PDA

View Full Version : Carr. Let him go for his own sake.

Nighthawk
09-17-2006, 04:41 PM
OK, it's the whole offense. And when Carr is playing against 3rd team guys he's a hot ticket. But in the first ten minutes of this game we learned all we need to know about Carr. He's gunshy. He's frightened. He's outta control. And he's not a leader.

Cut him loose and let him start over elsewhere.

For us, well, we gotta start somewhere. QB is as good a place as any.

Texans86
09-17-2006, 04:44 PM
OK, it's the whole offense. And when Carr is playing against 3rd team guys he's a hot ticket. But in the first ten minutes of this game we learned all we need to know about Carr. He's gunshy. He's frightened. He's outta control. And he's not a leader.

First ten minutes. He gets nailed on the first play from scrimmage by Mathis. He got jittery for one drive, then calmed down the next and took us down the field, where Lundy promtly fumbled it. Get over the fact that Carr had a decent game. In fact, two decent games in a row.

HoustonFan
09-17-2006, 04:46 PM

217 career sacks in 4 seasons 2 games has that effect on a QB.

K.D.
09-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Man, you got to be kidding me. Carr is not the problem here, I admit he had a few mistakes, but the collasping of the pocket is causing him to rush his throws. The guy did what he could do with no running game, limited protection, and a defense who couldn't get a stop on 3rd down until the 4th qtr. Put the whole game in perspective, instead of just calling out one player, might make you feel better.:)

jerek
09-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Do we have a Nighthawk sighting?

Hulk75
09-17-2006, 04:51 PM

blah blah.................Next cause I dont have time to mess with this childish stuff.

Fix the Defense. 3rd team guys...........sure whatever.

JUST DONT RIGHT ANYTHING PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST LET THIS THING DIE OUT.

Second Honeymoon
09-17-2006, 04:52 PM

I wholeheartedly agree

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 04:53 PM
LOL, this JUST IN

ASTROS LOST!!!!

CARR'S FAULT!

MrLizardTX
09-17-2006, 04:54 PM
If kept upright, Carr is a great quarterback.

bigTEXan8
09-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Carr shot Kennedy!!

SESupergenius
09-17-2006, 04:56 PM
This defense was the worst I've ever seen in our history. Dunta gets burnt on the very first series and Sanders is exposed over and over. We have the weakest safeties in the league and our front 4 couldn't put pressure on a cantalope. But somehow David Carr is the fault of this blowout. Hmmm, all the haters are pretty transparent. After Car gets nailed twice in row he's accused of being "gunshy'? What? Whatever.

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Carr shot Kennedy!!

LOL

Carr rigged 2000 Election!

bigTEXan8
09-17-2006, 04:57 PM
LOL

Carr rigged 2000 Election!

carr has wmd's!!!

Second Honeymoon
David Carr Sucks.....and no amount of homering can change that simple fact.

doug

Hulk75
LOL, this JUST IN

ASTROS LOST!!!!

CARR'S FAULT!
:yahoo: Funny stuff.............:)

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 04:58 PM
carr has wmd's!!!

Carr planned 9-11!

Hulk75
09-17-2006, 04:58 PM

doug
No he doesn't.

bigTEXan8
09-17-2006, 05:00 PM
jeez...where was carr on coverage during that game. harrison and wayne lit him up like a stogie!!

Second Honeymoon
09-17-2006, 05:01 PM
If kept upright, Carr is a great quarterback.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That is the most ludicrous statement I have ever heard....that is quite possibly the most 'Homer'ed statement ever..congratulations on your self deluded myopia

doug

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Carr had no sacks and was nowhere in the Colts backfield either! That dude better start putting pressure on the opposing QB

Wait........

THIS JUST IN

Carr caused Chernobyl!

Second Honeymoon
09-17-2006, 05:02 PM
No he doesn't.

So says the homer with the Carr avatar....pathetic

BattleRedRaider
09-17-2006, 05:03 PM
So says the homer with the Carr avatar....pathetic

How about you try to make some kind of decent argument instead of focusing on a picture?

GP
09-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Let Aj go, too.

A pro-bowler who drops an easy pass right in his hands? Let's it hit his pads and bounce off, costing us a first down?

Tsk. Tsk. AJ really sucks.

This just in: David Carr threw zero interceptions, three TDs, and all to different receivers. And what is his passer rating after two games? Say what you will about wins and losses: He is making better decisions and taking less risks than he had with Capers at the wheel.

This just in: Texans hit a TD to a TE for the first time in 23 games. We'd still be Te-scoreless by now if Capers were head coaching us. Throwing TD passes to TEs (heck even just a PASS to a TE) is a really good sign that David is not locking onto AJ anymore. It means David is assessing the options and trusting others to do their job.

This just in: Our line did not go "stupid" when they had to switch around their position due to Spencer/Flanagan injuries. Last year, you could have chalked up about 4 more sacks after a similar switch-out. Those guys ARE taking pride in what they do, and they WANT to protect David Carr.

Still hating, after all these posts. Come on, Doug...threw us a curve ball every now and then so we won't hit it out of the park.

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 05:05 PM
THIS JUST IN!!!!

Brad Lidge is ACTUALLY DAVID CARR!

Second Honeymoon
09-17-2006, 05:06 PM
THIS JUST IN

Carr caused Chernobyl!

Translation: I won't admit that Carr has looked like crap so I will just sarcastically blame Carr for unrelated stuff in a lame attempt to distract people from the fact that I was wrong about Carr and that my blind devotion to Carr was misguided and erroneous.

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 05:07 PM
Translation: I won't admit that Carr has looked like crap so I will just sarcastically blame Carr for unrelated stuff in a lame attempt to distract people from the fact that I was wrong about Carr and that my blind devotion to Carr was misguided and erroneous.

This just in, 2nd Honeymoon is one of THOSE people lol!

Second Honeymoon
09-17-2006, 05:07 PM
How about you try to make some kind of decent argument instead of focusing on a picture?

So says the guy with the Stupor Mario avatar....looks like those image editing classes at the community college are finally paying off..

BattleRedRaider
09-17-2006, 05:09 PM
So says the guy with the Stupor Mario avatar....looks like those image editing classes at the community college are finally paying off

Hey, genius, I didn't make the avatar. I borrowed it from one of the many others who have it.

"Stupor Mario"?

Is that an attempt to show your lack of intelligence?

Wolf
09-17-2006, 05:09 PM
honeymoon who is your favorite player on the Texans?

Wolf
09-17-2006, 05:10 PM
nighthawk.. who is your favorite Texan player?

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 05:11 PM
Hehe, I love Carr haters lol!

They are special! Their bus is smaller and they get to wear helmets all day long!

GP
09-17-2006, 05:11 PM

Isn't it time to stop putting 100% of the team's blame upon one guy?

I mean, sriously: I guess you also feel that everything that's wrong with gas prices, terrorism, and other geo-political quagmires is solely the result of the President?

Got news for you, Doug: There are powers much larger at work than the President that are causing the world's problems. And there were powers much larger than David Carr causing woes to us fans (Hint: it rhymes with Rom Tapers and Barley Gasserly).

You have made a fortune here on this board, pinning everything on the QB of the team. Time to throw us a curveball, Doug. Give us something else to look at so you won't be known as a one-pitch wonder.

Anybody else on the team that juuuuuuust might need to be released, too? Name names, Deep Throat. We'll give you immunity from prosecution.

No? I thought so.

Just keep up the good work, Dougie. Throw that fastball down the middle every time for us.

texflex513
09-17-2006, 05:12 PM
THIS JUST IN!!!!

Brad Lidge is ACTUALLY DAVID CARR!

LOLx1000

Second Honeymoon
09-17-2006, 05:12 PM

Andre Johnson but DeMeco is gaining ground. How about that forced fumble at the goal line by DR...hopefully he can help give our defense a heart transplant over the course of his career..

texflex513
09-17-2006, 05:13 PM
Man it feels good to be a CARR :homer: :yahoo:

bigtex77
09-17-2006, 05:14 PM
So says the guy with the Stupor Mario avatar....looks like those image editing classes at the community college are finally paying off..

OK then, I am a Carr supporter as well, and he has looked much better than you are giving him credit for. Go ahead take your best shot at my avatar, jerk.

Second Honeymoon
09-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Isn't it time to stop putting 100% of the team's blame upon one guy?

I mean, sriously: I guess you also feel that everything that's wrong with gas prices, terrorism, and other geo-political quagmires is solely the result of the President?

Got news for you, Doug: There are powers much larger at work than the President that are causing the world's problems. And there were powers much larger than David Carr causing woes to us fans (Hint: it rhymes with Rom Tapers and Barley Gasserly).

Why am I not surprised an obvious Carr apologist is also a Bush apologist? You lose.

Doug

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 05:15 PM
Seriously, WHO ARE WE to be CHEERING ON our Starting QB! For SHAME!

FOR SHAME!!!!

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 05:15 PM
Why am I not surprised an obvious Carr apologist is also a Bush apologist? You lose.

Doug

We've already established that Carr has wmds and stole the 2000 election!

V Man
09-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Andre Johnson but DeMeco is gaining ground. How about that forced fumble at the goal line by DR...hopefully he can help give our defense a heart transplant over the course of his career..

I guess my eyes are playing tricks on me, but I saw Glen Earl strip the ball. But I will give DeMeco credit for standing him up so Earl could do the deed.

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 05:16 PM
I thought the O lineman hit him and made it come out

BattleRedRaider
09-17-2006, 05:17 PM

FOR SHAME!!!!

What? I can't cheer for our QB?! GAH!!!!

That's it! I'm not cheering for Tim Duncan anymore! It's because of him that the Spurs couldn't win last year!

GP
09-17-2006, 05:18 PM

Doug makes his message board living out of the strategy of HATE.

He hates Carr. He hates Mario. And he hates you. He hates me. He hates Carr homers. He just plainly "hates" for the hate of it.

It's actually a psychological disorder whereby a person such as Doug makes himself the judge, jury, and executioner of all that's within his grasp. And he loves to tell everyone how wrong "they" are and how "right" he is, even to the point of not caring about evidence that proves otherwise.

He'll never give an inch because he thinks you, or me, or anybody else for that matter, is not even remotely "worthy" of being given an inch. He's the father who bestows conditional love for his child as long his child excels...and withholds it if performance is not meeting his standard.

Hope is not in his vocabulary beacause it appears (to him) as a sign of stupidity and weakness. After all, all that you "get" is what you "earn," and if you are not succeeding...then, well...something's wrong with you.

Everything that Doug comments upon is based on what he allows to get through the filter of "Doug," and thus his opinion is obviously the correct one. And we are all just a squirrel living in his world trying to scrounge for a little nut or two if we are lucky.

Just keep throwing that fastball down the middle, Doug. We know it's coming every time.

GP
09-17-2006, 05:23 PM

Doug

Well, my theory about you will hold true, then.

You think that a singular person holds power over you and everything that is "wrong?" I wish we were as smart and wise as you, Doug. Help us learn your ways, Jedi Master.

Man, how do you live each day, Doug?

It must be a full time job handing down your judgments to all that you find guilty. How do work THAT job, Doug? Must be a tough one...:confused:

gg no re
09-17-2006, 05:23 PM
And we are all just a squirrel living in his world trying to scrounge for a little nut or two if we are lucky.Question, are we the squirrels living on the UH campus? Because that would lessen the need for nut searching greatly.

bigtex77
09-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Question, are we the squirrels living on the UH campus? Because that would lessen the need for nut searching greatly.

Not sure where you're going with this, not sure I want to know. LOL

cred
09-17-2006, 05:25 PM
probably one of the funniest threads ever!!!!!!:perfect10:

Hardcore Texan
09-17-2006, 05:26 PM
This team has to get better all the way around. David Carr is not the single problem. In fact he had a good game. There is too much mis-guided anger on this board. Some people could put that energy to something useful instead trying to encite more anger......that's what is pathetic.

BattleRedRaider
Not sure where you're going with this, not sure I want to know. LOL

There might some people out there with missing nuts?

Wolf

Doug

I don't support Bush because I think he is Eric Metcaf vol II

Peterson from Oklahoma is a better runner..can run over people and has speed.

bigtex77
This team has to get better all the way around. David Carr is not the single problem. There is too much mis-guided anger on this board. Some people could put that energy to something useful instead trying to encite more anger......that's what is pathetic.

That would be entirely too easy for some. :hides:

Wolf
09-17-2006, 05:29 PM
This team has to get better all the way around. David Carr is not the single problem. In fact he had a good game. There is too much mis-guided anger on this board. Some people could put that energy to something useful instead trying to encite more anger......that's what is pathetic.

anger is coming because the defense is getting blown out.. who would have thought after 2 games that we have pretty much given up 1000 yards to the opposition and gave up 67 points in 2 games after we drafted defense

Wolf
09-17-2006, 05:30 PM
typo... Eric Metcalf not metcaf

The Pencil Neck
09-17-2006, 05:33 PM

FOR SHAME!!!!

SOMEONE NEEDS TO THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!

Mr. White
09-17-2006, 05:33 PM
Did you guys see Carr getting burned by Reggie Wayne for that touchdown?

How about those blocks that he missed that caused all those sacks?

TheCD
09-17-2006, 05:36 PM
You know what...you guys are right. Carr's the cause of ALL of our problems on offense.

FROM THIS DAY FORTH I SAY THAT IN ORDER TO WIN GAMES WE MUST NO LONGER LET CARR TOUCH THE BALL...THE BALL IS TO NOW BE SNAPPED DIRECTLY TO THE RUNNING BACK...THUS ENSURING A WIN.

Don't be so naive. Even if we had another QB we'd still be having these problems. Whether you like Carr or not, it's obvious that things just can't get done on offense due to the line. If you can't tell that, then why are you trying to embark onto us your "great" football wisdom? :ok:

Second Honeymoon
09-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Well, my theory about you will hold true, then.

You think that a singular person holds power over you and everything that is "wrong?" I wish we were as smart and wise as you, Doug. Help us learn your ways, Jedi Master.

Man, how do you live each day, Doug?

It must be a full time job handing down your judgments to all that you find guilty. How do work THAT job, Doug? Must be a tough one...:confused:

blah blah big word blah blah blah Star Wars reference blah blah blatant Carr homering....
bottom line is we are 0-2 and circling the drain yet again with Carr as the QB

but in your self deluded state I am sure that you think its everyone elses fault and couldnt be David's fault. Oh no, not David. He is beyond reproach. whatever....

I myself have been thoroughly disappointed by the product on the field this year, but I guess in your warped mind everything is fine and its time to drink more of the BR Kool-Aid....if its broke, you fix it....period..end of story

bigtex77
09-17-2006, 05:41 PM
blah blah big word blah blah blah Star Wars reference blah blah blatant Carr homering....

but in your self deluded state I am sure that you think its everyone elses fault and couldnt be David's fault. Oh no, not David. He is beyond reproach. whatever....

I myself have been thoroughly disappointed by the product on the field this year, but I guess in your warped mind everything is fine and its time to drink more of the BR Kool-Aid....if its broke, you fix it....period..end of story

We'd love to fix it, does that mean you'll leave?

GP
09-17-2006, 05:46 PM

Doug: I just hit another one of your fastballs out of the stadium. The coach is on the dugout phone, and he looks angry.

You are proving my point: You really do think you're the wisest of all wise men and that we're just mere mortals in your presence.

This loss was not the fault of David Carr. The Houston TEXANS lost the game. Bad defensive gameplanning (again!), dropped balls, missed assignments, missed blocks, fumbles (YES! By David Carr, are you haaaaapppy?), and a very good Colts team all contributed to the loss.

YOU are the one assigning blame to a singular person. Figure that one out for me, and get back to me how it's one guy's fault...facing a team that makes pretty much everybody look stupid.

Napa Auto Parts
09-17-2006, 06:06 PM

Amen.

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 06:09 PM
LOL, think of the Children lol! SOMEONE!

This just IN:

David Carr is actually Phil Garner!

Hervoyel
09-17-2006, 06:22 PM
First ten minutes. He gets nailed on the first play from scrimmage by Mathis. He got jittery for one drive, then calmed down the next and took us down the field, where Lundy promtly fumbled it. Get over the fact that Carr had a decent game. In fact, two decent games in a row.

There's more to playing the position that stats. Nobody in their right mind would call today a decent game from anyone on offense, least of all David Carr.

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 06:23 PM
riiiiiiiiiiight!

dantem
09-17-2006, 06:24 PM
I think the Title was correct,

Carr is playing better than any individual on this team.. I can't imagine why someone would blame him for the high school level performance of the rest of the team today. He got sacked several times, Not one of his sacks today was his fault. He made 3 mistakes that I saw today... count the other players mistakes... even Robbinson. Nobody screams "Get rid of Robbinson, he can't play". I think the title was accurate though, The best thing that could happen to David Carr is to go somewhere that for the first time in his carreer he gets more than 1.2 seconds to find a receiver. I am convinced if he was playing with better players on the O-Line he would do well in the league.

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 06:29 PM
my friends in other cities think Texans fan blaming Carr are crazy lol!

Cgold
09-17-2006, 06:32 PM
yeah my best friends are falcons, vikings, saints, and bills fans and all of them think houston is nutz.. With exception of the falcons, all the other 3 would take carr on their team over their qb in a second

Cgold
09-17-2006, 06:39 PM
ha.. what has the rbs done for us.. what has the ol done for us.. where are the bench the rest of the team threads.. tell me who on this team is doing their jobs any better than carr is doing his.. and dont say the wrs. cuz they are NOT getting open.. thats why we dump off the ball, and id rather he do that, get a completion, keep the drive going and get positive yards, than the int. wed get throwing into double coverage, and the negative yards we get when we try to run

Wolf
09-17-2006, 06:40 PM
I don't get why the WR's aren't open...Moulds should be able to get open...AJ should be able to get open..

but not

TexanFanInCC
09-17-2006, 06:40 PM
i think we all need to just stop blaming carr. indy put 40+ on us. he wasnt on the field long enough to have a performance worth criticizing. blame the defense for the loss. they dropped 515 yds on us and were blaming carr?!

pass rush sucked....again.

manning is a great QB who did what he does best.

the colts are 600 billion times more fine tuned than the texans in every aspect of the game.

...were not there yet guys, but we will be. this team has a new system, young players, and new players. it will take some time before u see the guys develop a chemistry the way the colts have.

carter08
09-17-2006, 06:43 PM
If you release Carr, who plays QB?

I don't put faith in Rosenfels ability

edo783
09-17-2006, 06:47 PM
Doug: I just hit another one of your fastballs out of the stadium. The coach is on the dugout phone, and he looks angry.

You are proving my point: You really do think you're the wisest of all wise men and that we're just mere mortals in your presence.

This loss was not the fault of David Carr. The Houston TEXANS lost the game. Bad defensive gameplanning (again!), dropped balls, missed assignments, missed blocks, fumbles (YES! By David Carr, are you haaaaapppy?), and a very good Colts team all contributed to the loss.

YOU are the one assigning blame to a singular person. Figure that one out for me, and get back to me how it's one guy's fault...facing a team that makes pretty much everybody look stupid.

Come on GP, you KNOW that moonboy Dougie is just some pimple faced15 year old who's stones haven't dropped yet and thinks he is cool by taking some absurd position and then having people fire off a bunch of posts because of that position. He is going "Snark, snark, snark, boy am I getting to them today, snark snark". He's on other boards as Darlene, a 13 year old girl exploring her budding sexuality. Seems real confused about a lot of things. Like reality.

Second Honeymoon
09-17-2006, 08:32 PM
There's more to playing the position that stats. Nobody in their right mind would call today a decent game from anyone on offense, least of all David Carr.

Don't bother dude. These homers probably dont even watch the game and just spout the party line that its everyone's fault but Carr's. The sad thing is that some of these losers actually think Carr had a good game. They honestly believe it in their hearts. I would feel better about them if it was all an act, but the fact is it's not an act. They are so clueless they actually think David has had not zero, not one, but TWO GOOD GAMES....idiots

doug

DominickDavisFan76
09-17-2006, 08:35 PM
I actually thought he put up decent numbers, and he didnt have an interception and he only had 4 incomplete passes, so u cant say he did bad....he just didnt get us the win...but there is no "I" in team, so he couldnt have done it by himself, our running game was terrible!

Second Honeymoon
09-17-2006, 08:35 PM
I think the Title was correct,

Carr is playing better than any individual on this team.. I can't imagine why someone would blame him for the high school level performance of the rest of the team today. He got sacked several times, Not one of his sacks today was his fault. He made 3 mistakes that I saw today... count the other players mistakes... even Robbinson. Nobody screams "Get rid of Robbinson, he can't play". I think the title was accurate though, The best thing that could happen to David Carr is to go somewhere that for the first time in his carreer he gets more than 1.2 seconds to find a receiver. I am convinced if he was playing with better players on the O-Line he would do well in the league.

omfg, you have got to be kidding me. the dude played like a highschool quarterback for the 5th year in a row. This is 5years dude, how can you even say that Carr played good today. He made mistake after mistake and all his stats were in garbage time...and if you think all the sacks were the OLs fault or that he only made 3 mistakes, you must have just gotten an involuntary lobotomy lately....

geez, the utter stupidity of some of these homers...

doug from the woodlands

Wolf
09-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Don't bother dude. These homers probably dont even watch the game and just spout the party line that its everyone's fault but Carr's. The sad thing is that some of these losers actually think Carr had a good game. They honestly believe it in their hearts. I would feel better about them if it was all an act, but the fact is it's not an act. They are so clueless they actually think David has had not zero, not one, but TWO GOOD GAMES....idiots

doug

thing is if you would give facts with your opionion.. more respect would be given to your posts..

now if you want to post a fact that the Texans are 0-2... well there are 22 other starters and a head coach to share that with.

TEXANS84
09-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Sure, he made mistakes off the bat...but you must have been watching a different game that we were. I thought Carr actually had a pretty decent game today despite Peyton overshadowing the whole thing.

Second Honeymoon
09-17-2006, 08:40 PM
i think we all need to just stop blaming carr. indy put 40+ on us. he wasnt on the field long enough to have a performance worth criticizing. blame the defense for the loss. they dropped 515 yds on us and were blaming carr?!

pass rush sucked....again.

manning is a great QB who did what he does best.

the colts are 600 billion times more fine tuned than the texans in every aspect of the game.

...were not there yet guys, but we will be. this team has a new system, young players, and new players. it will take some time before u see the guys develop a chemistry the way the colts have.

I agree with aspects of this post but Carr stunk up the joint today when it counted. He didnt show a pulse until they were down 30+....you cant change that fact no matter how many meaningless stats the homers spout out of their stupid pieholes...

Wolf
09-17-2006, 08:43 PM
omfg, you have got to be kidding me. the dude played like a highschool quarterback for the 5th year in a row. This is 5years dude, how can you even say that Carr played good today. He made mistake after mistake and all his stats were in garbage time...and if you think all the sacks were the OLs fault or that he only made 3 mistakes, you must have just gotten an involuntary lobotomy lately....

geez, the utter stupidity of some of these homers...

doug from the woodlands

what do you want out of the QB postion? how can Carr play any better that would suit your taste?

I can't tell if you are serious or not..or a person that just likes to ruffle feathers and get a kick out of the responses..

texflex513
09-17-2006, 08:46 PM
I agree with aspects of this post but Carr stunk up the joint today when it counted. He didnt show a pulse until they were down 30+....you cant change that fact no matter how many meaningless stats the homers spout out of their stupid pieholes...

Second DIVORCE are you having fun taking on every single person who has something good to say or who is not bashing Carr... You are showing alot of fiestiness lol!!! calmed down yet????

chuckm
09-17-2006, 08:47 PM
The defense gave up 43 points and was treated like Peyton's b*tch all day yet the lion's share of the post game calls was CARR SUCKS .... hmmmmm me thinks he doth protest too much

Second Honeymoon
09-17-2006, 08:52 PM
The defense gave up 43 points and was treated like Peyton's b*tch all day yet the lion's share of the post game calls was CARR SUCKS .... hmmmmm me thinks he doth protest too much

the defense has been almost as consistently bad as the QB play over the past few years. That I cannot and will not argue. It seems when they moved Glenn to Dallas that we just cant cover anyone....I have never said that its all Carr's fault....I just dont believe he will ever be any good...and if you think he is good already, you really should get out more...

That being said, Carr didnt show a pulse till the game was wayyyy out of hand...kinda like hitting a home run when your team is down 12 points in the 9th inning...it just shows how bad he is and how much of a ruined project he is

chuckm
09-17-2006, 08:53 PM
the defense has been almost as consistently bad as the QB play over the past few years. That I cannot and will not argue. It seems when they moved Glenn to Dallas that we just cant cover anyone....I have never said that its all Carr's fault....I just dont believe he will ever be any good...and if you think he is good already, you really should get out more...

That being said, Carr didnt show a pulse till the game was wayyyy out of hand...kinda like hitting a home run when your team is down 12 points in the 9th inning...it just shows how bad he is and how much of a ruined project he is

Why do I need to get out more? I can just read any of your last 157 posts ....

Second Honeymoon
09-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Second DIVORCE are you having fun taking on every single person who has something good to say or who is not bashing Carr... You are showing alot of fiestiness lol!!! calmed down yet????

I will calm down when we actually get a legit NFL starter for the Texans....so expect more feistiness in the near future because Kubes is married to Carr....for the time being at least

oooh really witty with Second Divorce....I guess that level of humor must get huge laughs with the co-workers at Burger King..

Wolf
09-17-2006, 08:57 PM

12 points or 12 runs?

see I can find fault in everyone.

problem is that Carr isn't the weakest link on this team but some reason everyone else is excused.

gg no re
09-17-2006, 08:57 PM
I will calm down when we actually get... huge laughs with the co-workers at Burger King..I can arrange for that, you know.

Texans86
09-17-2006, 08:58 PM

In the first half when we were only down 14-0, we were driving down the field and Wali put the ball on the ground. That was the turning point in the game. If we had gotten a touchdown there, things would have been a lot closer. Also, if our D had held up before going in at halftime, we wouldn't have been as far down.

TexansLucky13
09-17-2006, 08:59 PM
12 points or 12 runs?

see I can find fault in everyone.

problem is that Carr isn't the weakest link on this team but some reason everyone else is excused.

Agreed. We just have to deal with it, Wolf. It's tough.

bigtex77
09-17-2006, 09:08 PM
I will calm down when we actually get a legit NFL starter for the Texans....so expect more feistiness in the near future because Kubes is married to Carr....for the time being at least.

You seem to be grasping the concept, now comes the "dealing with it" part.

Brent in Old River

wicked_wayz
09-17-2006, 09:11 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That is the most ludicrous statement I have ever heard....that is quite possibly the most 'Homer'ed statement ever..congratulations on your self deluded myopia

doug

admit it carr had a great game

Koolaid Time
09-17-2006, 09:15 PM
9 in 2 games so far puts him at a rate of 72 for the year....

If he survives the season...

Something tells me Rosenfeld will be playing the second quarter next week

The Pencil Neck
09-17-2006, 09:16 PM
THIS JUST IN: Carr fumbles a snap! I dont think it was the offense fault this time!Dont you learn that in fundamentals of quarterbacks? You don't fumble a snap!

You should tell that to all the other quarterbacks in the league that have fumbled snaps in pro games. And that's MOST other quarterbacks.

Sure, you shouldn't fumble the snap but it's happened to everyone. It happens to old pros and it happens to rookies.

bigtex77
09-17-2006, 09:18 PM
THIS JUST IN: Carr fumbles a snap! I dont think it was the offense fault this time!Dont you learn that in fundamentals of quarterbacks? You don't fumble a snap!

Yeah, it never ever happens in the NFL, to any QB, except for Carr.

ghostlight
09-17-2006, 09:20 PM
The old Oiler fans have been through this before and it doesn't get any easier. I haven't lived in Houston since the 70's however I've continued to go to Houston for all of my sports games whenever I can. I love Houston and have a strong bond with the teams there. The fans I have always sat by are very proud and would rather watch the Texans lose than to watch the Cowboys win if given a choice. This board is a testement to the fact that the love of Houston sports is a way of life for some and a great emotional outlet for others.

I loved it when we built the best OL in NFL for Earl and I hope we go high in first round for the best ol even if we have to trade up.

Blake
09-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Carr first 75% of the game = Horrible.

Carr last 25% after the game has already been decided = Gammer.

infantrycak
09-17-2006, 09:59 PM

This just in--the C said it was his fault.

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 10:28 PM
So when Carr goes 10-20 and 2 ints will the idiots who say he sucks now be all proud? Is that a good game to them?

What part of 22-26 (and two dropped passes) for 3 Tds is bad? "He got them in the 2nd half", and??? What, was Carr supposed to do stop playing or something after halftime?

Jesus you Carr haters are freaking retarded! No matter what that guy does, you want to dog him. He can go 20-20 and you would be crying to get rid of him! Im sure Dallas, Washington, and Detroit would love to have him!

You people really make Houston fans look retarded! Im embarassed to even be lumped in with you people.

Hulk75
09-17-2006, 10:32 PM
So when Carr goes 10-20 and 2 ints will the idiots who say he sucks now be all proud? Is that a good game to them?

What part of 22-26 (and two dropped passes) for 3 Tds is bad? "He got them in the 2nd half", and??? What, was Carr supposed to do stop playing or something after halftime?

Jesus you Carr haters are freaking retarded! No matter what that guy does, you want to dog him. He can go 20-20 and you would be crying to get rid of him! Im sure Dallas, Washington, and Detroit would love to have him!

You people really make Houston fans look retarded! Im embarassed to even be lumped in with you people.
Dallas has already said in there papers last year, one of the writers said about David Carr if Houston does not want him he is more then welcome here.

hollywood_texan
09-17-2006, 11:22 PM
Dallas has already said in there papers last year, one of the writers said about David Carr if Houston does not want him he is more then welcome here.

For David's sake, that may be the best thing for his career if he wants to salvage it.

The Texans squad is very thin on talent (both sides of the ball) and I don't see them winning games of any importance anytime soon, much less putting up an offensive show.

texan_fan_8
09-17-2006, 11:34 PM
This defense was the worst I've ever seen in our history. Dunta gets burnt on the very first series and Sanders is exposed over and over. We have the weakest safeties in the league and our front 4 couldn't put pressure on a cantalope. But somehow David Carr is the fault of this blowout. Hmmm, all the haters are pretty transparent. After Car gets nailed twice in row he's accused of being "gunshy'? What? Whatever.

That's because they gave up after the first 2 plays of the game. I know you all kid about it all being Carr's fault but the QB sets the tone and with the devoid of player leadership, this QB in particular needs to set a tone.

Fired up defenses tend to make alot less mistakes. I personally think the wheels started to come off the entire team with that first snap, first sack play.

Negativism and defeatism is a cancer.

texan_fan_8
09-17-2006, 11:55 PM
Carr first 75% of the game = Horrible.

Carr last 25% after the game has already been decided = Gammer.

don't forget the 25% was against the second stringers.

michaelm
09-18-2006, 01:06 AM

doug

*disapprove

get over yourself, you're like a broken ****ing record ~michaelm
That's so you'll know that it wasn't someone else using my name to drop a negative rep on you.

:logo:

Texans86
09-18-2006, 02:30 AM
That's because they gave up after the first 2 plays of the game. I know you all kid about it all being Carr's fault but the QB sets the tone and with the devoid of player leadership, this QB in particular needs to set a tone.

Fired up defenses tend to make alot less mistakes. I personally think the wheels started to come off the entire team with that first snap, first sack play.

Negativism and defeatism is a cancer.

Let me see if I'm getting you right here. You think it is Carr's fault that our defense was bad? Wow, that's one I hadn't heard before.

I guess I can appreciate some creativity every once in a while.

Nighthawk
09-18-2006, 02:44 AM

Hey Hardcore, and all you other homers out there--

I did not say Carr was the only problem. I said Carr was gunshy and not a leader. I don't care WHY he's gunshy, only THAT he's gunshy. If you're on this team and you know Carr is going nowhere and the offense is going to piddle it out until there is no resistance (Carr had a good game? Jeez, yoiu got a different idea of a good game--guy cleans up his stats when we're so far behind it might as well be a practice game, and you call it "a good game?"), well, you'd fold, too.

Besides, this D can't really play the Colts to start with -- outcoached, outplayed.

I've been say we should get rid of Carr for AT LEAST two years. You can look at the way the guy plays and SEE that he's nobody's hero. He's kind of a wuss. If it walks like a wuss, and talks like a wuss, well, you make the call.

Yeah yeah, been hit a lot. You see him jump away from center causing the fumble in the first? Tell he wasn't a little on edge there?

The point is, we have to start over and Carr is in the way. Has been in the way for a couple of years now, after it was clear he wasn't going to live up to his draft billing in Houston. Who knows, maybe he'll BECOME a hero for somebody, some other team, different coaches, different players. Maybe he could be good, but he'll NEVER BE GOOD HERE.

Get over it. Move on. Etc.

And here's a big P.S. Nobody's angry. The people who want to move Carr out are just tired of losing, tired of having no offensive spark, tired of no leadership, tired of losing, like everybody else. Like you. It's just that we're willing to bet that you take Carr out from under center and you'll light a fire under this team.

Texans86
09-18-2006, 03:40 AM

I did not say Carr was the only problem. I said Carr was gunshy and not a leader. I don't care WHY he's gunshy, only THAT he's gunshy. If you're on this team and you know Carr is going nowhere and the offense is going to piddle it out until there is no resistance (Carr had a good game? Jeez, yoiu got a different idea of a good game--guy cleans up his stats when we're so far behind it might as well be a practice game, and you call it "a good game?"), well, you'd fold, too.

Besides, this D can't really play the Colts to start with -- outcoached, outplayed.

I've been say we should get rid of Carr for AT LEAST two years. You can look at the way the guy plays and SEE that he's nobody's hero. He's kind of a wuss. If it walks like a wuss, and talks like a wuss, well, you make the call.

Yeah yeah, been hit a lot. You see him jump away from center causing the fumble in the first? Tell he wasn't a little on edge there?

The point is, we have to start over and Carr is in the way. Has been in the way for a couple of years now, after it was clear he wasn't going to live up to his draft billing in Houston. Who knows, maybe he'll BECOME a hero for somebody, some other team, different coaches, different players. Maybe he could be good, but he'll NEVER BE GOOD HERE.

And here's a big P.S. Nobody's angry. The people who want to move Carr out are just tired of losing, tired of having no offensive spark, tired of no leadership, tired of losing, like everybody else. Like you. It's just that we're willing to bet that you take Carr out from under center and you'll light a fire under this team.

You're wanting to bench the only player that has shown any resemblance of life. I've said a couple times that this game got out of hand when Wali fumbled early in the game. We were driving down the field, and had a decent shot at cutting the lead in half early in the game.

You want to bench him? Fine, but you might as well bench D.Ryans and D.Rob for not leading our defense very well. Bench the entire OLine for sucking it up. Just bench the entire team for not living up to potential. We got outplayed by a better team two weeks in a row. Early mistakes made by people not named D.Carr did not help our team out.

While many people blame him for not getting on a roll early, he wasn't helped either. That fumble you say he lost in the first looked more like miscommunication between center and quarterback in an extremely loud environment than D.Carr dropping a ball. In fact, he wasn't looking for the ball yet, as he didn't even try to close his hands around it, causing the awkward bounce back towards the line. No one really knows who's fault that really is.

D.Carr is playing his heart out, and people want to bench him for it. Opinions are one thing, but this looks like blind hatred. I truly believe if Wali hadn't dropped the ball on the ground early, this game would have been a whole lot close than it was. Of course we'll never know about this game, but we will find out more when the Colts visit us next time.

Hardcore Texan
09-18-2006, 02:56 PM

You don't think I'm angry. I am angry as hell, everytime we lose it ticks me off for a long time, I can't stand it. And ripping another poster apart because I am angry is not my cup of tea. But I was talking about misguided anger. You think Carr is the main problem and I don't. No biggie, we both want to see them win and both have our own opinions about how Kubiak and the Team can do that. Plenty of room for discussion, pointing out intriguing facts, and good ole fashion debate.

What I was referring to was people coming on this board and relentlessly bombarding posters over and over and over and over again with the same general negative blanket statements. And we people disagree with posters like that, they just respond by saying "your stupid" or "you suck" and the forum doesn't remain a place of discussion or debate but becomes an outlet for anger directed at anyone who dares to disagree. It just gets old.....that's all I was saying.

Hey, I am open to other's opinions and that's why I am here to discuss Texans' football not to participate in the relentless constant bashing of the same players redundantly whether I like them or not. But just so you know...I like every player on Our Teams because they put on the Deep Steel Blue every Sunday!

:texflag:

HJam72
09-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Carr steps up to the line. He's gonna set the tone here. He will be a leader. Everybody's watching him, key on him. He takes the snap, takes two steps back eyeing the field,

WHAM!!!

I really think Carr needs to show these guys how to block in between taking the snap and getting piled onto. I mean where's the leadership? No good QB would keep getting up and taking that. They'd at least be smart enough to get carried off the field. Sheesh, what's wrong with him. Then, he has a good drive and he lets Lundy fumble! How could Carr do that? He lets Peyton knife up the defense all day. Why wasn't he on the field showing Mario how to get to Peyton? Worst of all, he hasn't shown Kubiak or Sherman how to coach yet. Oh my.

cuppacoffee
09-18-2006, 05:09 PM

"Besides, this D can't really play the Colts to start with -- outcoached, outplayed."

Wow that makes sense....Carr plays defense now, and he coaches too.

"If it walks like a wuss" ..How does a wuss walk, and how is that pertinent to being an NFL qb?

"after it was clear he wasn't going to live up to his draft billing in Houston"

Clear to whom...nighthawk?

"It's just that we're willing to bet" who is we? and bet what?

:hmmm:... Kubiak says Carr can do it....Nighthawk says Carr cannot.

Kubiak has played the qb position, and has coached in the nfl for several years now.

Nighthawk is a MB poster...:stirpot:

Dahhamn... I don't know what to believe.:rolleyes:

:coffee:

QB75
09-18-2006, 05:11 PM

Don't blame Carr if the line resembles swiss cheese.

hollywood_texan
09-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Don't blame Carr if the line resembles swiss cheese.

The line has problems because the offense is only playing of few plays and defenses know that.

I feel pretty confident that Kubiak has not even come close to installing the entire offense. If he has most of the offense installed, that naked bootleg on the first offensive play against Indy was really stupid.

If you are playing from a limited playbook in the NFL and a defensive coordinator has enough game tape on all those plays, you are going to have problems running the football or protecting the QB regardless of the line. Which is the problem.

Which, I don't is a coincidence, is the same problem Capers had. Very limited and predictable play calling.

The real question is why, given Kubiak's credentials, the offensive playbook so limited? That is the question...

amazingandre
09-18-2006, 05:28 PM
Carr is 40-53 with o int how are people even beginnning to think that we need a new qb. get over that fact you people dont like him there is no way kubs will trde or even get a new qb going 40-53 in 2 games. the problem like it or not is that we still have horrible play calling. 2 giant receivers and yet most of the passes are less than 10 yds. if i recall right the year we went 7-9 a j had a twenty sumthin yard avg with rec. bottom line GO DEEP use the 2 beasts we have and let them go up for the ball and make a play. as for defense our safeies yes both suck horribly. we need to find a way to get better. both games they were never even close to the ball. none of the cb. is things dont change we will be the worst in the nfl yet again this year.......

hollywood_texan
09-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Carr is 40-53 with o int how are people even beginnning to think that we need a new qb. get over that fact you people dont like him there is no way kubs will trde or even get a new qb going 40-53 in 2 games. the problem like it or not is that we still have horrible play calling. 2 giant receivers and yet most of the passes are less than 10 yds. if i recall right the year we went 7-9 a j had a twenty sumthin yard avg with rec. bottom line GO DEEP use the 2 beasts we have and let them go up for the ball and make a play. as for defense our safeies yes both suck horribly. we need to find a way to get better. both games they were never even close to the ball. none of the cb. is things dont change we will be the worst in the nfl yet again this year.......

I think you maybe missing my point.

Look at all the changes made and you could argue this team is worse than last year's squad. We'll know more about that over the two weeks.

But, let's say Carr has played great. How has that translated into victories? How long will it take for it to translate into victories.

Carr is into his 5th year and it looks like this will take a minimum of two years before we can even think about a winning season.

It is very realistic to think that Carr could get through his 3 year extension and the Texans barely have a winning season.

It's getting to a point in Carr's career that he needs to start doing something, meanwhile the Texans could use some value to build this team.

It could be a good opportunity for both.

That is my point.

AJ could split easily considering everything, and who could blame him. Franchising a player is not an option, particularly a team that can't even put together a winning season. Which is more reason to get value from this current squad while they still can.

Goldeagle
09-18-2006, 05:47 PM
22-26 with 3 dropped passes.

Not bad for a guy in the NFL

hollywood_texan
09-18-2006, 05:52 PM
22-26 with 3 dropped passes.

Not bad for a guy in the NFL

Yeah, and our offense still blows.

Goldeagle
09-18-2006, 06:32 PM

Hopefully with Gado and Dayne, things can open up! Carr is doing what he has to do, but if you play one dimensional, forget it!

bigTEXan8
09-18-2006, 06:58 PM
I will calm down when we actually get a legit NFL starter for the Texans

so now we have to wait for 22 new starters...because essantially, after the way the texans played yesterday, thats what you are asking for. look, in carr's first...i believe four drop backs, he was sacked twice, fumbling once. peyton was peyton; frickin man among boys. our two best runners were people that just arrived with the team after pre-season. i'd like to see the texans run a no-huddle every once in a while, especially with moulds, aj, apparently owen daniels...something to spice up the team. you need to calm down honey...everyone's pissed, learn to deal.

Texans86
09-18-2006, 09:16 PM

Our offense fought late in the game when they didn't have to. That alone makes me want to watch this team for fourteen more games. Heart is what we have been missing for so long, and I began to hear traces of it this weekend. Time people, time.

Second Honeymoon
09-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Did anyone say 'Carr Sucks' yet? If not, please allow me...

Carr Sucks

Doug ftw

Second Honeymoon
09-18-2006, 11:39 PM
Our offense fought late in the game when they didn't have to. That alone makes me want to watch this team for fourteen more games. Heart is what we have been missing for so long, and I began to hear traces of it this weekend. Time people, time.

I give a lot of credit to everyone including Carr for keeping their head in the game after losing the game in the 1st quarter. Looks like people could be buying into what the coach is doing...hopefully

Doug

p.s. Anyone seen Dunta lately? Did he retire or something? Just wondering.

Hulk75
09-18-2006, 11:43 PM
I give a lot of credit to everyone including Carr for keeping their head in the game after losing the game in the 1st quarter. Looks like people could be buying into what the coach is doing...hopefully

Doug

p.s. Anyone seen Dunta lately? Did he retire or something? Just wondering.
Whats your name and were are you from again?