PDA

View Full Version : Dunta Robinson

SESupergenius
09-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Does anyone still think that Dunta is a #1 cornerback? After 2 games now he's picking up right where he left off last year, getting exposed by elite wide receivers in this league. His excuse last year was that we used the 3-4 and he complained about it, what his excuse this year. Don't get me wrong, he's a good talent, but he needs to be on the defensive right side of the ball and let a bigger corner with good smarts be the #1 guy. So Far Stallworth and Harrison have torched him with T.O. and Chambers coming up.

Rightnow
09-18-2006, 11:07 AM
Giving Dunta the benefit of the doubt I think that his covering skills would dramatically improve if he knew he could rely on the safties. Every corner gets beat now and again, but his job is made doubly tough by having backups starting in the rest of the secondary.

I did notice in yesterdays game he didn't try very hard to tackle people late in the game when it was out of control. I have a feeling he will be leaving for greener pastures when his contract is up. The team will have to be better for that not to happen.

powerfuldragon
09-18-2006, 11:11 AM
Why did he throw his hands up in confusion during that one play?

Cjeremy635
09-18-2006, 11:13 AM
I agree with both of your posts. He needs help from the safeties, but he needs to play better himself when he's 1 on 1 with the receiver. He has been getting picked on and he's losing the battle. I don't know what schemes are being called for them to run though. This may have something to do with him being out of position on some plays. :twocents:

infantrycak
09-18-2006, 11:13 AM

He may have been looking for a flag for pushing off during the cut but you do that after the play, not during.

Ses--TO is out 2-4 weeks.

SESupergenius
09-18-2006, 11:15 AM
T.O should be back when we play Dallas, thats about 4 weeks away.

Runner
09-18-2006, 11:16 AM

I thought it was frustration with the safeties, but I'm guessing and eager to change my mind about it.

real
09-18-2006, 11:21 AM
D-Rob is not a cover corner and probably never will be...IMO he is a small SS...

AustinJB
09-18-2006, 11:29 AM
D-Rob is not a cover corner and probably never will be...IMO he is a small SS...

I completely disagree. I think he has the potential to be an elite cover corner in the NFL.

He has obviously had issues in the 1st two games, but again, I have to agree with the other post that said a lot of it is safety help. If we're playing zone and he has the underneath route and expects safety help over the top and the safety is no where in the picture, it obviously looks like he got beat. When in reality the safety was supposed to be there. How often this is the case is only truly known by our coaching staff.

There is no excuse for the one-on-one match-ups however...he needs to improve. Again, the "one-on-one" match-ups may just seem that way b/c our safety was completely out of play...I don't think that is too far of a stretch after what I've seen from them the 1st two games.

D-Vizzl
09-18-2006, 11:30 AM
In my opinion the safeties are terrible, McCleon was available for a reason, Sanders is decent but needs to be more head strong, and Dunta has no will right now. In his first season and a half he would pursue tackles and try to flatten guys, not anymore.

Also i'm going to throw some blame the way of Richard Smith. I saw us playing cover 2 at times, and each time they threw the ball up the middle. You cannot implement the same defense that your opponent practices against. Lastly, and I hope i'm wrong but, I think we were running the prevent also, so I can't expect much from the front four if we do that, meaning they can't get pressure on the QB and that gives him all day and the recievers have a long time to get open. So when the gameplan changes I can further evaluate Dunta.

real
09-18-2006, 11:37 AM
I completely disagree. I think he has the potential to be an elite cover corner in the NFL.
He has obviously had issues in the 1st two games, but again, I have to agree with the other post that said a lot of it is safety help. If we're playing zone and he has the underneath route and expects safety help over the top and the safety is no where in the picture, it obviously looks like he got beat. When in reality the safety was supposed to be there. How often this is the case is only truly known by our coaching staff.

He's not even the best cover corner on our team...and you think he can be an "elite cover corner" ??? D-rob can tackle and he is physical...those are his best attributes.....His coverage leaves a lot to be desired...and he didn't just get beat over the top...D-rob has been beat every way possible in these last two games...across the middle...short routes, the deep ball...you name it, and a reciever has caught it....

Kaiser Toro
09-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Dunta was awful yesterday. If you watch the game again and hone in on Robinson, the WR he is covering and Manning you will get sick to your stomach. He was awful in coverage, position and body language. He must rebound and come strong against the Redskins.

I count him as an average cover CB, but a strong tackler to get to SES' statement.

SESupergenius
09-18-2006, 11:51 AM
I have no problem with his tackling, he's great at that, but his #1 job is cover the receiver. I'd like to see him get the pass protected that corners need, but there is no excuse for WR's to be burning him like they are. He's just not smart enough to be our best corner.

nunusguy
09-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Superman would have looked inadequate at corner yesterday for the Texans, given the minimul pressure (and that's generous) our front was putting on
Manning.

real
09-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Superman would have looked inadequate at corner yesterday for the Texans, given the minimul pressure (and that's generous) our front was putting on
Manning.

So are you saying that our DB's are good???

Kaiser Toro
09-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Manning.

Then he ain't Superman and nothing other than an overpaid corner with to much Krypto in his blood.

real
09-18-2006, 12:05 PM
D-Rob's bad performance can't be blamed on our D-line or our safeties...

O.G.
09-18-2006, 12:09 PM
I thought it was frustration with the safeties, but I'm guessing and eager to change my mind about it.

That was exactly where it was. An emotional outburst. Dunta didn't have his best game by any means. In fact, it was his worse as a Texans from Indy's first TD to their tight end to the 3rd down conversions he was consistantly burned for.

nunusguy
09-18-2006, 12:19 PM
So are you saying that our DB's are good???
I absolutely think that D-Rob is not just good, but a very good NFL corner.
Glen Earl is also a keeper, though certainly not as valuable as D-Rob.
Beyond those 2 we just don't have much in the secondary.

Kaiser Toro
09-18-2006, 12:21 PM
That was exactly where it was. An emotional outburst. Dunta didn't have his best game by any means. In fact, it was his worse as a Texans from Indy's first TD to their tight end to the 3rd down conversions he was consistantly burned for.

Yep and you address it in the huddle or in the sidelines, not when the friggin ball is in the air and then when you are in pursuit. It looked more like freshman football than the NFL. I am not one that normally cares about what others think about the Texans, but that really was embarrasing.

Cjeremy635
09-18-2006, 12:22 PM
Beyond those 2 we just don't have much in the secondary.

I thought so as well, but where has he been lately? Where has anyone been lately? The truth is, we can't keep remembering good games he had in the past 2 seasons (here & there) and think he's playing at the same cailber because he isn't playing anywhere close to his potential.

thunderkyss
09-18-2006, 12:29 PM
D-Rob's bad performance can't be blamed on our D-line or our safeties...

I completely agree with xtru on this one..... Dunta was beat up and picked on yesterday.

To my knowledge no one has been able to stop the dynamic duo of Manning and Harrison though......

But he looked just as bad against Philly.

I think Sanders has been playing better.

in his deffense, it looks like he was expecting someone to be underneath on Harrison, on that play where he threw his hands up. Surely he couldn't have expected Earl to be there. Earl did take a bad angle, and misjudged Harrison's speed....

Grid
09-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Corners have the same problem that Olinemen have. You only notice them when they make a mistake.

Dunta is an awesome corner.

dantem
09-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Now I suppose we should get rid of Dunta along with Carr and Mario, Man ... our team would be Super Bowl bound if we could just shed these scrubbs and go with there backups.

Kaiser Toro
09-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Corners have the same problem that Olinemen have. You only notice them when they make a mistake.

Dunta is an awesome corner.

When was the last time you saw an awesome corner in a Texan uniform? Not a facetious question Grid. I know DR has all of the tools and have seen some great things, but we are in a recession if not a depression for good corner play.

Kaiser Toro
09-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Now I suppose we should get rid of Dunta along with Carr and Mario, Man ... our team would be Super Bowl bound if we could just shed these scrubbs and go with there backups.

It is quite feasible that someone breaking down one player over the course of one game, season or career does not necessarily follow suit for all other players. These statements are the kind that foster resentment and metaphorically serve as gasoline for our monday morning flamethrowers.

HOOK'EM
09-23-2006, 05:16 AM
I sure hope Dunta can pick up his play, I would love to see him make the probowl.

Dunta_23
09-23-2006, 09:02 AM
For some reason it seems that Dunta and AJ get free passes with subpar performances whereas other players(Carr, Mario, Safeties) get all the blame....

Dunta needs to step up his play big time or we are going to need to draft or sign a good corner in FA...he is a starter in my eyes but maybe not a #1.

HJam72
09-23-2006, 09:19 AM
We're getting killed in the trenches and you guys wanna blame David Carr and Dunta Robinson. Yeah, I'm goin' along with this bologne. :rolleyes:

You can find the next Elway and Deion Sanders, but we're not gonna win squat until we block and get a pass rush.

HJam72
09-23-2006, 09:20 AM
Also notice how Dunta's "play" has dropped off as our pass rush has completely disappeared, along with losing a good safety to Dallas.

infantrycak
09-23-2006, 09:25 AM
along with losing a good safety to Dallas.

Surely you aren't talking about Marcus mail it in and ride the ball carrier Coleman are you? He of the suspended list.

Vinny
09-23-2006, 10:13 AM
Beyond those 2 we just don't have much in the secondary.Earl takes a ton of bad angles....I'm not real big on him. I think he would not start for anyone but us. Dunta is the only player in our secondary worth anything.

HJam72
09-23-2006, 10:37 AM
Surely you aren't talking about Marcus mail it in and ride the ball carrier Coleman are you? He of the suspended list.

No, actually I was talking about Aaron Glenn. Don't know if he's still playin', but it hurt to lose him.

mexican_texan
09-23-2006, 11:00 AM
Dunta needs a mentor. He had his best season(statistically) when he had Glenn mentoring him. Using the moneyball technique, he is the fifth best corner in the league(according to a special issue of the Sporting News I read at Walmart).

Marcus
09-23-2006, 11:45 AM
What I know is this.

If the DL loses the trench battle this Sunday, and can't get pressure the QB, then some of you will get on here and complain about how bad the safeties are and about how bad Dunta is playing.

I'm really amazed at how many on this board seems to undervalue the importance of a pass rush, and how it directly impacts the play of the secondary as a whole.

To me, it demonstrates lack of understanding of the game itself, and I guess that's why I find it a little surprising.:(

run-david-run
09-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Getting beat on one play by Stallworth in which there was no separation, only a great throw to where Dunta couldnt get his arm in to knock the ball down, is by no means getting torched. He was on Reggie Brown almost the entire game and Reggie had how many catches? Keep in mind the TD he had was on Sanders. Obviously Harrison did very well, but how many of those were in the middle of the field? When you play zone, good route rounning and experiance between the WR and QB will usuually beat you. We pretty much played right into Indy's hands.

Anyway, Drob has not bean great, and I was really dissapointed with that TD Stokley scored, but, just as with everything else around this team, we are overreacting because we are 0-2. Relax everybody, relax.

Blu
09-23-2006, 12:02 PM
to help Duante out.
In the draft..:twocents:

SESupergenius
10-02-2006, 10:49 AM
If ever a player on our defense got exposed, it would be Dunta Robinson in week 4. Is he completely losing his coverage skills because he wasn't blanketing anyone this week against the Dolphins. Maybe he's just too concerned with his antics after being burned instead of concentrating on his man. That TD that he gave up was 100% on him. Bigger receivers are just going to keep torching him and I look forward to drafting a CB who can handle them.

TEXANRED
10-02-2006, 11:04 AM
If ever a player on our defense got exposed, it would be Dunta Robinson in week 4. Is he completely losing his coverage skills because he wasn't blanketing anyone this week against the Dolphins. Maybe he's just too concerned with his antics after being burned instead of concentrating on his man. That TD that he gave up was 100% on him. Bigger receivers are just going to keep torching him and I look forward to drafting a CB who can handle them.

If we really want to help DRob we go after a Vet CB in free agency to do the same thing for him that Moulds is doing for AJ. Its not a coincidence that DRobs best season is when Glenn was showing him the ropes.

I wonder what Glenn is doing after the season?

texan279
10-02-2006, 11:09 AM
If we really want to help DRob we go after a Vet CB in free agency to do the same thing for him that Moulds is doing for AJ. Its not a coincidence that DRobs best season is when Glenn was showing him the ropes.

Or Kenny Wright...:hides:

Second Honeymoon
10-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Dunta has been shiiite for over 2 years now. Anyone still on that guy's jock really need to watch the games. He has been being abused since the 2nd half of Year 3. Last year he was embarassing and aside from showing a slight pulse against Washington has been totally incapable of covering anyone this year. And its no coincidence that against Washington his moderate success was probably more due to the Skins' WRs being short and undersized (Moss and Randle El).

The guy needs to stop living off his promising rookie season and stop his post-burn antics. Mario and Greenwood saved his butt on the 2-point conversion or DRob would be today's target du jour.

It's no coincidence that once we got rid of Glenn, DRob became a crappy corner....of which he is. He is good for a bit of run support and he does play with heart, but his skill level is crap and he may need to re-dedicate himself before he is cut.

Doug FTW

Cjeremy635
10-02-2006, 11:19 AM
I saw him fall down a lot yesterday and he had some poor tackling as well, which is ironic because Dunta is known for laying the wood to an opponent. Anyways, I think Dunta got the most of his praises when he was surrounded by a good supporting cast. However, that can be said about almost any NFL player, you are better when your team is better and this game is a team sport where everyone needs to be on the same page/caliber. If we can bring in some help at safety and get Faggins back, I think we can see him in some fashion of his former self. The concern I still have is the way he is being beaten though, bad and often. He needs to be more physical again and make plays on the ball like he used to. There are times where we had 4 defenders around the guy and waited for him to make the catch before we tackled him. I would have like to see atleast one of the 4 defenders play the ball and if he didn't get the INT, then the other three could have pummeled him.

TEXANRED
10-02-2006, 11:34 AM
Dunta has been shiiite for over 2 years now. Anyone still on that guy's jock really need to watch the games. He has been being abused since the 2nd half of Year 3. Last year he was embarassing and aside from showing a slight pulse against Washington has been totally incapable of covering anyone this year. And its no coincidence that against Washington his moderate success was probably more due to the Skins' WRs being short and undersized (Moss and Randle El).

The guy needs to stop living off his promising rookie season and stop his post-burn antics. Mario and Greenwood saved his butt on the 2-point conversion or DRob would be today's target du jour.

It's no coincidence that once we got rid of Glenn, DRob became a crappy corner....of which he is. He is good for a bit of run support and he does play with heart, but his skill level is crap and he may need to re-dedicate himself before he is cut.

Doug FTW

I am one of DRob's biggest critiques but I wouldn't say he is crap. There is a lot of talent in there. He wasn't done being tutored when we opened the door for Glenn. Seriously, what CB could just walk in from college and without any kind of mentoring step out on the field and perform on an NFL level. None.

Same thing with Pac-Man over in Possum Holler, no veteran to show him the ropes so he is just rotting over there.

Cjeremy635
10-02-2006, 11:47 AM
I am one of DRob's biggest critiques but I wouldn't say he is crap. There is a lot of talent in there. He wasn't done being tutored when we opened the door for Glenn. Seriously, what CB could just walk in from college and without any kind of mentoring step out on the field and perform on an NFL level. None.

Same thing with Pac-Man over in Possum Holler, no veteran to show him the ropes so he is just rotting over there.

lol: :heh: :highfive:

TexanFanInCC
10-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Does anyone still think that Dunta is a #1 cornerback? After 2 games now he's picking up right where he left off last year, getting exposed by elite wide receivers in this league. His excuse last year was that we used the 3-4 and he complained about it, what his excuse this year. Don't get me wrong, he's a good talent, but he needs to be on the defensive right side of the ball and let a bigger corner with good smarts be the #1 guy. So Far Stallworth and Harrison have torched him with T.O. and Chambers coming up.

ya know i was thinking about it this morning. they really targeted him yesterday. he needs help. i still think our front 7 need to start laying out some people so that the qb can throw a bad pass. how many INT's does our defense have? do we have at least 1? o yeah we do...against mcnabb...but folks, we can do better than 1 INT.

real
10-02-2006, 12:02 PM
];459125']Dunta was exposed yesterday. Pepper absolutely picked him apart. Dunta is good, but the drop is his play got me scratching, my head.

He is out of position most of the time.

Sorry....But D.Rob has never been a good cover guy.....

thunderkyss
10-02-2006, 12:04 PM

I'm asking, because I don't know. But did they complete any passes that Sanders was defending??

real
10-02-2006, 12:17 PM
];459162']Sanders and Petey on CB

Sit down CC Brown and Replace him with Dunta.

lol....just laughing because I actually thought about D.Rob at safety...but I wouldn't do it because of his size....and I honestly don't think he is a better tackler than C.C or Earl....

bigTEXan8
10-02-2006, 12:23 PM
i've been severaly disappointed in d-rob's play since the 49er game last year when he just let lloyd run right by him. i don't know what it is, but all of the sudden, his view of defense is throwing up his hands and looking to the ref for help.

TEXANRED
10-02-2006, 12:37 PM
I'm asking, because I don't know. But did they complete any passes that Sanders was defending??

Yes. If Booker could catch a ball it would have looked a lot worse.

Chance_C
10-02-2006, 02:06 PM
No, actually I was talking about Aaron Glenn. Don't know if he's still playin', but it hurt to lose him

Intercepted Vince Young yesterday.

How many int's has Dunta had since his 6 interception rookie year? Two, three? Anyway, Dunta has not been the same since his rookie year. He has the talent I know, but his level of play has fell off. I mean we had a good pass rush yesterday, and he was still picked on. With upgrades at safety, and at 2nd CB he may be a number one CB. But on the other hand he may turn out to be a good #2.

thunderkyss
10-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Yes. If Booker could catch a ball it would have looked a lot worse.

Didn't Booker get good seperation from Dunta at the line, and make a nice grab??

kingh99
10-02-2006, 03:22 PM
lol....just laughing because I actually thought about D.Rob at safety...but I wouldn't do it because of his size....and I honestly don't think he is a better tackler than C.C or Earl....

Dunta Robinson plays like a safety not CB. Too bad he's too small for safety. From where I sat, he played poorly yesterday. If Brown wasn't faking him in the open field, Chambers or whatever the top WR is for Miami these days, was running away from him on routes.

run-david-run
10-02-2006, 03:35 PM
I think the secondary did much better then people think. For one, Chris Chambers proved last year he is one of the top WR's in the NFL. Also, a lot of the sacks on Cullpeper were coverage sacks. He dropped back to pass, but unlike the first three weeks there was no one immediately open and he had to go through his progression, then we got to him. The entire defense played better yesterday, and except for that last Dolphins drive, they were shut-down.

SESupergenius
10-02-2006, 05:43 PM
This has got to be the funniest quote I've seen on these boards in a while. Not because it isn't true, it's because just last week you said this:
xtruroyaltyx said: LMAO...If Dunta isn't a shutdown corner and never becomes capable of playing a teams #1 it was a mistake to draft him where we did...

not only that, in looking back further to the offseason you were quoted as saying:
xtruroyaltyx said: Mark it down...I'm saying it right now...P-Buc will have a breakthrough year placing him among the top tier corners in this leauge.... he and Dunta Will Be A force to be wreckin with

hold on let me give a big ROFLMO

real
10-02-2006, 05:50 PM
This has got to be the funniest quote I've seen on these boards in a while. Not because it isn't true, it's because just last week you said this:

not only that, in looking back further to the offseason you were quoted as saying:

What is your point ??? I still P-Buch is our best cover corner and I was optimistic about D-Rob....

edit: you sound so foolish...

edit 2: and childish...

SESupergenius
10-02-2006, 05:55 PM
What is your point ??? I still P-Buch is our best cover corner and I was optimistic about D-Rob....

edit: you sound so foolish...

Who know's what you are saying:backsout: :backsout: You do however talk good on both sides of your mouth

Sorry....But D.Rob has never been a good cover guy..... (http://forums.houstontexans.com/showpost.php?p=459154&postcount=47)

real
10-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Who know's what you are saying:backsout: :backsout: You do however talk good on both sides of your mouth

Sorry....But D.Rob has never been a good cover guy..... (http://forums.houstontexans.com/showpost.php?p=459154&postcount=47)

I am still not seeing the contradiction....

SESupergenius
10-02-2006, 06:18 PM
I am still not seeing the contradiction....
All of the sudden you think that Dunta has "never been a good cover guy" yet you used to say things like:

D-Rob is the best DB we have by far and he was lined up on marvin harrison at times in the past game. If you think D-Rob sucks then you are sick. He can ball and tackles better than some of the linebackers on the team. 11-14-2005

we dont have a good nucleus of talent... that is up for debate, we only have 1 guy on the team that would even be close to pro bowl consideration and that is D-Rob...point: we need more talent and not a bunch of "role players" 12-05-2005

That is just too funny. I guess in your mind "never been a good cover guy" makes you pro bowl consideration. Beautiful. Simply Beautiful.

real
10-02-2006, 06:29 PM
All of the sudden you think that Dunta has "never been a good cover guy" yet you used to say things like:

That is just too funny. I guess in your mind "never been a good cover guy" makes you pro bowl consideration. Beautiful. Simply Beautiful.

LOL...O.k let me set you str8...D.Rob was the closest player we had on defense to pro-bowl level...He still can't cover...what does that change???

He can hit....I've always said that...He is our best DB...Still can't cover

SES what is your freaking point ???:confused:

TEXANRED
10-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Didn't Booker get good seperation from Dunta at the line, and make a nice grab??

Yes he did. He also dropped a wide open pass with DRob trailing the play.

Booker got that same goofy look Bradford would get every time a ball would hit him right in the hands.

SESupergenius
10-02-2006, 06:40 PM
LOL...O.k let me set you str8...D.Rob was the closest player we had on defense to pro-bowl level...He still can't cover...what does that change???

I've never seen a pro-bowl level corner...that can't cover. :cowboy1:

real
10-02-2006, 06:44 PM
I've never seen a pro-bowl level corner...that can't cover. :cowboy1:

You still are missing the boat, and if you weren't so childish you wouldn't be making such an arse out of yourself...Stop trying to find something...just the fact that you would take time out of your life to try to prove to the Texans message board that I contradicted my self is flattering...wait...no it isn't....And then the fact that you came up short and all you ended up doing is spinning your wheels is just down right hilarious...

Lets see if you can follow me because this is the last time I'll explain it..

D.Rob is our best DB...Was our best defender at the time I made the comment....If anyone had a shot at making the pro-bowl I figured it would be D.Rob....He can't cover...but he is still our best DB...He can't cover and may not make a pro-bowl...but he has a better shot than any of our other DB's...do you follow??? if not too bad...I don't care....:yawn:

thunderkyss
10-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Quote:
xtruroyaltyx said: LMAO...If Dunta isn't a shutdown corner and never becomes capable of playing a teams #1 it was a mistake to draft him where we did...
Quote:
xtruroyaltyx said: Mark it down...I'm saying it right now...P-Buc will have a breakthrough year placing him among the top tier corners in this leauge.... he and Dunta Will Be A force to be wreckin with

I'm not seeing it. Xtru is being pretty consistent there.

I also think PBuch is a better cover corner than Dunta..... Dunta is definitely more physical, and better in run support. But PBuch appears to be able to run backwards faster, and reads/plays the reciever better.

TEXANRED
10-02-2006, 06:49 PM

Thats not fair though. We all say silly things during the off season that are just flat out wrong.

I said 12-4

I thought our D-line was deep and talented and was better than the Eagles D-line.

The only difference is can you admit to them, laugh, and move on. Unlike some of the Carr haters who, even though is having a really good year, can't admit to it b/c they are so ridged in there hatred.

I will hold out and say 12-4 is still possible. Our schedule does get easier from here. Dallas, Jack, Flamers, Giants, Jack, buffalo, Jets, Oakland, Flamers, New England, Indy, Cleveland.

Indy being our 4th loss.

TexansSeminole
10-02-2006, 06:51 PM

I also think PBuch is a better cover corner than Dunta..... Dunta is definitely more physical, and better in run support. But PBuch appears to be able to run backwards faster, and reads/plays the reciever better.

P.Buch has a problem finishing plays. He can read the reciever, and can stick with him he just cant get his hands in the right place alot of the time.

TEXANRED
10-02-2006, 06:52 PM

If PBuch is a better cover corner than DRob what does that make Sanders who starts ahead of PBuc?

Should it be Faggins and PBuc? Or Sanders and PBuc?

real

Generally I can have pretty good arguments with people on the board...But SES always seems to take it to another level... almost like he is trying to embarass me or something...and out of nowhere at that...things get heated sometimes but he just gets crazy....:francis:

TheOgre
No, actually I was talking about Aaron Glenn. Don't know if he's still playin', but it hurt to lose him.

Glenn was a corner for us, not a safety.

real
10-02-2006, 06:54 PM
Thats not fair though. We all say silly things during the off season that are just flat out wrong.

We are human...sometimes we are wrong....But I still think Buch is our best cover corner and honestly I don't know about the rest of the bunch....D.Rob definitely needs to start....but it's beyond me why P-Buch doesn't get time ahead of McLeon and CO.

SESupergenius
10-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Generally I can have pretty good arguments with people on the board...But SES always seems to take it to another level... almost like he is trying to embarass me or something...and out of nowhere at that...things get heated sometimes but he just gets crazy....:francis:
My My My, don't we think highly of ourselves. Do you spot good talent too? Just wondering considering you think a pro-bowler doesn't need good covers skills. This is just too funny.

The only think Xtru is being consistant at is being inconsistant....and talks out of both sides of his mouth.

Hey let me try that. I think the Texans will beat Dallas. Texans won't do well against the Cowboys. There. Wow, that just seems wierd. Na, I don't like it, I'm going back to actually just saying 1 thing. The Texans won't do well against the Cowboys.

TEXANRED
10-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Hey let me try that. I think the Texans will beat Dallas. Texans won't do well against the Cowboys. There. Wow, that just seems wierd. Na, I don't like it, I'm going back to actually just saying 1 thing. The Texans won't do well against the Cowboys.
Wait, thats possible. We can play poorly and still win. Remember when we beat the steelers with 47 yards of O?

mexican_texan
10-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Wait, thats possible. We can play poorly and still win. Remember when we beat the steelers with 47 yards of O?
Did you see the game versus the fins? That's playing good, but actually poorly.

SESupergenius
10-03-2006, 04:05 PM

Ahhh, you are right! that is a good point. How about "we are not going to play well and will be trounced!" That is pretty clear cut and dry.