PDA

View Full Version : Can we call Bruce Smith?

Texans Front Row Crew
09-20-2006, 11:04 AM
I don't know if its happened already, but has Bruce Smith and Mario Williams ever met. I know Andre Johnson met Jerry Rice (and I thought that he was his role model?) But, I thought I read that Mario considered himself more of a running back type person and looked up to Barry Sanders and the like.

IMO, if these to could meet (again?), exchange some ideas and experiences, it could only benefit Mario. Imagine what these two could say to each other. I could help pay for the plane ticket, if they meet at my house over BBQ (that would be alot of BBQ)

I'm not saying that Mario Williams need some extra assistance (I believe he will excel), but in any professional endevour, if there is someone that started in your position, and was extremly proficient for many years, it might be worth some of your time.

cowboy62
09-20-2006, 11:41 AM
i think it would help him,look at dallas they had banks,LT help out the linebakers the past few years.

texflex513
09-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Wouldnt hurt to talk to any of those guys..LONG, SMITH...as well as some the guys that play his position now.. J Taylor or even J Peppers.. I think the 2 main things that will help mario more than anything is patience and coaching. When those 2 take effect it is gonna be a joy to see.

michaelm
09-20-2006, 04:27 PM
U thought I read in preseason that B. Smith was interested in mentoring Mario. My memory isn't the greatest, so i could be wrong.
I don't know if they ever met, but I think smith may have called Mario after the draft.

Honoring Earl 34
09-20-2006, 04:43 PM
U thought I read in preseason that B. Smith was interested in mentoring Mario. My memory isn't the greatest, so i could be wrong.
I don't know if they ever met, but I think smith may have called Mario after the draft.

It was Smith and Deacon Jones .

run-david-run
09-20-2006, 05:10 PM
So a sure-fire Hall of Famer and a possible Hall of Famer...get em on the phone!!!!

RiotCommander
09-20-2006, 05:21 PM
So a sure-fire Hall of Famer and a possible Hall of Famer...get em on the phone!!!!

Deacon Jones is the best DE to ever play the game, and is already in the Hall. I don't know exactly how he could help Mario however. Its almost a completely different game now then it was when he played. I would be interested in hearing Bruce Smith's opinions on Mario.

run-david-run
09-20-2006, 10:34 PM
Deacon Jones is the best DE to ever play the game, and is already in the Hall. I don't know exactly how he could help Mario however. Its almost a completely different game now then it was when he played. I would be interested in hearing Bruce Smith's opinions on Mario.

Showing my age there (or lack there of), but yeah, someone get Bruce on the phone.

kfranco_utexas
09-20-2006, 10:41 PM
:spy: