PDA

View Full Version : No team that has went 0-2 has made the playoffs in the last two years?

supertankman
09-17-2006, 07:32 PM
I can not believe this statistic; How the hell is the season over after two games? Guess that explains why all the Texan fans are throwing in the towel allready. The players just care about one thing at this point, keeping their starting job so they can keep their big million dollar homes and 100k cars!

Anyone ready for the NBA allready, go Rockets!

Tulip
09-17-2006, 07:34 PM
In the last two years? That's a pretty small statistical sample.

utahmark
09-17-2006, 07:35 PM
did you really expect us to make the playoffs this year?

Brandon420tx
09-17-2006, 07:36 PM
did you really expect us to make the playoffs this year?
Of course.

painekiller
09-17-2006, 07:38 PM
I can not believe this statistic; How the hell is the season over after two games? Guess that explains why all the Texan fans are throwing in the towel allready. The players just care about one thing at this point, keeping their starting job so they can keep their big million dollar homes and 100k cars!

I am just trying to understand how anyone who knows how many player we need to upgrade after being the team with the first pick in the draft, could possible say the words playoffs. This team is bad, they lack the talent to compete with the better teams. They are heading in the right direction, though losing Spencer is a setback for the team and him personally.

But playoff is something that will be 2 years away at best. Our defense is young and at many spots under-talented. Figure it out.

Hookem Horns
09-17-2006, 07:39 PM

Nope, but ready for some hockey. Let's go Rangers!

LBC_Justin
09-17-2006, 07:40 PM

maybe you could the next opening game speech to the players. You a real positive motivator, with a good attitude.

Wolf
09-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Nope, but ready for some hockey. Let's go Rangers!

lets go stars ;)

Grid
09-17-2006, 08:08 PM
no one with David Carr on thier team made the playoffs in the last 4 years.

Gasp! Shock! hehe :D

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 08:09 PM
I never thought we would go anyway. Figured 5 wins at the most before pre season

supertankman
09-17-2006, 08:21 PM
maybe you could the next opening game speech to the players. You a real positive motivator, with a good attitude.

LOL, I will still watch the games this year and hope for the best, but this is Texas football baby and 5 years of growing pains is half a decade and im sick of waiting for the Texans to be somewhat of a contender or at least win half 1/2 a chance to win against anyone in the NFL. I do not think anyone wants grey hair before the Texans makes the playoffs. My point is that 16 games = one year folks; its a pretty scary thought to think that your team is finished allready if they go 0-2 or 0-3

With that being said, look at the astros last year; everyone counted them out and they still had enought time to bouce back, not true in the NFL!

edo783
09-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Remember, most folks were/are picking a 5-7 win season. Most of the same folks would say a 2-6 start. Personally, I am expecting a 0-4 maybe as much as an 0-6 start before we win. That's not to say I would fall over with a heart attack if we beat the Skins or the fish in the next two games, because I think, if we can pull both sides of the ball reasonably together, we can win. I am just not expecting them to get it together until after the break.