PDA

View Full Version : Tackles

Texans Horror
09-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Left:

The Texans need an answer here. Spencer looked beleaguered in the spot, and Salaam had an even harder time against Freeney's backup. So I am going to start it now. It's time to resign Wand and put him there.

Right:

I have no solution here. Winston is not ready. Weigert isn't either. Could a trade do anything?

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Weigert is horrible!

Spencer did not look to bad today actually

Scooter
09-17-2006, 03:29 PM
i thought spencer looked pretty dang good for a rookie in his second game, i sure hope he's ok. our right side is, was, and will be the problem until we (like i've been screaming for the last 4 years) get rid of weigert & mckinney. weigert is TOO SLOW to play tackle. mckinney just isnt any good ... (i think i've just repeated 1/2 of my posts on this forum).

texflex513
09-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Its time to give SETH WAND a call we need him back.

BigDTexansFan
09-17-2006, 03:32 PM
P-I-T-T-S is the ANSWER and would have been, IF former regime had left him alone and kept him there. He is NOT a G...Gary oh Gary let's keep a natural in at T.

Texans Horror
09-17-2006, 03:39 PM
P-I-T-T-S is the ANSWER and would have been, IF former regime had left him alone and kept him there. He is NOT a G...Gary oh Gary let's keep a natural in at T.

Pitts would be much better than what's going on right now. I've always felt, though, that he is too good of a guard. However, I'd take Pitts at this point. Throw Weary in at Guard and see if that does anything.

Texans Horror
09-17-2006, 03:40 PM
i thought spencer looked pretty dang good for a rookie in his second game, i sure hope he's ok. our right side is, was, and will be the problem until we (like i've been screaming for the last 4 years) get rid of weigert & mckinney. weigert is TOO SLOW to play tackle. mckinney just isnt any good ... (i think i've just repeated 1/2 of my posts on this forum).

Amen. We've gotta stop ignoring that right side. Has been awful, continues to be awful, and will be awful for a long time unless something is done.