PDA

View Full Version : Ch 13's Inside the Game show

Texandiver
09-17-2006, 10:59 PM
It's 10:57 PM and not one mention of Charles Spencer's injury much less an update.

The regular news broadcast did mention a broken leg and out for the season, but you would think they would say something on the Inside the Game program.

Texandiver
09-17-2006, 11:01 PM
Well they finally mentioned is injury, but I still thought a bi injury like that would have been mention sooner then now.

utahmark
09-17-2006, 11:03 PM
anything interesting said?

Vinny
09-17-2006, 11:04 PM
anything interesting said?
On the Bob Allen interview on ch13 Kubiak just said "don't let the numbers fool you" when asked directly about Carr. He said the team "will go as Carr goes" and he needs to figure out how to get him to play good the whole game instead of one quarter against a prevent d.

FILO_girl
09-17-2006, 11:14 PM
I am listening to Ch 2, Kubiak is talking.

Napa Auto Parts
09-17-2006, 11:28 PM
What does Kubiak Mean When he was saying he needs to make david a 4 Quarter QB:hides:

Divebomb
09-17-2006, 11:38 PM
:yap What does Kubiak Mean When he was saying he needs to make david a 4 Quarter QB:hides:

I hope u are joking!

Ibar_Harry
09-17-2006, 11:40 PM
On the Bob Allen interview on ch13 Kubiak just said "don't let the numbers fool you" when asked directly about Carr. He said the team "will go as Carr goes" and he needs to figure out how to get him to play good the whole game instead of one quarter against a prevent d.

How about a 4 qtr coach to go along with it. I'm sorry Vinny, but how do you account for the defensive debacle as well. Kubiak is no different than Capers in that he keeps trying to run the ball and that simply is not the strength of this ball club. Is Carr perfect, far from it. However, Kubiak has been less than perfect himself. His play calling while not as predicatble is suspect and his game planning so far has been even more so.

Did I have high hopes for Kubiak. You bet I did and I have still feel this ball club has far more talent than it is showing. I firmly believe, however, that this ball club has to establish the pass before it can run. Its the same kind of team the 49ers had when Montana and Walsh were there. We have too much fire power in our receivers not to use them to best advantage. With this running game you are not going to scare anyone. Gado may prove to be a lot better than thought, but he is going to be even better when people are not looking for him running the ball. That happened in the 4th qtr today.

I still saying its coaching and not the players that is the problem again. I may be a lone wolf out there, but I'm sticking by my guns. We have top WR and TE talent and nothing at RB as of now. Why do you RUN RUN RUN RUN and say you can't pass until you run the ball. The Colts have stated they don't have a running game yet, so Manning is going to PASS PASS PASS PASS the ball. They are having success because they are doing what they do best. Carr is no Manning, but we are a heck of a lot better passing team than we are a running team. Give the team a chance and a break.

hollywood_texan
09-17-2006, 11:59 PM
How about a 4 qtr coach to go along with it. I'm sorry Vinny, but how do you account for the defensive debacle as well. Kubiak is no different than Capers in that he keeps trying to run the ball and that simply is not the strength of this ball club. Is Carr perfect, far from it. However, Kubiak has been less than perfect himself. His play calling while not as predicatble is suspect and his game planning so far has been even more so.

Did I have high hopes for Kubiak. You bet I did and I have still feel this ball club has far more talent than it is showing. I firmly believe, however, that this ball club has to establish the pass before it can run. Its the same kind of team the 49ers had when Montana and Walsh were there. We have too much fire power in our receivers not to use them to best advantage. With this running game you are not going to scare anyone. Gado may prove to be a lot better than thought, but he is going to be even better when people are not looking for him running the ball. That happened in the 4th qtr today.

I still saying its coaching and not the players that is the problem again. I may be a lone wolf out there, but I'm sticking by my guns. We have top WR and TE talent and nothing at RB as of now. Why do you RUN RUN RUN RUN and say you can't pass until you run the ball. The Colts have stated they don't have a running game yet, so Manning is going to PASS PASS PASS PASS the ball. They are having success because they are doing what they do best. Carr is no Manning, but we are a heck of a lot better passing team than we are a running team. Give the team a chance and a break.

Let's start a pack of wolves here. I am #2.

I think Kubiak needs to prove to defensive coordinators the Texans can use the entire part of the field. That is the problem as I see it on the offensive side of the ball. Also, I think Kubiak's play calling is suspect at best.

jmlockett
09-18-2006, 06:15 AM
Ok I see ya'lls point I agree that we need to be playing to our strengths. However, I dont see it being a great possibilty to be able to run a passing offense without a oline. So maybe Kubes thought on trying to start a running game may be the safest thing.

TFL
09-18-2006, 06:28 AM
Ok I see ya'lls point I agree that we need to be playing to our strengths. However, I dont see it being a great possibilty to be able to run a passing offense without a oline. So maybe Kubes thought on trying to start a running game may be the safest thing.

In order to do some of the passing plays in this Offense you have to run the ball, and we just are not running the ball the best, but you have to give Kubiak at least a year before you can start question his coaching abilty or calling plays becuase it was just one off season, and he was not able to get the team the way he excatly wanted it he did as good as he can with the players that where out there, and he also has to coach the whole team how to run his system, and that might take 1 year or more give him time.

HJam72
09-18-2006, 07:44 AM
I think the first play of the game is what's wrong with the offense. Carr takes the snap takes 2 steps back and has to choose which of the three defenders already in the backfield is going to get to sack him.

What's wrong with the defense is how long it took us to get a sack.

Kubiak says it's Carr's fault. Well, then Kubiak is telling a bunch of frantic, ticked off fans what they want to hear. I'm fine with benching Carr, but I really doubt it's going to help anything at all. I wanted to try starting Rosenfeld in preseason, but it never happened. The problem is that our line on both sides is subpar and we have faced two of the better teams in this league two Sundays in a row. It will get better, but don't expect miracles.

As far as coaching goes, the running on 3rd and 9 was just stupid, but I don't think any coach would ever make everybody happy all the time, and I don't think coaching is the problem. Heck, we hot Sherman at OC. How can coaching be the problem on offense? The problem is that we've got rookies and losers as linemen. I imagine Pitts is an exception to that and there may be a few others (like Flanagan for sure), but we just suck. We also have skills players that can't block and help (effectively) with blitzes. Some may be able too, but some definitely haven't learned how yet. Lundy and fumbles is going to be another problem. He's a talented fumbler. Mostly, though, like I said, we suck in the trenches and nothing's going to change much until we see linemen winning where it counts.

I should add that part of the problem is the team needing time to gel, but I just hate saying it because we're all sick of reading it. :)

Honoring Earl 34
09-18-2006, 08:16 AM
I saw Carr before the game ... he looked like a guy about to get a vasectomy . In the first quarter , he played like a guy who got snipped .

Cjeremy635
09-18-2006, 08:50 AM
I haven't been a "bench Carr" person yet and I don't know if I'm heading down that road right now either. The one thing that keeps coming to mind though, is do you think that this team plays for him? That could be a big missing ingredient in the swagger pool for our team. Maybe they don't think he can lead them to the next level and they gave up on him like they gave up on Capers. Could it be a possibility? I think so and I think it's a likely scenario. In my mind, you shouldn't have to be led by someone. They are all grown men and get paid millions to perform for 16 weeks. But, the reality of it is, these men have to have a leader that they can ralley around and maybe they don't feel like Carr is the one for them. I have no idea, it just appears they they are flat out there. I didn't expect them to win either game we played so far, but I didn't expect them to be as sloppy either. :confused:

thunderkyss
09-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Wow...... Ibar, I guess I'm the last remaining memeber of the 13-3 club eh??

Anyway.

a team would have to be stupid not to believe we're going to try to bootleg Carr into the open field. The Colts guessed right, and were rewarded.

Then Carr's fumble didn't help.

Then Lundy's fumble didn't help.

& as long as people believe Pitts, & Flanagan are doing their part, as well as AJ, Dunta, Sanders, and Demeco...... we are going to have a lot of unhappy fans.

Defensively, we took ourselves out of the game when we showed up with that weak nickle defense, and shifting to a 3 man front, standing babin up, and whatever else we tried to do, that wasn't working in the first half.

Offensively, with the colts, you can get into a shootout, or we can run the ball and control the clock.... We already know our QB needs 3 quarters and 7 minutes to warm up, so that leaves the running game....

But..... I noticed Carr not having his saftey valves very often, in the RBs in the flat, and went to the tightends early in the game. we need to start him with 5 wideouts for the next three quarters, and see how he does.

Cjeremy635
09-18-2006, 09:46 AM
For the record, I heard Carr this morning on 610 and he talked about the protection of the O-line. He did say that they went into "max protect" mode when they started putting up the yards and points late in the game. Those were the times when he had ample time in the pocket to throw the ball. I don't know why we didn't switch to MAX earlier in the game, it may have made a difference at the beginning.

Porky
09-18-2006, 10:02 AM

As usual - wrong, wrong, wrong. Passing the first two plays was what got them in the early hole. Against Manning every team in the league goes to a run first ball control offense designed to keep Manning off the field. Remind me again what Pittsburgh did in the playoffs last year? You keep blaming the coaches. It seems to me that the only constant throughout both regimes has been the players. Why do you keep blaming the coaches, when the blame resides at the players feet? Although I think I know the answer, it's time to recognize that this team has made some major personell mistakes, starting with your golden boy, and ending with Bush/Williams.

Ibar_Harry
09-18-2006, 10:16 AM
Wow...... Ibar, I guess I'm the last remaining memeber of the 13-3 club eh??

Anyway.

a team would have to be stupid not to believe we're going to try to bootleg Carr into the open field. The Colts guessed right, and were rewarded.

Then Carr's fumble didn't help.

Then Lundy's fumble didn't help.

& as long as people believe Pitts, & Flanagan are doing their part, as well as AJ, Dunta, Sanders, and Demeco...... we are going to have a lot of unhappy fans.

Defensively, we took ourselves out of the game when we showed up with that weak nickle defense, and shifting to a 3 man front, standing babin up, and whatever else we tried to do, that wasn't working in the first half.

Offensively, with the colts, you can get into a shootout, or we can run the ball and control the clock.... We already know our QB needs 3 quarters and 7 minutes to warm up, so that leaves the running game....

But..... I noticed Carr not having his saftey valves very often, in the RBs in the flat, and went to the tightends early in the game. we need to start him with 5 wideouts for the next three quarters, and see how he does.

Its how they have looked and the lack of coaching staff that seems to understand what they are doing wrong (Team and the coaches). Yes, we played 2 very good teams, both who have their own problems and have adapted. We haven't and that is the issue. DD is gone. It was not planned that way, but that's a fact. What is our strength, its our receivers. You don't go away from your strength, because that's not the way everyone else is playing the game. You have to use your strength as that is the best chance you have at winning the game. You have to adapt, you have to over come is the name of the game............

They didn't protect Carr at the beginning of the game and we started off with a sack and then a fumble. But the Colts didn't punt until the 2nd half for the 1st time. We neither put defensive pressure or offensive pressure on the Colts. I'm very disappointed with the performance of this team and the coaching staff. We have some limitations personnel wise and we need to adapt and work with what we have. We have unfortunately had some injuries that haven't helped us as well. That happens to every team, but it seems like we are unfortunate enough to loose a lot of key people. Dayne stepping on Spencer is just a good example. Just a flat crazy injury and that you can not expect or account for. I like our team and I like the effort in TC and preseason. I feel for these gentleman and what they are going through. Yes, I'm mad because we are not that bad of a team and we shouldn't be looking as bad as we are.

Ibar_Harry
09-18-2006, 10:25 AM
Wasn't it the 1st play of the game that Feeney came through Spencer like a hot butter knife. They didn't anticipate that? Give me a break. You know Feeney is going to try to intimidate the ROOKIE in the 1st series. To think he's done it to everyone else except for some one like PACE and he won't do it to the Rookie has got to be rediculous. Add to that the fact that our O-line has been described as being somewhat porous in nature only inhances the probability of some kind of blitz to get things started off with a bang for the defense. Hey, Kubiak is calling the plays all the way. If you know what the other team is going to do, then you better have something well planned to counter that so you put yourself on the right path and leave the other team scrambling to try to figure out how to adjust.

SESupergenius
09-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Throw in Dunta, Orr and the safeties win your wide sweep on personnel moves. They played aweful and have been so the last few games. I hope that Wong comes back and takes the LLB spot because we needs some heady guys in there.

texan_fan_8
09-18-2006, 10:38 AM
So even kubes says if Carr fails so does the team. He knows Carr does not do well in the begining, but by then it too late when he is ready. I hope kubes pulls Carr if he does not see him improve. :neener:

If only now the 'we are too tough on Carr' crowd would get the point as well. Even Kubiak agrees with us it would seem.

SESupergenius
09-18-2006, 10:42 AM
If only now the 'we are too tough on Carr' crowd would get the point as well. Even Kubiak agrees with us it would seem.
Carr played lights out the second half, the defense played horrible the whole game. If we get Carr to play the whole game we only lose 43-40. Ok that makes sense. Defense people, defense.

eriadoc
09-18-2006, 11:20 AM
Put someone, anyone back there at QB. Then, when the same results occur, people will get it. The lines on this team suck. As long as that is the case, it will not matter who you put at WR, RB, QB, or TE. It will not matter who you put at LB. The lines on this team are atrocious and that is why we are losing football games.

Honoring Earl 34
09-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Freeney did not get a sack . So Spencer did something right in his last game of the year .

You cannot give the Colts the ball at your own 15 yd line to start the game . You have to answer on the next possesion ... we did'nt do that . If the Texans don't fumble three times to start the game ... the Colts have to respect the running game . We played the Colts game .

You can listen to Kubiak and tell he's less than impressed with Carr's game . A QB is measured by W's and there's a reason for that .

Hulk75
09-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Cute...........Kubiak is never going to say anything good about Carr right now, why should he. He only said that because he does not want Carr to think he played his best football, like he said he is going to ride Carr.

I had a DLINE Coach in College that never not one time would praise you for something unless it was perfectly done. I got a sack on Chris Sims vs Texas one year and I came off to the sideline and he grabbed me and said you gave too much of your chest up and your punch is getting lazy. He was not playing down what I had just done, he was helping know that just because I goy 1 sack, that did not define my game that day.

He wants Carr to think that everything that happens is tied to him, when in reall life our Defense Sucks and he is getting blasted, nice call on the bootleg Coach.

My guy JP Loseman was 8-11 and 1 td and won. WHY? Because his Defense is salty, he is by NO stretch better then David Carr.

Thanks for chimming in, I was wondering what the 1st thing about the game from you was going to be.

Vinny
09-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Thanks for chimming in, I was wondering what the 1st thing about the game from you was going to be.
anytime. When your longest pass in the first half is 11 yards and you are behind 30-3 by the end of the 3th quarter and your QB has fumbled 3 times...perhaps it's just me, but I'm not too hot on that.

Honoring Earl 34
09-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Put someone, anyone back there at QB. Then, when the same results occur, people will get it. The lines on this team suck. As long as that is the case, it will not matter who you put at WR, RB, QB, or TE. It will not matter who you put at LB. The lines on this team are atrocious and that is why we are losing football games.
Kubiak told the world that he informed Carr to get the ball out of there . That the team will go as you go . They'll follow your lead ( is that not what happened ) because the team has got to want to kill for the QB .
Kubiak has been around great QBs and been to numerous super bowls . When he talks QBs and is mad , then somebody's not doing their job .

Johnny Utah
09-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Wasn't it the 1st play of the game that Feeney came through Spencer like a hot butter knife. They didn't anticipate that? Give me a break. You know Feeney is going to try to intimidate the ROOKIE in the 1st series. To think he's done it to everyone else except for some one like PACE and he won't do it to the Rookie has got to be rediculous. Add to that the fact that our O-line has been described as being somewhat porous in nature only inhances the probability of some kind of blitz to get things started off with a bang for the defense. Hey, Kubiak is calling the plays all the way. If you know what the other team is going to do, then you better have something well planned to counter that so you put yourself on the right path and leave the other team scrambling to try to figure out how to adjust.

That was Mathis against Weigert.

TheOgre
09-18-2006, 12:21 PM
Guys I would like to see gone from the starting lineup in 2007:

LLB Orr - has rush skills but little else
SS Earl - good against the run, but a liability in coverage
CB guy opposite Robinson (Sanders for now) - this has been an issue for a while
FS Brown - He looks lost on a regular basis. Since he is supposed to be one of the defensive captains, that is a problem.

RB Lundy/Gado/Wisconsin(Dayne)/DD - I'd love to see us go for a 1st tier RB like Adrian Peterson in 2007. From the looks of things, we might be in the mix for him.

This is where I want to start. I'm sure you could make cases for Carr and some of the O-line. I want to keep the D-line together for a while to see if they can gel.

Hulk75
09-18-2006, 12:36 PM
anytime. When your longest pass in the first half is 11 yards and you are behind 30-3 by the end of the 3th quarter and your QB has fumbled 3 times...perhaps it's just me, but I'm not too hot on that.
Who do you think your talking to, do you think I dont have a clue about the game of football.

11 yard the logest pass, well there is a reason for that Vinny it is called rushing only 4 and dropping everyone else deep, how far would you go when there is 7 guys down the field waiting for you to throw the ball deep.

3 Fumbles 1 lost because Mike snap it too early. 2nd one Wiegert gets beat and Carr gets hit. 3rd one he gets hit again and we recover.

So none of those are his fault and we loose 1 do to him getting smoked.

30-3..........30? 30 flippin Points were given up in 2 Qs of football, was the D even on the field.

Feel free to argue about any of it.

Vinny
09-18-2006, 12:37 PM
just my commentary. Sorry you take it so personal.

texan_fan_8
09-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Carr played lights out the second half, the defense played horrible the whole game. If we get Carr to play the whole game we only lose 43-40. Ok that makes sense. Defense people, defense.

Take off the 14 points the offense gave up. its 29-24 isn't it. You can't fumble the ball on the 16 yardline in the second play of the game. Thats all David Carr. But then maybe they don't put their second string in either for defense, which is what Carr did so well against, the second stringers.

I want Carr to be good. I want him to lead
he just doesnt' seem to have that meddle to do so. Its gut check time and he doesn't seem to have a gut to check.

Hulk75
09-18-2006, 01:04 PM
just my commentary. Sorry you take it so personal.
Personall?, let me know when I am wrong, about anything I just wrote, keep the smart elic stuff to yourself, you wana talk football, then do it.

Vinny
09-18-2006, 01:06 PM
Personall?, let me know when I am wrong. I'm trying to cut down on my posting...not post more.

:poker:

Hulk75
09-18-2006, 01:08 PM
I'm trying to cut down on my posting...not post more.

:poker:
Is that what it is, or do you just not have a clue about what you talk about most the time.

Vinny
09-18-2006, 01:10 PM
I'm not in here attacking you...stop taking shots at me. I told you I'm sorry you take my comments personally even though they are clearly directed at a player and not you.

thunderkyss
09-18-2006, 01:14 PM

That's what they said in NewEngland the last time Bledsoe got hit & taken out of the game.

Hulk75
09-18-2006, 01:25 PM
I'm not in here attacking you...stop taking shots at me. I told you I'm sorry you take my comments personally even though they are clearly directed at a player and not you.
Allright, just cant see what your saying from typed words. My fault!:ok:

When I get upset it is from guys saying "this" when "this and that" really happened. It drives me crazy, "He Fumbled 3 times". Yes he did but how many were his fault, zero, maybe one, but we recovered that one.

Throw the ball further then 11 yards well when they only have 4 rushing and thoose 4 are doing very well, you cant throw it deep, you take what is given to you, otherwise you get guys like Jake and Favre forcing balls and getting them picked.

Vinny
09-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Allright, just cant see what your saying from typed words. My fault!:ok:

When I get upset it is from guys saying "this" when "this and that" really happened. It drives me crazy, "He Fumbled 3 times". Yes he did but how many were his fault, zero, maybe one, but we recovered that one.

Throw the ball further then 11 yards well when they only have 4 rushing and thoose 4 are doing very well, you cant throw it deep, you take what is given to you, otherwise you get guys like Jake and Favre forcing balls and getting them picked.
That's much better than attacking my character because I said that Carr's longest pass was 11 yards at halftime and I'm not big on QB's that kill their own drives when the game is on the line.

I don't know why you guys want to insult me for just speaking my mind about one of our players. Search my posts and you can see I don't dwell on Carr even though I clearly don't like his game. I'm not in all those threads arguing why I don't like him...but you just can't seem to get over the fact that I don't see what you see. The personal attacks show a lack of class.

utahmark
09-18-2006, 01:30 PM
Wasn't it the 1st play of the game that Feeney came through Spencer like a hot butter knife.

actually that never happened. but your free to make up stuff if you like.

Hulk75
09-18-2006, 01:46 PM
That's much better than attacking my character because I said that Carr's longest pass was 11 yards at halftime and I'm not big on QB's that kill their own drives when the game is on the line.

I don't know why you guys want to insult me for just speaking my mind about one of our players. Search my posts and you can see I don't dwell on Carr even though I clearly don't like his game. I'm not in all those threads arguing why I don't like him...but you just can't seem to get over the fact that I don't see what you see. The personal attacks show a lack of class.
I said I was sorry so lets not start all that extra stuff who cares.

And DO NOT play so Innocent, I have a good memory.

Vinny
09-18-2006, 01:48 PM
remember what you want...but I usually talk football then you Carr guys start taking pot shots at me. I just wish that was different.

eriadoc
09-18-2006, 01:58 PM
That's what they said in NewEngland the last time Bledsoe got hit & taken out of the game.

The Pats had a good core of players on the lines when Brady stepped up on that team. And Bledsoe is clearly a better QB than Carr, FWIW. I'd love to be proven wrong about the lines on this team, but it's not happening. Every week, I see right tackle, center, and left tackle getting abused more often than they do the abusing. On defense, I see every player on the D-line pushing and getting nowhere, for the most part. The only player that's given me hope on the D-line is Babin, as he's actually getting close to the QB regularly. Weaver's made a stop or two behind the line as well. But mostly, I've seen McNabb and Manning have all kinds of time to throw while our QB has the minimum usually. What Carr does with that minimum amount of time is a separate discussion, in my mind. I'd just like to see our QB have the time that I have seen other QBs have against us.

SESupergenius
09-18-2006, 02:56 PM
This teams needs to get a Polumalu, Bouleware, E. Reed or R. Harrison at safety, a guy that can play both defensive back and linebacker. These are the teams that are doing well on defense...of course having a speed rushing DE helps. It may be that we addressed the wrong position in trying to gear our personnel towards beating the Colts, of which we see twice a year.