PDA

View Full Version : Horrible vs Horrible!

[[Gary Kubiak]]
09-22-2006, 03:19 AM
Texans are stinking it up, Redskins are even worst. Two 0-2 teams and somebody will come away with a win!

Were gonna be winners this sunday boys!!!! :redtowel: :redtowel:

wicked_wayz
09-22-2006, 03:33 AM
];448160']Texans are stinking it up, Redskins are even worst. Two 0-2 teams and somebody will come away with a win!

i hope so

Aztequila
09-22-2006, 03:48 AM
We need this win. If we don't get it, it only goes downhill, until we hit the raiders and titans.

texflex513
09-22-2006, 07:40 AM
This is a big game for us the redskins are better than their record... a win would really get us going..I want portis to play so we can shut his mouth and his legs down.

thunderkyss
09-22-2006, 07:59 AM
REdskins can't get their offense going........

We can't stop offenses........

sounds like a match made in heaven....

aj.
09-22-2006, 08:00 AM
];448160']Texans are stinking it up, Redskins are even worst. Two 0-2 teams and somebody will come away with a win!

The Redskins are not the worst. The top Wikipedia entry for worst would show a picture of the Texans defense.

And if the Redskins were worse (than the Texans), they wouldn't be favored by 4 on the road.

Portis will get 30 touches and Gregg Williams will be blitzing and blitzing and then blitzing more.

I know a lot of our fans at Reliant will be at their worst if certain things happen, or don't happen.

Goldeagle
09-22-2006, 08:38 AM
Ive said it, and I am calling it, Texans 0-4 and go either 4-12 or 5-11 this year.

Next year, the team is in the system, Free agents, the draft, and who knows.

thetexanator
09-22-2006, 09:59 AM
redskins have a way better defense. clinton p is going to break runs on marios side all day

HOU-TEX
09-22-2006, 10:02 AM
redskins have a way better defense. clinton p is going to break runs on marios side all day

Especially when he over persues into the backfield. It'll open a massive hole like it did in Indy. Let's hope he was told to rush the QB every play and not play the run because that's what it kinda looked like.:francis:

Texans_Chick
09-22-2006, 10:31 AM
The Redskins are not the worst. The top Wikipedia entry for worst would show a picture of the Texans defense.

And if the Redskins were worse (than the Texans), they wouldn't be favored by 4 on the road.

Portis will get 30 touches and Gregg Williams will be blitzing and blitzing and then blitzing more.

I know a lot of our fans at Reliant will be at their worst if certain things happen, or don't happen.

A very fair review.

If Portis gets the run game going, it will open everything up for their offense.

Runner
09-22-2006, 10:46 AM
I caught the end of Carr’s 610 show this morning. They were talking about Salaam replacing Spencer. I’m paraphrasing, but he said that “Salaam understands the offense so he won’t come in glassy eyed” and that Salaam would therefore “be able to play to the best of his ability”.

The first part sounds good, but the second sounds like faint praise at best. I hope Dave’s not already hearing footsteps.

I’m worried about the Washington blitz.

run-david-run
09-22-2006, 11:51 AM
This is either gonna be an ugly game where neither offense can get going or a slug fest where we cant stop them and they cant stop us. I dont think Brunell is good enough to beat us without a good running game, so the priority must be to stop Portis and the occasional big play to Moss. Shut those two down and we should see plenty of punts. For us on O, we have to get off to a good start and RUN THE BALL! Once that happens, we can go deep to AJ since they still wont have Springs and take advantage of their secondary. Their starting corners are Carlos Rogers, a 2nd year player who was a nickle last year, and Kenny Wright. AJ and Moulds should have a field day.

eriadoc
09-22-2006, 12:05 PM
I really think that some fans are getting ahead of themselves a little bit, expecting a win vs. the Redskins. That team has a lot more talent than our team and we've performed horribly to this point. Their offensive line has a solid pair of tackles in Jansen and Samuels (their center's not bad, either). Santana Moss can (and probably will) torch anyone in our secondary repeatedly. Our defense has performed terribly against tight ends this year (and last year, and the year before, and ....), and the Skins are looking to get Cooley more involved, like he was last year. With Portis being back in the lineup, that doesn't bode well either. We never stop the running game.

Offensively, we have some hope, I think, as we moved the ball on the Eagles, who have a good defense, but we won't win if our defense can't stop Portis, Cooley, and Moss. Brunell is also mobile enough to avoid pressure, not that we really get much.

Just saying ... temper those expectations.

Doug
09-22-2006, 12:43 PM
I expect my team to win and that's going to be every week. I think Mario will have his first sack of the season and I see Gado breaking off some big runs. I don't see this game as a walk in the park by any means but I do see us making some positive things happen that we haven't seen in the last 2 weeks.

Mr. White
09-22-2006, 01:03 PM
I expect their horrible to be superior to our horrible.

I'll be glad just to see improvement over our horrible showing last week.

WWJD
09-22-2006, 02:18 PM
I was just reading a little blurb on AOL that said that no teams that went 0-2 last year went to the playoffs?!?!

I am going to go back and see if I misread that...that does not bode well for the Redskins then who were in the playoffs last year.

I think they'll come here with a chip on their shoulder and I'm hoping and expecting the Texans to be much more efficient on both sides of the ball.

infantrycak
09-22-2006, 02:22 PM
I was just reading a little blurb on AOL that said that no teams that went 0-2 last year went to the playoffs?!?!

I am going to go back and see if I misread that...that does not bode well for the Redskins then who were in the playoffs last year.

I think they'll come here with a chip on their shoulder and I'm hoping and expecting the Texans to be much more efficient on both sides of the ball.

They had a similar quote on one of the TV shows which was only 4 of the last 49 teams to start a season 0-2 has gone to the playoffs--don't recall the time period.

Texans Horror
09-22-2006, 02:29 PM
I caught the end of Carr’s 610 show this morning. They were talking about Salaam replacing Spencer. I’m paraphrasing, but he said that “Salaam understands the offense so he won’t come in glassy eyed” and that Salaam would therefore “be able to play to the best of his ability”.

The first part sounds good, but the second sounds like faint praise at best. I hope Dave’s not already hearing footsteps.

I’m worried about the Washington blitz.

If Carr doesn't believe in the line, he should pressure the coaches to provide the line he believes in. That's the only way anything will get done.