PDA

View Full Version : Disgusting....

Barkley
09-26-2006, 01:07 AM
I am one of the most negative people on this board. That said, I think it is time for everyone to come to the realization that this team is TERRIBLE (if you already haven't). At this point, all of our crying and moaning is not going to help, so lets support these guys. I think Mario may be bust as well. I don't know what else I can say except, I like Kubiak and I think it is going to take 2 years for us to be competetive. Let's stop crying (GOD know I am the worst) and just move on. In fact, I think we can get Adrian Peterson in the next draft, who IMO will be much better than Bush.

gtexan02
09-26-2006, 01:12 AM
Why did we need an entirely new thread for this?

(Yes I realize I spam about 100 threads a day) <insert pot calling kettle emoticon>

Napa Auto Parts
09-26-2006, 01:12 AM
Good Post never tought of that spin Adrian Peterson Hell we dont need playmakers hopefully we will draft a A Combine Superstar.

thunderkyss
09-26-2006, 01:14 AM
I am one of the most negative people on this board. That said, I think it is time for everyone to come to the realization that this team is TERRIBLE (if you already haven't). At this point, all of our crying and moaning is not going to help, so lets support these guys. I think Mario may be bust as well. I don't know what else I can say except, I like Kubiak and I think it is going to take 2 years for us to be competetive. Let's stop crying (GOD know I am the worst) and just move on. In fact, I think we can get Adrian Peterson in the next draft, who IMO will be much better than Bush.

are you out of your mind?? Reggie Bush is once in a lifetime....... what's better than once in a lifetime?? Surely you can't be upset that we passed on a once in a lifetime talent that you don't believe is once in a lifetime..... Unless you think Adrian Peterson is the twice in the lifetime RB.......

but this is what I'm thinking..... Mario may be a bust...... so, let's go ahead and look for another DE to take with the #1 pick then we can move Mario to Tackle with Tj....... our other #1 pick. Then we'll have 4 #1 picks on the DLine...... the '07#1 overall.... Mario....TJ..... & Babin.... We've already got Dunta...... another 1st round pick on this talentless team..... by 2013, we can have 11 first rounders on defense.......

we'll we can probably parlay a couple of future seconds and what not(Morlon GreenWood) into an extra 1st round pick or two, and it won't take so long.

McNair's so stupid, he probably didn't even think of that.

I wonder who's coming out of NC State this year.

thunderkyss
09-26-2006, 01:20 AM
LOL.....I undersatnd your furstration becuase I am mad too. All we can do is look forward

Do you have any idea what I'm frustrated with??

LOL.....

:poker:

Napa Auto Parts
09-26-2006, 01:24 AM
Barkley you cant be telling it like it is man some of these homers will have you Ridin the Pine.:hides: but seriously put some spin on your post you cant be posting the same stuff every thread.

threetoedpete
09-26-2006, 01:35 AM
are you out of your mind?? Reggie Bush is once in a lifetime....... what's better than once in a lifetime?? Surely you can't be upset that we passed on a once in a lifetime talent that you don't believe is once in a lifetime..... Unless you think Adrian Peterson is the twice in the lifetime RB.......

but this is what I'm thinking..... Mario may be a bust...... so, let's go ahead and look for another DE to take with the #1 pick then we can move Mario to Tackle with Tj....... our other #1 pick. Then we'll have 4 #1 picks on the DLine...... the '07#1 overall.... Mario....TJ..... & Babin.... We've already got Dunta...... another 1st round pick on this talentless team..... by 2013, we can have 11 first rounders on defense.......

we'll we can probably parlay a couple of future seconds and what not(Morlon GreenWood) into an extra 1st round pick or two, and it won't take so long.

Your once in a lifetime back hasn't exactly torn the league up yet. Saw him get stoned on another off tackle play tonight. Seems to be a reoccurring theme with the king of the swamp. How many TDs so far for 53 million ?

As far as I'm concerned the first thng that needs to be addressed on the first day of the draft or their off season is a couple of large body defensive tackles that can keep Demeeeeeeco in the game. The Washington center Rabach, owned him. 235 MLB is still a 235 MLB. Better have some cover for the guy. Know what i mean by stoned ? Put the collar and leash on him and made him squeal like a pig. ITYS.

Mario is a college kid, who hasn't learned how to use his hands yet. Don't know how long it will take. But he'll get it.

wicked_wayz
09-26-2006, 06:33 AM

better than bush?????? i havnt seen peterson play so i wouldn't have a clue

touttail
09-26-2006, 08:31 AM

NO Monday nights win
Bush 13-53 rushing
4-19 recieving

Definitely the greatest. :sarcasm: :deadhorse

Bobby 119C

joshri
09-26-2006, 08:34 AM
I don't know how anyone could argue that this team isn't disgusting. If Mario had even shown 1 thing so far I would give him a chance. He has been awful and has done absolutely nothing to this point. Its just ridiculous that in the time we have had this team here we haven't even had one good team. I am almost tempted to switch to the Saints having gone to school there.

thunderkyss
09-26-2006, 08:37 AM
Your once in a lifetime back hasn't exactly torn the league up yet. Saw him get stoned on another off tackle play tonight. Seems to be a reoccurring theme with the king of the swamp. How many TDs so far for 53 million ?

As far as I'm concerned the first thng that needs to be addressed on the first day of the draft or their off season is a couple of large body defensive tackles that can keep Demeeeeeeco in the game. The Washington center Rabach, owned him. 235 MLB is still a 235 MLB. Better have some cover for the guy. Know what i mean by stoned ? Put the collar and leash on him and made him squeal like a pig. ITYS.

Mario is a college kid, who hasn't learned how to use his hands yet. Don't know how long it will take. But he'll get it.

I was being Sarcastic...... I haven't fallin for the ESPN Hype.....

thunderkyss
09-26-2006, 08:42 AM
NO Monday nights win
Bush 13-53 rushing
4-19 recieving

Definitely the greatest. :sarcasm: :deadhorse

Bobby 119C

I was also being Sarcastic........ Mr.Barkley thinks Reggie is once in a lifetime. At the same time, he thinks AdrianPeterson is better.

real
09-26-2006, 08:45 AM
NO Monday nights win
Bush 13-53 rushing
4-19 recieving

Definitely the greatest.

Bobby 119C

I was being Sarcastic...... I haven't fallin for the ESPN Hype.....

Do You know what the difference between Reggie Bush, Mario Williams and any other first round draft pick???? Teams actually focus on Reggie Bush...Reggie Bush came into the leauge getting respect from defenses because of his speed and playmaking ability...Which turns into a 3-0 start....When someone makes a good play on Reggie Bush people get happy...Do you see how defenders celebrate after making a play on him ??? That's respect.....No opposing offense has ever given a hoot about Mario....And I'm not even saying Mario won't get to that point...Although it's not a given that he will....

But all I'm sayin is that you have to give credit where credit is due...He has made a huge impact for that team...in all kinds of ways...And I know you may truly feel RB is a horrible person and player...But don't deny the impact that he's had...:shades:

Mr. White
09-26-2006, 08:52 AM
I was also being Sarcastic........ Mr.Barkley thinks Reggie is once in a lifetime. At the same time, he thinks AdrianPeterson is better.

Lifetimes must be getting a lot shorter nowadays.

HJam72
09-26-2006, 09:38 AM

Well, actually Bush is a once in HIS lifetime player.

goodnews boy
09-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Do You know what the difference between Reggie Bush, Mario Williams and any other first round draft pick???? Teams actually focus on Reggie Bush...Reggie Bush came into the leauge getting respect from defenses because of his speed and playmaking ability...Which turns into a 3-0 start....When someone makes a good play on Reggie Bush people get happy...Do you see how defenders celebrate after making a play on him ??? That's respect.....No opposing offense has ever given a hoot about Mario....And I'm not even saying Mario won't get to that point...Although it's not a given that he will....

But all I'm sayin is that you have to give credit where credit is due...He has made a huge impact for that team...in all kinds of ways...And I know you may truly feel RB is a horrible person and player...But don't deny the impact that he's had...:shades:

Bush has average stats so far this season. Deuce has more rushing yards then the great reggie does. The Saints are 3-0 because they are a good team not because bush has made super human plays. Their defense is strong and offence is manageable. I think if Mario was there, he would look better then he does now.

real
09-26-2006, 09:49 AM
Bush has average stats so far this season. Deuce has more rushing yards then the great reggie does. The Saints are 3-0 because they are a good team not because bush has made super human plays. Their defense is strong and offence is manageable. I think if Mario was there, he would look better then he does now.

Stats aside...Just based on an impact standpoint...Reggie has done more than Mario....And we could debate whether Mario would "look" better somewhere else all day...that doesn't matter..he's here...Personally I don't think he would...He's not that good right now...Teams aren't doing anything special to him....He just isn't good enough to have made an impact to this point...plain and simple...I think were looking at atleast a whole year for Mario to "get it", if in fact he ever does....

profan
09-26-2006, 10:16 AM
Sure....I am frustrated with EVERYTHING regarding this team. All I can do is look forward towards the future. We have 3 good long term players, AJ, DeMeco, and Dunta...that's it. Lets look forward to Kubes drafting some guys that can play. The rest of our team is crap

I think you may be able to add our new tight end to this list and maybe Spencer, although he is hurt. But that would be it. It's going to be a looong year. I have never seen a defense so far out of position. We are nowhere near the ball on a lot of plays.

Runner
09-26-2006, 11:24 AM

We are each special in our own way. We are all once in a lifetime.

Kumbaya.

:)

Second Honeymoon
09-26-2006, 01:11 PM
Did anyone listen to the MNF broadcast last night. I am not one of the 'ESPN Hates Houston' crowd but their broadcast was such a pro-Bush lovefest that I felt dirty after watching it. I thought any moment S.Scott was going to proclaim Bush as the second coming of the messiah.

They were dissecting plays ad nauseum in order to show how Bush was being used as a decoy. It's like they think no other player has been used as a decoy before. Then the softball pieces on Bush's charity work. How about they show some of the other player's charity work. They interviewed a guy who had never even met Bush. What is that all about? Was his own family too busy hiding all the skeletons in their closet? I am a huge Michael Irvin guy but his love affair with Bush is off the charts, and needless to say Stewie and Salisbury have been on Bush's jock since like 8th grade.

Did I think they should have taken Bush? Of course I did. You may call me crazy but I don't think we are 0-3 if we make that pick. I really think he could have lit a fire under his team by giving the team a player who could help immediately. He would have given us an infusion of energy, excitement, and a national identity. I think sometimes locker room spirit and morale is very underrated but the bottom line is that we didn't draft him and the more our defense sucks, it validates the Texans drafting for defense even more. We need to give Mario some time and if he doesn't work out we need to hold those accountable who chose him over Bush, VY, DBrick, Hawk, etc....namely McNair/Kubiak.

doug ftw

-- That sound you don't hear is Asserley's phone not ringing --

Mr. White
09-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Did anyone listen to the MNF broadcast last night. I am not one of the 'ESPN Hates Houston' crowd but their broadcast was such a pro-Bush lovefest that I felt dirty after watching it. I thought any moment S.Scott was going to proclaim Bush as the second coming of the messiah.

Not to minimize what NO's accomplished....ESPN definitely laid it on thick with the New Orleans/Reggie Bush/Superdome storyline. I thought it got a little out of hand.

Something to think about....
Could Kubiak have turned Reggie Bush into a "one cut and go" runner?:crying:

Porky
09-26-2006, 01:30 PM
I doubt we take Peterson. I like both him and Lynch. I doubt Gary "I can plug in Joe the mechanic and make this running game churn" Kubiak will do that, but maybe he will turn over a new leaf. I think we will have our eye on somebody like Paul Posluszny, although I hear he is not as good so far as a MLB. Maybe Joe Thomas would get some consideration too, or.....wait, it's not even the 4th game yet, and I am already looking toward the next draft. :brickwall

Second Honeymoon
09-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Not to minimize what NO's accomplished....ESPN definitely laid it on thick with the New Orleans/Reggie Bush/Superdome storyline. I thought it got a little out of hand.

Yup. It got way out of hand. Would NO be 3-0 if they would have drafted Mario #2 after we took Bush #1? I don't think so but I think their success has much more to do with the 'chip on the shoulder syndrome' and Brees acumen at QB.

In response to your avatar, I think Adrian P. makes a better fit for the Denver running system but I don't think we can afford to draft offense if Mario doesn't pan out soon.

Second Honeymoon
09-26-2006, 01:37 PM
I doubt we take Peterson. I like both him and Lynch. I doubt Gary "I can plug in Joe the mechanic and make this running game churn" Kubiak will do that, but maybe he will turn over a new leaf. I think we will have our eye on somebody like Paul Posluszny, although I hear he is not as good so far as a MLB. Maybe Joe Thomas would get some consideration too, or.....wait, it's not even the 4th game yet, and I am already looking toward the next draft. :brickwall

Paul isn't even the best LB on Penn State after his knee injury last year. Joe Thomas is the safest choice this year but I think they will draft Adrian if he is available when they pick. if they turn the season around and draft 10th-15th I think we need to draft the top CB/S available or maybe Blaylock out of UT. I know I know call me crazy, I think the Texans should draft a Longhorn...with Kubiak in control I doubt we ever draft a Longhorn....

blockhead83
09-26-2006, 04:53 PM

This is so true. Every year, not every other year or every five years, but every single year there's 3-5 players in the draft who are hailed as future hall of famers and players who will redefine their positions. Very rarely do those expectations come true for any of them. The NFL is world's away from college in terms of difficulty. It's easy to look like an NFL legend in college when you're playing against people who will be flipping hamburgers on Sundays in a few years. These supposed studs usually turn into good players, sometimes perennial pro bowls later down the line, but rarely do they have the impact everyone thought they would. Then the next draft comes around and the studs of last year are forgotten as the fans work up a rabid obsession with the gifts and sure-to-be gamechanging abilities possessed by this year's elite college players. Reggie has looked like a good player so far, but Gale Sayers? Please. Vince looks like he has alot of promise, but he hasn't done anything to make me think he'll be able to dominate like he did in those Rose Bowls. And then there's Mario, who has done nothing spectacular besides run really fast, jump really high, and bench press a bar a bunch of times. They may all turn into good players, but you have to learn that this process is repeated every year, and it's not the end of the world if one of your gambles doesn't work out.

kingh99
09-26-2006, 05:06 PM

They were dissecting plays ad nauseum in order to show how Bush was being used as a decoy. It's like they think no other player has been used as a decoy before. Then the softball pieces on Bush's charity work. How about they show some of the other player's charity work. They interviewed a guy who had never even met Bush. What is that all about? Was his own family too busy hiding all the skeletons in their closet? I am a huge Michael Irvin guy but his love affair with Bush is off the charts, and needless to say Stewie and Salisbury have been on Bush's jock since like 8th grade.

Did I think they should have taken Bush? Of course I did. You may call me crazy but I don't think we are 0-3 if we make that pick. I really think he could have lit a fire under his team by giving the team a player who could help immediately. He would have given us an infusion of energy, excitement, and a national identity. I think sometimes locker room spirit and morale is very underrated but the bottom line is that we didn't draft him and the more our defense sucks, it validates the Texans drafting for defense even more. We need to give Mario some time and if he doesn't work out we need to hold those accountable who chose him over Bush, VY, DBrick, Hawk, etc....namely McNair/Kubiak.

doug ftw

-- That sound you don't hear is Asserley's phone not ringing --

McNair? Ewww, he's scared. Dude has made bank regardless of how the team does. Didn't you hear. The Texans are like the second most valuable team in the NFL. :)

Second Honeymoon
09-26-2006, 06:45 PM
McNair? Ewww, he's scared. Dude has made bank regardless of how the team does. Didn't you hear. The Texans are like the second most valuable team in the NFL. :)

At this moment in time, the Texans are behind only the Redskins in team worth with the Cowboys and Bucs close behind. The reason the Texans are number one is because of the stadium complex, corporate tie-ins, and the fact that the stadium has a lot of season ticket holders. How long do you think the big money corporate dollars and the season tickets are going to stay at their current level? The only reason they didn't get a mass defection of season ticket holders this year is because we had to pay the first payment before the draft and before Carr was brought back. Once the current deals expire, they will be far less as far as corporate money.

The season ticket base is dropping as we speak. You see all the no-shows lately? That stuff will start to hit McNair in the wallet more over time, but has already hit him in the wallet. That compiled with the fact that his board of directors was already up in arms last year, means he has some pressure on him to turn this around and start creating happy and optimistic fans. Currently there is an air of pessimism and criticism amongst the media and public....the Texans status is dropping like an anchor....I hope it turns around but McNair needs to realize that its all about winning and not about image and family values. Currently my family doesnt really want to go to the games because of all the embarassing games we have seen and we are selling our tickets and watching the games on TV.

If you are interested in buying some good tickets, send me a private message.

4 Tickets, End Zone Corner Aisle Seats, Row N with 2 Orange Parking Passes = $200 cash
(that is cheaper than face value by about 20% and we are throwing in the $40 worth of parking passes for free...and yes, they are uber seats)

Doug From The Woodlands

Second Honeymoon
09-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Is that 4 tickets & 2 parking passes per game for the rest of the season for $200 total?

No that is per game. The tickets are $63 a piece face value and the parking passes are like $20-25 each (got two). $50 a person, with no hidden fees :)

Doug From The Woodlands

thunderkyss
09-26-2006, 07:14 PM

I'm not a big Reggie Bush fan...... but watching his highlights, and watching him in the RoseBowl....... I have no doubt he could definitely do the one cut thing. That's what he did @ USC...... he didn't turn into the "baby Matrix" 'till after he was well beyound the line of scrimmage.

In fact, all that stuff he is doing now..... on punt returns, and in the backfield is really uncharacteristic of his RoseBowl performance, and highlights. It looks like he's trying to force it........ he wants to prove Houston wrong so bad or something.

He needs to relax, play his game, and let it come to him.

So does Mario. Forget about making sacks. Just play the game, what will be will be.