PDA

View Full Version : Portis sets sights on Houston

axman40
09-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis, who did not play in the team's loss to the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, plans to return to the lineup this week against the Houston Texans.
"In my mind, there's not a doubt," Portis said yesterday at Redskin Park.
Portis carried 10 times and caught two passes in the Redskins' season-opening loss to the Minnesota Vikings. He sat out the Dallas game, however, because of what he called a "jammed" left rotator cuff, an injury unrelated to the dislocated left shoulder he suffered Aug. 13.
http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20060918-115324-8096r.htm

:texans:

Reddevil63
09-19-2006, 09:38 PM
He said the same thing before the last game. If he does play he probably wont get more than 15 carries.

wrestler4life
09-19-2006, 10:13 PM
No problem. Let's knock his butt out the first time he gets the ball!

Blu
09-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Hey..we should send o'Portis some You Tube video of Marvin Zindler.
You know, so he can play dress up (http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2658/portis1103056om.jpg) and inspect a few taquerias while in town this weekend.
Here's hoping TJ and DeMeco knock some sence into that kid.

gg no re
09-19-2006, 10:32 PM
I couldn't stop thinking about Jason Simmon's hit on Chris Brown a few seasons ago.....

mexican_texan
09-19-2006, 10:59 PM
Guess who's one of my marquee RBs coming back from injury into my FF team?

Malloy
09-20-2006, 01:48 AM
From a strictly Houston-perspective, I hope it starts hurting a bit more sunday morning, just enough for him to sit it out :)

GermanTexan
09-20-2006, 01:59 AM
I donŽt think that Portis will play a great factor in this game... heŽll carry the ball a few times and sits out rest of game... Just hit him hard and heŽs out for season... Big risk for himself... What we need is a pass rush in the game and weŽll win...

threetoedpete
09-20-2006, 02:29 AM
If you saw the tackel he got injured on....you don't have to hit him hard. Just hit the shoulder and it pops out. A helathy portis scares me to death. This Portis is waiting on the surgen at the end of the season. They got two guys Named T.J. and Betts. This week we find out about Demeeeco.

aj.
09-20-2006, 06:53 AM
I couldn't stop thinking about Jason Simmon's hit on Chris Brown a few seasons ago.....

I've stopped thinking about it because Simmons missed the next six games because of that hit.

Similar article on Portis: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/18/AR2006091801048.html

powerfuldragon
09-20-2006, 10:25 AM
Mario'll get him if he tries to run.

run-david-run
09-20-2006, 10:36 AM
One thing about Mario, when he is diciplined against the run, he can stop it. They wont run to his side too often (be ready Babin)

El Tejano
09-20-2006, 12:31 PM
They will run Portis and we won't rush the passer at all and because of it they will be able to move the ball.

Same story different week.

Doug
09-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Personally, I think this is the game where Mario gets his first sack.

mexican_texan
09-21-2006, 09:39 PM
Personally, I think this is the game where Mario gets his first sack.
Jon Jansen(RT) is the only guy I can name off their O line. That's not a good thing for them.

blockhead83
09-21-2006, 10:57 PM
If Portis is 100% we'll be lucky to hold him under a buck fifty. I haven't seen anything from our D that makes me think they're better now than they were when they gave up , what, like 200+ to Larry Johnson last year. Until the guys in the trenches step up and make plays for us we're going to lose, it's that simple.

gtexan02
09-22-2006, 09:09 AM
Portis is too fast and slippery for our secondary. If he gets past our DL and into the secondary, we're done unless he hits Duntas side

El Tejano
09-22-2006, 09:13 AM
As I said before. Portis will have a good day and therefore Brunell will get all day to throw and look like he is primed for a Super Bowl run.

Blake
09-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Jon Jansen(RT) is the only guy I can name off their O line. That's not a good thing for them.

How about:

Chris Samuels OT
Todd Wade OT
Randy Thomas G

TheOgre
09-22-2006, 10:11 AM
Is Cory Raymer still their C?

Samuels should be remembered. He was taken along with LaVar Arrington #2 and #3 overall one year.

run-david-run
09-22-2006, 10:38 AM
We havnt given up a 100 yard rusher thus far, so lets not give up on the run defense just yet. This is the first test in my eyes, for this team. Winning either of those first two games would have been a bonus, however, this is where we have to make a statement.

HOU-TEX
09-22-2006, 10:45 AM
We havnt given up a 100 yard rusher thus far, so lets not give up on the run defense just yet. This is the first test in my eyes, for this team. Winning either of those first two games would have been a bonus, however, this is where we have to make a statement.

No, we haven't. But..we've given up 255 yards in two games versus our 178 yards against our opponent. I wouldn't say that's very good at all. Although I agree on the remainder of your statement.:redtowel:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/HOU

Double Barrel
09-22-2006, 11:58 AM
As I said before. Portis will have a good day and therefore Brunell will get all day to throw and look like he is primed for a Super Bowl run.

yeah, we've got to stop making bad QBs look good. I swear every QB we faced last year had a career day against the Texans.

McNabb and Manning not withstanding (considering they are two of the best right now), I hope we can curb that trend with Mark Brunell. Dude is one bad game away from being benched, so let us all hope that this is that game.

GP
09-22-2006, 12:03 PM

What?

The guy is finished. Period.

He's one big sack and fumble away from being benched for Campbell.

Losing to the lowly Texans is going to make it happen.

WWJD
09-22-2006, 01:22 PM
I heard Coach Gibbs say last week that he likes to let his players tell him if they are ready to play. So I guess if he's still got a twinge in that shoulder and makes a comment it's up to him if he plays or not.

If he does play he does make them better on offense with just his running ability. I am not sure what type of blocker he is though. They had a tough time with the Cowboys blitzing.

So hopefully the Texans can continue that.

REDSKINS!
09-22-2006, 10:41 PM
I heard Coach Gibbs say last week that he likes to let his players tell him if they are ready to play. So I guess if he's still got a twinge in that shoulder and makes a comment it's up to him if he plays or not.

If he does play he does make them better on offense with just his running ability. I am not sure what type of blocker he is though. They had a tough time with the Cowboys blitzing.

So hopefully the Texans can continue that.

Clinton Portis is one of the best Blocking RBs in the league.