PDA

View Full Version : My Keys to Second Half Success vs. Indianapolis

TexansAllTheWayBaby
09-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Okay, our Houston Texans did not have a really good first half vs. Indianapolis. We trail the Indianapolis Colts by a score of 20-3 at the half. Indianapolis will begin the second half with the ball.

Again, not a great first half obviously, the following is what I believe our Houston Texans need to do to have second half success this game and possibly even pull out the W...

-Reduce turnovers. We had 3 fumbles in the first half of play, these obviously hurt us. You can not make silly turnovers when playing such a good team like Indianapolis. I look for us to take better care of the ball in the second half of this game

-Better 3rd down defense. Our defense is obviously have trouble today with this high-powered Colts offense. We need to try and stop them on 3rd down. We have only done this once I believe in the first half. This has been a concern to me since day 1 with this young defense. I look for us to start to step up on 3rd down on D and get of the field. This is obviously crutial.

-Reduce negative plays on offense. It seems at times we are having nice drives going, then we have a loss of yardage either thru a stuffed run play, penalty, etc. We need to continue moving the ball fowards and show more consistency with our offensive drives. I really think we are going to have a good offense this year, we have seen it in spurts, we just need to elimate those negative yardage plays.

Fans, we are down but not out. We are down 20-3 but if we can do some of the things I have listed above we can give them a fight in the second half.

Let's see how we respond, it will be intresting. I look for us to come out and make big plays.

GO TEXANS:redtowel:

Divebomb
09-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Its easy, pull Carr!

Scott D
09-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Get real. Face the hard facts. Is this too difficult for you?

They WILL NOT get a TD. PERIOD. NADA.

There is absolutely no chance WHATSOEVER for this sorry team.

What's there not to understand?

rmartin65
09-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Get real. Face the hard facts. Is this too difficult for you?

They WILL NOT get a TD. PERIOD. NADA.

There is absolutely no chance WHATSOEVER for this sorry team.

What's there not to understand?
Or three. No biggie.