PDA

View Full Version : Making friends with my Texans hat.

afcman
09-18-2006, 05:50 PM
I wore my Texans hat today and twice a person asked me...."You a Texan fan?"

(As if...."WHY are you following the Texans dude? They suck you know.")

I said that yes I am a Texans fan. Then I said something like, "Hey, we ain't the Raiders."

They chuckled and said, "yeah, true."

Then I mentioned we ain't the Titans or Green Bay either. Then I mentioned all the teams that were supposed to be the BIG team this year. And are now 0-2. Think how the fans of those teams must feel like now. They have to be WAY more dejected than us Texans fans. Because us Texans fans KNOW our situation and we have something to look forward to. Namely, getting better and starting to win games.

Anyway....to make a long story short. We started talking football and those people went from sorta laughing at me for being a Texans fan to knowing a little more about the Texans. And that the radio and TV people don't know everything like they think.

Just wanted to share a little bit of my day with you.

camisgirl
09-18-2006, 05:52 PM
You should have told them "here's your sign." lol

hollywood_texan
09-18-2006, 05:55 PM
I live and work in LA, but from time to time I talk to people that live and work in Houston on the telephone due to my job.

It's funny, when I talk these people about the Texans, they refer to them as the "Losers".

Texan Asylum
09-18-2006, 05:59 PM
It's funny, when I talk these people about the Texans, they refer to them as the "Losers".

Proud to say that I've supported them "Losers" since day 1...we'll see how many of "Them Folk" jump aboard once we start winning.:shades:

Divebomb
09-18-2006, 06:03 PM
????