PDA

View Full Version : Old players are core players and hit hard too

RDillon
09-20-2006, 04:49 PM
I know the lack of NFL experience is holding the team up. This defence is going to have to pressure the passer and stump the run. Getting what I consider a core player and they may be old and can fill vacancys. We need a good center. We need a good full back. Awareness is the key to this game. Defence go to where the ball is. Offence Know where the ball is and protect it. Thats all i am sayin. Lets get some lunch bucket not lookin to be superstar players that just get the job done one play at a time.

kcwilson
09-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Not sure where you are coming from... but Flanagan is the veteran center I think you describe, and is a lunch bucket kinda guy.

Cook isn't that bad, and fits the role within the team.

Am I missing something?

I don't think bringing in a veteran is what is going to make all 11 players on one side of the ball start performing. They are only as good as a unit, not as an individual. The return of Kailee Wong will act as the veteran leadership on the defensive side of the ball. And Eric Moulds will start expressing himself in the next few weeks if the offense sputters.

Even more important is Kubiak, who has to level set the expectations and make sure this team knows that they can win. A win vs. Wash or Miami will 'break the seal' so to speak, in my opinion. They tasted victory in preseason and were rolling. They just ran into two buzz saws in Philly and Indy... we all knew this was the rough part. Let's get through the next few weeks and learn what we have.

Year 1 is the learning year. In year 2, we draft Bush, Michael Bush.

texflex513
09-20-2006, 05:03 PM
I know the lack of NFL experience is holding the team up. This defence is going to have to pressure the passer and stump the run. Getting what I consider a core player and they may be old and can fill vacancys. We need a good center. We need a good full back. Awareness is the key to this game. Defence go to where the ball is. Offence Know where the ball is and protect it. Thats all i am sayin. Lets get some lunch bucket not lookin to be superstar players that just get the job done one play at a time.

We got as many as we could this year in flanagan moulds and weaver..hopefully we will be able to add more in the offseason or via trade.

AlbinoRat
09-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Not sure where you are coming from... but Flanagan is the veteran center I think you describe, and is a lunch bucket kinda guy.

Cook isn't that bad, and fits the role within the team.

Am I missing something?

I don't think bringing in a veteran is what is going to make all 11 players on one side of the ball start performing. They are only as good as a unit, not as an individual. The return of Kailee Wong will act as the veteran leadership on the defensive side of the ball. And Eric Moulds will start expressing himself in the next few weeks if the offense sputters.

Even more important is Kubiak, who has to level set the expectations and make sure this team knows that they can win. A win vs. Wash or Miami will 'break the seal' so to speak, in my opinion. They tasted victory in preseason and were rolling. They just ran into two buzz saws in Philly and Indy... we all knew this was the rough part. Let's get through the next few weeks and learn what we have.

Year 1 is the learning year. In year 2, we draft Bush, Michael Bush.

Michael Bush? no oh no! He won't be coming out this year, especially with that broken leg. Garrett Wolfe or Adrian Peterson are the most likely candidates.

AustinJB
09-20-2006, 11:47 PM
We got as many as we could this year in flanagan moulds and weaver..hopefully we will be able to add more in the offseason or via trade.

Yeah, and don't forget we added Cowart too....before we knew Ryans was going to be a BEAST:yikes:

mexican_texan
09-21-2006, 12:24 AM
Michael Bush? no oh no! He won't be coming out this year, especially with that broken leg. Garrett Wolfe or Adrian Peterson are the most likely candidates.
Oh, he's coming out this year. I think he announced it already.

It's better to rebuild with players that can be groomed to play in the system.