PDA

View Full Version : Falcons or the Saints ? Monday night

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-19-2006, 09:33 AM
Great upcoming Monday night game, that no one should miss, who do you like for the win, Falcons or Saints?

RiotCommander
09-19-2006, 09:34 AM
Falcons

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-19-2006, 09:36 AM
Falcons

I second that........

powerfuldragon
09-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Falcons hands down.

TexansLucky13
09-19-2006, 09:40 AM
Where is the "I don't care" option? Is it Toro time yet?

WWJD
09-19-2006, 09:40 AM
Saints.

gtexan02
09-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Where is the "I don't care" option? Is it Toro time yet?

Unfortunate news flash: It won't be Toro time on monday night for a very long time....

jlam
09-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Take a wild guess lol.

V Man
09-19-2006, 10:20 AM
I voted Falcons since there wasn't a choice for a tie.:confused:

jlam
09-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Great upcoming Monday night game, that no one should miss, who do you like for the win, Falcons or Saints?

You're absolutely right, this should be a great game and, if nothing else, a historic one. If we want to establish ourselves as contendors then we need to do against a good team like Atl (have to say it as much as I dislike them). We showed a lot of improvement in the first two games this year, and a win is a win, but we have yet to face a team that is thought to be among the best. Talk about a test for our run D (over 300 yds rushing last week for Atl).
Also a good chance to test for our offense, which has looked impressive thus far, against a seemingly very good defense.

Good matchup and intriguing storylines even for the casual football fan. Throw in Green Day and U2 playing before the game, Patty Labelle singing the anthem, should be a good time. Laissez les bons temps rouler and Geaux Saints!

TheOgre
09-19-2006, 10:32 AM
I think Cleveland and Green Bay will be drafting in the top 10. I don't think New Orleans is that good, but has played two nobodies.

jlam
09-19-2006, 10:56 AM
I think Cleveland and Green Bay will be drafting in the top 10. I don't think New Orleans is that good, but has played two nobodies.

I think they will as well, and I agree with you to an extent, but you can only play the games you are given. LOTS of new pieces on both sides of the ball are still gellin (like a fellon?) and I look for a competetive game come Monday.

gwallaia
09-19-2006, 10:58 AM
There should be a third option for "I don't care"

TexansLucky13
09-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Unfortunate news flash: It won't be Toro time on monday night for a very long time....

News flash - I don't watch Monday Night Football. Unless its the Pats. Texans will be up there soon.

There should be a third option for "I don't care"

Exactly. Can you add one?

Porky
09-19-2006, 11:22 AM
News flash - I don't watch Monday Night Football. Unless its the Pats. Texans will be up there soon.

Exactly. Can you add one?

I've never seen someone care so much about not caring.

Now to the game. I voted Saints. First, I am pulling for them, but I also expect them to be extremely fired up and the place will be rocking. Anyone remember a similar situation on Sept 8th 2002? It's not always the best team that wins. I say Saints in a barnburner 34-31.

wags
09-19-2006, 11:24 AM
If Abraham plays I say the Falcons win. If Abraham doesn't play I say the Falcons win.

thunderkyss
09-19-2006, 11:31 AM
You're absolutely right, this should be a great game and, if nothing else, a historic one. If we want to establish ourselves as contendors then we need to do against a good team like Atl (have to say it as much as I dislike them). We showed a lot of improvement in the first two games this year, and a win is a win, but we have yet to face a team that is thought to be among the best. Talk about a test for our run D (over 300 yds rushing last week for Atl).
Also a good chance to test for our offense, which has looked impressive thus far, against a seemingly very good defense.

Good matchup and intriguing storylines even for the casual football fan. Throw in Green Day and U2 playing before the game, Patty Labelle singing the anthem, should be a good time. Laissez les bons temps rouler and Geaux Saints!

If you want to establish yourselves as Contenders??

ARe you crazy??

I'm rooting for NewOrleans to win, but don't fool yourself into believing you'll be a contender this year.

but it should be an exciting game none-the-less...

Vick on one side, Bush on the other....... I can't wait.

TexansLucky13
09-19-2006, 11:32 AM
I've never seen someone care so much about not caring.

Good. I like to surprise people. There is no limit to my notcaringness when it comes to Mike Vick or Reggie Bush. The only thing I like about those two teams are...

1) J. Mora
2) Matt Schaub
3) Deangelo Hall
4) Patrick Kerney (dont ask why)

Notice those are all Falcons. I still don't care though. :rolleyes:

Mike Kerns
09-19-2006, 12:00 PM
I say Saints in a barnburner 34-31.

I will eat crow if I am incorrect, but there is no way Atlanta's defense gives up 31 to the saints after not even giving up a touchdown to Carolina or Tampa Bay. I see the game being close, simply on the fact that the Saints will be pumped. But thing is that the Saints are still the 4th best team in the AFC South. This is all my opinion. Not trying to upset Saints fans.

jlam
09-19-2006, 12:45 PM
If you want to establish yourselves as Contenders??

ARe you crazy??

I'm rooting for NewOrleans to win, but don't fool yourself into believing you'll be a contender this year.

but it should be an exciting game none-the-less...

Vick on one side, Bush on the other....... I can't wait.

OK, let me clarify. I do not expect us to contend for anything more than a playoff spot this year. Is it likely? No. But there is always lightning in a bottle and if a team gets hot, wins the ones they should and knocks off some favored teams along the way, who knows what will happen?

I apologize for coming across as unrealistic in my expectations. Perhaps compete would have been a better word. All in all, I'm just happy to see N.O. bring a disciplined, exciting product to the field. I hope it sticks around a while.

jlam
09-19-2006, 12:54 PM
I will eat crow if I am incorrect, but there is no way Atlanta's defense gives up 31 to the saints after not even giving up a touchdown to Carolina or Tampa Bay. I see the game being close, simply on the fact that the Saints will be pumped. But thing is that the Saints are still the 4th best team in the AFC South. This is all my opinion. Not trying to upset Saints fans.

I agree. If Atl's D plays the way it did the first two weeks, then I don't see us scoring tons of point either. Keep in mind though, that Carolina looked punchless without Steve Smith, and Tampa's O just looks horrid thus far (against two very good D's however). I can't argue your opinion as the Saints being the 4th best team in the division until we beat those teams (though my personal opinion may differ).

And I welcome substantiated criticism of my team. If I think differently, I'll say why. I assure you we know we have a long ways to go.

thunderkyss
09-19-2006, 01:40 PM
I agree. If Atl's D plays the way it did the first two weeks, then I don't see us scoring tons of point either. Keep in mind though, that Carolina looked punchless without Steve Smith, and Tampa's O just looks horrid thus far (against two very good D's however). I can't argue your opinion as the Saints being the 4th best team in the division until we beat those teams (though my personal opinion may differ).

And I welcome substantiated criticism of my team. If I think differently, I'll say why. I assure you we know we have a long ways to go.

Now why can't more Saints fans be like you....... you must be a transplant.

jlam
09-19-2006, 04:31 PM
Now why can't more Saints fans be like you....... you must be a transplant.

Nah, born and raised in La. One playoff win in 30+ years of existence has a way of humbling most rational people.

That said, I think we go undefeated and Deuce and Reggie break the season rushing record. Both of them. Individually.

:hides:

Rosewood
09-19-2006, 04:33 PM

I'm going with the saints...they are not playing good offense but they are finding way to win...They will shut down vick and that falcon offense..

GuerillaBlack
09-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Falcons, but I wish we were the team playing. I mean we helped out that city bunches (you know, taking in their criminals and all). As well as helping their poor that they couldn't do for the ast 100 years. They least the NFL could have done was let the Texans play their first Monday Night Game in New Orleans. I think it would have been nice.

chuckm
09-19-2006, 05:13 PM
I need a third choice ..... who gives a **** ....

Porky
09-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Falcons, but I wish we were the team playing. I mean we helped out that city bunches (you know, taking in their criminals and all). As well as helping their poor that they couldn't do for the ast 100 years. They least the NFL could have done was let the Texans play their first Monday Night Game in New Orleans. I think it would have been nice.

We don't play the Saints this year, so kinda hard to do.

texasguy346
09-19-2006, 09:09 PM
If Abraham plays I say the Falcons win. If Abraham doesn't play I say the Falcons win.

I'm with you on that one. The Falcons have been running the ball like crazy on Tampa & Carolina. If they can run it with so much success against a DLine like the Panthers I don't think they'll have much trouble against the Saints. Divisional games are usually a toss up but this one isn't one where I think the Saints will be capable of the upset.

GuerillaBlack
09-19-2006, 09:17 PM
We don't play the Saints this year, so kinda hard to do.

Maybe the league could have sceduled it?

texasguy346
09-19-2006, 09:20 PM

Saints are in the NFC South, and this year we're playing the NFC East teams as are all the other teams in the AFC South.

jlam
09-20-2006, 08:31 AM

Don't worry, we get you guys next year in Houston. Lots of questions should be answered by then.

Mike Kerns
09-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Don't worry, we get you guys next year in Houston. Lots of questions should be answered by then.

Hopefully Reggie will roll an ankle...:hides:

Farough
09-20-2006, 08:49 PM
I also picked Falcons

thunderkyss
09-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Whoa...... on NFL network they're showing that Atlanta is running UTs "OneRead Option", and averaging 279 yards per game on the ground after two games.

Baldinger explained this is the way to run the option in the NFL, because it protects the QB. In a normal option, the QB becomes a running back, coming around the corner, he is a fair target for LBs to light up. He says they are taught, to take the QB out of the game ASAP if he carries it around the corner.

With the "OneRead" from the shotgun, until the NFl learns to defend it, the QB or the running back has big wholes & lots of running room. Michael Vick also looks like he's making his big gains, and getting down, or getting out of bounds, to stay healthy.......

FILO_girl
09-20-2006, 10:28 PM
I gotta go with Ron Mexico....since there is no third option at this time. :yawn:

jlam
09-21-2006, 09:11 AM
Hopefully Reggie will roll an ankle...:hides:

Sssshhhhhhh!!......We don't speak of these things.:hide: