PDA

View Full Version : OLine next week?

TexansFan4EvR
09-17-2006, 10:34 PM
I was thinking since flannagan went down today, as well as Spencer is out for the season ( i heard it was a fractured leg ) that I would like to put out some possibilities of lineups the offensive line could run next week.

Without Flannagan,

Salaam Pitts Mckinney Weary Weigert.

Pitts Weary McKinney Weigert Winston.

Pitts Weary McKinney Weigert Salaam.

Salaam can be interchangable, but if flannagan is out for next week I think we would probaly go with the first line up.

If Flannagan does play. I believe that Salaam will play LT, but the coaches may give Winston a start.
:twocents:

Hervoyel
09-17-2006, 10:40 PM
So I take it you don't think that Wand will be contacted?

If Spencer really is gone for the season then I can't imagine that the Texans wouldn't pick up the phone and call Seth Wand.

Scooter
09-17-2006, 10:41 PM
salaam - pitts - mckinney - weary - weigert.

if flanagan's out, i'm pretty sure that's what our line would look like. if flanagan plays, mckinney moves back to RG. if that is our offensive line next week (without flanagan), i'd recommend starting porter at QB. there's no sense getting carr or sage killed this early in the season.

texflex513
09-17-2006, 10:41 PM
I was thinking since flannagan went down today, as well as Spencer is out for the season ( i heard it was a fractured leg ) that I would like to put out some possibilities of lineups the offensive line could run next week.

Without Flannagan,

Salaam Pitts Mckinney Weary Weigert.

Pitts Weary McKinney Weigert Winston.

Pitts Weary McKinney Weigert Salaam.

Salaam can be interchangable, but if flannagan is out for next week I think we would probaly go with the first line up.

If Flannagan does play. I believe that Salaam will play LT, but the coaches may give Winston a start.
:twocents:
Salaam Pitts Mckinney Weary Weigert. This lineup is most likely like you said but i think we should resign Wand with Pitts Mckinney Weary with Salaam at RT.

Scooter
09-17-2006, 10:42 PM
So I take it you don't think that Wand will be contacted?

If Spencer really is gone for the season then I can't imagine that the Texans wouldn't pick up the phone and call Seth Wand.

i really hope they do bring him back, with spencer out we're deffinately going to need him.

footballguy69
09-17-2006, 10:44 PM
Personally, I would like to see Winston, Pitts, Hodgdon, McKinney and Wiegert in a few series. Salaam could be the swing guy for tackles and Weary for the guards. Hodgdon did well last year at center. I think at O line and with the problems we have, Kubes should not move them around as such.:poker:

painekiller
09-18-2006, 12:15 AM
Wand will be back, Salaam was kept because he could play decent on both side during a game if someone got hurt. He did his job, and next week he will be the backup tackle active for the game. Winston will be inactive.
And Wand will start at LT.

It really is simple.

Now lets see if Kubiak and Smith see it that way.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-18-2006, 02:27 AM
Spencer is truely out for the season? :crying:

threetoedpete
09-18-2006, 02:34 AM
Yeah and we're talking about a knee cap. I'll wait on CloaknnnnnnDagger, but I'm afraid Spencer's career is toast. Enjoy the Nigerian cull all.
The main question is this o-line going to be able to compete with what we have on our plate the next six weeks ? Be funny if they call Wand and he tells them thanks, but no thanks.

Ibar_Harry
09-18-2006, 02:34 AM
Wand will be back, Salaam was kept because he could play decent on both side during a game if someone got hurt. He did his job, and next week he will be the backup tackle active for the game. Winston will be inactive.
And Wand will start at LT.

It really is simple.

Now lets see if Kubiak and Smith see it that way.

Well, we will see if Kubiak is a man of his word. Quite frankly I don't think there is a ghost of a chance. I hope I'm wrong. I think it will take a lot of arm twisting of Kubiak for Wand to be brought back. I think there were a lot of very bad feelings when Wand was released.

threetoedpete
09-18-2006, 02:39 AM
Personally, I would like to see Winston, Pitts, Hodgdon, McKinney and Wiegert in a few series. Salaam could be the swing guy for tackles and Weary for the guards. Hodgdon did well last year at center. I think at O line and with the problems we have, Kubes should not move them around as such.:poker:
OK I'll post this one more fricken time...Winston does not have the wheels currently to play left tackle at the NFL level. He might be able to handle the tallent on the thumb tacks, but against what we've got comming...einstien, he can not do the job. Period end of story. Quit posting this manure. He will get embrassed and Carr will get Killed worse than he already is. Jeeze fricken Christ !

Heywood
09-18-2006, 05:49 AM
i hope wand has a good agent wh holds the texans' feet over the fire here. the fact they cut him and kept mickininey was redneck PR.

RiotCommander
09-18-2006, 06:36 AM
I really don't know if we could have lost anyone more important to this team then Spencer. Even as a rookie he has done a great job at LT. Yes, he got beat a few times, but has anyone we have had done better? I think our best chance is to bring back Wand, and have and open fight for the job. Allowing Winston to try for it too whenever he is healthy. I'm not even sure whats wrong with Winston. We could get lucky and he could Step up and show why some people thought he was a first round caliber pick.

Runner
09-18-2006, 07:23 AM
Well, since there is so much speculation on this and other threads I think I'll throw in my two cents.

1) About Wand: I don't think there was a lot of bad feelings about the Wand cut. I think it was a hard decision, and I think a player can still respect a coach even if he disagrees with the cut decision. Players get cut and brought back all the time in this league. Anger and disappointment? Sure. Disrespect? I don't think that is a given.

2) About Kubiak: IIRC, I read in the Chronicle at the time of the cut that Kubiak said he'd take Wand back if that became necessary. Well - I think it just did. Now is a chance for Kubiak to show if he's the straight shooter we think he is or if he speaks coach speak like most of the other NFL head coaches.

3) About football: Wand was in a close competition for the starting LT job. Salaam didn't compete to start. Winston didn't compete for the swing tackle job. It seems to make football sense for them to bring Wand back in as the starter and let Salaam fill the role he was targeted for and let Winston develop for a year as planned.

We'll know soon.

aj.
09-18-2006, 07:38 AM
Wand can help shore up the position, sure, but if he was that good, and that close to being a starting caliber LT in the league, don't you think any one of the other 31 teams would have picked him off waivers or free agency by now to be at least a backup? That probably is a good indicator of what the rest of the league thinks of our OL talent, or lack of.

I think Pitts will stay at guard and Salaam is the LT until further notice.

Losing Spencer was a big blow. He was going to be a fine LT.

eric138
09-18-2006, 07:59 AM
...and kept mickininey was redneck PR.

That's a little offensive.
:cowboy1:

edo783
09-18-2006, 08:31 AM
That's a little offensive.:cowboy1:

And stupid and ignorant and a whole lot of other things.

Texans Horror
09-18-2006, 08:45 AM
Did Salaam look that good out there on the field? The image in my mind is of Freeney's backup blazing past Salaam and taking Carr's head off.

I don't suppose there is anybody's soul we can sell for Steve Hutchinson or Orlando Pace?

:evilb:

JohnGalt
09-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Wand can help shore up the position, sure, but if he was that good, and that close to being a starting caliber LT in the league, don't you think any one of the other 31 teams would have picked him off waivers or free agency by now to be at least a backup? That probably is a good indicator of what the rest of the league thinks of our OL talent, or lack of.

I think Pitts will stay at guard and Salaam is the LT until further notice.

Losing Spencer was a big blow. He was going to be a fine LT.

It's hard to know for sure what all of the GM's are thinking or what their scouting reports are telling them. I suspect the biggest reason that Wand is not on another team is that he has only played for one other group of coaches and their system.

Pendry didn't like him and there are no "Pendry Disciples" using his coaching scheme at other teams, so Wand would need to be taught the all plays of the new team. He would already be months behind the linemen.

He is not a journeyman with exposure to many play systems. He might fit in with Atlanta or Denver, but I don't think they needed linemen.

Crazyhorse
09-18-2006, 10:19 AM
1) Spencer is gone for the season, he has surgery today. The break is high on the lower leg.
2) Wand was let go because he was not physical enough, he had the same problem last year and it continued this year even with a new coach. What makes anyone think that will change in a three to four week period. If he and Winston were competing for the same spot he would have lost out to him too.
3) Winston is a lot better tackle than everyone wants to give him credit for. I watched him carve Mario into the ground time after time in preseason practices while Weagert nursed a shoulder injury.
4) I would venture that his not playing at this point has not been due to a lack of ability. Everyone says he and Spencer are the future, well there is no reason looking back to Wand we all now the result there we need to move ahead and keep building for the future, bring on Eric!!!!