PDA

View Full Version : peppers and williams

hot pickle
09-16-2006, 02:58 PM
dont know if anyone has posted this yet, but take a look at julius peppers first game and then the 2nd game, hopefully mario can do it to

GAMEDATE Opp RESULT GS Tkl Solo Ast Sacks Int Yds Lg TD Pass Def FF
09/08 Baltimore W 10-7 Yes 0....0.....1.....0.....0....0...0..0....0......... .0
09/15 Detroit W 31-7....Yes 5....4.....0.....3.....0....0...0..0....1......... .1

Go Mario

Im wit you all the way :redtowel:

TreWardTxn
09-16-2006, 03:04 PM
Let's not get carried away partner; Peppers let loose on the 3-13 2002 Lions; Mario's got to handle one of the best O-lines in football. If he just smacks Manning in his watermelon-head a few times I'll be cool...

hot pickle
09-16-2006, 03:31 PM
yah, im just sayin though, cuz everyone is all like mario sucks and hes a bust, so im just sayin look at peppers his first game he got one asst. not even a solo tackle, so at anytime in the season mario can pull out a 2 - 4 sack game
and i think he will have a couple of those late in the season, when our schedule gets a lil weaker

NEROtheZERO
09-16-2006, 03:38 PM
Let's not get carried away partner; Peppers let loose on the 3-13 2002 Lions; Mario's got to handle one of the best O-lines in football. If he just smacks Manning in his watermelon-head a few times I'll be cool...
Even a Colts fan will tell you that their line is terribly overrated. I am not expecting 5 sacks out of Mario but this isn't exactly a brick wall we are facing tomorrow.

Dr. Toro
09-16-2006, 03:41 PM

That dude does have a melon... but he can sling it.

Blu
09-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Play your tail off MArio!

"You can do it! "

pittbull
09-16-2006, 06:33 PM
We are not going to see the best of Mario, until the Texans decide to keep him at the Pass rushing End. Mario's moving around more than a traveling salesman, and isn't faring much better. As a rookie, he needs time to get used to 1 position. Peppers was never moved all around the line!

TK_Gamer
09-16-2006, 07:39 PM
I see the logic in moving mario around, he's young and they think they have a true future superstar, so they want him to get a feel for the line and learn about how each spot can effect the offense. honestly I think kubiak is wating for mario to pull the trigger and let his emmense physical abilities take over. I'm not impatient when it comes to someone with the hall of fame potential that mario has, I think one game soon he will just explode and show everyone why he was picked no. 1. it will happen

Houston_Fanatic
09-16-2006, 07:48 PM
I really hope Super Mario has a good game tomorrow - for his sake, not ours.

:mario:

TexanBronco
09-16-2006, 07:52 PM
good game or not they need to let him play in ONE spot and not moving him around so much IMO

hot pickle
09-16-2006, 07:58 PM
keep him at DE, thats the only way he will mature to a end like peppers and freeny

pittbull
09-16-2006, 09:42 PM

I'm hoping and praying the same thing. The guy is young, and I hope that all goes well for him!

thunderkyss
09-17-2006, 12:19 AM
We are not going to see the best of Mario, until the Texans decide to keep him at the Pass rushing End. Mario's moving around more than a traveling salesman, and isn't faring much better. As a rookie, he needs time to get used to 1 position. Peppers was never moved all around the line!

Didn't we just say Mario had a better game against the NFC East powerhouse than JP had against the offensively challenged 2002 Baltimore Ravens??

Looks to me that Mario is ahead of the curve.

Houston_Fanatic
09-17-2006, 01:57 AM
good game or not they need to let him play in ONE spot and not moving him around so much IMO

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a294/sarafina159/Emoticons/thumb.gif

Erratic Assassin
09-17-2006, 02:12 AM
I see the logic in moving mario around, he's young and they think they have a true future superstar, so they want him to get a feel for the line and learn about how each spot can effect the offense

Moving Mario around is idiotic. Let him get good at doing one thing, anything, before you make him play every position on the line. It's too much to digest all at once.

We have a bad habit of acting like a bunch of lemmings who think our coaches & GMs can do no wrong because they are "the experts". Dwight Freeney thinks moving Mario around is stupid and he's played more downs as a DE than Kubiak has.

Kaiser Toro
09-17-2006, 09:01 AM
Moving Mario around is idiotic. Let him get good at doing one thing, anything, before you make him play every position on the line. It's too much to digest all at once.

We have a bad habit of acting like a bunch of lemmings who think our coaches & GMs can do no wrong because they are "the experts". Dwight Freeney thinks moving Mario around is stupid and he's played more downs as a DE than Kubiak has.

This one will have to go in a virtual time capsule, only to be opened in 2008.

Texanfan4ever
09-17-2006, 10:20 AM

For his sake AND ours, so we don't have to listen to everybody whine. After all, he IS human and he's just a kid, a very RICH kid, but still a kid. Man, all these attacks would be very hard to take.

RiotCommander
09-17-2006, 10:32 AM
Does anyone, but me remember the pressure he got up the middle in the Rams game? Also, he batted down a pass in the same game getting pressure. Its not like he has shown no promise. He may not get a single sack today, Manning isn't exactly known for taking many sacks.

I just hope we play this game better then the last.

dat_boy_yec
09-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Does anyone, but me remember the pressure he got up the middle in the Rams game? Also, he batted down a pass in the same game getting pressure. Its not like he has shown no promise. He may not get a single sack today, Manning isn't exactly known for taking many sacks.

I just hope we play this game better then the last.

He batted down that pass at the DE position and if I remember correctly we got pressure up the middle even when Mario wasn't in the middle. On that pass I don't think he was getting pressure, that was just a great play on the ball, but Mario wasn't getting close to the QB. He showed he could play both positions, but he didn't show any real promise at either. Okay, he showed more promise at DE I think when he got into the backfield to make the tackle for a loss that was pretty good. That's why I think he should be left at DE and not moved around.

thunderkyss
09-17-2006, 12:20 PM
He batted down that pass at the DE position and if I remember correctly we got pressure up the middle even when Mario wasn't in the middle. On that pass I don't think he was getting pressure, that was just a great play on the ball, but Mario wasn't getting close to the QB. He showed he could play both positions, but he didn't show any real promise at either. Okay, he showed more promise at DE I think when he got into the backfield to make the tackle for a loss that was pretty good. That's why I think he should be left at DE and not moved around.

When Mario stopped StephenJackson(??) in the backfield, he was playing from the DT position. & When he chased McNabb out of the pocket, he was playing from the DT position.

Why do we think Mario had a bad game?? Because he didn't get a sack?? Didn't we talk before the season, that a good DE, a great DE, won't normally average a sack per game unless he is having an exceptional season?? Mario had two tackles, one assist...... we saw flashes of his speed, when he got to Buckhalter in the backfield(but missed the tackle, allowing an 8 yard run...... poor tackling technique...... should be expected)

We saw his power, when later he tackled Westbrook with one hand..... and on the big touchdown pass to Stallworth, Mario was playing DT, was being Double teamed by the OG & Center, and still gaining ground....

Mario was in the backfield several times trying to figure out what he needs to do(does the running back have the football??) If Kubiak was smart enough to show these plays to Mario, and ask him, "what are you doing?? The QB...... go get the QB..... ", to strengthen his resolve..... Peyton is going to be in trouble.

I garantee a sack today...... I dare to say two sacks, and two big plays in the backfield.

Mr. White
09-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Peppers came into a better defense than Mario did in Houston. Carolina had a 14th ranked defense in 2001 as opposed to our 31st ranked defense last year.

I wouldn't really expect Mario to start shaking things up until the defense gets it together as unit.