PDA

View Full Version : Intentional roughness?!?!?!

Osso
09-24-2006, 05:34 PM
Did anyone see what the refs saw?

How does a player recieve an IR during a fumble recovery runback?

:yikes:

edo783
09-24-2006, 06:32 PM
I couldn't make out what happend. I suspect it was some sort of punch.

kenneth24
09-24-2006, 06:35 PM
Thomas Johnson probably figured it was time to take a free shot at someone which is completely stupid if thats what happened and if that is what happened he should be cut. In the locker room after the game. That kind of crap isn't swagger it's just stupid when your trying to hang in a game and we could have been possibly within one touchdown if the score had counted with 5 minutes left. Obviously it probably didn't cost us the game but it was STUPID and didn't help. If thats what he did cut him...not like its going to bring down our defense.:brickwall

infantrycak
09-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Thomas Johnson probably figured it was time to take a free shot at someone which is completely stupid if thats what happened and if that is what happened he should be cut. In the locker room after the game. That kind of crap isn't swagger it's just stupid when your trying to hang in a game and we could have been possibly within one touchdown if the score had counted with 5 minutes left. Obviously it probably didn't cost us the game but it was STUPID and didn't help. If thats what he did cut him...not like its going to bring down our defense.:brickwall

It may have been a stupid play--I admit to not seeing it well at the game and the replay shows jack, but how do you rough the passer on a running play after a fumble? Block in the back, face mask, etc.--there are a lot of calls I can understand, but roughing the passer makes no sense. You can't rough the kicker once the ball is in the receiver's hands. What the heck? No it didn't make a difference in the outcome most likely but still where does that call come from?

ComstockLode
09-24-2006, 07:51 PM
It may have been a stupid play--I admit to not seeing it well at the game and the replay shows jack, but how do you rough the passer on a running play after a fumble? Block in the back, face mask, etc.--there are a lot of calls I can understand, but roughing the passer makes no sense. You can't rough the kicker once the ball is in the receiver's hands. What the heck? No it didn't make a difference in the outcome most likely but still where does that call come from?

I would assume he went after brunell to hit him as hard as he could even though he wasnt even in the play.

Maddict5
09-24-2006, 09:00 PM
i didnt see it but i know you cant go after the qb during a turnover unles hes running to stop the defender- basically if the qb is standing still you cant go after him

Goldeagle
09-24-2006, 09:02 PM
I asked the same question? How is it roughing, but I was watching #53 (his name escapes me) running it back. I was at the game, and the crowd quit early in the third and were getting back in it until this odd call?

Wharton
09-24-2006, 09:11 PM
I admit I didn't see it, I was watching the runback and jumping up and down. But, I think the call was for waylaying Brunell. I did see Brunell lying on the turf & moving slowly to get up.

Just :twocents:

kenneth24
09-24-2006, 11:57 PM
I don't think they called roughing the passer but if they did it should have been unneccessary roughness. Right or wrong you can't do that...a couple of years ago i believe it was warren sapp took out a green bay lineman who wasn't even close on a play after a turnover and all hell broke loose because people said it was a dirty hit. IMO its football, if you're between the lines keep your head on a swivel. But you can't do something that stupid knowing the rules. Kubiak afterwards said that is something he as coach has to correct. Might be harsh but you need to cut or bench him. Won't hurt the defense any and might help send a message.

12Gage
09-25-2006, 12:14 AM
I don't think they called roughing the passer but if they did it should have been unneccessary roughness. Right or wrong you can't do that...a couple of years ago i believe it was warren sapp took out a green bay lineman who wasn't even close on a play after a turnover and all hell broke loose because people said it was a dirty hit. IMO its football, if you're between the lines keep your head on a swivel. But you can't do something that stupid knowing the rules. Kubiak afterwards said that is something he as coach has to correct. Might be harsh but you need to cut or bench him. Won't hurt the defense any and might help send a message.
Sapp took out Chad Clifton who was seriously injured, but it was a clean block and no foul was called.

I watched the game today on tv but they made no attempt to show the call, they only showed a closeup of Shantee Orr running with the ball. There was no way to determine what Thomas Johnson did. I know he got a roughing the passer penalty earlier in the game that the showed where he extended his arms and pushed Brunnell to the ground after the ball was gone. But I can't really blame him. It has to be damned frusturating to be in the trenches giving it all you got every play and the secondary gives up play after play and this qb is setting an NFL record on you. Should have hit Brunnell harder. Was Brunnell even sacked all game? That is pitifull if we cannot sack the most immoble old qb in the game today.