PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What's your level of satisfaction with this team?

GP
09-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Have expectations been dashed?

Sound off.

mexican_texan
09-16-2006, 10:03 AM
We got off to a slow start, but I like how this team has shown that they are not the 2-14 joke of a team.

Where's the poll?

Txn_in_Oki
09-16-2006, 10:34 AM
Well, it seems like people have somes sense about these things. People just need to be patient. :crutch:

Brandon420tx
09-16-2006, 10:46 AM
OMG, Hide this poll before BOBO shows up again (Dom Capers leg humper)

thunderkyss
09-16-2006, 10:48 AM
Have expectations been dashed?

Sound off.

NO..... I like our team, and I haven't seen anything to make me think we will not go 13-3.

DominickDavisFan76
09-16-2006, 10:49 AM
HaHa i voted to bring back Dom Capers, but i was kidding.... dont hurt me :crutch:

K.D.
09-16-2006, 10:50 AM
I'm confident in what I see so far, with time we will be clicking on all cylinders, moving the chains and scoring, 3 and out for opposing O's,playing with HEART and EMOTIONS.

The one good thing from the eagle's game is the coaches have videotape to critique players and most importantly the D. I serious don't think we'll get manhandled like that again, Richard Smith will start to bringing the house before he let's that happen again.

thunderkyss
09-16-2006, 10:55 AM
]']Okay I had high expectation from the D. They played the eagles and they look worst than last year.

:challenge

you have to take that in perspective. We will not win alot of games when we play that way. No pressure and big plays downfield, Atleast take away one aspect, then you have hopes to winning.

I didn't record and watch the Texans last year, so I can't remember who or why our defense looked so bad.

after watching the game several times, McNabb got rid of the ball in less than 2 seconds on most occasions..... this tell me, we had a coverage problem.. and I know you've seen the replays where our safeties & LBs would bite on the play action.

I think we got good pressure on McNabb...... not great, but much more than no pressure. But he got rid of the ball quick, and he's pretty mobile. Peyton isn't as Mobile, but watching him last week against NYG, he wasn't exactly a statute either.

But our LBs need to play much better than they did against Philly. Rod Woodson just broke the game down on NFL Total Access: Week in Review and just like I expected (because I can't see the coverage from my recorded game) McNabb was reading our LBs all game long, and they made it easy for him.

Maddict5
09-16-2006, 11:33 AM
i voted for the 1st 1 because it was the closest to how i feel-my expectations weren't high..i was hoping for a .500 season...but i dont like some of the things that have happened since about week 4 of the PS-getting rid of robaire, wand, morency etc for ellison, manning who were just kept around for a week.....

i dont know-kubiak keeps talking about increasing te talent of the team but i think we've lessened it....

il still support kubiak(wont leave because we dont have certain players i like WINK,WINK)..but ,to me, he didnt do anything wrong the first few months and looked like a great HC...Now, im questioning some of his moves more

still think we'll win 6-7 games though...philly are a very good team

Houston_Fanatic
09-16-2006, 11:38 AM
I have a lot of confidence in our new coaches and their ability to pull this team together and win a championship for us. It will take time, but once it starts clicking it will be soooooooo sweet.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-16-2006, 02:09 PM
As I have stated before Rome was not built in one day......have all the confidence in Gary & Mike that we will see this soon someday......

:texflag: :trophy:

Low Life
09-16-2006, 03:31 PM
I'm hopeful but definitely not satisfied. There are some things that I need to see to be satisfied.
1) Dunta has to get a pick and knock somebody out in the same game.
2) Mario needs a sack and a rushing touchdown in the same game.
3) Carr needs to toss up a 50 yarder sprint down the sideline and catch his own pass (Is that even legal?)

To quote Prince "Maybe I'm just like my mother..."

Honestly two consecutive TD drives will make me happy at this point. I'm pretty easy as long as I get to watch my team. :homer: Win or Lose.

mexican_texan
09-16-2006, 04:11 PM
I didn't record and watch the Texans last year, so I can't remember who or why our defense looked so bad.

after watching the game several times, McNabb got rid of the ball in less than 2 seconds on most occasions..... this tell me, we had a coverage problem.. and I know you've seen the replays where our safeties & LBs would bite on the play action.

I think we got good pressure on McNabb...... not great, but much more than no pressure. But he got rid of the ball quick, and he's pretty mobile. Peyton isn't as Mobile, but watching him last week against NYG, he wasn't exactly a statute either.

But our LBs need to play much better than they did against Philly. Rod Woodson just broke the game down on NFL Total Access: Week in Review and just like I expected (because I can't see the coverage from my recorded game) McNabb was reading our LBs all game long, and they made it easy for him.
Donovan McNabb is a great QB and has burned defenses much better than ours. That said, our Defense is inexperienced and one would expect them to mess up a bit...but not as much as they did. Part of it though, was the preparation by both teams. In one of the passes that went to LJ Smith, DeMeco let Smith go out so that DeMeco could go back and be the spy in the middle and left one of the DBs cover LJ Smith and one of the backs, which is an easy first down for a QB like McNabb.

BattleRed37
09-16-2006, 05:02 PM
0-4 bye week. 0-6 when the Texans play Titans. 1st win in week 8 against Titans. These are my preditions.

cred
09-16-2006, 06:16 PM
I do have to know who the 2 are who would vote for capers and co.

sixfour
09-16-2006, 06:38 PM
as long as they show progress i'll be happy. i still think 8-8 is possible.

TexanBronco
09-16-2006, 06:55 PM
I voted We'll get there. It takes time, and I'm confident thus far. cause we are still trying to clean up the mess that you know who made :taz: but we will get there prob next year

Hardcore Texan
09-17-2006, 12:16 AM
Yes. We will get there. Do you know what makes a champion a champion?...determination, perseverance, heart, unbreakable will, intestinal fortitude, and a strong resolve. You have to face adversity to appreciate success.....and we will get there, contending year in and year out. There is too much Instant Gratification Syndrome these days...It is going to take time to get there but we WILL get there.

GO TEXANS!!! :texflag:

Texas_Heat
09-17-2006, 10:41 AM
We'll get there. It takes time, and I'm confident thus far.

This is the same thing I heard the :homer: 's
spout about Dom Capers, it's getting old.

BlueThunder
09-17-2006, 12:09 PM
I'm with the staff and how they have handled the team so far.I think they could have done more but there going to get the answers.Atleast pr numbers are on the board this year.Last year we were so bad we didn't even make the board.Its hard to tell how bad a team really is when there at the bottom in everything..I think we already have a good idea where the next draft will go.Were a better team then the team in 2004.

:trophy: :logo:

Scott D
09-17-2006, 01:10 PM
We're going nowhere. This team is the laughing stock of the NFL. Prove me otherwise.

I don't see an improvement until (maybe) (probably not) in the next 3 years. Until then, the Texans will be nothing.

Scott D
09-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Now I know for sure. The players SUCK. That's our problem. No coach can make them any better than they are right now. I'm implying our front lines, both in offense and defense. They are TOO SLOW. They couldn't tackle the other quarterback if he just stood there.