PDA

View Full Version : This board is sad....

Crazygomer
09-18-2006, 06:57 PM
How is everyone doing?

I saw on ESPN today a poll of the top 5 worst teams in the NFL right now. We came in second with 11% behind the Raiders. The bucc's and the panthers were on there as well. (I think we have played much better then both of them, but I guess people think they will rebound).

I feel good about next week, but I don't think I'm going to come to this board for awhile. It's so depressing. Yeah, promises were not kept, but were coming off a 2-14 season.

Look, We have the WORST scedule in the NFL and like most years, all the other CHAMPION teams have a nice scedule.

I mean, ROME was not built in a day and it's only our 5 season, so I'm really not worried about success for this ball club.

THOUGH, I DO WORRY ABOUT THE FANS!!!

I KNEW we were not going to be the Eagles or the Colts so I did not get my hops up.

At the end of the day I still think we have the possiblity of finishing 7-9 or 8-8and I would be happy with that. 6-10 would suck, but is shows signs of improvement.

KEEP IN MIND- OUR DEFENSE IS YOUNG! It's going to take time to learn and get better. It also does not help you got the Eagles and Colts first!!!

I've watched both games and I also think our offensive has looked realy good!

Keep the hope and faith my friends, take those paper bags of your heads, smile for once.:)

Double Barrel
09-18-2006, 07:08 PM
"This line is for buses driving over the edge of sanity. It has been overbooked in Houston, so please be patient, as buses depart the terminal every 5 minutes."

Don't let the negative stuff turn you away, man. This stuff happens for a losing team. If we were 2-0, you'd have the other half of the lunatic fringe running around talking Superbowl right now. :crazy:

There are some good football minds in the forum...and sometimes, through all the 'get-a-grip' threads, we get to talk about the game of football.

But stick around. You appear to have a rational brain and understand the big picture concept. We need more folks like you to balance things out.

Winning is not a matter of 'if', but 'when'.

FILO_girl
09-18-2006, 07:10 PM
I been meaning to ask Vinny how often Francis has been running around the board....is he the top emoticon in use presently? :francis:

Whats Francis' stats? :woot2

Everyone wants their two pennies worth on the boards, some are shiny and some are just dull as heck. But there is truth in each view. Not going to get the cheerful optimists to post all the time...in every message board posters' life a little depressing thread time must fall. Especially when dealing with the Texans' trials and tribulations.

:texan: Bottom line, all that needs to be known.

mexican_texan
09-18-2006, 07:11 PM
There are exactly zero teams that have never had losing records. There are always good days and bad days, except for the Lions, Cardinals, Saints, and us, who have yet to see the good days.

Wolf
09-18-2006, 07:12 PM
I don't buy the strength of schedule excuse. I don't by the expansion label either (that train has come and gone).. This is the NFL and a fine line between winning and losing

How's our young team going to get tougher and better if we are playing a weak schedule? Yes it is unfortunate that we hit to superbowl contenders on the first 2 weeks before we have learned the new schemes, but that is tough...learn on the fly

RiotCommander
09-18-2006, 07:13 PM
"This line is for buses driving over the edge of sanity. It has been overbooked in Houston, so please be patient, as buses depart the terminal every 5 minutes."

Don't let the negative stuff turn you away, man. This stuff happens for a losing team. If we were 2-0, you'd have the other half of the lunatic fringe running around talking Superbowl right now. :crazy:

There are some good football minds in the forum...and sometimes, through all the 'get-a-grip' threads, we get to talk about the game of football.

But stick around. You appear to have a rational brain and understand the big picture concept. We need more folks like you to balance things out.

Winning is not a matter of 'if', but 'when'.

What are you trying to say?!?!? We are not in the running for the Superbowl? :shoot: .......

In all seriousness I have no idea what goes through the minds of some of my fellow fans. The ones that think we are going to win 13+ games are the same ones that freak out when we lose the first two. :rolleyes:

hollywood_texan
09-18-2006, 07:15 PM
Let's be honest here, this organization is very close to being considered one of the worst sports franchises ever.

Kubiak and Smith are going to have to work wonders on the personnel side to field a winning team in the next three years.

The '06 and '07 drafts are going to be critical to fielding a winning team in three years and they really don't have much room for error.

It's depressing, but it is reality.

Kaiser Toro
09-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Everyone needs to chill. I see just as many people posting real analysis, unbridled optimism, hardline defenses for certain players and looking foward to the future than I see negative posts in total. We lost and in my opinion each member decides how they want this board to seem after each result. The mirror don't lie, that is why I still see a 6-10 team and playoffs in 2007.

hollywood_texan
09-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Everyone needs to chill. I see just as many people posting real analysis, unbridled optimism, hardline defenses for certain players and looking foward to the future than I see negative posts in total. We lost and in my opinion each member decides how they want this board to seem after each result. The mirror don't lie, that is why I still see a 6-10 team and playoffs in 2007.

At the beginning of this season, I said 5 wins. But, this team is playing so poorly, 2 wins looks optimistic.

I think this two game home strech is critical if they want to get something going and salvage something of this season to build onto something for next year.

After that, they play 7 of 10 on the road, and I don't care who they play, if they go into that strech 0-4 and still getting their butts kicked, it will be tough for them to win some games.

Reason being, if the offense can't get anything together by Week 4, I don't see how they will for the rest of the season. Same goes for the defense.

Txn_in_FL
09-18-2006, 07:49 PM
this organization is very close to being considered one of the worst sports franchises ever.

Ever? Come on, I think that's a bit much. Are you trying to say that you are putting a team, not evan a decade old in the same class as teams like the Browns, and the Saints, and the Cards...

Worst ever? :rolleyes:

MrMeToo
09-18-2006, 07:56 PM
This team is sad. When your team is doing bad, you shouldn't expect to hear positve things or praises for the team.Once the team starts to improve, then the board will be less depressing.

hollywood_texan
09-18-2006, 07:56 PM
Ever? Come on, I think that's a bit much. Are you trying to say that you are putting a team, not evan a decade old in the same class as teams like the Browns, and the Saints, and the Cards...

Worst ever? :rolleyes:

I know it sounds a bit much, but if these next few drafts don't pan out, there are injuries (stuff like Spencer), it could be stretch for this franchise to make the playoffs in it's first 10 years existence. How about a winning season? That looks to be a more than two years away.

Those are long projections, but even a playoff team is several years in the making, and it seems we are just restarting our process.

So yes, I think we could be in the class of the Browns, Saints, and Cards if Kubiak doesn't get ship steered straight quickly.

Kubiak has a really tough job right now, but he can get it done. He just doesn't have much room for error and probably needs to make some tough decisions along the way.

HomeBred_Texan
09-18-2006, 08:02 PM
At the beginning of this season, I said 5 wins. But, this team is playing so poorly, 2 wins looks optimistic.

My pick was 4/12 and I still stick with that...
Losing sucks, but you have to learn to lose to become a good winner...

axman40
09-18-2006, 08:50 PM
My pick was 4/12 and I still stick with that...
Losing sucks, but you have to learn to lose to become a good winner...

So who will we beat 27-27?

:spy: