PDA

View Full Version : Reasons we will lose to the Redskins

Jawja Texan
09-19-2006, 04:31 PM
I am just trying to do the opposite of what I did last week. I started a "Reasons we will beat the Colts" thread, and then halfway through the first quarter, I realized I jinxed us. So, this week's thread will be "Reasons we will lose to the Redskins" in hopes that it will cause us to actually win. Here they are:

1.) We're horrible.

2.) Espn is always right.

3.) Reggie Bush just beat Jesus in a tennis match.

Porky
09-19-2006, 04:39 PM
I am just trying to do the opposite of what I did last week. I started a "Reasons we will beat the Colts" thread, and then halfway through the first quarter, I realized I jinxed us. So, this week's thread will be "Reasons we will lose to the Redskins" in hopes that it will cause us to actually win. Here they are:

1.) We're horrible.

I know this is hard to believe, but maybe it's actually possible you are neither a jinx nor a good luck charm? :tiptoe:

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
09-19-2006, 04:40 PM

1.) We're horrible.

Good one JT you know if this works you have commited your self to doing it EVERYWEEK thru the season!

real
09-19-2006, 04:42 PM
I know this is hard to believe, but maybe it's actually possible you are neither a jinx nor a good luck charm? :tiptoe:

LMAO!!!:redtowel:

Jawja Texan
09-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Good one JT you know if this works you have commited your self to doing it EVERYWEEK thru the season!

I am ready to make that sacrifice. :yahoo:

Big J
09-19-2006, 04:52 PM
While I would LOVE to see us beat the Skins....there is one important factor that was missing from their offense during the first two weeks.

Clinton Portis

The guy is a playmaker and will open up their offense.

However, their play calling and Old Man Brunnel have really really sucked. Also without Shaun Springs their coverages havent been so solid. As long as Lundy doesnt get to many carry's (Sean Taylor will kill him literally) and CARR HAS ANOTHER GOOD PERFORMANCE, it could be a more competitive game.

Lets hope Salaam is up to the challenge this week.

HOU-TEX
09-19-2006, 05:03 PM
While I would LOVE to see us beat the Skins....there is one important factor that was missing from their offense during the first two weeks.

Clinton Portis

The guy is a playmaker and will open up their offense.

However, their play calling and Old Man Brunnel have really really sucked. Also without Shaun Springs their coverages havent been so solid. As long as Lundy doesnt get to many carry's (Sean Taylor will kill him literally) and CARR HAS ANOTHER GOOD PERFORMANCE, it could be a more competitive game.

Lets hope Salaam is up to the challenge this week.

I believe he'll be playing Sunday.

As I've said previously. It'll be won on the line of scrimmage.:hunter:

Double Barrel
09-19-2006, 05:07 PM
We've got to play disciplined ball that avoids giving the game away with stupid mistakes. That should be first and foremost on the players' minds. The second thing is that we should hit hard, and I mean make the other team pay with good, clean football hits.

Wolf
09-19-2006, 05:13 PM
We are already playing for Adrian Peterson

BYAAAAWWWWW!

(I am JOKING...JOKING I tell ya!)

Wolf
09-19-2006, 05:14 PM
seriously... our defense has to step up.. has to get pressure to help the secondary..

kcwilson
09-19-2006, 05:18 PM

In fairness, Jesus was always getting hit by something and wasn't used to hitting something.... kinda like Davd Carr... therefore, I can guess you could use the theory of deductive reasoning to say that Carr = Jesus.

texaslifter
09-19-2006, 05:21 PM
This is our first winnable game, imo.

Their wide receivers have talent, and their new coaching staff is very good - but I think they are still adjusting to a new playbook and coaching style like we are.

Talent-wise, if you take out Clinton Portis I think its a toss-up. Will be very interested in seeing how it plays out.

Jawja Texan
09-19-2006, 05:24 PM
In fairness, Jesus was always getting hit by something and wasn't used to hitting something.... kinda like Davd Carr... therefore, I can guess you could use the theory of deductive reasoning to say that Carr = Jesus.

:highfive:

Awesome

TexansTailg8r
09-19-2006, 05:26 PM
seriously... our defense has to step up.. has to get pressure to help the secondary..

No doubt about it. I know coach wants to get a good pass rush with just our front four, but we just aren't there yet. Wanna See Old Man Brunell go off? Give him time to throw the ball. :twocents:

texflex513
09-19-2006, 05:44 PM

1.) We're horrible.

:redtowel: ROFL

South Texan
09-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Hey! The only reason Jesus lost that match is cause the guys from ESPN stole his racket to make Reggie look good!!!

Wolf
09-19-2006, 05:52 PM
I thought Reggie made water into Shinerbock and Jesus just made it into wine?

Reddevil63
09-19-2006, 06:10 PM
Are you kidding? Have you seen Jesus' backhand???

Jawja Texan
09-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Actually, I just saw Jesus with a Reggie Bush jersey on. Reggie is officially now called "Saint Reggie of New Orleans"

Wolf
09-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Reggie bush is the only person that can block a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick

Reggie Bush is the only person that can win an butt kicking contest with only one leg

ronaldod1
09-19-2006, 06:38 PM
I will hold off on forming my opinion until I see Jesus play against Fresno State this year.

GP
09-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Reasons why we will lose to Washington (GP style):

1. Gibbs is not there to "coach" the team.

2. Brunell is abducted by aliens and is given an injection that causes his body to return back to its Jaguars form.

3. Washington decides to actually use a playbook and not the Dom Capers patented "Draw a play in the dirt, and everybody hook in at five yards" style.

4. We forget to show up.

5. The ACLU wages a lawsuit against the Texans, citing that Texas illegally removed native Indians (Redskins) from its lands, and is hereby asking the state of Texas to forfeit the game in a gester of reconciliation.

Seriously, if we stop Portis...the game is ours. If we lose this game, then we are officially the worst team in the NFL. We've played two of the best teams, and we're due a couple of powder puffs.

Jawja Texan
09-20-2006, 06:14 AM
Nice