PDA

View Full Version : Texans will be 2-2 or 1-3 by the bye

New_Texans
09-18-2006, 08:49 AM
The next 2 teams the Texans play:

WSH

and

MIA

WSH has no offense what so ever and Clinton Portis is currently suffering form his shoulder injury. Mark Brunell is not a lets say for instance, a Donovan McNabb and a Peyton Manning, who just happen to be the past two QBs we were up against. Brunell wont be moving around the pocket avoiding pass rush as well as the past two QBs. Lets just hope that we can get a pass rush and i feel confindent that Mario will have his 1st sack that game as well.

MIA is the game in that concerns me a bit. Daunte Culpepper still has more weapons at his disposal than Mark Brunell. Daunte Culpepper can move better than Brunell even after his knee surgery. They have a good (not great) RB in Ronnie Brown and 2 good WRs. However, they allowed Daunte to get sacked 7 times against the Bills and only scored 6 points. Daunte has been throwing into double coverage constantly and been getting picked off. The bills were missing Troy Vincent and Takeo Spikes from their Defense and honestly, those are the only two players I can name on their D.

The Texans defense is horrible as we all know, yet we should have known that if the texans did not get pressure on the QB then our secondary would be abused. I like Glen Earl, yet C.C. Brown is playing horribly, hes always out of position and taking every fake that a QB throws at him. He needs to hold back because Travis Johnson and DeMeco Ryans are playing the run very well atm. However, the way with the way the texans are using their D-lineman I can see a team knowing which audible to use. When Peek and Babin are in they know that the Texans are doing a pass blitz of some sort and they audible into a run/screen. The Texans need to hide their blitz better and use more corner blitz when the normal pass rush isnt working as well.

The offense is doing ok, if they can limit the number of brain farts that they constantly have (be it D.Carr's fault or WRs dropping passes) and execute the offense like they did on the 1st drive against the Eagles and the 4th quarter against the Colts then they will be fine. Lundy needs to be a back up by the WSH game as well, he cannot find the hole if it hit him in the face five times over. He is constantly running into his own blockers and being tackled. So Gado should be starting.

Just Imagine if DD wasnt hurt...*sigh*

HJam72
09-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Yeah, we might go 1-3....whoopie. :thud:

New_Texans
09-18-2006, 09:18 AM
Yeah, we might go 1-3....whoopie. :thud:

Thats better than the Titans.:crying:

El Tejano
09-18-2006, 09:32 AM
True Washington and Miami are playing bad but they will look like playoff teams when they come play us.

Our team needs to get together for these next two games or there is going to be alot of heads flying.

I'm deciding whether I should start calling my friends that are Cowboy fans to let them know I understand their team is going to beat ours.

Scott747
09-18-2006, 09:39 AM
Despite the uproar after the first few games. The majority here before the season would have, and will be ecstatic if we happen to be 1-3 after the first four games.

2-2 would be a party, and with the play out of the gate from the next two opponents, is not that far-fetched.

Sarg01
09-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Washington is abysmal this year - like top 5 pick bad. I'm going to have to concur that we really need to bring it for that game. A big win (and a real free safety) is exactly what the doctor ordered for this team.

Miami isn't quite as terrible, but they aren't the surprise Super Bowl contenders the pundits say they are every year. They had a bad game, but hopefully they'll get a win this week so they aren't playing us for their first win. Since they're playing the Titans, that's as close to a lock as you can get in the NFL.

real
09-18-2006, 10:06 AM
Don't be surprised.....if we are.....0-4.....heading into....the bye week......

I honestly don't think Miami or Washington is as bad as people think...together they have played the Vikings, Cowboys and Pittsburg...We know about Pittsburg and Dallas...They are contenders to win it all...But I think the Vikings are much better than they are given credit for....anywho, IMO we are maybe the third worst team in the NFL..maybe...and I mean maybe a little better than the Raiders and Titans...

Bamaborn-Texasbred
09-18-2006, 10:07 AM
True Washington and Miami are playing bad but they will look like playoff teams when they come play us.

Our team needs to get together for these next two games or there is going to be alot of heads flying.

I'm deciding whether I should start calling my friends that are Cowboy fans to let them know I understand their team is going to beat ours.

I'm not usually one of the people on this board that makes it a habit of writing negative stuff, but a game against the Texans looks like just what the doctor ordered for both Washington and Miami. I think the Texans will get better as the season goes on, but if they win a game between now and week seven of the season I'll be shocked. It looks to me like I am going to have to eat crow from all my Cowboy backing friends.

RiotCommander
09-18-2006, 10:07 AM
I really believe we should be able to beat both of these teams. Both Washington, and Miami are ripe for the picking. No neither will be a walk in the park, but both are struggling as we are.

I never thought we could beat the Eagles or Indy, but these two are in our grasp as long as we don't turn the ball over.

I hope Lundy is not starting any time soon. Forget the fact that he fumbled he just looked bad. Gato and Dayne both seemed to always get yards. I think Gato needs to be the starter when he gets time with the offense.

Go Texans!

HJam72
09-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Washington is abysmal this year - like top 5 pick bad.

Well, we were #1 in bad and I believe there's improvement there, especially with Carr and the receivers (because Moulds is new), but we really haven't proven anything yet. Two good opponents and two bad losses. They could be the 4th or 5th worst team in the league this year and still beat us early in the season before we get it together.

yourfavoritetexan42
09-18-2006, 10:11 AM
we can easily beat Redskins...fix our Running game...and apply good qb pressure, and just go ahead and put up that W.

As far as Miami...its going to take a while for Miami to click..when they click...they will be dominant... hopefully they don't click against us.

I pick us to win over the redskins...and based on that performance I wil predict the miami game.

66cobra
09-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Per the fumble, Wali has to realize/remember that NFL players are alot stronger than in college and they will try to strip the ball at every chance imaginable (just see Andre catch the ball and drag about 3 players while one of them is trying to strip his ball). He has to remember that everytime he hits a scrum that he has to cover the ball with both hands and take his lumps.

real
09-18-2006, 10:17 AM
I predict a loss to both Miami and Washington...We aren't as good as many may think...and those two teams aren't as bad as many people think...

TexansFan99
09-18-2006, 10:44 AM
I predict a loss to both Miami and Washington...We aren't as good as many may think...and those two teams aren't as bad as many people think...

I have to agree on the losses to Miami and Washington. I think we will be 0-6 before Tenn. I don't think I'm being negative just realistic. I will be happy if we just show continual improvement.

Xman
09-18-2006, 10:49 AM
I predict 0-6. Then I think we finish 5-5. Of course, we might pick up 1 early win but I doubt it, and we might not win 5 to finish, but we will finish around 5-11. Which, considering where we were and what we have is not bad.

We have new systems and a lack of talent. By about 6 games in, our guys should have the system down and Kubes will know who he can count on. Then we will win a few (and the easier schedule helps).

Runner
09-18-2006, 10:51 AM
I'm not usually one of the people on this board that makes it a habit of writing negative stuff, but a game against the Texans looks like just what the doctor ordered for both Washington and Miami.

Yeah, I think we are circling each other's names on the calendar.

Blu
09-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Miami and The Skins are both licking their chops to get at us aswell.
Good thing for us, the Skins look just as bad, and the Fins can take it out on Tenn before us.
I can see the Texans getting over on Washington.
I expect Washington to throw everthing (blitz wise) at Carr, like they should have done against DeadSlow and Dem Boys.
IF Carr can come out, calm and hold on to the ball ,the Texans could have a breakout offensive game. :cowboy1: Wishful thinking,maybe..:texan:

Hervoyel
09-18-2006, 11:23 AM
I think it's funny that at the 2 week point of the season 0-2 teams are all probably thinking "We'll get better against those other 0-2 teams". Right now we don't know who's a real 0-2 and who's just had a tough patch in their schedule.

I wouldn't dare say we will be 2-2 or even 1-3 at the bye but I think that we can win at least one of these games. We might win two. Of course we might lose them both. Nobody knows. I know this first season (and particularly this first half) is going to be some tough watching.

New things start ugly. They always start ugly. People fondly recall the Run and Shoot years with Warren Moon but They forget that the first year of that era began with a butt kicking from the Atlanta Falcons and that the team didn't even start to really look good until the second half of the year.

Every single time you start over there's a price to pay. New coaches bring new playbooks that have to be learned and they draft their own players who add being rookies on top of learning the new scheme. New coaches let players go because they don't fit their scheme and in doing so they undo years of work by the previous staff.

When I see people edging towards the "Fire Kubiak" bandwagon with threads like "Kubiak is just like Capers" I want to find a way to run them out of here*. I want them to go find another team to half-heartedly support and turn on every time they don't like the outcome of a season, game, series, or play.

*but of course I can't do that and won't. My ignore list is going to be long by seasons end though.

SESupergenius
09-18-2006, 11:33 AM
The 0-2 start was foreseen, we are just not on the same level as those 2 teams. But the next two games are against teams that I feel are on the same level as us. We should at least be 1-3 after these two games. But we are beating nobody without a pass rush.....same old....same old. The offensive and defensive lines have stunted the growth of this team for many years now, not the QB as contrary to thought.

El Tejano
09-18-2006, 11:35 AM
I'm not expecting anything until I see it.

real
09-18-2006, 11:43 AM
I don't know if guys are looking at records and determining we are "on the same level" as washington and miami...but I just don't see it...Can someone please explain in what way we are better or equal to those two teams ?

AustinJB
09-18-2006, 11:44 AM
I have to agree that realistically, we are looking at our first win against the Titans.

I hope I'm wrong and we can at least compete w/ Washington & Miami w/ a chance to win, but I'm not getting too optomistic until I've seen something to believe in. I don't think Washington & Miami are as weak as some people think; at least not as weak as we are at the moment. I do look for improvement from us throughout the year and game-to-game, but I don't see us winning either one of these. I'm always hoping, but I'm just being realistic.

Historyhorn
09-18-2006, 11:48 AM
I have no idea what this team's record will be based on our two prior performances. The Eagles and Colts will be playoff teams or in the hunt all the way down the stretch. We did some things that can be built upon. I can see a difference between this year's team and last year's.

It will simply take some time and some softer opponents to see that difference in the W & L column.

I think we have a better shot at beating Washington, but make no mistake, they are not an awful football team. They're probably not a playoff football team, but they aren't awful. Miami's defense scares me in that we're a team with bad O-line play and now have two starting O-linemen hurt. That one could be an ugly game with a really low score and us losing.

We look for improvement, but the pre-season predictions of .500 or better were pie in the sky.

Go Texans

edo783
09-18-2006, 01:39 PM
We MIGHT squeek out a win over the Skins or the Fins, but I doubt it. In our first 6 games we will likely be 1-5 and with some real good bounces 2-4 and that is about all I think we can expect. It's all I have expected since OTAs even. We then get 4-6 wins in the remainder of the season. (more like 4 than 6, but heck, it could happen) We wind up at about 6-10. A decent improvement and something to carry into the offseason. If anyone thought we would start out on a roll with wins over the Iggles and Dolts, with the schedule we have, they are seriously delusional and must seek proffesional help immediatly.

dantem
09-18-2006, 01:46 PM
Don't be surprised.....if we are.....0-4.....heading into....the bye week......

I honestly don't think Miami or Washington is as bad as people think...together they have played the Vikings, Cowboys and Pittsburg...We know about Pittsburg and Dallas...They are contenders to win it all...But I think the Vikings are much better than they are given credit for....anywho, IMO we are maybe the third worst team in the NFL..maybe...and I mean maybe a little better than the Raiders and Titans...

Do you like the Texans?

real
09-18-2006, 02:03 PM
Do you like the Texans?

I love the Texans...Doesn't mean I have to be a homer, or unrealistic...anyone who thinks we are outright better than any team on our schedule is dreaming...We are close to the Raiders and Titans...IMO everyone else on our schedule is better...Not saying that we cant beat those better teams, but I just think we suck right now...

dantem
09-18-2006, 02:25 PM
I love the Texans...Doesn't mean I have to be a homer, or unrealistic...anyone who thinks we are outright better than any team on our schedule is dreaming...We are close to the Raiders and Titans...IMO everyone else on our schedule is better...Not saying that we cant beat those better teams, but I just think we suck right now...

Why do you like the Texans?

I figure if I go down this path we will eventually have something in common worth talking about....

real
09-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Why do you like the Texans?

Hometown team...

TheOgre
09-18-2006, 02:40 PM
/stats geek on

I think we have about a 40% chance against Washington and Miami each. That roughly translates to a 16% chance of 2-2, 48% chance of 1-3, and 36% chance of 0-4 going into the break.

/stats geek off

HOOK'EM
09-23-2006, 05:13 AM
God i pray we are 2-2!

phantom17
09-23-2006, 07:01 AM
I have to agree on the losses to Miami and Washington. I think we will be 0-6 before Tenn. I don't think I'm being negative just realistic. I will be happy if we just show continual improvement.

Sadly, I think you are right....I look @ the schedule & 4-5 wins this year looks realistic, SIGH!!!:crying: But I didn't think we would contend overnight!

beerlover
09-23-2006, 08:15 AM
I'm tired of predictions, all I want is for the Texans to win this Sunday :shades:

HoustonFan
09-23-2006, 08:28 AM
I'll take it a game at a time at this point. Go Texans!!!!:texans:

aj.
09-23-2006, 08:40 AM
WSH has no offense what so ever and Clinton Portis is currently suffering form his shoulder injury.

http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20060921-115122-4194r.htm

TK_Gamer
09-23-2006, 08:49 AM
I think we will be 2-2 at the break and finish 10-6, will this happen? I dont know I'm just a fan not a fortune teller.

TheOgre
09-23-2006, 11:38 AM
I think we will be 2-2 at the break and finish 10-6, will this happen?

You think, or you hope? BIG difference.

TK_Gamer
09-23-2006, 03:42 PM
You think, or you hope? BIG difference.

actually "I think" is usually shaded with some "I hope" for most sports fans, now "I think" and "I know" theres your "big difference" and I think I kinda covered that in my post.

TexansMVP
09-23-2006, 08:27 PM
I think we also split the next two game w/ 1-1. The defense decides to turn it up and things start clicking in mario williams head...he makes a hard hit on either Portis or Culpepper taking them out of the game. David Carr takes over and surpasses Grossman for the highest passer rating during the process. --->Too much studying today and wanted a break to day dream for a minute.

Napa Auto Parts
09-23-2006, 08:51 PM
I hope but i wouldnt Put any money on it. thats how much confidence i got on my team right about now.:poker:

SkinsandTerps
09-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Should be an interesting game.

The way the Redskins have performed, nothing would surprise me at this point.

Bullpen Drew
09-24-2006, 07:56 PM
Try 0-4 by the bye....

Daunte is going to throw big numbers against the worst pass D in the NFL