is a very good quarterback, too. I can't believe the crap he gets here. He's played behind the worst offensive line in the history of the world for the past four years. Give it a rest!!!

Mr. B
09-28-2006, 11:54 AM

No one is spreading anything here. While I do agree with you that it is possible Some "fans" may take this as truth, thats not my concern cause anything posted can be taken that way by any number of fans.

I simply stated something that I believe to possibly be very true. I have no reason to believe he is lying. He is not a gardner, but a very respectable business man and this is why I didn't put up any further info cause people like yourself are just ready to jump up and trash on anything posted that might fall outside of your beliefs plus you have already labeled someone that you don't know "a gardener"
There is nothing irresponsible about this post as Mr. McNair is a business man and if you or any other Texans fans think that his only guiding purpose in life is to put together your ultimate team think again. Yes he will do it based on it will make him lots of money in the long run but thats it. So if you and any other Quote "fans" think he doesn't have any interest in other arraingements such as his Horse Racing and Breeding dream on. You guys should try thinking outside the box once in a while.

B

L33Z71
09-28-2006, 01:59 PM

just my .02

Sure he F*ucks up, and so does the rest of the team. But how many players on the team, or in reality in this league gets to f*ck up for 5 years and still be the starting player on the team, get re-signing bonus's the year after his worst season in the league? Anywhere else and Carr would be wiping up the sweat off the sideline benches by now.

AggieTexanFan
09-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Sure he F*ucks up, and so does the rest of the team. But how many players on the team, or in reality in this league gets to f*ck up for 5 years and still be the starting player on the team, get re-signing bonus's the year after his worst season in the league? Anywhere else and Carr would be wiping up the sweat off the sideline benches by now.

Passing Stats
YEAR G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT
2002 16 233 444 52.5 2592 5.8 9 81 15 62.8
2003 12 167 295 56.6 2013 6.8 9 78 13 69.5
2004 16 285 466 61.2 3531 7.6 16 69 14 83.5
2005 16 256 423 60.5 2488 5.9 14 53 11 77.2
2006 3 59 82 72.0 635 7.7 6 53 1 113.6
Career 63 1000 1710 58.5 11259 6.6 54 81 54 75.6

Clearly last season was not Carr's worst season, it was the teams.

He threw a career low in INTs and had just missed his completion mark set in the surprising 04 season. The reason Carr was resigned was although the team took a step backward, Carr did not, and was one of the few promissing spots on the team.

McNair made a call to continue on the growth of Carr this year, instead of starting all over, which seems to have been the correct call.

I mean even Lienhart and Young are still sitting behind struggling Vets

Carr holds the NFLs highest passer rating, has reduced his picks (the one he threw was forced in the endzone last week trying to make an impossible comeback) and he is on pace for:

32 TDs, 5 INTs and 3387 yards

Not saying he will amass these stats, but they are something to look forward to, instead of bashing a guy that finally found a coach he clicks with, with boads well for this team.

I'm happy about that

Vambo, the Marble Eye
09-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Reggie Bush has done nothing on the field to justify being put into any category with the guys you mentioned. He has a TON of ESPN hype around him, his performance has been AVERAGE at best.

Reggie Bush, Vince Young, and Mario Williams all look like nothing but ROOKIES to me. Inexperienced, stupid, know-nothing rookies.

CAN I GET AN "AMEN!?"

Even my cable TV description of MNF gamefor the Saints/Falcons game started with "Sensation Reggie Bush leads the Saints..."

Good grief.

HOU-TEX
09-28-2006, 04:22 PM
CAN I GET AN "AMEN!?"

Even my cable TV description of MNF gamefor the Saints/Falcons game started with "Sensation Reggie Bush leads the Saints..."

Good grief.

I just had a sensation too.....but it was just gas!

That's what happens when I think of some sports reporters/media. :hides:

Aztequila
09-28-2006, 05:15 PM
Anywhere else and Carr would be wiping up the sweat off the sideline benches by now.

I think if he was anywhere else that had decent pass protection, Carr would be a serious talent. Same with AJ. This guy has been sacked a ridiculous amount of times season after season, but he still gets up and goes out to play. Does anyone know he fumble to sack ratio? If you watch him play, you can see moments of brilliance. But most times, he is having to fight off the line crumbling around him. Carr isnt the problem here, I think they made a good move keeping him on.

nflnutswife
09-28-2006, 05:47 PM
I think one of the Texans’ biggest problems is that they don’t show much concern for the wishes of their fans. They seem to think we’re there for the privilege of watching what they’re doing (struggling to win games) whereas they should instead be focusing on giving us what we want to see (good football and entertainment and, hopefully, wins). That way, we can still be reasonably entertained and share in the responsibility even if their performance isn’t the greatest.

My guess is that a majority of fans were not enthused about Carr returning this year. Anyone watching last season would have known that the roof would have blown off the stadium with cheers if they had taken Carr out for a while to see if a back-up quarterback could do better. That situation may return soon.

There’s no doubt that fans were alienated big-time by the Mario-over-Bush decision and there was a sizeable element (though not a majority) that would have preferred Vince Young. The Mario decision seems just as insane now as it did when it happened, even though he may yet do great things.

There are other things, as well, such as traffic, parking, concession stand lines, club seats that are so overpriced that that section is sparsely attended, etc., that diminish the game experience. I have shelled out big bucks for PSLs and season tickets for my whole family and I’m worried that this season will be another big downer like it was last year. I want wins but I’d settle for a good show, valiant efforts, positive team spirit, visible goodwill toward the fans and smart-appearing decisions that make the fans feel like the team is on the right track.
What about the fans? I have a football team, in Houston! I will get behind this team and support in whatever way I can. They have accommodated me in more ways than a lot of other existing teams. Temperature contol, I've have NO problem with traffic or parking in 5 years. concession lines??? I appreciate no Bathroom lines!!!! Club seat pricing. . . we just won't go there:rolleyes: I can understand where you're coming from, but lets be fair. This IS a new franchise and a miraculous SB, would be just that, a miracle. Let's be patient, enjoy what's been given to us and leave the hiring and firing to the experienced people paid to do just that.:texan:

L33Z71
09-29-2006, 10:18 AM
I have to completely disagree with Aggie and AZtequila.

Has Carr played better this year that others. Sure, I cannot argue that fact at all. And I'll be honest with you, I just have a general dislike for him. However, I could put aside my dislike for the man if he actually was ever able to give anyone a reason to believe he is a Playoff reaching, super bowl winning, hall of fame worthy QB. I mean the man was picked 1st overall, I don't think that expecting this much from a player of this "so-called" caliber is un-reasonable. He has showed moments of brilliance, but still lacks the leadership and consistancy needed to win games and the respect from his teammates. He still makes bad decisions, and I am just waiting for him to make it through a game where he doesn't mess up a snap from center.

But all that being said, you guys can buy into all the stats and ratios and passer ratings all you want. Any real player will tell you that stats don't mean a hill of S**t unless you can back it up with "W's" in the win column.

I'll be honest with you, I really had high hopes for this team this year. I never for one moment believed that we would be seeing a playoff birth this year or even a winning season, but when you go 2-14, and you get the #1 pick in the draft and have a good preseason, there should be nothing but room to improve on. I'm not saying either that Carr is the whole problem, because, he is just the tip of the iceberg. But he's clearly not helping either.

Like I said, you can all sit and read the stats showing Carr the #1 passer in the league all you want. I'll start believing when hit puts points on the board and wins on the scoring sheet. Until then, I will be leading the remove Carr from the starting lineup resistance.

Texanfan4ever
09-29-2006, 11:02 AM
I have to completely disagree with Aggie and AZtequila.

Has Carr played better this year that others. Sure, I cannot argue that fact at all. And I'll be honest with you, I just have a general dislike for him. However, I could put aside my dislike for the man if he actually was ever able to give anyone a reason to believe he is a Playoff reaching, super bowl winning, hall of fame worthy QB. I mean the man was picked 1st overall, I don't think that expecting this much from a player of this "so-called" caliber is un-reasonable. He has showed moments of brilliance, but still lacks the leadership and consistancy needed to win games and the respect from his teammates. He still makes bad decisions, and I am just waiting for him to make it through a game where he doesn't mess up a snap from center.

But all that being said, you guys can buy into all the stats and ratios and passer ratings all you want. Any real player will tell you that stats don't mean a hill of S**t unless you can back it up with "W's" in the win column.

I'll be honest with you, I really had high hopes for this team this year. I never for one moment believed that we would be seeing a playoff birth this year or even a winning season, but when you go 2-14, and you get the #1 pick in the draft and have a good preseason, there should be nothing but room to improve on. I'm not saying either that Carr is the whole problem, because, he is just the tip of the iceberg. But he's clearly not helping either.

Like I said, you can all sit and read the stats showing Carr the #1 passer in the league all you want. I'll start believing when hit puts points on the board and wins on the scoring sheet. Until then, I will be leading the remove Carr from the starting lineup resistance.

Seriously, you need to move on. This comment is way old. Carr finally has a coach, he is getting better, yada, yada, yada, we have many more pressing problems at this point. Look for some positives, or go add to an old Carr thread somewhere else if you want to lead the lineup of haters. I'm glad I have more to say about our team than "I want to lead the lineup of Carr haters". Geez.....That's just wrong!

L33Z71
09-29-2006, 11:19 AM
Want a positive? Okay. The recievers and tight ends are at least grabbing the catchable passes.

Texanfan4ever
09-29-2006, 11:33 AM
Thank you. That's a start!!!

Battle Red Flash
09-29-2006, 02:52 PM
There’s no doubt that fans were alienated big-time by the Mario-over-Bush decision and there was a sizeable element (though not a majority) that would have preferred Vince Young.
There are other things, as well, such as traffic, parking, concession stand lines, club seats that are so overpriced that that section is sparsely attended, etc., that diminish the game experience.

I do not think a majority of Texans fans dislike Carr. I do not think "the roof would have blown off the stadium" if Banks went in.
I would have liked to have seen Carr sit a bit when we were down in the 4th to save him a beating, though. Why Capers had to have him in there for every snap is beyond me.
The Mario over Bush thing still puzzles me. I'm with you. They knew Davis gets hurt every year, and he was already hurt at the time.
The Texans have probably the best traffic and parking situation in the NFL. I've been to a few other stadiums and it's been truly terrible. We are spoiled here with the access to the stadium. Arrive at the park between 8am and 9am, and there's no problem at all.
And the club seats are all sold out every game. Those rich folks just sit in the back on the sofas and at the nice bars, and it looks empty.

Texanfan4ever
09-29-2006, 04:07 PM
I've been to a few other stadiums too, and we have it REALLY nice! Ours is a "first class" stadium and kept extremely clean in comparison to what I have seen elsewhere. I am proud of our stadium and proud that we have a football team here. And eventually, we will all be proud of our coaches and our team. In the interim while they get it together, we have to stand behind them, support them, cheer them on, and give them a chance to get it right.

My vote is that Mario gets two sacks in on Culpepper this Sunday!! If they will let him, I'm sure he will be hunting quarterbacks!!! :hunter:

:gotexans1

The Pencil Neck
09-29-2006, 04:10 PM
WRONG!!! The new NO Saints are 3-0 we're the complete opposite of that. :crutch:

It took the Saints, what, 27 years before they had a winning record? I think they've won 1 post season game in their entire existence.

Runner
09-29-2006, 04:14 PM
I do not think a majority of Texans fans dislike Carr. I do not think "the roof would have blown off the stadium" if Banks went in.

I agree. The people on this message board are a VERY small percentage of Texans fans. We may think we are more knowledgeable (and that is debatable individually), but we are generally more fanatical and critical. (Critical being used in the negative sense in this instance).

I think the majority of the general fans basically "like" all of our players. They see the team as "their" team and the players as "their" players. Hence, they like them.

dantem
09-29-2006, 04:44 PM
The Texans did not need Vince or Reggie this year, the scalpers bought up all the season tickets before the draft. They were not hurt financially by the move, at least this year. They have a year to improve the product or they may lose ticket sales revenues.

threetoedpete
09-29-2006, 05:11 PM

Yeah well , after Acrhie Mannings stin with the oilers, I have to disagree with your assement. Dang entertaining. But the fans voted with their feet. Sold out season tickets this year is an indictment on how much this town loves football. That dosen't mean there will not be a dwindling of base if they don't turn it around in a couple of seasons. This town is hungry for football no doubt. But insipte of their records, this town dispises a loser. Sooner or later, they will vote with their feet.