PDA

View Full Version : Not much point in posting today...but

Grid
09-17-2006, 05:41 PM
There isnt much point in posting today.. its gonna take a few days for some folks here to calm down and come back to reality. So im not gonna comment on Carr or how we looked.. there will be enough people talking about that.

What I do want to do is point out a few things for the people who may claim that our coaching sucks.

So.. before you get your panties in a twist and "go off".. just remember:

- We kept Mario at DE so that he could get comfortable at the position.. just like we have been talking about all week. Looks like the coaches may know what they are doing after all.

- Dayne and Gado both looked pretty good in the running game.. and we didnt appear to be missing Morency. Looks like the coaches may know what they are doing after all.

- We blitzed alot more, even though it didnt work against the pass defense of the Colts Oline and we ended up getting burnt repeatedly when we did. Looks like the coaches are trying to build an aggressive defense after all.

- Our biggest problem on offense was mistakes, not lack of production. Fumbles, bad snaps, things of that nature. We lost this game because our defense could not stop Indianapolis. Looks like Carr is not the big problem with this team...looks like Williams WAS the more valuable pick for us.

Thats basicly all I wanted to say.. cause I know that alot of this stuff will get ignored while people start pointing fingers at whichever player/coach they have a vendetta against.

texflex513
09-17-2006, 05:48 PM
nice calm and straight to the point ....great post

Farough
09-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Great post Grid, it's about time that someone started a thread with some sense.

K.D.
09-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I totally agree with you Grid. Some of these posters thoughts are like a thorn in your backside, it hurts like HELL but in a few days it will show it's head and you could pry it out. Great post though!!

edo783
09-17-2006, 06:15 PM
Good post man.

NEROtheZERO
09-17-2006, 06:15 PM
Absolutely agree. A lot of people built their expectations entirely too high in the offseason. The same people that were predicting double digit wins are now seeing a team that went 2-14 last season with marginal improvement. I would be upset if I were them too.

The fact is, we are slowly bulding the team to fit Kubiak's mould and it going to take more than one season. He is purging the trash as quickly as he can.

With that being said, the defense still looks horrible. 400 passing yards given up in two straight game? Terrible. McNabb and Manning are probably both future HOF in pass rich schemes but 400 yards is inexcusable. I am hoping to see a great deal of emphasis on defense in 2007 draft.

keigh31
09-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Glad I found this post!!! The only thing positive since the game ended. Reality should set in for some after that post!!! :yahoo:

Maddict5
09-17-2006, 06:52 PM
- We kept Mario at DE so that he could get comfortable at the position.. just like we have been talking about all week. Looks like the coaches may know what they are doing after all.

- Dayne and Gado both looked pretty good in the running game.. and we didnt appear to be missing Morency. Looks like the coaches may know what they are doing after all.

- We blitzed alot more, even though it didnt work against the pass defense of the Colts Oline and we ended up getting burnt repeatedly when we did. Looks like the coaches are trying to build an aggressive defense after all.

or they're listening to us 'genius' fans too much:hides:

NATHANHALE
09-17-2006, 10:59 PM
Exactly. We are a long way from being a winning team and people need to accept that, instead of getting frustrated. Kubiak's entire offense/defense are based upon certain types of players--not just any player will work and these certain types are not always available every year--so it will be a long time before we get all our slots filled and establish any kind of 'replinishment' system to replace these 'types' of players on a 'regular' basis as we lose them for one reason or another from year to year.:cowboy1:

jmerog
09-18-2006, 12:28 AM
Yup.