PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with Orr?

gtexan02
09-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Last year this guy was in the backfield all the time. He was stuffing the run, accumulating sacks, etc.

This year, he has been absent. Did he even play in the game against Indy? I checked his stats, and he has totaled 1 tackle in two games. He's still listed as #1 on the depth chart.

real
09-20-2006, 11:18 AM
Last year this guy was in the backfield all the time. He was stuffing the run, accumulating sacks, etc.

This year, he has been absent. Did he even play in the game against Indy? I checked his stats, and he has totaled 1 tackle in two games. He's still listed as #1 on the depth chart.

They played Nickel and Dime against Indy...Greenwood and Ryans were the two LB's...

V Man
09-20-2006, 11:26 AM

I mentioned this earlier and I got blasted. I feel that he may be more suited for the 3-4. There he can play the outside, and play closer to the line of scrimmage. There he can take advantage of his high energy by attack the QB and making plays in the backfield.

I still think he can be an important person on our team. Special Blitz packages and Special Teams seem to suit his skills for our team.

El Tejano
09-20-2006, 11:32 AM
They played Nickel and Dime against Indy...Greenwood and Ryans were the two LB's...

And there my friends is the problem.

ArlingtonTexan
09-20-2006, 11:33 AM
I mentioned this earlier and I got blasted. I feel that he may be more suited for the 3-4. There he can play the outside, and play closer to the line of scrimmage. There he can take advantage of his high energy by attack the QB and making plays in the backfield.

I still think he can be an important person on our team. Special Blitz packages and Special Teams seem to suit his skills for our team.

I am not sure why you get blasted for that take on Orr when it is correct. Orr has really worked hard to find a place in the NFL doing and learning whatever he has been asked, but as a complete NFL LB he is marginal. His best place was as OLB in the 3-4.

V Man
09-20-2006, 11:37 AM
I am not sure why you get blasted for that take on Orr when it is correct. Orr has really worked hard to find a place in the NFL doing and learning whatever he has been asked, but as a complete NFL LB he is marginal. His best place was as OLB in the 3-4.

Maybe blasted is too strong of a word, but in a different thread, I brought the same point about Orr, and had several posters question me on my statement.

Vinny
09-20-2006, 11:39 AM
correct. Orr isn't playing the same position as a 3-4 tweener. He isn't a 4-3 starter quality linebacker.

real
09-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Maybe blasted is too strong of a word, but in a different thread, I brought the same point about Orr, and had several posters question me on my statement.

Maybe because he's really only played 1 game ....:lightbulb:

V Man
09-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Maybe because he's really only played 1 game ....:lightbulb:

Fine, he played only one game. So that makes it ok for your starting Strongside Linebacker to make ONE tackle. And if that is the case no wonder our defense stinks, and I wouldn't expect it to get any better if ONE tackle a game for LB's is the standard.

Doom Capers
09-20-2006, 11:55 AM

That did a lot of good.

real
09-20-2006, 12:45 PM
Fine, he played only one game. So that makes it ok for your starting Strongside Linebacker to make ONE tackle. And if that is the case no wonder our defense stinks, and I wouldn't expect it to get any better if ONE tackle a game for LB's is the standard.

He had one tackle last game...on special teams...3 total on the season...Check your stats again buddy...
http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/LB-TACKLES/2006/regular?&_3:col_1=1&start_row=151

Basically I am not going to write a guy off after one game...I know he isn't the best option and I think next year him or Greenwood/ or both/ will be replaced....I think he can do some positve things for us though on special teams and on select defensive opprotunities...

V Man
09-20-2006, 01:31 PM
He had one tackle last game...on special teams...3 total on the season...Check your stats again buddy...
http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/LB-TACKLES/2006/regular?&_3:col_1=1&start_row=151

Basically I am not going to write a guy off after one game...I know he isn't the best option and I think next year him or Greenwood/ or both/ will be replaced....I think he can do some positve things for us though on special teams and on select defensive opprotunities...

So basically you agree with me. My originial post on the subject was on who to draft.

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showpost.php?p=444453&postcount=11

I thought his position is an area we need to improve (which you agree). I never said we had somebody that could do better or replace him with. Never said I didn't like him or counted him out. Just an area I thought we could upgrade.

As for stats, so NFL has him at three, espn has him at one. Either way, both just show that his position is an area of concern.

El Tejano
09-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Any update on Wong and how he is doing?

real
09-20-2006, 02:25 PM
So basically you agree with me. My originial post on the subject was on who to draft.

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showpost.php?p=444453&postcount=11

I thought his position is an area we need to improve (which you agree). I never said we had somebody that could do better or replace him with. Never said I didn't like him or counted him out. Just an area I thought we could upgrade.

As for stats, so NFL has him at three, espn has him at one. Either way, both just show that his position is an area of concern.

Well Im not agreeing if you are saying that this is the most pressing need....But of course it can be upgraded...We have a lot that can be upgraded....

V Man
09-20-2006, 02:31 PM
Well Im not agreeing if you are saying that this is the most pressing need....But of course it can be upgraded...We have a lot that can be upgraded....

Agreed, a lot to be upgraded. I think our most pressing need is at Safety (especially Free), but that had already been mentioned in the thread. I was just stating another.

real
09-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Agreed, a lot to be upgraded. I think our most pressing need is at Safety (especially Free), but that had already been mentioned in that thread. I was just stating another.

Well then yeah...I agree....If he doesn't step his game up I think we should either draft a true MLB and move Meco to WLB...or just draft a SLB....