PDA

View Full Version : Grow up

GP
09-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Is it fun to lose? No.

Is it fun to lose this badly? Heck no.

Did the NFL schedule us, for our FIRST TWO GAMES, against perhaps the Super Bowl teams for this year? Yep.

So get a grip, and enough with all the "We suck" threads. It's pretty sad that you cannot take this loss into proper context. What, did you honestly take into consideration the "Any given Sunday" philosophy? Pfffft. Whatever. We had lost this game before it got started, so it's your own fault for having unreal expectations. All I wanted to see was to see a team NOT give up. Good job to our boys for not laying down on the field and feeling sorry for themselves.

I liked that we did not sit down and cry on the field. I liked that we came back and carried out the rest of the game like real men should. Even though it was garbage time when we made some good plays, at least we ended the game on a positivenote with a sack (Babin) and a good march down the field for a score to AJ.

We'll be 2-2 by the byw week. Have you seen the Dolphins? A lot worse than us. Have you seen the Redskins? A lot worse than us. That's two wins to get us back to .500 and an entire two weeks to gameplan for the Cowgirls.

Want to gripe to someone? Call up the Comissioner's office and ask why a 2-14 team has to play the Eagles and Colts for their first two games of the year.

It was a given, IMO, that we stood pretty close to no chance against our first two opponents.

Divebomb
09-17-2006, 04:21 PM
You grow up, stop making excuses. This is the NFL, these guys are pro's! We should be pissed off! Stop making excuses!

jaayteetx
09-17-2006, 04:27 PM
I agree whole heartily. Everybody needs to get a grip. This team will turn it around! Tough, tough schedule to start the year. Sure would have been nice to start the year off against lets say, the Raiders, Titans and Browns. That didn't happen, however. This very well could help us out in the long run.

GP
09-17-2006, 04:28 PM
No excuses. But you're acting like a child. Seriously, you remind me of Larry Stephenson...a pal of mine in junior high. He'd get all angry like you: He'd pout and not talk to anybody for a week if his "team" lost or a player he liked didn't do well. Heck, he'd even miss school because he didn't want to face any cat calls from other guys. He'd get red-faced, throw things, spit at you, and cuss you if you didn't agree with him.

Grow up.

It's enough, bro. It's enough.

When you start 12 threads that scream "We suck," nobody takes you seriously. Being anonymous on your computer at home doesn't give you the freedom to act like you're Larry Stephenson. Act your age.

We'll be 2-2 by the bye week. Bank on it.

You think those guys liked it? They're more pee'od than YOU are. And they will take it out on the next two teams who have had POWDER PUFF opponents the past two games. Powder puff vs. the two Super Bowl teams we just played.

TexansTailg8r
09-17-2006, 04:28 PM
Is it fun to lose? No.

Did the NFL schedule us, for our FIRST TWO GAMES, against perhaps the Super Bowl teams for this year? Yep.

So get a grip, and enough with all the "We suck" threads. It's pretty sad that you cannot take this loss into proper context. What, did you honestly take into consideration the "Any given Sunday" philosophy? Pfffft. Whatever. We had lost this game before it got started, so it's your own fault for having unreal expectations. All I wanted to see was to see a team NOT give up. Good job to our boys for not laying down on the field and feeling sorry for themselves.

I liked that we did not sit down and cry on the field. I liked that we came back and carried out the rest of the game like real men should. Even though it was garbage time when we made some good plays, at least we ended the game on a positivenote with a sack (Babin) and a good march down the field for a score to AJ.

We'll be 2-2 by the byw week. Have you seen the Dolphins? A lot worse than us. Have you seen the Redskins? A lot worse than us. That's two wins to get us back to .500 and an entire two weeks to gameplan for the Cowgirls.

Want to gripe to someone? Call up the Comissioner's office and ask why a 2-14 team has to play the Eagles and Colts for their first two games of the year.

It was a given, IMO, that we stood pretty close to no chance against our first two opponents.

well said

BigDTexansFan
09-17-2006, 04:30 PM
You grow up, stop making excuses. This is the NFL, these guys are pro's! We should be pissed off! Stop making excuses!

You being new to this scene, will take a moment and explain This team was 2-14 and we accept and RESPECT honest ciritcism and thoughtful opinions...neener neener (you grow up) Told you so (stop making excuses) is NOT PRODUCTIVE, nor entertaining

TexanExile
09-17-2006, 04:33 PM
Thank you, gp. Rep to you! I was coming close to using my ignore list for only the second time ever...and adding about 4 people at once, even...until I saw someone taking a breath and thinking before posting.

Holy smokes, y'all. Chill. Bring facts, not hyperventilation.

Marcus
Is it fun to lose? No.

That's pretty funny considering that it was YOU that got all unglued last week, and I was the one telling YOU to calm down. lol:

gjmac2
I think this early tough schedule will help us in the long run.

Why? Because the coaching staff is finding out who can play, and who wants to play in this league. They are going to find out who has the heart, talent and desire to play, and who does not.

Also, I agree with the assessment of us not laying down. Good that we showed some spunk. I really think the Texans are going to be just fine, we just need to give them some time.

Texans Pride
09-17-2006, 04:36 PM
gpshafer is correct. There are people on this board that are having temper tantrums like my Emotional/Behavioral Elementary students. I think for the most part, we are all adults, but it doesn't seem like that at all.

valleytexfan
09-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Is it fun to lose? No.

Thank you. Everyone is totally losing it like the season is over. No one in their right mind thought the Texans would be 2-0 right now so lighten up. Sure, we'd like them to look better, but there were at least some positives here and there in the first two games...they will get better. You can't be 2-14 and then run the table.

Divebomb
09-17-2006, 04:38 PM
I admit I am new here but do you people really accept the performance we had to stomach today! Are you people content with that garbage we had to observe for 3 quarters? Damn I can't believe that people honestly feel that this was an acceptable game!!!! We might as well throw in the towel and call it a year. I want to see progress; I want to see a QB throw down field in the first quarter! I am sick of this one yard pass bull crap!

FirstTexansFan
09-17-2006, 04:40 PM
That's pretty funny considering that it was YOU that got all unglued last week, and I was the one telling YOU to calm down. lol:

Hey everyone needs a mentor! Both you guys are two of my favorite posters, so keep up the good work keeping him inline <grin>

bigTEXan8
09-17-2006, 04:41 PM
I don't think the season is over...i like the fact that kubiak and crew is figuring out who's going to play the season and who's going to be coming off the bench. still got 14 games this year people...let's all take some prozac and chill.

Texas_Thrill
09-17-2006, 04:43 PM
I think GP was well spoken. Please don't forget our QB is learning a NEW SYSTEM. I'm willing to give Carr 20 games or Kubes pulling whichever comes first.

Its TWO games. Nobody expected us to go to the Super Bowl this year. We are looking like a better team. A team that's growing.

We have a VERY young Defense. More rookies starting that probably anyone else in the league. Acting like you're two and having a tantrum does nothing but piss off the TRUE FANS who will be here through the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Texans Horror
09-17-2006, 04:43 PM
I'd feel better if the Texans didn't seem like Rice playing Texas. Two different levels of play nowhere near each other, and one team shouldn't have even been on the field (no offense to Rice fans).

Texans Pride
09-17-2006, 04:44 PM
I admit I am new here but do you people really accept the performance we had to stomach today! Are you people content with that garbage we had to observe for 3 quarters? Damn I can't believe that people honestly feel that this was an acceptable game!!!! We might as well throw in the towel and call it a year. I want to see progress; I want to see a QB throw down field in the first quarter! I am sick of this one yard pass bull crap!

Divebomb we all want the same things. All of us want to win, but it's how you go about expressing yourself and the constant negativity.

Don't become the cancer cell of the message board brother.

GP
09-17-2006, 04:53 PM

Crow eaten. Tasted grrrrrrrrrreat. Thanks for keeping a list of who's been naughty and who's been nice.

I was pissed about last week's game because I legitimately felt that it was not a game that was out-of-hand by any stretch of the imagination. It was a game where someone I defended (Carr) did not hold up his end of the bargain.

This week was a game that was out-of-hand before it even started. Last week's game was by far a more winnable game than this one, and Carr killed it all by himself vs. the Eagles. He just lost focus. And although he tripepd and fumbled a lot, it was NOT in a pressure situation with the game on the line. There is "context" that goes into the evaluation of those sorts of plays. It all depends on the circumstances surrounding the mistake9s).

This week, he got rattled but he pulled his britches up and socked it to the Colts when he could have hung his head and pouted.

Gado and Dayne had great runs with power and clear decisiveness, unlike Lundy who is showing that he really is just a rookie amongst men out there.

Mario vastly improved from last week, but he's still giving up too much of his chest most of the time. When he's dipping down and swimming that inside arm so he can get under the pads of the blokcer, he's getting into the backfield. Now if the LBs could just help and seal off Mario's backside if the RB cuts it outside or if the QB throws a dump pass to a Rb safety valve...then we'd be in business.

Daniels was clutch when he needed to be. Moulds was super clutch when he needed to be. AJ is clearly not happy being stuck on a team such as ours, but he's tryig hard to pretend he;s OK being here (you can read his body action...he's NOT thrilled to be here). Even after he caught the TD pass, he went over to the bench and sat down with a sour puss look on his face. He might've been just generally disgusted with not being able to get past the Colts yet, or it could be a growing sense of disgust with the team in general. Either way, he's not the mild-mannered guy he was when he was a rookie here and when he had that all smiles and "life's a party" attitude.

Nah, I expected us to be close to Philly...and we had that blubber tub Andy reid smirking and laughing when he called the play-action pass for a TD. And then Donovan marching around with his Chunky Soup grin the whole time like he was doing a charity flag football game against some bums. At least Peyton was a professional, and he's out there like a contracted hit-man just "doing his job, nothing personal" attitude.

This game was out-of-hand, but players faced the adversity and didn't meltdown into a Gary Walker-David Carr drama.

I have hope, even in the bad loss. The scoreboard looks the same: A blow-out by the Colts. But the opponent just happened to be us this weekend. Good luck to any team other than the Eagles who have to play the Colts. Luck is all they'll have in their corner.

Hulk75
09-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Going to storm the castle.............:rolleyes:

Pagan
09-17-2006, 05:07 PM
The only thing that has been entertaining about the Texans the past two weeks have been the boards.

Feel free to quote me on that. ;)

Texans Pride
09-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Gee, I just received some anonymous negative rep points for my post in this thread. . . I wonder where it came from.

Marcus
09-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Gee, I just received some anonymous negative rep points for my post in this thread. . . I wonder where it came from.
Probably from someone who is having a temper tantrum like your Emotional/Behavioral Elementary students.:)

Don't worry bout it. There are a lot of gutless cowards who do that to me all the time.

TexanExile
09-17-2006, 09:46 PM

They hit me too, for agreeing...kinda pathetic, when you get down to it. :dontknowa

There's them who are here to talk football, and there's them who are here to personally attack people who disagree. Maybe I will start using that ignore list! (Or switch to decaf.)

HeartofHouston
09-18-2006, 01:35 PM
from what I heard we have the top 3 toughest schedule in an already rough AFC. So i'm not worried right now we have some games coming up soon that we should be looking at as wins and if our guys play hard we could end up in a good place near the end of the year.

Cjeremy635
09-18-2006, 01:46 PM
from what I heard we have the top 3 toughest schedule in an already rough AFC. So i'm not worried right now we have some games coming up soon that we should be looking at as wins and if our guys play hard we could end up in a good place near the end of the year.

Why is the stength of schedule so tough for us this year? I didn't expect a free ride, but we have a tuff road ahead and it's bad enough rebuilding from a 2-14 season. Seems a little biased when you have tougher teams with easier schedules and vice-versa. :spy:

TEXANRED
09-18-2006, 01:55 PM
QUIT CRYING LIKE A TWO YEAR OLD.

D-Vizzl
09-18-2006, 01:57 PM
How do you know when rep. is bad or good?