PDA

View Full Version : Just cause we arent playing very well...

Grid
09-18-2006, 12:28 PM
doesnt mean we are gonna lose our best players when thier contracts are up.

Good players have played for bad teams before.. in the end, the thing that keeps there there is money, and the the coach.

The only way we lose our key young players is if we dont offer them the money they want, and if Kubiak cant convince them that we are gonna be a competitive team before they retire.

Posting this in response to the "he is gonna leave when his contract is up" comments.

Kaiser Toro
09-18-2006, 12:34 PM
I must have chosen not to see those comments Grid, but I concur with your thoughts. We have no idea how each player is being measured, but I gather Kubiak and staff have measurements in place and see this as a game by game season in order to make sure he gets his stamp on this team through policies, processes, practice and personnel.

hollywood_texan
09-18-2006, 12:37 PM
doesnt mean we are gonna lose our best players when thier contracts are up.

Good players have played for bad teams before.. in the end, the thing that keeps there there is money, and the the coach.

The only way we lose our key young players is if we dont offer them the money they want, and if Kubiak cant convince them that we are gonna be a competitive team before they retire.

Posting this in response to the "he is gonna leave when his contract is up" comments.

We are going to lose a lot of players if we continue losing like this.

Andre Johnson will be the first.

Then there will be others.

Maybe we should trade these guys and get value now?

What is point having AJ and Carr if we are going to have the offense like we have and go 2-14 again? I don't what Carr's QB rating is.

This appears to be a project to field a winning team by 2008, which means a Super Bowl run in 2010 or so, if we are lucky.

Can you imagine Carr being with the Texans 4 more years to take the Texans to their first playoff run?

This team is really bad and will take several years to fix. There are zero playmakers and no leaders on this team. And this coaching staff seems very similar to the last.

This is just an ugly situation.

The next two games will be critical for these guys if they want to stay in Houston. If they lose to the Redskins and Dolphins and get their jocks handed to them again, this team is done from a personnel perspective.

RiotCommander
09-18-2006, 12:37 PM
The only one I'm really worried about losing is AJ. He is obviously a great WR that is not able to do much here. D-Rob has not been looking good enough to think he could get a big money contract somewhere else.

Still, the season isn't over. I didn't truly expect us to win those first two games. In Washington is our chance for a winning streak. Oh yes, if we beat Washington I believe we can take out the Dolphins and Cowgirls.

Also, I hope to see Mario get his first sack this game! I wonder if a 1UP appears over Mario's head when he sacks a QB? :fireball: :bowser:

Grid
09-18-2006, 06:42 PM
yall aint following. If Kubiak keeps the team motivated and optimistic..and we offer them the money.. they arent gonna go anywhere.

Well.. there is the outside chance.. players like Corey Dillon have jumped ship before, but people are getting way too worked up over it.