PDA

View Full Version : We played the Eagles and the Colts!!

gtexan02
09-17-2006, 11:39 PM
So far, the Giants have played the exact same teams we have. Interesting no? I thought it'd be fun to compare our stats:

The Giants gave up 8 sacks to the Eagles DL today
The Giants gave up 451 total offense yards to the Eagles
The Giants only sacked McNabb once, and Manning only once
The Giants gave up 327 yards of offense to the Colts
The Giants only rushed for 86 yards against the Eagles D

The Giants are a great team. They have 2 amazing RBs in Tiki Barber and Brandon Jacobs. They have a star in the making in Eli Manning. They have two of the best pass rushing DEs in the NFL in Strahan and Umenyiora. I've never heard anything about their OL, indicating it must be pretty good.

They've had the exact same schedule as we've had. Despite ending up 1-1 (which is damn good against this schedule), they've had many of the same problems the Texans have had against these playoff caliber teams.

So before you completly write us off, remember the teams we've played, and how tough they've looked. Then remember that the Giants, a definite playoff contender with a solid core who has been playing together for a while, has had many of the same problems we've had.

jmerog
09-17-2006, 11:44 PM
Nice post and really puts things into perspective. the horrifying start today kind of skews things a little also.

gtexan02
09-17-2006, 11:47 PM
To be fair, the giants did a lot of things better to both of those teams than we did, but I do find it interesting that we both struggled in many of the same areas, especially along the lines, which the Giants are considered to be strong in.

valleytexfan
09-17-2006, 11:48 PM
Great perspective!!! I agree.

gtexan02
09-18-2006, 12:09 AM
It sucks how everyone is saying "poor giants-they have such a tough schedule" but we are a 2-14 team with the same one and no one seems to care!

pittbull
09-18-2006, 12:21 AM
So far, the Giants have played the exact same teams we have. Interesting no? I thought it'd be fun to compare our stats:

The Giants are a great team. They have 2 amazing RBs in Tiki Barber and Brandon Jacobs. They have a star in the making in Eli Manning. They have two of the best pass rushing DEs in the NFL in Strahan and Umenyiora. I've never heard anything about their OL, indicating it must be pretty good.

They've had the exact same schedule as we've had. Despite ending up 1-1 (which is damn good against this schedule), they've had many of the same problems the Texans have had against these playoff caliber teams.

So before you completly write us off, remember the teams we've played, and how tough they've looked. Then remember that the Giants, a definite playoff contender with a solid core who has been playing together for a while, has had many of the same problems we've had.

GOOD POST, AT LEAST ANOTHER FAN THAT IS NOT EMOTIONAL, BUT EDUCATED ENOUGH TO LOOK AT THE FACTS!!!! GOD BLESS YOU!!!

BlueThunder
09-18-2006, 12:30 AM
Yes,They could very well be the Superbowl finalist.The only problem is we have to stop the Colts or atleast spilt...We really have a full plate and our work cut out for use with Manning in our division..He's like a coach on the field..He already has what 37 years of football experence?

PS.The best signings are from the division because you not only gain experence and knoledge but weaking our oponets.Thats what I was trying to do last year when we cault the Colts behind the 8 ball..

Divebomb
09-18-2006, 12:36 AM
Anyone who watched the Philly/Giants game knows that we are a far f-ing cry from the Giants. In fact our name does not even deserve to be in the same sent. as the Giants!

peyton2marvin
09-18-2006, 12:37 AM
The only problem is that the Giants actually had a chance to win vs the Colts. The Texans had zero chance to win that game. The giants are 6 points from being 2-0 the Texans are 29. Big difference.

Cruuuuuuuz
09-18-2006, 12:37 AM
Giants are 1-1. We are 0-2.
Thas all that matters.

Mysteryhunt
09-18-2006, 01:57 AM
Thas all that matters.

only a sith deals in absolutes. i will do what i must.

wolf123
09-18-2006, 02:22 AM
Anyone who watched the Philly/Giants game knows that we are a far f-ing cry from the Giants. In fact our name does not even deserve to be in the same sent. as the Giants!

No disrespect, but you're missing the point of the thread.

Just so everyone can compare our stats to the Giants against both these teams...here they are

Texans gave up 5 sacs to the Eagles D line
Texans allowed 444 total yards of offense to the Eagles
Texans gave up 525 total yards of offense to the Colts
Texans gave up 4 sacks to the Colts D line
Texans sacked McNabb once and Manning twice
Texans rushed for 70 yards against the Eagles

Go Texans...there's only uphill from here

Texans86
09-18-2006, 02:32 AM
only a sith deals in absolutes. i will do what i must.

Hey hey hey, that's my signature, not yours.

Mattheus_Rex
09-18-2006, 04:20 AM
Thas all that matters.
That's the truth. It doesn't matter if you give up 6 points or 29 points, all that matters is the record at the end of the season.

threetoedpete
09-18-2006, 04:28 AM
Yeah well, Tiki or Brandon didn't whip out the o-line today did they ? Spencer's gone my friend. That half full glass...it just got shattered along with Spencer's knee. We're toast. And so is the '06 season. Nice post Jim Jones. Let me grieve in peace.

edo783
09-18-2006, 09:07 AM

Good post.

AtheGreat
09-18-2006, 09:17 AM
wow, glad to see that at least a few people actually have a head on top of their shoulders around here. Honestly, we just played two EXCELLENT teams that would suprise everyone if they didn't get close to the SuperBowl. Bunch of yall need to pull yourselves together and open your eyes.

ITS THE FREAKING COLTS!!!

we haven't beat them in 5 years, so why would a brand new mix of guys playing their 2nd game together do any different than their previous attempts. Give them till the break, and if they're 0-5 or 0-6 (whichever week we get a bye), then yall can have a ligitimate aurgment to say that we suck more than ever, mario sucks, etc. etc.

But in a year, when all these guys have time to gel and start winning, i'll remember who thought this was the worst team ever. GO TEXANS!!!!!!!

:redtowel:

thunderkyss
09-18-2006, 10:18 AM
The only problem is that the Giants actually had a chance to win vs the Colts. The Texans had zero chance to win that game. The giants are 6 points from being 2-0 the Texans are 29. Big difference.

big difference is that the Giants have been playing together going on three years now. We're going on three weeks....

Perspective........ it's all about perspective.

The Giants are looking to make a playoff run, we're trying to get a winning season........ big difference.....

We're looking pretty good, and based on these two games, I'd say we are ahead of the curve.

We'll see with Washington & Miami.... if we are in that ballpark, then Kubiak is doing an outstanding job

jdog
09-18-2006, 10:22 AM

You make a good point. I think their offensive line is not so good either. The main difference is the Giants are staying in these games, and we are not. Why? I don't know. I think it's mental on our part.

real
09-18-2006, 10:22 AM
I really, really don't see us beating the redskins or the dolphins...together they have played the steelers, cowboys, and vikings....3 legit playoff contenders, and 2 legit Superbowl contenders....It's true that they haven't won...but just watching those two teams play they are much better than the Texans...

jdog
09-18-2006, 11:16 AM
Actually, I think one big difference is at quarterback. I hate to bring it up, and I've been supporting Carr. However, I think he is a problem. In the Giants/Eagles game the biggest difference was the quarterback play in my opinion. Eli was making things happen. Carr is a number one pick, and it is not too much to expect similar play from him. And I am not talking about stats. Yeah, Carr is getting good stats, but he needs to be more focused on getting plays and wins.