PDA

View Full Version : Our elite wide receiver

eriadoc
09-17-2006, 03:36 PM
an we get a runnig count on balls that AJ should catch but doesn't/ I count two so far today. It's very frustrating. As much as we all bag on Carr (deservedly so, today), no one claims he's our best player or a Pro Bowl caliber player. That assertion is made about AJ quite a lot and I want to see him make those catches. Opportunities are few and far between - catch the d@** ball!

:brickwall

TexansJunkE
09-17-2006, 03:42 PM
I would be willing to bet thatA. Johnson can't wait for his contract to end.

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Dude has dropped 2 passes today.

MrMeToo
09-17-2006, 03:56 PM
AJ is by far our best player on our team. He doesn't get enough chances to make plays because carr doesn't throw to him.

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Because he drops half the passes thrown to him

MrMeToo
09-17-2006, 04:06 PM

He just caught a TD.

rmartin65
09-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Andre makes some drops. He also has made some pretty sick grabs. It balances out.

Texans Horror
09-17-2006, 04:10 PM
AJ gets a lot of attention by the opposing teams. That is why the Texans are opening up the game to Moulds and the TE of the moment. Once Houston gets teams concerned about Moulds and the TE, and especially if AJ is one-on-one, then they make the pass to him. I expect him to get more passes as the season progresses.

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 04:12 PM
AJ gets a lot of attention by the opposing teams. That is why the Texans are opening up the game to Moulds and the TE of the moment. Once Houston gets teams concerned about Moulds and the TE, and especially if AJ is one-on-one, then they make the pass to him. I expect him to get more passes as the season progresses.

Lets hope so.

MrMeToo
09-17-2006, 04:12 PM

I agree.

MrMeToo
09-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Lets hope so.

Maybe if carr grew some balls and starts throwing deep AJ could show his skills.You saw what he did last week.

run-david-run
09-17-2006, 04:45 PM
Dude has dropped 2 passes today.
One was nullified by a penalty. But yeah...$40 million dollars...catch the f*&^*( ball! Anyway...he has put up numbers so far this year (check the sig), but we need to get him the ball BEFORE we are down by 21...

run-david-run
09-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Maybe if carr grew some balls and starts throwing deep AJ could show his skills.You saw what he did last week.
Yep, its totaly Carr's fault that AJ is running the route the play specifies for. Unless you were in INdy, you have no idea what route he is running. By the way, Denver rearely threw the ball deep, once or twice a game, and they accutally have an O-line that can hold up. Get the running game going, everything else will fall in place. Fot the offense at least

Texans86
09-17-2006, 04:49 PM

A couple years ago, he was called out for his bad hands and spent the entire offseason with the jugs machine. While he is a tremendous athlete, with amazing size and speed, he does drop some easy ones because he takes his eyes off the ball early. Ironically, he sometimes does better with the tough balls because he has to watch them into his hands.

utahmark
09-17-2006, 05:29 PM
i just saw chad johnson make a twisting grab in the endzone and still manage to keep his feet in bounds for the td. johnson cant catch a ball thats thrown to the wrong shoulder.

hes a great athlete that physically fits perfect at wr. unfortunatly he doesnt have the intangables. not unlike our qb, number 1 pick(who played a lot better today), and great db.

wrestler4life
09-17-2006, 05:37 PM
The best yaer that AJ had was one in which Carr had time to get the ball to him downfield or on short routes in which AJ could run. If there is no time, you get frustrated and try to do too much, or just get out of practice.

Hulk75
09-17-2006, 05:46 PM
I would be willing to bet thatA. Johnson can't wait for his contract to end.
I cant wait either get him out of here, he pouts when the ball is not going to him and then when the ball comes to him he either drops the ball or when he catches the ball and it takes one guy to bring him down...........

Hey DRE! Watch Eric Moulds when he catches the football it takes pretty much the entire team to bring him down.

Stop Pouting and step up and make some plays. Catch the ball with your hands and not your chest, this is not Ken Dorsey anymore.

He has gotten a free pass for a while.

MrMeToo
09-17-2006, 06:24 PM
I cant wait either get him out of here, he pouts when the ball is not going to him and then when the ball comes to him he either drops the ball or when he catches the ball and it takes one guy to bring him down...........

Hey DRE! Watch Eric Moulds when he catches the football it takes pretty much the entire team to bring him down.

Stop Pouting and step up and make some plays. Catch the ball with your hands and not your chest, this is not Ken Dorsey anymore.

Same thing for AJ too.

NEROtheZERO
09-17-2006, 06:25 PM

Did you watch the game today? He had four catches, one for a TD. On another catch he drug 4 Colt defenders for ~5 yards.

MrMeToo
09-17-2006, 06:27 PM
Did you watch the game today? He had four catches, one for a TD. On another catch he drug 4 Clot defenders for ~5 yards.
Yup.