PDA

View Full Version : LT will be better now

SESupergenius
09-17-2006, 05:44 PM
I feel bad for Spencer going down and we lose some depth there, but now we will see some solid performance from the LT spot if Salaam is our guy. HE completely manhandled Freeney after Spencer went down and we scored at will, with all their starters still in. We no longer have to wait for Spencer to go through his rookie growing pains.

carter08
09-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Could be a good addition to the line

Brandon420tx
09-17-2006, 05:46 PM
I feel bad for Spencer going down and we lose some depth there, but now we will see some solid performance from the LT spot if Salaam is our guy. HE completely manhandled Freeney after Spencer went down and we scored at will, with all their starters still in. We no longer have to wait for Spencer to go through his rookie growing pains.
He wasn't tired at all though, lets wait a game before we say that Salaam is the better option right now.

Texans Horror
09-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Man, I did not want Spencer playing LT. He's just too young, and I felt Kubes was feeding him to the wolves. However, I did not want him to go out this way. I hope he has a speedy recovery, and that whoever replaces him on the line will do well.

utahmark
09-17-2006, 11:08 PM

freeney wasnt even in the game he went out not long after spencer. and salaam got man handled by his backup.

pittbull
09-17-2006, 11:15 PM

Backup? Who would want to see a backup for LT. This was the prime situation for Spencer to learn. The team was not going to make a run for the playoffs, and it was best to allow this guy to learn the position on the fly and would have been better for it. Now, its another learning situation next season, unless they move him to guard.......NOT!!! Football Guru's, HE WAS THE LT OF THE FUTURE, AND THE FUTURE JUST GOT LONGER!!! I love the kid, and he handled Freeney pretty well. If you have any questions as to how good the Texans line was or gelling to become.......Eli Manning sacked EIGHT TIMES BY PHILLY Vs. Carr sacked 5 times. ! If we placed Salaam at RT, this O-line might be a bit better! Weigart and McKinney are the main issue, not a rookie that was the franchise LT. Is this line near Indy or Pittsburgh level, no, but could have gotten better if they had a year to grow!:hunter: :chicken: