PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Poll: What do you think we did well vs. Washington?

TexansAllTheWayBaby
09-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Please vote honestly. You may post written replies as well...

The Dream
09-24-2006, 04:32 PM
we only lost by 16 this week.

Grid
09-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Pass protection and getting the ball to Andre Johnson.

I think our offense could be top 15 if it had more time on the field. The only thing holding it back when it IS on the field is the mistakes. Penalties, bad snaps, fumbles, dropped passes..etc..etc..

Snapple
09-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Um... hmm.

The Pencil Neck
09-24-2006, 04:49 PM
I voted that we didn't give up.

If Orr's TD hadn't been called back (** EDIT: and we could have gotten a 2 point conversion), we would have been down by 8 and in a position to tie the game. IF our Defense could have gotten another stop.

We're bad and we need work, but I don't think this team is giving up.

NEROtheZERO
09-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Pass protection and getting the ball to Andre Johnson.

I think our offense could be top 15 if it had more time on the field. The only thing holding it back when it IS on the field is the mistakes. Penalties, bad snaps, fumbles, dropped passes..etc..etc..

I agree. I commented more than once while watching the game that I was impressed with the time Carr had in the pocket. I think he put to rest any debate he drew last week that he is only good against the back ups.

I also liked what I saw from Dayne. I am pleased with the offense in general, it is the defense that is holding us back.

We actually had a chance in this game. If Orr's TD hadn't been called back we had a chance at putting the game in OT. If we are coming out of Dallas 1-4 I still believe we have a legitimate and probable shot at 6 wins.

edo783
09-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Big surprise that the O-line did as well as it did. Pass game was fairly good. Run game was...."OK".

bayshorebevo
09-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Peanut sales seemed fairly brisk.

TexansLucky13
09-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Passing game was average but everything else was terrible.

dat_boy_yec
09-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Oh oh that's a trick question isn't it? Let me see, how about embarrased ourselves. I don't think anybody in the league does that as well as we did. That should be an option. We did real well at embarrasing ourselves.

cowboy62
09-24-2006, 06:43 PM
Please vote honestly. You may post written replies as well...

ARE YOU FOR REAL? I'LL GIVE YOU MY VOTE YALL SUCKED!!!!

rmartin65
09-24-2006, 08:24 PM
I think the pass game was pretty good. A couple bad throws, but on the whole, pretty good.

utahmark
09-24-2006, 08:28 PM
unable to start a new thread so i will post my review of the game here. mods if you could start a game rewatch thread or something like that, it would be cool.

i will pay little attention to the defense for obvious reasons.

most of my attention on offense will be on carr, salaam and hodgdon.

payne made a good play to force a punt to start off the game

on offense pitts and hodgdon look good starting out by creating a couple of holes for dayne.

salaam almost gets beat on the long ball to johnson, carr was also getting pressure from the other side.

i like the confidence kube's shows in carr by passing near the goaline. td texans.

texflex513
09-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Carr and AJ had good chemistry... that has been lacking ever since AJ's probowl year although everything else seemed to go wrong i would call AJ this weeks PLAYA PLAYA of the game:redtowel:

Mr teX
09-24-2006, 08:33 PM
My vote was solely based on comparing this team to last years & with that said i think we passed well. Getting the ball to our perimeter guys was an impossibility last year. This year, AJ is on pace for another 1000 yd season.

Bullpen Drew
09-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Is this a joke?????

utahmark
09-24-2006, 08:52 PM
unable to start a new thread so i will post my review of the game here. mods if you could start a game rewatch thread or something like that, it would be cool.

i will pay little attention to the defense for obvious reasons.

most of my attention on offense will be on carr, salaam and hodgdon.

payne made a good play to force a punt to start off the game

on offense pitts and hodgdon look good starting out by creating a couple of holes for dayne.

salaam almost gets beat on the long ball to johnson, carr was also getting pressure from the other side.

i like the confidence kube's shows in carr by passing near the goaline. td texans.

2cnd series our 2 rookies look bad. i forgot they started on the eight yard line. ryans got taken out on the long gain.

mario got blocked on the td run. took him way to long to shed his blocker. td right over his space. no double team.

our ball hodgdon should start. he is better than flanagan. with him spencer and pitts we could have a very solid lt side of the line.

mckinney gets beat on first down for a short gain

salaam is getting beat on a reagular basis. our backs cant even slow a pass rusher down.

first sack of the game. salaam gets beat, dayne gets beat, one rusher wasnt blocked. 3rd and 3 and carr takes a 7 step drop. with our oline. not smart. we will punt.

utahmark
09-24-2006, 09:12 PM
2cnd series our 2 rookies look bad. i forgot they started on the eight yard line. ryans got taken out on the long gain.

mario got blocked on the td run. took him way to long to shed his blocker. td right over his space. no double team.

our ball hodgdon should start. he is better than flanagan. with him spencer and pitts we could have a very solid lt side of the line.

mckinney gets beat on first down for a short gain

salaam is getting beat on a reagular basis. our backs cant even slow a pass rusher down.

first sack of the game. salaam gets beat, dayne gets beat, one rusher wasnt blocked. 3rd and 3 and carr takes a 7 step drop. with our oline. not smart. we will punt.

if you want to gain 10 yards just run to mario's side of the ball. ive seen him play both end postions so far in this game.

carr makes a savy play by knocking the deflected ball down. i just mention this because he doesnt always make smart football decisions.

hodgdon still looks good.

not a good series for carr. this fumbled snap looked like his fault. some incompletions and a ugly pass to aj.

tburdette
09-24-2006, 09:22 PM
I voted that we didn't give up.

If Orr's TD hadn't been called back (** EDIT: and we could have gotten a 2 point conversion), we would have been down by 8 and in a position to tie the game. IF our Defense could have gotten another stop.

We're bad and we need work, but I don't think this team is giving up.

Too many IF's in there. We need a total makeover.

utahmark
09-24-2006, 09:28 PM
if you want to gain 10 yards just run to mario's side of the ball. ive seen him play both end postions so far in this game.

carr makes a savy play by knocking the deflected ball down. i just mention this because he doesnt always make smart football decisions.

hodgdon still looks good.

not a good series for carr. this fumbled snap looked like his fault. some incompletions and a ugly pass to aj.

defense held. greenwood made a good tackle on 3rd down.

here is a joke. how do you know if the other team is running a screen pass. if mario williams gets anywhere near the opposing teams quarterback then you know its a screen pass. sorta like those red neck jokes.

salaam was looking better but then reality hit. he got beat with a spin move didnt effect the play however.

hodgdon for president. i really like this guy.

utahmark
09-24-2006, 09:58 PM
defense held. greenwood made a good tackle on 3rd down.

here is a joke. how do you know if the other team is running a screen pass. if mario williams gets anywhere near the opposing teams quarterback then you know its a screen pass. sorta like those red neck jokes.

salaam was looking better but then reality hit. he got beat with a spin move didnt effect the play however.

hodgdon for president. i really like this guy.

this is wash last drive before half.

ive never seen a defensive series as poor as this one.

wash was penalized the whole way down the field. we had the refs on our side. we had the clock on our side. the fans were still making noise. and we could do anything to stop them. they had 3rd and 13, they made it. 2cnd and 21 they made it.

i dont get to see safty play that often but this play the angle was right and it made me sick. maybe the coaches are watching the tv replays instead of game film and this is why these guys are still playing.

neither of these guys got blocked they both had a clear view of the action and portis was already through with his moves he was running straight ahead. these guys both took horrible angles and couldnt make the play. cc brown look comical. he under ran portis and then tried to cut back after him and fell. this guy shouldnt be playing again. he got faked out of his shoes earlier as well. you can stick with earl for a while but brown shouldnt start next week.

halftime. im going to try to start a thread and finish this. if i still cant start one i will finish the second half here.

AMartin56
09-24-2006, 10:21 PM
Someone voted for team pride? Our defense totally gave up after that draw for a TD before the half! No pride at all. Our 'D' let them move the ball at will in OUR stadium! Our defense was sooooo accommodating that I wouldn't be surprised if they all rented out the honeymoon suite at a fancy hotel so they could introduce the Redskins to their wives while they waited in the lobby in case the Washington players needed anything...

Napa Auto Parts
09-24-2006, 10:26 PM
i think Carr looked somewhat like a real QB for the 1st time i super pumped up after the 1st drive i just wish we could keep that consistency.
and man our defense sucks BUTT