PDA

View Full Version : Wong????

V Man
09-25-2006, 10:05 AM
Hey people in the know, any word on whether Wong will be ready to get off the PUP after week 6 (or when ever it is)?

And if so can he still play MLB and move Ryans back to his natural position (just think, if Ryans is this good playing out of position, think how he will be back on the outside)?

TexanFanInCC
09-25-2006, 12:46 PM
i miss him. we NEED his leadership and energy desperately.

hot pickle
09-25-2006, 01:58 PM
we need a player that has ray lewis type leadership on this D, Demeco needs to get fired up

Vinny
09-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Wong wouldn't make much of a middle linebacker. He played there for the Vikings years ago and wasn't very impressive. Wong may have already played his last game here in any case.

V Man
09-25-2006, 02:34 PM
Wong wouldn't make much of a middle linebacker. He played there for the Vikings years ago and wasn't very impressive. Wong may have already played his last game here in any case.

Thanks for the update.

Vinny
09-25-2006, 02:35 PM
IF he comes back it will be at the Sam...but I feel that he may be done here.

TexansCM
09-28-2006, 09:29 PM
I hit golf balls next to him on Tuesday. He said he will be back after PUP is done. He didn't comment on where he would be playing though.

rafterticket
09-29-2006, 02:10 AM
He meant he'll be back hitting golf balls. :heh:

That's not funny, man. They'll give him a shot. He did a great job two seasons ago, when the defense was middle of the road, stat wise - it would be nice to see him come back and contribute.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
09-29-2006, 02:16 AM
I agree with the last reply. Wong would be a nice burst of energy, leadership and speed to this defense right now. I don't know if kubes sees orr or greenwood as the weak link right now, but somebody has to go.

phan1
09-29-2006, 03:53 AM
It'd be really nice to have a veteran on D right now. The best "veteran" we probably have right now is Weaver. And you know how that Dline is playing right now...

Titan "Tack" Fan
09-29-2006, 04:40 AM
You know he's married to AC Slater's real life sister

El Tejano
09-29-2006, 09:58 PM
You know he's married to AC Slater's real life sister
And AC Slater is a dancing machine now on Dancing With The Stars.:bananasplit:

GP
09-30-2006, 12:47 PM
I would like to see us sign this guy that got cut by the Seahawks because they needed a roster spot for another RB:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2608332

Kacyvenski is an Ivy Leaguer (smart guy) who overcame poverty and the death of his mother to earn his college diploma. He is one of the most popular Seahawks players, according to the article, and they really didn't want to have to release him. He is a veteran and does NOT pass through the waivers...he's a free agent, and we can make him an offer. he is also very good on special teams accoding to the ESPN article.

I like Kubiak's interest in signing smart players: Weaver, Demeco, etc. I think this is a guy that we bring in and cut some "dead WOOD" if you know what I mean. We need better LBers, and it just makes sense to bring smart guys, from winning organizations, onto our team.

Demeco
Wong
Kacyvenski (Seahawks)
Orr

Titan "Tack" Fan
09-30-2006, 11:47 PM
And AC Slater is a dancing machine now on Dancing With The Stars.:bananasplit:

Do texans fans know that he is AC Slater's real life brother in law? I mean is it widely known?

Blake
10-01-2006, 01:21 AM
I just want to know what is Wong with our defense.

HoustonFan
10-01-2006, 08:05 AM
I hope he's back after week 6 as well. Would be even better if it was sooner, but ah well.