PDA

View Full Version : What did Reggie Bush do today?

Bongo59
09-16-2006, 09:43 PM
define how good or bad the pick of Mario was or is...............the better bush does the worse it makes the Texans look.............and vice versa.............Texan fans may not like it but that is reality.............just like every WR taken before Moss has had to live with the comparison.................fair no...............but it is what it is............DD going down just compounded the issue for the Texan FO. Personally still cant believe they did it but I am glad to face Mario twice a yr than Bush.

Texizgreat
09-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Hmmm thanks for that refresher.

Texan Asylum
09-16-2006, 09:48 PM
LIFE

blockhead83
09-16-2006, 10:04 PM
define how good or bad the pick of Mario was or is...............the better bush does the worse it makes the Texans look.............and vice versa.............Texan fans may not like it but that is reality.............just like every WR taken before Moss has had to live with the comparison.................fair no...............but it is what it is............DD going down just compounded the issue for the Texan FO. Personally still cant believe they did it but I am glad to face Mario twice a yr than Bush.

Reggie Bush won't ever define how good of a pick Mario was to me. Have fun in your world.

texflex513
09-16-2006, 10:26 PM
BOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIINNNNNG:yawn:

Wolf
09-16-2006, 10:28 PM
I agree. media wise this will never go away until :

Due to media, Mario has a long road to trouble
For Mario to surpass Bush
Texans have a top notch defense and are a superbowl contender and N.O. doesn't make it to playoffs
Mario goes to probowl and bush never does
Bush has a short career (I don't wish injuries to anyone) and mario plays at a high level

If after 10 years mario and bush goes to same am't of probowls, I am afraid that they will still give edge to Bush.

HoustonFan
09-16-2006, 10:42 PM
YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!!!

Tell you what. To all those that feell after 1 game that Mario Williams was a horrible pick, why not build a time machine go back to April 27, 2006 when the news of Mario Williams being #1 was announced, and change it to Reggie Bush being #1 and playing for the Texans. :cool:

non natural texan
09-16-2006, 10:44 PM
What an original subject.

Hervoyel
09-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Reggie Bush.................................Does not play for the Texans

Goldeagle
09-16-2006, 10:51 PM
I still dont know what reggie did that was so impressive even against the Browns?

This draft will be a positive for the Texans in a couple of years (or a negative) to early to tell.

Mr. B
09-16-2006, 10:58 PM
Yep Golden Eagle I am with you on that.

Don't see what he did that was so fantastic. Heck Duece had 90 yards without trying.

The guys a good back but give it some time before you give him the hall of fame please.

Wolf
09-16-2006, 11:00 PM
The guys a good back but give it some time before you give him the hall of fame please.

I agree but tell that to ESPN/fox/CBS/Sports Illustrated and Yahoo.

Brandon420tx
09-16-2006, 11:08 PM
LIFE
Go get one!

Texanfan4ever
09-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Reggie Bush won't ever define how good of a pick Mario was to me. Have fun in your world.

No kidding! Who cares what Reggie Bush is doing? :mario:

joedinkle
09-16-2006, 11:37 PM
Mario Williams will determine how good or bad of a pick Mario Williams is.

thunderkyss
09-16-2006, 11:56 PM
I agree. media wise this will never go away until :

Due to media, Mario has a long road to trouble
For Mario to surpass Bush
Texans have a top notch defense and are a superbowl contender and N.O. doesn't make it to playoffs
Mario goes to probowl and bush never does
Bush has a short career (I don't wish injuries to anyone) and mario plays at a high level

If after 10 years mario and bush goes to same am't of probowls, I am afraid that they will still give edge to Bush.

It is not Mario vs Reggie......... never was, never will be. if we finish the season with 2200 rushing yards, with little or no help from the QB, and our QB passes for over 3800 yards........ how can they say we needed Reggie?? How can they say we should've took Reggie??

& if our defense finishes in the top 20 overall, Mario will have done his job.

TheCD
09-17-2006, 01:39 AM
I still dont know what reggie did that was so impressive even against the Browns?

This draft will be a positive for the Texans in a couple of years (or a negative) to early to tell.

I feel this way, too...and no matter what the media says, L.T. is still the best back in the league (by far), in my opinion. I haven't seen Mr. R.B. do anything that L.T. isn't capable of doing...other than hurdling defenders, but that's just a good way to fall on your head and end up dead...

southtexan
09-17-2006, 02:05 AM
There is no way to compare anything after one game. Personally I'm going to wait a little longer and I'm going to compare their careers.

eriadoc
09-17-2006, 02:39 AM
anything Reggie Bush does is irrelevant. First of all, Bush is not playing for the Texans. That means he is not affected by our offensive line, offensive scheme (he's totally one cut and go, yeah), QB play, or our schedule. Speculate all you want, but those are big factors. Second, anything he did against the BROWNS should be taken with a grain of salt. The Texans won two whole games last year and the Browns were the first.

As a side note, this whole "total yardage" BS including return yardage is garbage. The only time anyone pulls that out is when they want to make a player look like they've had more impact than that for which they'd normally give credit. Jerome Mathis had 1607 total yards last year, by the way. And he was a fourth round pick.

The Bush/Williams pick is finished. Torment yourself over it all you like, but there are a good number of us who never wanted Bush or Vince, so don't assume that everyone wants to hear about Bush all year. Many of us didn't care about him then, don't care about him now, and won't care about him at the end of his career.

Malloy
09-17-2006, 04:32 AM
define how good or bad the pick of Mario was or is...............the better bush does the worse it makes the Texans look.............and vice versa.............Texan fans may not like it but that is reality.............

Your definition of reality is a subjective one. If I for instance believe otherwise, are we then having two realities, or one reality with more than one opinion within it?

The Bush-Mario reality you refer to is very much a constructed one, and as with any other normative construction, we can choose not to buy into it :)

Kaiser Toro
09-17-2006, 08:22 AM
Reggie Bush plays in the NFL and goes to the NFL forum.

Texan Asylum
09-17-2006, 09:34 AM
Go get one!

For the first time in my life...

Txn_in_FL
09-17-2006, 09:40 AM
Waaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit a minute...

We didn't draft Reggie Bush?

Sonofa... :brickwall

We definitely need to start some threads reflecting this obvious mistake.

:rolleyes:

A Texan
09-17-2006, 11:16 AM
No matter how good Bush does with some other team, he was the wrong type for Kubiak's system. Kubiak doesn't use shake and bake types so he would have just got frustrated, demanded a trade,and we would have been without him anyway.

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Last I checked he had 6 yards on 5 carries and about 54 yards receiving?

Hmmm, Wes Welker had more total yards than Bush

and today

W. Welker 5 41 0 20

KICKOFF RETURNS
NO AVG TD LG
W. Welker 4 25.2 0 39

Wes Welker should have been the #1 pick

:shades:

The Dream
09-17-2006, 03:57 PM
whatever he did I can assure you that it was better than what Williams has done.

Huge
09-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Eh, Mario Williams was part of a defense that has given up over 500 yards of offense today.

Did you think this through before you posted?

gg no re
09-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Don't forget, Welker kicks fields goals and makes tackles!

Titan "Tack" Fan
09-17-2006, 03:59 PM
Mario Williams looks really bad...I hope, for the Texans sake, that this will change

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Im just saying Wes Welker has better stats than Reggie Bush...We should trade for him... Surely he should have been the #1 pick lol

ItsAJtime
09-17-2006, 04:17 PM
Is Bush a defensive back? That is what is killing this team. Also, is it me, or did the Colts remind you af the Utah Jazz? They hold alot without a flag. Receivers push off, and Manning is a stat padder.

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 04:18 PM
Heh, he had 6 yards!

ItsAJtime
09-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Bush as of right now, has 6 carries for 5 yards. Man he is a beast.

TFL
09-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Eh, Mario Williams was part of a defense that has given up over 500 yards of offense today.

Eh it was also against the Colts, and i did not know one player can stop a whole offense it was the whole D's fault.

Did you think about that before you posted?

Chaft
09-17-2006, 04:31 PM
Reggie is more of an all-purpose back. His yards from scrimmage was below par though at only 73 yards. However, he was 2nd on the team in receiving yards. with Joe Horn being 1st this game. That probably means he actually contributed to his team's win.

BigDTexansFan
09-17-2006, 04:38 PM
PREDICTION ESPN tells total yardage again to make Reggie bush look better than he is

Last week ad nausem Reggie gained 141 total yards BUT sucked as a RB

Oh wait this is week #2 and he still SUCKED as a RB...not sure on KRs, but he has 73 yards rushing and receiving....:yawn:

GoTexans
09-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Bush always has and always will be the type of back who will run like 6 carries for 10 yards and then just bust a 50+ yard run out of nowhere.
That's why you draft Reggie Bush.

HoustonFan
09-17-2006, 04:44 PM
Is Bush a defensive back? That is what is killing this team. Also, is it me, or did the Colts remind you af the Utah Jazz? They hold alot without a flag. Receivers push off, and Manning is a stat padder.

Maybe they end up like the Jazz and never win a championship. Oh, wait... they've gotta get there first.

gg no re
Bush always has and always will be the type of back who will run like 6 carries for 10 yards and then just bust a 50+ yard run out of nowhere.
That's why you draft Reggie Bush.I don't know how, I don't know why, but this analysis of Reggie Bush's game discourages me from wanting him on my team.

I prefer playing Russian Roulette with a semi-automatic, thank you very much.

Wolf

huge, you almost made me cry LOL...

gave up 400 last week and 500 this week..not to shabby making our offense look good LOL

(I am joking)!!!!!

tulexan
09-17-2006, 04:47 PM
PREDICTION ESPN tells total yardage again to make Reggie bush look better than he is

Last week ad nausem Reggie gained 141 total yards BUT sucked as a RB

Oh wait this is week #2 and he still SUCKED as a RB...not sure on KRs, but he has 73 yards rushing and receiving....:yawn:

Add 36 on 4 punt returns, which means that he will have 109 total yards. Anybody else think that Reggie is going to go the Ricky Watters route and eventually become a WR?

LikeABoss
09-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Good thread

I look forward to seeing them week to week.

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 05:04 PM
Good thread

I look forward to seeing them week to week.

You probably will

WES WELKER FOR THE #1 PICK!

Bronco Texan
09-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Where are all the Bush supporters? Bush only had 5 yards on 6 carries today. I know this is more of an NFL thread but I thought people here would love to have a good laugh.

GoTexans
09-17-2006, 05:10 PM
Wali Lundy had 6 carries for 25 yards.

gg no re
09-17-2006, 05:12 PM
When are you going to stop dogging Reggie?When people stop riding his johnson.

Hookem Horns
09-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Saints are 2-0, Texans are 0-2 and they were almost as bad as us last year. Texans fans have nothing to be talking about period.

gg no re
09-17-2006, 05:24 PM
We want a crack at the Packers and the Browns.

I don't think Saints fan wants a piece of the Eagles and Colts.

LikeABoss
09-17-2006, 05:36 PM

Regardless of who we played, that's still more wins than your team.

And for two consecutive wins on the road, I'd say that's pretty damn impressive.

Going into week 3, we're tied with Atlanta for first place in our division going into our home opener against them while Carolina and Tampa Bay are both 0-2.

To me, that sounds a whole lot better than your team's situation.

GuerillaBlack
09-17-2006, 05:44 PM

Wish we had their schedule, but atleast going against good teams will make us better.

Regardless of who we played, that's still more wins than your team.

And for two consecutive wins on the road, I'd say that's pretty damn impressive.

Going into week 3, we're tied with Atlanta for first place in our division going into our home opener against them while Carolina and Tampa Bay are both 0-2.

To me, that sounds a whole lot better than your team's situation.

The NFL did that on purpose for New Orleans. LikeABoss, if you play Girl Scout Troop 523 and School of the Blind and Hearing Impared and beat both of them in football, that is not impressive. Then the other team who lost against the school of superstars, and the school of elite athletes.

I don't know how you can be excited about beating two of one of the few worst teams in the league. Your next game agains Atlanta, then Carolina, thn Tampa, and then Philly should be your real test.

LikeABoss
09-17-2006, 05:49 PM
The NFL did that on purpose for New Orleans. LikeABoss, if you play Girl Scout Troop 523 and School of the Blind and Hearing Impared and beat both of them in football, that is not impressive, as say the other team, who the school of superstars, and the school of elite athletes.

You can keep making up all the excuses you want to undermine our victories, but in the end that's still more wins than the Houston Texans, and you still sound like a little whiny schools girl to me and the rest of the NFL world.

LikeABoss
09-17-2006, 05:54 PM
I don't know how you can be excited about beating two of one of the few worst teams in the league. Your next game agains Atlanta, then Carolina, thn Tampa, and then Philly should be your real test.

Carolina and Tampa Bay are both 0 and 2, so judging by this season that would put them right there in the "few worst teams in the league" category right there with your Houston Texans.

gg no re
09-17-2006, 05:58 PM
You can keep make up all the excuses you want to undermine our victories, but in the end that's still more wins than the Houston Texans, and you still sound like a little whiny school girl to me and the rest of the NFL world.Doesn't change the fact that those wins were soft.

I don't think anyone wants to claim to be a legitimate contender despite having a soft schedule. I think this is best reflected in the world of college football.

cred
09-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Reggie Bush had an awsome day with 5 yards rushing and 68 yards recieving. Can you tell I'm a :fireball: supporter

edo783
09-17-2006, 06:10 PM
And you need to go to the saints board. Your mother left a message there that you need to come home, she has heated your bottle of milk. Oh, and bring your lunch money, the saints are having a collection so they can pay for the 100 million dollar backfield before they move to LA.

TheCD
Anybody else think that Reggie is going to go the Ricky Watters route and eventually become a WR?

I have a feeling that if that were to happen there would be mass riots in the streets all over the nation and ESPN would be ridiculing the Saints for not using him EVERYWHERE on the field. I DO think that eventually they're going to just make him the QB and tell him to run the ball on every down...who needs a QB when you've got Reggie Bush, right?

But seriously...Bush may not have lit up the stats charts today, but 73 all purpose yards (as much as I may hate to admit it) is still at least average, if not more so. And unfortunately LikeABoss is right...at the end of the day the only thing that matters is the W.

Texansfan36
Carolina and Tampa Bay are both 0 and 2, so judging by this season that would put them right there in the "few worst teams in the league" category right there with your Houston Texans.

Haha that is funny, come back next week after Atlanta hands you your jock strap. And Carolina and Tampa among the worst teams in the league, just how up RB's A** is your head? I would say if you faced Indy and Philly you would also be 0-2. Face it you won against teams in the same league as you, we faced teams light years ahead of where we are right now. And need I remind you that Cleveland got manhandled at Cincy? The same team you barely inched out for a win got slaughtered by the types of teams we have been playing.

TFL
09-17-2006, 06:12 PM
Look you might have more wins right now, but that does not you mean your are a better team you played two teams that you should beat, and we played two teams we where not even suppose to beat. Plain in simple.

TheCD
This is already being discussed in the NFL forum. Check it out...

Goldeagle
Reggie Bush 140 total yards against the Browns

Rudi Johnson RAN for 145 lol!

I hope ESPN gets off his jock.

As far as Biatch slapping goes, seems like a lot of that is going on in New Orleans, or maybe the violence there and in Houston since N.O. people came here is Bushs fault (Or David Carrs)

caspian
09-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Last I checked he had 6 yards on 5 carries and about 54 yards receiving?

Hmmm, Wes Welker had more total yards than Bush

and today

W. Welker 5 41 0 20

KICKOFF RETURNS
NO AVG TD LG
W. Welker 4 25.2 0 39

Wes Welker should have been the #1 pick

:shades:

His team won. And the Packers D had to key on him. If you're going to pull the "there's more to playing than stats" card for Mario, you have to do the same for Bush.

GuerillaBlack
09-17-2006, 06:22 PM
and you still sound like a little whiny schools girl to me and the rest of the NFL world.

And what have we been whining about?

Napa Auto Parts
09-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Go 2 and 0:hides:

GuerillaBlack
09-17-2006, 06:24 PM
The Saints also barely one those games. Makes them marvelous huh (and yes, I know the Texans got blown out by Super Bowl contendors)?

Numbskull
09-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Lets compare the seasons of Reggie Bush and Mario Williams.

Reggie Bush
Splitting time with Deuce McAllister.

21 Carries - 72 yard, 3.4 yard average, 0 TDs
15 Receptions - 120 yards, 8 yard average, 0 TDs
Saints Offense - Sure to be in the top 10, after racking up 706 yards in 2 games.
Saints 2-0 and 1st place in the NFC South

Mario Williams
In on every play at DE and on occassion at DT.

5 Tackles. 4 Solo, 1 Assist. 0 Sacks
Texans Defense Ranked 32nd in the NFL giving up 956 yards in 2 games. PATHETIC!!!
Texans 0-2 and looking to be in the hunt to blow the #1 pick again this year.

Yep. The Texans really did good on that one! Didn't Charlie Casserly rationalize the MW pick by saying that Reggie Bush couldn't stop Peyton Manning? Well, its obvious that Mario couldn't either: 26/38 - 400 yards and 3 TDs.

Texansfan36
09-17-2006, 06:28 PM

Reggie Bush

Saints Offense - Sure to be in the top 10, after racking up 706 yards in 2 games.
Saints 2-0 and T-1st place in the NFC South

Mario Williams

5 Tackles. 4 Solo, 1 Assist. 0 Sacks
Texans Defense Ranked 32nd in the NFL giving up 956 yards in 2 games.

There fixed it for ya =)

Mr. White
09-17-2006, 06:29 PM

I don't really mind. We've got a really tough schedule so far. We could use Adrian Peterson. He's a lot better than that overrated scatback that won the Heisman last year....I forget his name.

GuerillaBlack
09-17-2006, 06:29 PM
I don't really mind. We could use Adrian Peterson. He's a lot better than that overrated scatback that won the Heisman last year....I forget his name.

I know that Bust was his last name.

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 06:30 PM
Who heard of Bush until Peterson got injured

TFL
09-17-2006, 06:31 PM

Texans Defense Ranked 32nd in the NFL giving up 956 yards in 2 games.

Yea playing against D's that are the worst in the NFL that will put you in the top 10, but will you play against those D for 16 games no, and that would be the only way you could be a top 10 O is if you play them week in and week out.

He is not in every play we switch our D-line out reg. the whole game.

Going against the Eagles and Colts can do that to you. Plus i did not know that one player makes a whole D.

So why don't you go and take your GOD (reggie bush), and praise him for every single play that he does even if it is a bad one.

Numbskull
09-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Where are all the Bush supporters? Bush only had 5 yards on 6 carries today. I know this is more of an NFL thread but I thought people here would love to have a good laugh.

You want a good laugh? Look at the Texans defense. 950 Total Yards in 2 GAMES. lol:

:ohsnap:

lol: lol:

Mr. White
09-17-2006, 06:49 PM
You want a good laugh? Look at the Texans defense. 950 Total Yards in 2 GAMES. lol:

Everybody around here knew that we have problems at DB. What does this have to do with that guy that the NCAA is investigating?

Titan "Tack" Fan
09-17-2006, 07:26 PM
Most Texans fans are obsessed with Reggie Bush. In every sense of the word.

TFL
09-17-2006, 07:32 PM
Most Texans fans are obsessed with Reggie Bush. In every sense of the word.

I'm not I just get sicked about how good he is when he goes 4 carries for 5 yards are something like that, and ESPN makes it seem like he is L.T or something.

Huge
09-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Eh it was also against the Colts, and i did not know one player can stop a whole offense it was the whole D's fault.

Did you think about that before you posted?
I figured the opponent excuse would show up quickly.

One player can't stop a defense. But don't you think Williams should be able to beat his man occasionally? Or was Williams facing the entire Colts offense solo?

What was him impact today? 2 tackles, 0 sacks. In other words, he produced nothing while the Colts walked up and down the field.

But go ahead and spin it.

Hulk75
09-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Mario Williams looks really bad...I hope, for the Texans sake, that this will change
Vince looked really bad to.:francis: :cool:

TFL
09-17-2006, 07:43 PM
I figured the opponent excuse would show up quickly.

One player can't stop a defense. But don't you think Williams should be able to beat his man occasionally? Or was Williams facing the entire Colts offense solo?

What was him impact today? 2 tackles, 0 sacks. In other words, he produced nothing while the Colts walked up and down the field.

But go ahead and spin it.

Yea it is kind of hard to put a pass rush when all manning has to do is wait 2 seconds and a WR will come open, and Yes the opponent does have alot to do against it so it is not a excuse becuase if we where to face a bad Offense we would look good, but when you go against a really good offense with a less then subpar D then you will more unlikely look horrible.

Rookies usually do not have a great impact in their first couple of games, and when you face a good O-line it is going to be even harder for him to make a impact.

LikeABoss
09-17-2006, 07:50 PM
"I give the Saints a lot of credit," Favre said. "They've gone on the road twice and won. I don't care who you're playing, that is so difficult in this league."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=260917009

Couldn't have said it any better.

Huge
09-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Yea it is kind of hard to put a pass rush when all manning has to do is wait 2 seconds and a WR will come open, and Yes the opponent does have alot to do against it so it is not a excuse becuase if we where to face a bad Offense we would look good, but when you go against a really good offense with a less then subpar D then you will more unlikely look horrible.

Rookies usually do not have a great impact in their first couple of games, and when you face a good O-line it is going to be even harder for him to make a impact.
Once again, you're comparing the Texans defense with the Colts offense.

Try looking at Mario Williams vs Ryan Diem/Tarik Glenn (depending on which side of the ball Williams lined up). How many Pro Bowls have those two been to? Was Williams just out of reach of Manning today because he was getting rid of the ball quickly or did you watch the game I did where Peyton had all day to throw?

TheCD
09-17-2006, 08:05 PM

Reggie Bush

Saints 2-0 and 1st place in the NFC South

If you're trying to show how great a player is...don't show an average of around 3.3 ypc. That is as average as a running back can get.

Huge
09-17-2006, 08:11 PM
If you were trying to show how great Williams is, what stat of his would you put up?

Goldeagle
LOL, Wes Welker has more total yards than Bush lol!

Chaft
The Saints also barely one those games. Makes them marvelous huh (and yes, I know the Texans got blown out by Super Bowl contendors)?

Ya know what counts a lot is how the Vegas oddsmaker had it. Texans got blown out and lost bigtime against the spread while the Saints won both games and beat the spread. A lot of folks bet on the NFL. The gambling industry is huge. This means a lot.

However, I would have to say the public would be winning in all this. Public bets with Reggie Bush. I don't care if it is Brett Favre's team that Bush's team is playing against. Public also usually bets the favorites, so they made out big with the Eagles and the Colts' blowout victories against the Texans

Huge
09-17-2006, 08:17 PM
LOL, Wes Welker has more total yards than Bush lol!
Mark Anderson (5th Round DE, Chicago) has more sacks than Mario Williams.

Napa Auto Parts
09-17-2006, 08:23 PM
Mark Anderson (5th Round DE, Chicago) has more sacks than Mario Williams.

Thats a low blow mark anderson got his sack during garbage time lol:stirpot:

TFL
09-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Couldn't have said it any better.

This is the guy that said that this was the best packers team since he been there.

TFL
09-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Once again, you're comparing the Texans defense with the Colts offense.

Try looking at Mario Williams vs Ryan Diem/Tarik Glenn (depending on which side of the ball Williams lined up). How many Pro Bowls have those two been to? Was Williams just out of reach of Manning today because he was getting rid of the ball quickly or did you watch the game I did where Peyton had all day to throw?

Texans defensive end Mario Williams versus Colts offensive tackles Ryan Diem and Tarik Glenn. The No. 1 overall selection in this past Aprilís NFL Draft, Williams is starting at end and the Texans are using the multi-dimensional player all across the defensive line. He did not have a sack last week in the season opener, but he is a talented player with potential to make a huge impact. Glenn has made the Pro Bowl the last two seasons and is accustomed to being matched up against top pass rushers. Diem and Glenn held Giants defensive ends Michael Strahan and Osi Uminyiora without a sack in the season opener last week.

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=4045

Glenn has been there the last two seasons like mentioned above, and both of them did not surrender one sack against Micheal Strahan and Osi Uminyiora also said above if they where able to keep them off of Peyton then I think they should be able to keep a rookie who is only starting his second NFL game.

gg no re
09-17-2006, 08:34 PM
Couldn't have said it any better.Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that they were weak opponents.

I don't know what you want to think, but although it's nice to have wins, there's nothing to celebrate about when it comes to beating an opponent that is also recovering from their own struggles (unless they are established rivals, that is).

This is the guy that said that this was the best packers team since he been there.Oh wow, if this were the case.............. you're done for the night, LikeABoss? You're done for the night? You're done for the night.

Titan "Tack" Fan
09-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Vince looked really bad to.:francis: :cool:

He looked mediocre. He put 7 points on the board atleast.

thedeuce53
09-17-2006, 09:35 PM

reggie bush had 109 total yards

the saints won

the saints are 2-0

mario williams had 2 tackles

the texans lost

the texans are 0-2

i live near houston and i like the Texans, but seeing these BITTER posts kinda makes me NOT want to like the texans... its one thing to be bitter, but its another thing to post stuff like this without even getting the facts straight

anyone who ONLY looks at Bush's rushing stats has no idea why Reggie Bush is a good player

Wolf
09-17-2006, 09:45 PM
reggie bush had 109 total yards

the saints won

the saints are 2-0

mario williams had 2 tackles

the texans lost

the texans are 0-2

i live near houston and i like the Texans, but seeing these BITTER posts kinda makes me NOT want to like the texans... its one thing to be bitter, but its another thing to post stuff like this without even getting the facts straight

anyone who ONLY looks at Bush's rushing stats has no idea why Reggie Bush is a good player

bush has as many TD's and Williams has sacks

gg no re
09-17-2006, 09:45 PM
Bush is supposed to do better than 5 for 6, and most Bush johnson-riders try to make it clear he is a god on the ground.

Get your facts right, your night is done.

Wolf
09-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Yes those are good stats but not very impressive when we constantly heard how Bush was going to "redefine" the RB position. I don't once remember hearing that kind of hype around Mario Williams. That is the difference.

exactly.. as much heat as the Texans have taken for Williams.. I haven't heard a peep from about how the next "Gale Sayers/Barry Sanders" is struggling at NFL level..

thedeuce53
09-17-2006, 09:52 PM
exactly.. as much heat as the Texans have taken for Williams.. I haven't heard a peep from about how the next "Gale Sayers/Barry Sanders" is struggling at NFL level..

how the hell do you consider 120 yards per game STRUGGLING? jeez.... he IS a rookie, he has played TWO NFL GAMES

im not writing off Mario Williams yet, but yall have already written off bush even though he has performed well in both games..

thedeuce53
09-17-2006, 09:56 PM
In addition it is even harder for a lineman to develop when his entire line has been changed. In other words, if a new lineman is inserted into an existing good line that lineman has much less pressure on him to develop. On the other hand if that lineman is moved around a line where the entire coaching staff, defensive scheme and many of the players on the line are new, then that player and the line as a whole will struggle.

so um, what does that have to do with Bush supposively not playing well?..

thedeuce53
09-17-2006, 10:00 PM
That was um in response to the Mario haters

and like i said earlier, im not a um Mario hater... read up and see my post sayin i havent written him off yet, i merely used his stats to compare with reggie's so maybe all the REGGIE haters would realize that 120 yards per game is not bad for a rookie running back sharing time

gg no re
09-17-2006, 10:02 PM
5 for 6 on the ground is struggling.

Numbskull
09-17-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm not trying to show you how great he is. I'm not trying to hide anything. The stats are below average on the ground. Those are facts and someone would bring it up if I didn't. The thing is, he's on pace for a 100+ catch season while Deuce is pounding it between the tackles. He's done everything he's been asked to do and done it well. He's making a big contribution to a football team that is winning football games; you can't say that about Mario Williams. Reggie Bush is playing a key role in the Saints offense and making good each time he touches the ball. Stats don't show you that he has accounted for 9-10 first downs this season in just two games.

Mario Williams was a dumbarse pick and yall should have enough sense to realize this. Go bash Charlie Casserly or something. Its his fault, not Reggie's.

Wolf
09-17-2006, 10:38 PM
how the hell do you consider 120 yards per game STRUGGLING? jeez.... he IS a rookie, he has played TWO NFL GAMES

im not writing off Mario Williams yet, but yall have already written off bush even though he has performed well in both games..

I am not writing off of bush.. heck 120 yards is nothing when you can average.. 40 yards receiving.. 40 yards rushing and 40 yards PR/KR.

he has touched the ball 43 times for 251 yards. For the next big thing, he better get some yards (rushing/receiving/returning)

gg no re
09-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Key role? I see a guy being paid $50 mill to be a 3rd down back/slot receiver.

Wolf
09-17-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm not trying to show you how great he is. I'm not trying to hide anything. The stats are below average on the ground. Those are facts and someone would bring it up if I didn't. The thing is, he's on pace for a 100+ catch season while Deuce is pounding it between the tackles. He's done everything he's been asked to do and done it well. He's making a big contribution to a football team that is winning football games; you can't say that about Mario Williams. Reggie Bush is playing a key role in the Saints offense and making good each time he touches the ball. Stats don't show you that he has accounted for 9-10 first downs this season in just two games.

Mario Williams was a dumbarse pick and yall should have enough sense to realize this. Go bash Charlie Casserly or something. Its his fault, not Reggie's.

yeah...cleveland and Green bay are powerhouses compared to Philly and Indy.

I am not against us playing those teams, but talent level is not the same ...Cleveland and green bay are not even close to playoff teams

and yes..mario is struggling.

TFL
09-17-2006, 10:43 PM

I am not upset with our pick people are wanting to see him put 10+ sacks this year, and that is not good to do right now. He needs some work, but he will turn out to be a good pick, but what i hate is the comparison I could care less if Reggie does good or not, but when people are claiming Mario is a bust within 2 games that is what ticks me off it is only 2 games give him a while i would say 1-2 years and you will see some big results from Mario, and i don't think some people can wait that long.

But here is to hoping he can pull off some big sacks to get some of the critics to shut up.

Wolf
09-17-2006, 10:54 PM
I didn't want to go through this thread. but

I heard somewhere someone say Reggie is a rookie and rookies are rookies.

to that I am like ...why is Mario held to a different standard..he is a rookie along with Reggie?

Mysteryhunt
09-17-2006, 11:23 PM
as far as wins go i think the opponents of us and the saints need to be looked at here. if we had bush we'd still have lost those 2 games.

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 11:40 PM
Heh, how many tackles did Reggie Bush had.

You cant compare their stats, but I think if we wanted to give Mario the ball just once he would have gotten at least 5 yards lol!

WES WELKER Ladies and Gents

jlam
09-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Starter of this thread.....is the last guy that you guys need to ......get up in arms about........big joke on the......saints message board........

Please_Evolve
09-18-2006, 01:53 PM
when saints fans come back down to reality facing the meat of the NFC south..meaning ATL, CAR, TB, we'll see how Reggie fares against 3 fast defenses. Don't they play the Eagles as well? Fitting Donte looks good in an Eagles uni. and Howard looks happier to be out of NO.

I'd also like to Add in MW= 0 Sacks
but

RB = 0 TDs
0 100 yard rushing games
0 KR TDs

hobie
09-18-2006, 01:53 PM
Why do ya'll feel the need to fuel the fire with this subject every single time it is mentioned....
I posted this because it is enough already...let it just freaking die !!

And RB yesterday...6 carries, 5 yards...

I think all of our backs did that !!

real
09-18-2006, 01:56 PM
I really don't mind the Gale Sayers/Reggie Bush comparisons, but what the proponents of such comparisons forget to mention is that Gale Sayers would be a 3rd down back in today's NFL. Look up the average size of players in Sayers's day and compare them with today and you will see what I mean.

Good point.

El Tejano
09-18-2006, 02:01 PM
I think it is funny how this week there was no comparison on ESpN about the two. (Mario and Reggie).

hobie
09-18-2006, 02:01 PM
Is there any way we can get a new sticky about RB. Have that be the only place to discuss him so we don't clutter this board up with usless BS about someone we didn't take to compare him to Mario..
Why don't ya'll worry about the back Indy has, he ran all over the Texans yesterday, then worry about what jacksonville backs are doing, or Tennessee. Care about thier stats, the Texans play them.

jlam
09-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Why do ya'll feel the need to fuel the fire with this subject every single time it is mentioned....
I posted this because it is enough already...let it just freaking die !!

And RB yesterday...6 carries, 5 yards...

I think all of our backs did that !!

If you really want it to die, then you should let it and hope it fades away. By responding all you do is put it back at the top for everyone to see again.

Mr. White
09-18-2006, 02:21 PM
If you really want it to die, then you should let it and hope it fades away. By responding all you do is put it back at the top for everyone to see again.

Way to get the last word. That'll be a good skill to have when you're married. Congratulations. You're the winner.

jlam
09-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Way to get the last word. That'll be a good skill to have when you're married. Congratulations. You're the winner.

Thanks man. Wait you posted after me so you must have got me, but now I'm posting so I win again right? Yayy me.

Mr. White
09-18-2006, 03:20 PM
Not anymore.

real
09-18-2006, 03:25 PM
Bush looked electric on that little 20-something yard pass to the flat yesterday. You have to cover him with a CB or a FS who can run...he may not be churning stats, but players most casual fans never heard of are scoring TD's while the defense is paying attention to Deuce and Bush.

exactly.

whiskeyrbl
09-18-2006, 03:30 PM
well I don't see Bush tearing it up 6 rushes 5yards. WOW thats electric alright. And still no TD's. So if I'm comparing Mario 0 sacks Bush 0 Td's it's a draw so far. Of course no real way to compare just :twocents: for those who want to.

jlam
09-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Bush looked electric on that little 20-something yard pass to the flat yesterday. You have to cover him with a CB or a FS who can run...he may not be churning stats, but players most casual fans never heard of are scoring TD's while the defense is paying attention to Deuce and Bush.

Thank you, and that's not to say that he's the reason we are winning games, but he definitely has an impact other than just when he touches the ball. I'll be the first to say that for the most part, he was shut down in the first half against GB. Luckily, we have a coach smart enough to see that they were keying hard on Reggie and for the rest of the game he was used mostly as a decoy. I beleive that Mario could have a similar impact, freeing up the rest of Houston's pass rush to make big plays even if his numbers aren't spectacular.

Am I going to get banned for saying something good about Bush and Williams in the same post? Wasn't that one of the commandments on the tablet that Moses dropped?

gg no re
09-18-2006, 05:15 PM
All I see in Bush is a slot receiver who's being paid too much. Hello Mr. Hall and Mr. Stokely.

jlam
09-18-2006, 05:37 PM
All I see in Bush is a slot receiver who's being paid too much. Hello Mr. Hall and Mr. Stokely.

Well then we just disagree, only time will tell I suppose. I'm glad you're not our GM though.

gg no re
09-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Well then we just disagree, only time will tell I suppose. I'm glad you're not our GM though.What?!

I assure everyone here, I can sell just as many cars as Mr. Benson, and I would squash any and all rumors concerning a Saints move to Los Angeles with an iron fist...

...I would be moving them to Anaheim.

jlam
09-18-2006, 05:54 PM
What?!

I assure everyone here, I can sell just as many cars as Mr. Benson, and I would squash any and all rumors concerning a Saints move to Los Angeles with an iron fist...

...I would be moving them to Anaheim.

Classy. And Benson is our owner not the GM.

jerek
09-18-2006, 06:09 PM

I'm still not a big Bush fan, but I will grant that his speed and playmaking ability commands careful coverage. You'd better cover him with speed or be sure that your blitz will prevent the pass from getting to him.

That was supposed to be the same principle we were working with in drafting Mario -- he's not necessarily going to blow up the stat sheet, but he'll draw attention and open up the way for his teammates. I think it's worked for us to a point so far, but I also think Mario looks like the rookie he is right now. Can't wait to see the subsequent effect when he has his first 3-sack game ... whenever that will be.

gg no re
09-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Classy. And Benson is our owner not the GM.Your team's in trouble if I can't name your GM off the top of my head.

Goldeagle
09-18-2006, 10:48 PM
Wes Welker had a tackle lol!

mexican_texan
09-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Why does Bush get his own thread? We passed up hundreds of players. Where is Donte Whitner's thread?

gg no re
09-18-2006, 11:15 PM
Reggie Bush ran over him into next season.