PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on My Experience Today.

Blake
09-24-2006, 09:29 PM
I will start off by saying that I am still a fan. I love the Texans, and plan on staying a "fan" as long as I can.

Now on to the good stuff...

I spent $30 bucks driving from and back to Austin, $50 bucks on food and beer for me and my girlfriend, $90 for this weeks tickets (i have season tickets) and my weekend, to come down and see my team in action. It is a safe bet that I feel cheated out of my money, and time to watch that product on the field. I feel the coaches, and players, had a horrible outting for the third time in three attempts.

I am damn frustrated with Mario Williams game. I watched him basically 1/2 of the defensive plays, and saw him getting occupied by TE Chris Cooley alone which infurated me. It makes missing out on Vince Young even more painful.

But back to the game. What is up with the lack of blitzing? Mark Brunell has a record setting completion game against us and we dont mix things up! Here is a hint. If not blitzing isnt working, then BLITZ!!! Either our front four arent getting enough pressure, or they are running quicker routes, which means jump routes, and spy the RB's.

What is up with Thomas Johnson and his key penalties!? He should be worrying about his job after this week. And we got rid of Attiyah Ellison for this shlo-mo. Shantee Orr should have a few words with this fellow, and ask him why his TD was negated so he could rough up Mark.

The coaches need to spend alot of time figuring out why they arent putting the players in a position to win.

David Carr had a good game, except for the punt pass at the end, but I do blame Kevin Walter too for not even going for the dang ball. I dont understand how we can score in 3-4 plays right off the bat, but then disappear for 3 quarters until the game is basically out of reach.

I might add more to this later, but I just want to finish by saying that, although we are fans, and should support our team, the team has to give you something to be excited about. And I am not excited. I am furious, and frustrated, and feel like we are a team that has no chance to win...

gjmac2
09-24-2006, 09:35 PM
What is up with Thomas Johnson and his key penalties!? He should be worrying about his job after this week. And we got rid of Attiyah Ellison for this shlo-mo.

I will be shocked if he isn't cut tomorrow!

Wait a minute, we are talking about the Texans, so he might still have a job!

Man, I feel for you. You made the trip from Austin to watch this mess? Dude, I feel bad for you.

profan
09-24-2006, 09:40 PM
man, l know what you are going through. I drive up from victoria for every game and it really sucks when the team gives you nothing to be excited about. Makes the drive home really long. Only excitement today was watching my nephew rip the bag off a wothless fans head.

Blake
09-24-2006, 09:55 PM
man, l know what you are going through. I drive up from victoria for every game and it really sucks when the team gives you nothing to be excited about. Makes the drive home really long. Only excitement today was watching my nephew rip the bag off a wothless fans head.

The paper bag over the head is a pathetic way to show your dissapproval.

Glad you got to see that. I got to see a group of Skins fans gloating the whole damn game.....again....

Blake
09-24-2006, 10:13 PM
The way I see it, is you can consider this year a year of growing pains, and the first year of building for the Gary Kubiak regime. You can expect to have a bad year or 2, but that once the building years are done, and Gary has his Playoff team, that it will be all worth it.

Or you can look at it as this is just the tip of the iceberg, and the next few years will be the same until we get a new coach. A few years filled with bad draft picks, and bad coaching.

I prefer the first one. I think at this rate you better hope Gary goes defense with his next 2 first round picks, and creates the Ravens of the South.