PDA

View Full Version : More blitzing, please!

Sarg01
09-17-2006, 04:45 PM
... seen very little in the first two games. However, those few times we did, we had some pretty decent success. Ryans nearly destroyed Manning unblocked - would have if Peyton had already set to throw, but he was still in his drop and was able to throw it away in the general direction of Reggie Wayne. Greenwood actually got himself a sack.

Our secondary needs all the help it can get.

texflex513
09-17-2006, 04:55 PM
I agree... its well worth the risk of getting burned because we are getting burned worse by not blitzing.

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Actually, I disagree. When we blitzed we got burned. We could not get to Manning (much of it has to do with the fact his O-line gets away with a lot of stuff).

bigTEXan8
09-17-2006, 04:58 PM
can we just let d-rob blitz...Lord knows he can't cover with a ****!!

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 04:59 PM
can we just let d-rob blitz...Lord knows he can't cover with a ****!!

LOL, and our safeties

utahmark
09-17-2006, 05:22 PM
the few times we actually slowed them down was on blitzes. not sure why we set back with 5 db's and let manning pick us apart.

Marcus
09-17-2006, 05:38 PM
What is this? Are we going to get into discussing the simple basics here . . . Football 101?

In a 4-3 defense, the 4 down linemen have to occasionlly, not all the time, but occasionally, get pressure on the QB, all by themselves. If the only way to get pressure, is by manufacturing it with a blitz . . .then you're gonna drive your secondary into the ground.

So far . . the 4 down linemen on the Texans have never . . . NEVER . . gotten pressure the QB by themselves. Until they do . . continue to complain about how badly the DBs are playing.

utahmark
09-17-2006, 07:09 PM
What is this? Are we going to get into discussing the simple basics here . . . Football 101?

In a 4-3 defense, the 4 down linemen have to occasionlly, not all the time, but occasionally, get pressure on the QB, all by themselves. If the only way to get pressure, is by manufacturing it with a blitz . . .then you're gonna drive your secondary into the ground.

So far . . the 4 down linemen on the Texans have never . . . NEVER . . gotten pressure the QB by themselves. Until they do . . continue to complain about how badly the DBs are playing.

the only teams to ever beat the colts are the one who get pressure on manning. it was obvious that we were not getting that done early. only a fool keeps trying the same thing over and over when its not working. to make matters worse they had years of game planning that proved playing a soft zone on manning doesnt work. and to make matters even "more worse" they actually held the few times they blitzed and still wouldnt keep blitzing.

and to make matters even more worse than what "more worse" is the only thread that is actually discussing what happened during the game gets no response while all these "insert name"(usually carr) s#cks threads gets tons of responses. proving that all these "haters" really have no clue why our team s#cks they just want to be negative about something.

Grid
09-17-2006, 07:11 PM
we blitz on 3rd downs alot. All those huge plays by Marvin Harrison.. about half those were done while we were blitzing.

Divebomb
09-17-2006, 07:13 PM
We should line up man to man every play and blitz both the SS and FS! They are not doing a damn thing in pass coverage anyways why even keep them back there?

rmartin65
09-17-2006, 07:14 PM
The only way to beat Manning is to get someone in his face. Thats why the Patriots win, the Steelers win, all those guys. They have Manning nervous. Why the Texans dont blitz as much, I dont know. Manning can pick even the all pro db's if he has time.

utahmark
09-17-2006, 07:22 PM
we blitz on 3rd downs alot. All those huge plays by Marvin Harrison.. about half those were done while we were blitzing.

i go back and watch the games and i will check. but i didnt notice a lot of blitzing except on one series late in the game.